What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any trademark lawyers in the house? (1 Viewer)

PatriotJohn

Footballguy
Wife and I are gearing up our photography business and we would like to trademark our business name. We did a search on the Trademark database and found another company (in a different class and business entity) that has the reverse name as ours (IE: COLA PEPSI instead of PEPSI COLA).

Even though it is in a different class, would it still be found as a "likelihood of confusion" and get rejected, or should we be confident in assuming this will go through? I know the best course is to consult a trademark lawyer, but coming on here first doesn't hurt.

TIA

Different name in a different class certainly helps. How close geographically? How alike are the businesses, if at all?

Not a lawyer, don't rely on me.

We are in Ohio, and Nontendo owns the other "reverse" name, calssified as video gaming versus photography.

Do you own the domain name, or did u just add photo to end or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quez said:
Do you own the domain name, or did u just add photo to end or something?
We own a .net and .org domain name, but the trademark is not for anything domain related, just the business name.

Users who are viewing this thread