What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any opposition to fantasy: concussions? (1 Viewer)

fredsavage

Footballguy
I've played fantasy football avidly for 6 years. I love that this game most closely resembles an actual fantasy, which is owning and controlling a professional sports team. It's not as instantly gratifying as CoD or Halo, but the thrill of watching professional athletes that you "own" perform incredible feats is the great. The thrill of seeing Odell Beckham make the catch with a fantasy spin added? Ecstasy

The pulsating radioactive elephant in the room is the fact that this fantasy involves humans bashing their skulls together for 60 minutes. This has pretty obviously led to brain injuries directly responsible for mental disorder and even suicidal tendency.

I don't know if I can quit watching NFL because fantasy is so damned awesome. NBA is so much more aesthetically pleasing a sport, but fantasy gives NFL unrivaled depth as far as viewing entertainment.

It's just these guys are monsters getting in car accidents repeatedly for my entertainment.

Is flag football the only way this can work in the long term?

Users who are viewing this thread