What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Indy guys? Things to do this weekend before the game (1 Viewer)

Spin

Footballguy
Wife and I are going to the Colts/Titans game, and will get there Friday evening.  Any suggestions on things to do on Saturday?  Restaurant recommendations, things to try, etc?

Have you ever heard of Nashville Indiana? It's a small town one hour directly south of Indianapolis. Touristy area, small shops, local artists, some nice restaurants, beautiful in the fall (Although I believe the peak color in the leaves has just passed).

For downtown Indy bars I'd recommend the Slippery Noodle.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ice House is a great joint for what I call the world's largest tenderloin. It's so tasty and is about 4 times bigger than the bun it comes on. You get complimentary popcorn while you wait on your food which is clutch. About a 10 minute drive from downtown (5 minutes or so from Lucas Oil Stadium).

One of those "hole in the wall" places but it's legit like an old ice house.

Wife and I are going to the Colts/Titans game, and will get there Friday evening.  Any suggestions on things to do on Saturday?  Restaurant recommendations, things to try, etc?
What did you end up doing?

Did you have any fun in Indy?

boilerdave said:
What did you end up doing?

Did you have any fun in Indy?
Yah, we had a blast.  We went to Tastings at the Conrad because my wife found out that the 2006 super bowl team was staying there.  Drank wayy too much wine, then went to Rock bottom and drank a beer with Bryan Fletcher until the team was about to board the bus.  Then hung outside and took pictures with a few of the players, Clark, Saturday, Tarik Glenn and Bill Polian. Then back to Rockbottom to watch the Preds lose to the Blues, but ran into some nice Blues fans and we traded shots back and forth before finally ubering to the hotel.

Back to Tastings for Memosas and Bloody Mary's before the game.  Hung out in the Conrad lobby, saw Kevin Durant, but no picture :(  Saw the 2006 players again, was pretty neat.  Tried to convince some FO guy to give us box seats but he wouldn't let cave.  

So hung out at the same place all day Saturday and Sunday but my wife loved it.  Overall was a great trip.  Next time we go we'll try to explore more, but once my wife found out where the super bowl team was staying, there was no getting her to move.

I haven’t read the thread so maybe these are repeats. But I enjoy Nada and Bakersfield for Mexican downtown. Bru Burger isn’t bad.

I do love the Eagle’s chicken sandwich. 

Users who are viewing this thread