What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any FBGs using nootropics? Giving Alpha Brain a 30 day try. (1 Viewer)

Bogart

Footballguy
Over the last six months or so, I have become frustrated that I can't remember facts that I used to, and always seem to be missing that word on the tip of my tongue to finish a sentence. Also having issues concentrating at work and losing focus from time to time. Nothing huge, but becoming annoying. About to turn 40 and not ready to mail it in.

So while I have been working on my diet and exercise, and dabbling with meditation, I wanted to try a supplement as well. Did some research, and giving Alpha Brain from Onnit a try. They just finished a clinical trial with positive results. The price point is a bit high, but worth it to get sharper and more focused.

Anyone else tried this? Any positive results?

Just started on Sunday, nothing huge, and could just be placebo effect so far, but will document how the 30 days go. Onnit has a full money back guarantee, so worth giving it a month try.

Nootropic wiki

Alpha Brain link

I just turned 50 and have been taking ginkgo for a couple of months now for the same reasons. I'll give it a few more months. Some minor improvement but I did put my nail clipper in the refrigerator the other day, so maybe it isn't helping.

My boss at work bought something similar to try and improve his memory. I asked him how it's working, he said he doesn't know because he keeps forgetting to take it.

I have been taking stuff like this but in a liquid form. I feel the liquid form gets in your system much quicker. I notice immediate mental clarity, better memory, razor sharp focus, increased creativity, aND a much more vivid imagination.

I recommend all of the products from snakeoillabs.com. here are my favoirites,

-cobra brain

-python piss

-serpent spice (you smoke this)

Last edited by a moderator:
After I read this article, I thought bromantane sounded cool, so I bought a trial pack of five pills from AwakeBrain.

It's supposed to be a stimulant that also relieves anxiety. (Cool, right?) I thought it might be useful when I play poker, or as an occasional coffee substitute at work.

People respond to drugs nutritional supplements in different ways, but it is absolutely not a stimulant for me. I've taken two of the five pills so far, and both times it made me really want to take a nap.

That's my only experience with anything like this.

I heard modafinil is a drug people are using for a mental edge. Has anyone tried it?

Quez said:
I heard modafinil is a drug people are using for a mental edge. Has anyone tried it?
Tried this... it definitely keeps you awake but it also kind of turns you into a drone.

Users who are viewing this thread