What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (4 Viewers)

Can’t just kill someone for something that might happen. That’s not the law.
Where did I say that?

You're saying you can't chase them (because that might lead to a scenario where you have to kill them if the suspect responds with force).

You don't avoid that scenario but putting off the in-person interaction.  In fact, you may be facilitating greater danger.

Where did I say that?

You're saying you can't chase them (because that might lead to a scenario where you have to kill them if the suspect responds with force).

You don't avoid that scenario but putting off the in-person interaction.  In fact, you may be facilitating greater danger.
Can't rationalize with people defending criminals.  Yeah, let him go & pick him up later. I'm sure he wont commit any more crimes in that time frame.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/22/881643215/police-researcher-officers-have-similar-biases-regardless-of-race

I was talking to a former police officer whose job is now to recruit more Black and brown police officers into [the Minneapolis] force. It sounds like what you're saying is if she is recruiting Black and brown officers from Phoenix or from Houston and bringing them over to Minneapolis, that is not likely to solve the problem.

That's exactly right. So the optics look good, but we can't make the assumption that simply because a person is Black that they're going to know about the neighborhood. Part of the fundamental problem when it comes to policing that I've noticed is that when police officers interact with a white person, there is a pause, a slight pause, a slight benefit of the doubt. The reason why that exists is because subconsciously, implicitly, when they interact with that person, they see their neighbor, a parent at their kids' school, and when they interact with a Black person, they are less likely to have what we call in sociology those "social scripts" that allow them to view people in those multitude of ways.

And if we're going to change this, one big recommendation I have: Police officers need housing assistance that mandates that they live in the metropolitan area where they are policing. Because community policing isn't about getting out, playing basketball with a kid in uniform. Community policing oftentimes is what you do when you're not on duty. The way that you're investing in a neighborhood.

we have been over this... the dude committed resisting (misdemeanor), and then aggravated battery to a police officer by punching (felony). You don't just not chase - that isn't cop instinct, that isn't human instinct.

Second, if you just "pick him up" later, those DUI charges are going absolutely nowhere. 
Oh I get it..So instead of chasing him down until caught why not shot him first to slow him up.

This

Im sorry , but the argument that they should have left him go home and picked him up the next day is one of the worst arguments I’ve ive read anywhere about anything 
If being intoxicated and making bad decisions is a crime punishable by being shot...I should be shot nearly every weekend.

Where did I say that?

Are you sure? I think the interaction is far more likely to go calmly when the man is sober. This wasn’t a guy who committed a violent crime until the police became involved. He hadn’t shot at anyone or threatened anyone. Of course these assessments aren’t easy on the fly and definitely require a different kind of mindset and perhaps training/protocol changes similar to when many cities decided to end high speed pursuits because of the risk it puts on everyone involved. 

🤣   Keep changing what people are saying to fit your narrative.  In this case, the criminal turned and attacked the officer.  The officer pursued..and did not fire...until attacked with the tazer.
Was he hit by the taser? I believe once its fired and doesn't hit anything it has to be reloaded.

Are you sure? I think the interaction is far more likely to go calmly when the man is sober. This wasn’t a guy who committed a violent crime until the police became involved. He hadn’t shot at anyone or threatened anyone. Of course these assessments aren’t easy on the fly and definitely require a different kind of mindset and perhaps training/protocol changes similar to when many cities decided to end high speed pursuits because of the risk it puts on everyone involved. 
Calmly sleeping in my car........Now dead. Should have never ended that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure...and neither are you.  Nobody knows the future, but its always easy to arm chair QB.

I agree with your last statement.  Any human interaction is inherently risky and unknown.  I'd be open to the idea of never arresting people in the act of committing a crime, just would want to understand what the plan after letting them go would be...before saying it would be better.

Calmly sleeping in my car........Now dead.
He was blocking the drive thru so I get the need for him to move. Did Wendy’s try to talk with him? It seems like something that could have been resolved without police, but I don’t know that part. Also it seems like several times the officers were close to just telling him to take a nap once he moved the car. It’s a tragedy of so many small opportunities for a positive and calm resolution that went wrong slowly building to something violent and tragic. It’s probably an incident very much worth studying for officers about when the mindset should be to chase and when to let go, how small decisions can snowball and key decision points in an interaction. 

I'm not sure...and neither are you.  Nobody knows the future, but its always easy to arm chair QB.

I agree with your last statement.  Any human interaction is inherently risky and unknown.  I'd be open to the idea of never arresting people in the act of committing a crime, just would want to understand what the plan after letting them go would be...before saying it would be better.
Nobody is sure but it’s probably pretty easy for researchers to create probability tables based on times people managed to get away. What kind of original circumstances are likely to lead to an escalation of violence and what kind don’t. In this case, it seems really unlikely to me that this guy would go harm someone. Who would he harm? Again people are unpredictable but it’s a big step to go from drunk and passed out and resisting arrest to killing people. 

I think there are certainly times where the person needs to be arrested right away. I would say the more violent the original incident was should be the really important in making that call. 

Nobody is sure but it’s probably pretty easy for researchers to create probability tables based on times people managed to get away. What kind of original circumstances are likely to lead to an escalation of violence and what kind don’t. In this case, it seems really unlikely to me that this guy would go harm someone. Who would he harm? Again people are unpredictable but it’s a big step to go from drunk and passed out and resisting arrest to killing people. 

I think there are certainly times where the person needs to be arrested right away. I would say the more violent the original incident was should be the really important in making that call. 
Yep, I'd be interested in thinking through this and seeing the data / recommendations.  I think the presumption that the outcome is better is not a given, and i'd lean towards a net negative...but worth thinking through and I'd be sure there would be some positive/niche learnings.

As for what do you do with a person who the police wanted to arrest but didn’t warrant a chase would be the the same thing we do with people who have warrants out. Issue a ticket, summons to court, seizure of assets as collateral to ensure court appearance, etc. I am not an expert on that the end of things but I’m sure there are many options to peacefully get someone to turn them self in- especially alcohol/drug related crimes where the person isn’t a hardened criminal, they are just aren’t thinking straight at the time. Also if this guy ran away, just impound his car and say you want it back, come turn yourself in. 

Sure.  Not quite what we are talking about, but I would agree to that.  
if you are going to try and sell me on the "born in a poor area" or "only had 1 parent" or something like that as holding someone back no, I'll disagree with you simply because I've been there, done that, seen way too many people escape those very things - they WANTED TO and they did it

Calmly sleeping in my car........Now dead. Should have never ended that way.
should have never started that way either right ?

almost every bad police outcome starts with a civilian who did things wrong - really wrong. Sometimes the police really overact - I'm seeing that more so than I probably thought was happening

like the white woman in Sedalia MO that I still cannot find on CNN

should have never started that way either right ?

almost every bad police outcome starts with a civilian who did things wrong - really wrong. Sometimes the police really overact - I'm seeing that more so than I probably thought was happening

like the white woman in Sedalia MO that I still cannot find on CNN
Start posting about it on bigger outlets like FB and Twitter. Call for justice for her. Most of these start as grassroots cases and you can be a voice on this one. It sounds like hundreds people showed up to protest it. Are you in the Sedalia area?

if you are going to try and sell me on the "born in a poor area" or "only had 1 parent" or something like that as holding someone back no, I'll disagree with you simply because I've been there, done that, seen way too many people escape those very things - they WANTED TO and they did it
and many don’t. I look at it like this, in poker any hand can win. Even a 2-6 off suit can deliver a monster payoff. Pocket kings is a great starting hand but also one that could cost you all your money if you misplay it. It’s all about probability. Of all the people born with bad hands, some will play them well and profit with them but the probability says most will still end up with a weak hand once the river comes. You can land that lucky inside straight or you can bluff a low pair to success. But most inside straights never hit and many bluffs ultimately get called. Just because person X turned a 3-6 of clubs into a straight flush, doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a bad hand that puts a player at a disadvantage.

Gotcha, and we are right back full circle to the "I did it, so everyone who wants also can do it" portion of the program.   While also ignoring stats presented to you that have 0 to do with intelligence, hard work, desire to excel, etc..   Ie:  two exact applications with different names, and one gets X number of interviews and job offers more.     We are (at least I am trying to) talking about obstacles that are statistically weighted more for certain groups of people that have nothing to do with choices, effort, or desire.  

I am not taking away from what you did by presenting that.   I am not asking you to bow down or feel guilty like these wacky YouTube links being thrown around in here.   I believe that it would have been X% harder for a black man to do what you did in your situation, and that is a sad reality for the bestest richest country in the world.  

and many don’t. I look at it like this, in poker any hand can win. Even a 2-6 off suit can deliver a monster payoff. Pocket kings is a great starting hand but also one that could cost you all your money if you misplay it. It’s all about probability. Of all the people born with bad hands, some will play them well and profit with them but the probability says most will still end up with a weak hand once the river comes. You can land that lucky inside straight or you can bluff a low pair to success. But most inside straights never hit and many bluffs ultimately get called. Just because person X turned a 3-6 of clubs into a straight flush, doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a bad hand that puts a player at a disadvantage.
Sometimes you have to "just roll the dice" and hope you don`t crap out.

Was he hit by the taser? I believe once its fired and doesn't hit anything it has to be reloaded.
Please have some knowledge on the tactical specifications of the taser before commenting. And please have some knowledge on the case at hand before commenting.

1) Tasers have two cartridges. Nothing needs to be reloaded. You can either press the trigger once and one cartridge discharges, and then press the trigger again and the second discharges. OR, you can hold the trigger down and the first cartridge will discharge, and while holding it down, the second cartridge will release shortly after. 

2) There are two tasers involved here. Rolfe's taser and Brosnan's. When on the ground with Brooks, Brosnan had his Taser out. Brooks got a hold of Brosnan's taser and actually shot it, contacting Brosnan and causing him to hit his head on the pavement and suffer a concussion. With Brosnan somewhat disabled/not at full capacity, Brooks punches Rolfe and then runs with Brosnan's Taser in hand. Rolfe takes his Taser out and discharges it to no avail. Then Brooks points Brosnan's Taser and fires it again but this time at Rolfe, and you know the rest.

3) After Rolfe was shot at by a taser, he immediately returns fire. His defense can go one of two ways, both justifiable in my opinion. Rolfe's defense can argue that he saw a flash when Brooks shot his Taser - the fact that they previously patted him down for weapons does not matter for two reasons. One is that just because you patted him down on the waistband for a weapon doesn't mean you missed something, you would be surprised how often criminals have a small pistol pocket-type firearm near the nuts, which is not an area cops would typically check. And two, it is reasonable to believe he possibly had Brosnan's gun during the struggle - as I said earlier, Brosnan was hit by his own Taser and possibly disabled for a short time. That is a high adrenaline moment on the ground with lots of blind-spots and arms moving every which way.

4) There is also the defense where maybe Rolfe thought he could be disabled by the Taser when Brooks shot it. As I said and as you can see on video, Rolfe immediately shot Brooks after being shot by the Taser. It is possible that Rolfe thought the prongs could have been connected without him knowing. Second, it is also possible that Rolfe thought there was another cartridge in Brosnan's Taser and that Brooks had another shot at disabling him. The fact that Brooks had discharged Brosnan's Taser doesn't really matter - it is possible during the scuffle on the ground that Rolfe didn't hear the 'pop' sound of a Taser discharging. Not only are they yelling on the ground, but there are two things that are scientific facts during a high stress moment - TUNNEL VISION and AUDITORY EXCLUSION. Auditory exclusion is legitimate temporary hearing loss when your heart rate goes way up, and your sympathetic nervous system is so activated that your brain actually reduces the amount of attention it pays to hearing.

As for what do you do with a person who the police wanted to arrest but didn’t warrant a chase would be the the same thing we do with people who have warrants out. Issue a ticket, summons to court, seizure of assets as collateral to ensure court appearance, etc. I am not an expert on that the end of things but I’m sure there are many options to peacefully get someone to turn them self in- especially alcohol/drug related crimes where the person isn’t a hardened criminal, they are just aren’t thinking straight at the time. Also if this guy ran away, just impound his car and say you want it back, come turn yourself in. 
You mention seizure of assets... this is not really how it goes in real life for typical crimes of DUI and others in big cities like Atlanta, Chicago, etc. What happens in real life is a warrant may or may not be issued, Brooks will likely not turn himself in because it would violate his probation and he goes back to county, and the only way he gets arrested is if he is stopped by the police again and a name check pops the warrant, where... he has another opportunity to fight/flee if he so wishes. 

Just because it was a DUI doesn't mean it wasn't a serious offense. If his license was revoked, the DUI charge would be a felony depending on the state. Further, just because you have done your SFST observations and administered the breathalyzer doesn't mean, well case closed, if he runs he runs, we'll let the courts get him! There is also the observation period in the police facility that is a tool officers use in court and usually required by the state, called the Warning to Motorist. There is also the Miranda Warnings where Brooks may or may not make statements.

In these terms I assume you are mostly speaking of financial advantages that someone has to start off.  That leads to the better schools, etc.  Also having a strong family backing the individual is extremely helpful.  I'm not sure we can ever legislate our way out of either the financial or familial advantage.  If it's a situation of we need to try and bring our education system up across the board I think that's a good start.  But no two people are never born on equal playing fields financially or family wise other than siblings. 

Also most of the guys here would test above intelligence but some people have that gift and others don't.  That also tilts the field to individuals to be able to overcome, these are the people who turn that 6c3c into a straight flush.  The lack of it often leads to people who squander a better financial situation and fail to achieve.  Our system is often criticized.  I know in my lifetime I've never heard it demonized more.  Yet capitalism allows those with the talents to make that 6c3c into a winner.  I agree the odds don't start out even and would argue they never will.  But at least those odds are non-zero, and that can't be said for other systems.

You mention seizure of assets... this is not really how it goes in real life for typical crimes of DUI and others in big cities like Atlanta, Chicago, etc. What happens in real life is a warrant may or may not be issued, Brooks will likely not turn himself in because it would violate his probation and he goes back to county, and the only way he gets arrested is if he is stopped by the police again and a name check pops the warrant, where... he has another opportunity to fight/flee if he so wishes. 

Just because it was a DUI doesn't mean it wasn't a serious offense. If his license was revoked, the DUI charge would be a felony depending on the state. Further, just because you have done your SFST observations and administered the breathalyzer doesn't mean, well case closed, if he runs he runs, we'll let the courts get him! There is also the observation period in the police facility that is a tool officers use in court and usually required by the state, called the Warning to Motorist. There is also the Miranda Warnings where Brooks may or may not make statements.
Just curious what’s your background (if you don’t mind revealing) are you I’m law enforcement?

Just curious what’s your background (if you don’t mind revealing) are you I’m law enforcement?
No, but I have worked for the gov't in an area that overlaps with police officers. I've had similar training in law and some lethal and less than lethal training.

In these terms I assume you are mostly speaking of financial advantages that someone has to start off.  That leads to the better schools, etc.  Also having a strong family backing the individual is extremely helpful.  I'm not sure we can ever legislate our way out of either the financial or familial advantage.  If it's a situation of we need to try and bring our education system up across the board I think that's a good start.  But no two people are never born on equal playing fields financially or family wise other than siblings. 

Also most of the guys here would test above intelligence but some people have that gift and others don't.  That also tilts the field to individuals to be able to overcome, these are the people who turn that 6c3c into a straight flush.  The lack of it often leads to people who squander a better financial situation and fail to achieve.  Our system is often criticized.  I know in my lifetime I've never heard it demonized more.  Yet capitalism allows those with the talents to make that 6c3c into a winner.  I agree the odds don't start out even and would argue they never will.  But at least those odds are non-zero, and that can't be said for other systems.
Poker is not the best analogy for life, because unlike poker you can improve your hand (the flop, turn and river are all luck in poker).  But this framework is largely true, which is to say it is inherently unfair but the government should establish equitable rules and a safety net / infrastructure aimed to keep players in the game and opportunity to improve their hands.

One thing for sure, if you are dealt 2-7 or Aces if you pull a weapon on a cop I don't like your odds.

I was simply using it as an analogy against his argument that because some people have overcome major odds to become successful that the same can happen to anyone or nobody deserves any special empathy. Life, like poker is an incredible blend of skill, patience, guts, instincts, reasoning but still strongly hinges on a random chance. It was not meant as an argument for or against any economic system.

Great info thanks. How much of that has to be that way and how much of that could be improved? 

rhetorical question btw, I don’t have enough knowledge or data to go more in-depth on this. I just think it’s time to take a big picture and maybe outside of the box look at some of policing and law enforcement. 

How much do you think the flip side is true? 

As in, "Boy if it's neighbor Joe from down the street that's arresting me, I must really deserve it."

I'm really asking. It's not a leading question...
I think if bias' are reduced on both sides it makes it much easier to apprehend someone or be apprehended.  Both parties would likely feel safer.  I know i would prefer someone i know taking me in or interacting with me in general over someone i don't know and worry might plant something or just make up something to hit their quota or just rough me up. 

All police are bastards, says a former police officer.

https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-*******-cop-bb14d17bc759

using that analogy you're right - its all about how you decide to play and we all can get bad hands dealt to us can't we ?  maybe the key is the poker players who have studied the game, understands when to push, who has the advantage, how to read other players and how many big blinds you have left in chips vs the people who never try and understand the game and literally lose all the time because they don't care to put the effort and work into understanding cards?

Gotcha, and we are right back full circle to the "I did it, so everyone who wants also can do it" portion of the program.   While also ignoring stats presented to you that have 0 to do with intelligence, hard work, desire to excel, etc..   Ie:  two exact applications with different names, and one gets X number of interviews and job offers more.     We are (at least I am trying to) talking about obstacles that are statistically weighted more for certain groups of people that have nothing to do with choices, effort, or desire.  

I am not taking away from what you did by presenting that.   I am not asking you to bow down or feel guilty like these wacky YouTube links being thrown around in here.   I believe that it would have been X% harder for a black man to do what you did in your situation, and that is a sad reality for the bestest richest country in the world.  
and ok you might believe that but its not provable - systematic racism is invisible whereas I can point you to literally organizations and companies and groups and magazines and scholarships and quota's etc that specifically cater to minority people and shut out other races

the sad reality is this - you ready ?  you can reform police, you can place quota's on hiring and admissions to colleges, you can tear down every statue in the USA that might offend people (and BTW lets start with all the LBJ ones please)  ......... we can do all that and it will not help one bit a kid in a poor area getting a 4.0 GPA and graduating and working hard and being productive and ethical and moral. THOSE things comes from within the family, the community, the culture 

do you not agree? 

look we've all been hammered with race card for decades - its known to everybody and literally only a handful of people out of 320 million think black lives DON"T matter and probably fewer than think white lives don't. We've seen Democrats claim to be the party to make it all right and they had 8 years with Obama, House and Senate majorities and in the last 20 years of Biden and Pelosi and Schumer and this is where we are? I mean black mayors, black police chiefs and THIS is where we are ? 

maybe the problem isn't where they're saying it is

using that analogy you're right - its all about how you decide to play and we all can get bad hands dealt to us can't we ?  maybe the key is the poker players who have studied the game, understands when to push, who has the advantage, how to read other players and how many big blinds you have left in chips vs the people who never try and understand the game and literally lose all the time because they don't care to put the effort and work into understanding cards?
I don't 100 %understand all these poker analogies, but what people are presenting with the stats is that while what you are saying is true - we can all choose to study the game, we could all start off with the same cards, but for one group it's X% less likely that the cards on the flop will help them get the outcome they need to take down the pot.  Then maybe the turn is also X% less likely to give a card that helps, etc..    So yes, hard work and studying the game is essential, but statistically it only goes so far if one group is less likely to get the cards they need to play the game.  

Sure but in life you only get one hand. There’s no folding and waiting for the next deal.

and ok you might believe that but its not provable - systematic racism is invisible whereas I can point you to literally organizations and companies and groups and magazines and scholarships and quota's etc that specifically cater to minority people and shut out other races

the sad reality is this - you ready ?  you can reform police, you can place quota's on hiring and admissions to colleges, you can tear down every statue in the USA that might offend people (and BTW lets start with all the LBJ ones please)  ......... we can do all that and it will not help one bit a kid in a poor area getting a 4.0 GPA and graduating and working hard and being productive and ethical and moral. THOSE things comes from within the family, the community, the culture 

do you not agree? 

look we've all been hammered with race card for decades - its known to everybody and literally only a handful of people out of 320 million think black lives DON"T matter and probably fewer than think white lives don't. We've seen Democrats claim to be the party to make it all right and they had 8 years with Obama, House and Senate majorities and in the last 20 years of Biden and Pelosi and Schumer and this is where we are? I mean black mayors, black police chiefs and THIS is where we are ? 

maybe the problem isn't where they're saying it is
You keep saying this, but always skip right over the endless links, docs, etc.. that people give you.  

I have said over and over that the 2nd bolded is important and something that I guess every single one of us teach our kids.  I have also said multiple times why I think that only goes so far.  Ie - telling somebody to get a job and work hard, but at the same time we can show that one group gets X% less interviews and job offers.   We can tell people to move, but then we also have stats showing that certain groups get shown places less or get steered to certain area, have more problems getting mortages, etc.  telling them to move only gets us so far.   THOSE are the systemic barriers we are talking about, and none of those have anything to with hard work, choices, family, or self responsibility.  

I don't 100 %understand all these poker analogies, but what people are presenting with the stats is that while what you are saying is true - we can all choose to study the game, we could all start off with the same cards, but for one group it's X% less likely that the cards on the flop will help them get the outcome they need to take down the pot.  Then maybe the turn is also X% less likely to give a card that helps, etc..    So yes, hard work and studying the game is essential, but statistically it only goes so far if one group is less likely to get the cards they need to play the game.  
what you are suggesting is the dealer is dealing worse cards to some people than others - you cannot prove it and yet you're asking for rules in place to give some people better cards in an effort to combat what you cannot prove. 

the stats are real on race/minority/culture ..... the WHY behind them we're disagreeing on

the left is saying its because white people and the system is still targeting blacks, I'm saying its much more of a culture issue

You keep saying this, but always skip right over the endless links, docs, etc.. that people give you.  
I don't skip them - you seem to think its an invisible systematic issue and I think its not, especially with all the anti-racist laws we have and literally all the laws we have that discriminate to HELP minorities

Sure but in life you only get one hand. There’s no folding and waiting for the next deal.
I got dealt a hand 25 years ago - a beautiful wonderful person. I invested heavily in that hand .... and last year that hand folded on me. 

I didn't check out of the game and today I'm better and stronger for it. 

So yes you get dealt but life isn't one hand, its many hands and you keep playing as hard as you can trying as best you can. 

if you believe you're going to lose, you will. if you believe you're a victim, you will be

I got dealt a hand 25 years ago - a beautiful wonderful person. I invested heavily in that hand .... and last year that hand folded on me. 

I didn't check out of the game and today I'm better and stronger for it. 

So yes you get dealt but life isn't one hand, its many hands and you keep playing as hard as you can trying as best you can. 

if you believe you're going to lose, you will. if you believe you're a victim, you will be
I’m sorry to hear about that. This analogy is well past it’s usefulness, but just saying in poker hands change at the flop, turn and river. 

https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2020/06/24/fired-wilmington-cop-we-are-just-going-to-go-out-and-start-slaughtering-them-f-ni-i-cant-wait-god-i-cant-wait-free-read/

“According to the summary, “Moore began telling Piner about an arrest he had made at work the day before. During that conversation, Moore refers to the female as a ‘negro’ and a ‘ni—-‘ on multiple occasions.”

He also referred to a magistrate judge, who is also black, as a ‘####### negro magistrate.’ 

“At one point, Moore states, ‘she needed a bullet in her head right then and move on. Let’s move the body out of the way and keep going.’ Piner responds, ‘That’s what I have been trying to tell you,'” according to the documents. 

After more derogatory comments about the arrestee and the magistrate, the conversation takes an even bleaker turn, as the two officers discuss an upcoming ‘civil war.’ 

“Piner tells Moore later in the conversation that he feels a civil war is coming and he is ‘ready.’ Piner advised he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks. A short time later Officer Piner began to discuss society being close to ‘martial law’ and soon ‘we are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them ####### ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.’ Moore responded that he would not do that. Piner stated, ‘I am ready.'” according to the summary.

“Officer Piner then explained to Cpl. Moore that he felt society needed a civil war to ‘wipe ’em off the ####### map. That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations.'””

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2020/06/24/fired-wilmington-cop-we-are-just-going-to-go-out-and-start-slaughtering-them-f-ni-i-cant-wait-god-i-cant-wait-free-read/

“According to the summary, “Moore began telling Piner about an arrest he had made at work the day before. During that conversation, Moore refers to the female as a ‘negro’ and a ‘ni—-‘ on multiple occasions.”

He also referred to a magistrate judge, who is also black, as a ‘####### negro magistrate.’ 

“At one point, Moore states, ‘she needed a bullet in her head right then and move on. Let’s move the body out of the way and keep going.’ Piner responds, ‘That’s what I have been trying to tell you,'” according to the documents. 

After more derogatory comments about the arrestee and the magistrate, the conversation takes an even bleaker turn, as the two officers discuss an upcoming ‘civil war.’ 

“Piner tells Moore later in the conversation that he feels a civil war is coming and he is ‘ready.’ Piner advised he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks. A short time later Officer Piner began to discuss society being close to ‘martial law’ and soon ‘we are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them ####### ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.’ Moore responded that he would not do that. Piner stated, ‘I am ready.'” according to the summary.

“Officer Piner then explained to Cpl. Moore that he felt society needed a civil war to ‘wipe ’em off the ####### map. That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations.'””
This is just disgusting. Now they need to go back over his previous arrests and see if anything fishy turns up. No way this guy was playing it straight.

This is just disgusting. Now they need to go back over his previous arrests and see if anything fishy turns up. No way this guy was playing it straight.
indeed.  If 3 people in the department talked openly to each other like this it makes you wonder how many more do.  Or if their bosses do, or if that leads to their policies of enforcement and profiling black people.  #systemic.   i'm sure a few posters in here will come defend them or something however. 

Users who are viewing this thread