What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre owners - What are you doing w/ him (1 Viewer)

Boomer1

Footballguy
I know the typical answer is going to be "if you can afford to wait, wait."

I suspect many like myself have sat on him since his injury and slowly sinking down the ranking. With that, are the owners who are sitting in the middle of the pack continuing to wait or have you moved him? If you traded him, what did you get?

I feel myself slowly sliding backwards, and need to move him before I've dug myself to deep a hole to recover from....

Well - I just made 2 trade offers to peddal him, can't continue to sit by and lose games.

Offered him and Maurice Morris to the Jahvist Best owner for Bowe

Offered him straight up for Cruz/Lloyd and M. Ryan.

We'll see but I'm not very comfortable about either offer but at this time it's about making the playoffs and Andre's not helping that out.

Fantasy football is such a funnyfrustrating thing. I actually have a team where I am doing much better SINCE he went out of my lineup, yet all I keep hoping for is his return.. :confused:

But, to answer the question, I think it is really simple at this point: You know he has a week 11 bye and you know it is a crap shoot whether he plays this week so I think everyone looking at AJ should be makig it really cut and dry and just say "yes, I take him/keep him" if I know I will be playing in the playoff weeks". Its really that simple because that is the only potential Real use we will get out of him at this point.

Teams that are going to make the playoffs and then get him back get a great boon; teams that are sliding out of contention probably have to give him up to get something that will help them get to the playoffs. And that's really the practical way to look at it anyway. Yes, it sucks to lose AJ but, in the end, the whole idea in fantasy is basically to make the playoffs and then play the crapshoot game that is. Even in a crapshoot, you MIGHT win, but if you don't make it, you won't be winning anything.

Teams that are going to make the playoffs and then get him back get a great boon; teams that are sliding out of contention probably have to give him up to get something that will help them get to the playoffs. And that's really the practical way to look at it anyway. Yes, it sucks to lose AJ but, in the end, the whole idea in fantasy is basically to make the playoffs and then play the crapshoot game that is. Even in a crapshoot, you MIGHT win, but if you don't make it, you won't be winning anything.
Yep, Pretty much sums it up for me. My offer was accepted, Andre and Mo Mo for Bowe. Feel I overpaid but didn't have other options.

Last edited by a moderator:
The AJ owner traded him for Mendenhal and Cruz in my league, after I wouldn't part with Gore and AJ Green for him.

I'll trade for him in any league I can afford to lose a couple games now in the hopes that he performs during the playoffs.

I was just offered AJ for DeMarco Murray (I'm stacked at RB, but a little thin at WR). With Murray looking like an All Pro (I know, very small sample size)and AJ most likely out through the bye week.....back for week 12. I think I'll turn down the trade, but only because I'd be pulling my hair out if Murray keeps it up and AJ keeps re-injuring that hammy. But, it's tempting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent a trade offer to the AJ owner in my league. It got rejected and he called me up on the phone and wanted to talk about "fair value." Then, I trounced him this week by about 50 points with AJ on his bench and I'm sitting at 8-1 in the league. Some guys just hang on to ADP. AJ's ADP no longer matters. No ones ADP matters at this point in the season. At this point, if you're near the money race and you can get some decent value ($.70 on the dollar for him), you have to sell him off to be competitive.

My league is not much for trades but I have AJ and keeping him. He is/was a beast at the start of the season and I am not gonnna give him away now.

Traded him for Hakeem Nicks in a dynasty standard scoring league.
That is a terrible trade...for the other owner. Why would anyone in their right mind trade a 30 year old WR for a 23 year old WR when they have basically the same elite talent and would be drafted nearly in the same spot in a re-draft league ?

Question because I don't want to insult the other owner

In a PPR, a guy with Gresham at TE has James Jones, Andre, Steve, and Jenkins at WR, with Helu, Mathews, and BJGE at RB. Would an offer of Hernandez, Manningham, and Starks/Felix be a fair offer? Too little/much? Also could include Laurent...

Own him in 3 leagues and I'm def going playoffs in two of those, maybe in the third, still have a shot.. I'm holdin.. He'll be back right when I need him.

I traded Johnson and McFadden away last Thursday, getting Blount and Jennings. That trade keeps looking better by the day, and I was ecstatic about it at the time (though trading my first two draft picks reeked of failure). The other owner was trying to hit a home run, clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread