What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amy's Baking Company: Must-See Meltdown (1 Viewer)

For those wondering about the authenticity of this, here is some more background. PHX blog announcing Gordon coming and recapping some of how this all started. http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2012/12/amys_baking_company_gordon_ramsay_kitchen_nightmares.php

The curious thing is that ABC actually posted the link to this on their FB page.

Either their delusions know no bounds, or maybe they might be playing into this thing on purpose.

And yes, I went to ABC's FB page. :bag:
Maybe they're going to turn it into a dinner theater.

They also promoted the KN episode on their FB page (in April) well after it was already shot and they knew how it ended.

Seems like they are wanting to keep this PR tailspin going. I wonder if they are getting a lot of business from people just want to see this trainwreck.

For those wondering about the authenticity of this, here is some more background. PHX blog announcing Gordon coming and recapping some of how this all started. http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2012/12/amys_baking_company_gordon_ramsay_kitchen_nightmares.php

The curious thing is that ABC actually posted the link to this on their FB page.

Either their delusions know no bounds, or maybe they might be playing into this thing on purpose.

That seems like it might be what's going on.

I wouldn't put it past Samy to sell a "I fought with Samy and Amy!!" t-shirt for about $60 dollars each.

And it might be working.

That buzzfeed article from yesterday showed 2854 FB likes. ABC is now up to 49,000+. Wow.

Obviously, it can't work long-term, but maybe Samy's trying out a cheap way to recoup some of his losses before they close the doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally finished watching. All you can say is wow. And I have no doubt that wasn't a put on. She is dead serious. You can see it in her crazy, delusional, bulging eyes. She thinks she is gods gift.

Phoenix Magazine gave it a rave review. I bet their food reviewer felt lika an ####### learning about the ravioli.

A.B.C. Amy’s Bakery
7366 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale
480-607-0677
amysbakingco.com

It may be difficult to get past the dessert case in this French fairyland bistro, shimmering with cakes, tarts and truffles adorned with edible flowers, buttercream frosting and gusts of glitter. But what really rocks for romance are Amy’s homemade lobster pasta pillows. First, there’s the provocative “pillows” name, adding a seductive note to respectable ravioli. Then, there’s the lobster, which is cradled in an orgy of seafood-ricotta stuffing, ladles of bisque-like lobster sauce glistening with cream and truffle butter and crowned with a whole baby lobster tail.

Lobster is a renowned aphrodisiac, tracing back to the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite, and celebrated by modern-day doctors for containing many of the nutrients necessary for peak sexual health. There’s low-fat protein to sustain those long nights of passion. There’s zinc and B-12, said to help stir sexual desire. Then – dare we be so naughty as to say it – there’s the very shape of the seafood, which is phallic in a funky kind of way. Chef/owner Amy Bouzaglo is a generous sort, too, so a single entrée is suitable for sharing, all the better for spooning with your sweetie.

So I finally finished watching. All you can say is wow. And I have no doubt that wasn't a put on. She is dead serious. You can see it in her crazy, delusional, bulging eyes. She thinks she is gods gift.
I think the crazy's real.My guess is Samy's pulling the strings here. They both thought Ramsay coming would help. When that didn't happen and they knew would air anyway, Samy decided to keep encouraging her to steer into the skid so they can get half of the stat of AZ to come through there once before he shuts it down.

And it might be working.That buzzfeed article from yesterday showed 2854 FB likes. ABC is now up to 49,000+. Wow.Obviously, it can't work long-term, but maybe Samy's trying out a cheap way to recoup some of his losses before they close the doors.
I'm pretty sure that a "like" there is more of a bookmark for the car crash, than an indication of positivity.

Phoenix Magazine gave it a rave review. I bet their food reviewer felt lika an ####### learning about the ravioli.

A.B.C. Amy’s Bakery

480-607-0677

amysbakingco.com

It may be difficult to get past the dessert case in this French fairyland bistro, shimmering with cakes, tarts and truffles adorned with edible flowers, buttercream frosting and gusts of glitter. But what really rocks for romance are Amy’s homemade lobster pasta pillows. First, there’s the provocative “pillows” name, adding a seductive note to respectable ravioli. Then, there’s the lobster, which is cradled in an orgy of seafood-ricotta stuffing, ladles of bisque-like lobster sauce glistening with cream and truffle butter and crowned with a whole baby lobster tail.

Lobster is a renowned aphrodisiac, tracing back to the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite, and celebrated by modern-day doctors for containing many of the nutrients necessary for peak sexual health. There’s low-fat protein to sustain those long nights of passion. There’s zinc and B-12, said to help stir sexual desire. Then – dare we be so naughty as to say it – there’s the very shape of the seafood, which is phallic in a funky kind of way. Chef/owner Amy Bouzaglo is a generous sort, too, so a single entrée is suitable for sharing, all the better for spooning with your sweetie.
She must have been in heat when she ate there.

A.B.C. Amy’s Bakery

480-607-0677

amysbakingco.com

NSFW

this review is from 2007? that seems too long ago.

16 bucks for a sandwhich?

Amy's Baking Co.Author: Nikki Buchanan
7366 E. Shea Blvd., Ste. 112, Scottsdale,
480-607-0677

I can’t guess what kind of rent Amy and Samy Bouzaglo are paying for their European-inspired café and patisserie in North Scottsdale, but it must be high. The Creole restaurant that occupied the space before them went down in flames for its nosebleed prices, and I worry that the same fate awaits ABC. The differences between that operation and this one are many, but people may take one look at Amy’s prices ($16 for a sandwich) and never bother to find out.

For one thing, this spotlessly clean place is really charming, thanks to black-and-white tiled floors, gilt-framed mirrors, gleaming black chandeliers and two brightly lit cases filled with absolutely gorgeous sweets – gold leaf-flecked chocolate truffles, powdered sugar-dusted fruit tarts, ornately decorated cakes and all manner of confections that sparkle with glitter. It’s a fairyland in there, too beautiful to be real.

But it’s real, and it’s really good – just really expensive. A small caramel tart, drizzled with chocolate, sells for $8.50. Now, if you consider that most upscale restaurant desserts start at $8 (and may not be all that memorable), Amy’s prices don’t seem out of line. But will people dropping in after a movie willingly spend 25 bucks on two desserts and a carafe of French press coffee?

To her credit, Amy doesn’t skimp on ingredients. A small beet salad dressed up with goat cheese, apples and candied walnuts is chock-full of goodies ($10). A delicious turkey sandwich on grilled raisin-pecan bread, piled high with roasted turkey, creamy mascarpone, cranberry chutney and dried cherries, is actually two small but filling sandwiches instead of one ($16). The Artisan Tart, composed of wonderfully flaky puff pastry, apples, pears, walnuts, fruit preserves and softened brie, is yummy too, but $15 seems high. I feel the same about almost everything: spicy Pasta Rustica (penne with shredded chicken, andouille, sweet red pepper marmalade and white wine reduction, $17), Croque Monsieur (a French ham and Gruyere cheese sandwich, drenched in Mornay sauce, $17) and a brick-size slab of outrageous chocolate cake ($12). It’s all very good, but who spends $80 on a café lunch?

Something’s gotta give or ABC may be 23 skiddoo.

Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday.

And it might be working.That buzzfeed article from yesterday showed 2854 FB likes. ABC is now up to 49,000+. Wow.Obviously, it can't work long-term, but maybe Samy's trying out a cheap way to recoup some of his losses before they close the doors.
I'm pretty sure that a "like" there is more of a bookmark for the car crash, than an indication of positivity.
Oh, I know, but clearly the curiosity for this place is growing like crazy.If just a tiny fraction of the locals come out of curiosity to see this trainwreck, that might be a nice short-term windfall for them. Or at least maybe that's what Samy might be thinking.Anyway, I'm just guessing. As ludicrous as that sounds, it still might be more logical than the alternative explanation (that they are truly this dumb and crazy).

A "Hand Cash Tip Directly To Servers" campaign would be great. Just wait for the Samy explosion as he watches patrons hand cash tips directly to the servers that he cannot take away.

A "Hand Cash Tip Directly To Servers" campaign would be great. Just wait for the Samy explosion as he watches patrons hand cash tips directly to the servers that he cannot take away.
I imagine that stealing the tips from both customers (who you bet often overtip servers because they feel bad for them) and servers is a violation of some law or local code. wheres a Zowna lawyer when you need one?

I watched this OnDemand last night, and it truly was a display of two of the craziest people I've ever seen featured on a television show (and that is saying a lot).
Craziest people I have seen on TV since that Marguerite "God-Warrior" on Trading Spouses a couple of years ago...

I imagine that stealing the tips from both customers (who you bet often overtip servers because they feel bad for them) and servers is a violation of some law or local code. wheres a Zowna lawyer when you need one?
I doubt they are doing anything illegal. They are just paying them hourly instead of as tipped employees.But I agree that it's wrong to let customers believe the tips go to employees when they do not.

HS. I clicked on that first link to just watch a couple of minutes . . . and I can't stop watching.

Wow.

Is there anyway this disaster will help Samy with his upcoming alimony settlement?

He met her and married her about 10 years ago, right? I'm sure, back then, she was fairly hot little number. Then a few years passed, she started showing some wear and tear, and she wasn't hot enough to justify it anymore. Be he was rich and she'd take him for a ride.

So, maybe he gave her the cash to start this while he started hiding money in the Caymans. Now, he's broke on paper, so he should be able to skate off to go find another trophy wife, right?

Just spitballin' here.

She had the dumb and crazy eyes, but you could tell Samy's got something more in the works.

I watched the episode and dismissed it as fake and 100% staged because these people were so far gone.
Same here (of course, that's my standard view on most of these kind of shows), for the same reason plus Ramsay was totally :pokey: the whole time.
Yeah Ramsey is always that way in this show. In the Brit version it is dialed back a bit but he is still fairly confrontational.
I am thinking he was really dialed back in this particular episode. He didn't do much of anything other than get in the dude's face about taking the tips. That place was oozing crazy.

I watched the episode and dismissed it as fake and 100% staged because these people were so far gone.
I don't know about that. I know a couple of women just like that. Can't tell them anything without them getting upset. She has self esteem issues and her lashing out at people is a simple defense mechanism that reflects the heat off of her. In short, she's crazy.
Should be made clear....that was my reaction while watching the show. I then went to the net to see if it were real. I just can't fathom that kind of display without some sort of other validation. I don't question that it's real now though.

Aha, I've got it.

He needs to get out of this, as she's now getting disgustingly old, so he's setting this up to look like a suicide or, maybe even a "hater", doing the deed. The whole country is now a witness in some way to her meltdown.

She's delusional and can't take criticism. He ushered her into to restaurant business and pointed her towards Yelp, Facebook, and Gordon Ramsay.

That Samy's a sly one. True gangsta.

As someone who lived for a short time with a woman with bipolar disorder who refused to take medicine for it....................she aint fakin. :tinfoilhat:

Same here (of course, that's my standard view on most of these kind of shows), for the same reason plus Ramsay was totally :pokey: the whole time.
Yeah Ramsey is always that way in this show. In the Brit version it is dialed back a bit but he is still fairly confrontational.
I am thinking he was really dialed back in this particular episode. He didn't do much of anything other than get in the dude's face about taking the tips. That place was oozing crazy.
Yeah that is the least confrontational I've seen him. He usually won't let them get away with much. I have seen him run chefs out of kitchens before over less. I think he wrote these folks off early on and just got enough to do an episode.

I could see them spinning this into some sort of crazy self-abuse dining experience like ****'s Last Resort. Seems like their only shot at this point.

I would expect they won't see many tips from here on out though. I certainly wouldn't tip.

Oddly ... I always thought Ramsay was more of a hard-arsze on the British version.

He has several British shows, though. On most of them, he's pretty classy (if decidely non-posh).

That woman is a person who was never told "no" growing up. I'm sure her parents just let her walk all over them. Imagine her as a teenager.

I love how she has the insane eyes and everything

Oddly ... I always thought Ramsay was more of a hard-arsze on the British version.

He has several British shows, though. On most of them, he's pretty classy (if decidely non-posh).
He's tough but not as dramatic IMO. In fact the Brit version in general is far more about the business side than the drama side.

I liked how she kept making references about "God's plan" and "God being on her side" as she was berating, insulting, and screaming at customers. Her self-serving religiosity was the icing on her full-blown crazy cake.

Users who are viewing this thread