What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon If You Order by x hours difficulties and recourse (1 Viewer)

There are disclaimers all over their website and in anything that was electronically signed when you signed up. Delivery delays are inherent to online shopping and should be expected.

If you’re too lazy to get off your *** to go buy something from a physical retail store then deal with consequences.

Don’t go threatening to sue. We are lazy and entitled. It’s disgusting.
I agree that threatening to sue is over the top. But so is questioning what other people should be frustrated by.

I honestly don’t know what you guys are ordering to have 3-5 days before something is shipped and 5-7 days shipping for most of your stuff. I got a same day order last night, which my son ordered for himself (soap). I’ve had some things come after 2 days but it’s rare and it’s for things that have a long lead time and a week or two window. I have one particular shampoo for a different son (I know) that had a long lead time of 12/14 and now it says it will be 12/10. For stuff not in their warehouses, I don’t expect 2 days but I rarely order stuff like that. Most stuff I get is same day to two days and almost always on time and we order a lot from Amazon.
Speaking for myself, it has nothing to do with what I'm ordering but instead where I'm located. I'm in upstate NY - not exactly metropolitan but within a few hours drive of big cities and less than an hour to some smaller ones like Syracuse. Anything I look up right now shows about 6 days. For example, a pack of Amazon Basics AA batteries - free Prime delivery Tues Dec. 13 (if I order in the next 11 hrs 18 min).
If I change the address to my daughter's in eastern PA, the date changes to Thurs Dec 8.

I get that it makes sense I can't get the next day option, and I even get that 2 day is tough now even though they always did a great job of that in the past. What I find frustrating is that they can get the batteries out the door and to my daughter in less than 24 hours but it would take 4 days just to show as out the door shipped to me before their "2 day shipping" even takes effect. I could get them faster by sending them to my daughter and having her mail them to me by regular old first class (though obviously not free shipping then).

But again, at least they show me the six day delivery time up front before I order.

I honestly don’t know what you guys are ordering to have 3-5 days before something is shipped and 5-7 days shipping for most of your stuff. I got a same day order last night, which my son ordered for himself (soap). I’ve had some things come after 2 days but it’s rare and it’s for things that have a long lead time and a week or two window. I have one particular shampoo for a different son (I know) that had a long lead time of 12/14 and now it says it will be 12/10. For stuff not in their warehouses, I don’t expect 2 days but I rarely order stuff like that. Most stuff I get is same day to two days and almost always on time and we order a lot from Amazon.
Speaking for myself, it has nothing to do with what I'm ordering but instead where I'm located. I'm in upstate NY - not exactly metropolitan but within a few hours drive of big cities and less than an hour to some smaller ones like Syracuse. Anything I look up right now shows about 6 days. For example, a pack of Amazon Basics AA batteries - free Prime delivery Tues Dec. 13 (if I order in the next 11 hrs 18 min).
If I change the address to my daughter's in eastern PA, the date changes to Thurs Dec 8.

I get that it makes sense I can't get the next day option, and I even get that 2 day is tough now even though they always did a great job of that in the past. What I find frustrating is that they can get the batteries out the door and to my daughter in less than 24 hours but it would take 4 days just to show as out the door shipped to me before their "2 day shipping" even takes effect. I could get them faster by sending them to my daughter and having her mail them to me by regular old first class (though obviously not free shipping then).

But again, at least they show me the six day delivery time up front before I order.
Damn, that sucks. I just checked and I can get Amazon AA batteries from 5-10pm tonight. Personally, I get my batteries at Costco, but Amazon is wonderful here.

Amazon or any delivery type business that doesn’t have a physical location close to you is going to have a tough time getting things to you in any type of speed. The cost would be too much. Amazon spent probably way too much expanding their delivery capabilities but in the new stock bear market they are going to worry about profitability and I’m sure the worry is the 80% of Americans living in Urban areas who likely spend more than Rural areas as well.

Last edited:

That's strange. I'm about an hour south of Syracuse, and anything I pull up with Prime is giving me a Saturday Dec 10th delivery.

That's strange. I'm about an hour south of Syracuse, and anything I pull up with Prime is giving me a Saturday Dec 10th delivery.
Ugh... I didn't even think to try out addresses closer to me until seeing this. I tried changing my shipping address to a couple different places 30 minutes or less away from me. I got as close as a town 15 minutes away from me where the delivery date right now shows as Sat Dec 10th while my address shows as Wed Dec 14th. Wtf???

Ugh... I didn't even think to try out addresses closer to me until seeing this. I tried changing my shipping address to a couple different places 30 minutes or less away from me. I got as close as a town 15 minutes away from me where the delivery date right now shows as Sat Dec 10th while my address shows as Wed Dec 14th. Wtf???
Fwiw, when we order from Amazon it usually is delivered before the promised date. We live in a rural area, and don’t have prime

Yeah, I ordered a couple of things two days ago. Got the same Dec 10th delivery date. Normally my prime stuff, especially what I ordered, would have been here by today at the latest.

I'm guessing holiday order delays. No biggie for me.

Yeah, I ordered a couple of things two days ago. Got the same Dec 10th delivery date. Normally my prime stuff, especially what I ordered, would have been here by today at the latest.

I'm guessing holiday order delays. No biggie for me.
Yeah, the date I was getting seemed normal to me for Prime. Just strange that jhib, who lives 45 mins away from me, was seeing dates 4 days later than I was.

A little off topic, but maybe related... If you tell one of your echo devices "Alexa, Thank My Driver" your most recent delivery driver will get an extra $5 for however many deliveries they've allocated for this. I saw that this morning somewhere and tried it with my bedroom echo. Alexa was like "Thank you, We will give the driver an extra $5 to show your appreciation during this holiday season" or something like that.

Just in case you want to thank the driver for being late.

A little off topic, but maybe related... If you tell one of your echo devices "Alexa, Thank My Driver" your most recent delivery driver will get an extra $5 for however many deliveries they've allocated for this. I saw that this morning somewhere and tried it with my bedroom echo. Alexa was like "Thank you, We will give the driver an extra $5 to show your appreciation during this holiday season" or something like that.

Just in case you want to thank the driver for being late.
saw this a week or so ago, then yesterday saw an article somewhere saying that those tips aren't actually going to the drivers

Usually on time for me. Though sometimes it can be later in the evening so I don't see it until the next day.

About 25% of the time they don't leave the package where I request but it's not the end of the world.

I can't remember the last time something was late and I order hundreds of items a year. So strange seeing the issues some are having.

Same here.(wife orders stuff almost daily)

I personally no longer use Amazon unless absolutely necessary. I know it won’t make an impact but I just can’t support one company like that.

Finally back to 2 day shipping dates for me these days for most things. But I'm definitely out of the habit of buying a lot on there after months of crappy delivery times.

For those of you wondering about delays. A lot of it could be from lack of warehouse pickers and receivers. Not shipping.
If Amazon's work force was at 100% that next day/2 day shipping would not be an issue.

Not a lot of people want to pee in a bottle to make their quota-that not just their drivers, but warehouse too.

Users who are viewing this thread