What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Allen Robinson (1 Viewer)

Nothing but that CCC2 cracks me up.

:lmao:

I mean, are you looking at Allen Robinson for what and in what league?

That question tells you all you need to know. He's average, or below it. His team is average, or below it. He could be great. He could suck. He stunk against the Giants in preseason game #2. He looked stiff, awful, and will potentially score you 14.50 points in your fantasy game. He's not Antonio Brown, 2011, okay? Nobody is, unless you saw that #### and Charlie Batch cost you a championship.

But he's not quite good yet. Is that the response you want?

Goldarn, Bortles looks good. He's just...not bad.

Just trying to start a discussion. Maybe someone has a bit of insight they wanted to share. Nevermind, I'll just take it to other forums.

Rockaction is a lunatic.

Anyway, i don't know why people were so high on Robinson. It's like that forgot who was throwing him the ball.

Rockaction is a lunatic.

Anyway, i don't know why people were so high on Robinson. It's like that forgot who was throwing him the ball.
Yeah, I definitely bit and thought he could be a decent WR3 with Bortles' improved play. That was a but disappointing against (I thought) a reeling Panthers secondary.

6 targets was encouraging, however.

Robinson is still one of the more athletic and physically imposing WRs in the league. Yes Bortles might not be a elite QB but he can get it there. Lots of WRs have had nice fantasy seasons despite mediocre QBs. I would buy low on Robinson right now if I didn't already own him everywhere.

I'm done with him, if I get burned so be it, but this was my fault for drafting any jax players..
I drafted Yeldon. I think the Jags defense is good enough to keep them in games, and he will be an asset at some point.
I think Yeldon played well in his rookie debut, and Bortles played well for most of the game. Allen Robinson had a couple bad drops, but he was also blanketed by the Panthers D. It's jumping the gun to throw in the towel on Robinson based on the first game of the season. Julius Thomas will be back soon, and that should help open things up. That rookie WR Rashad Green did a nice job for the Jags yesterday. It's too early to give up on players after one game.

There was a play at the 3 or so, perfect time to loft it up for Robinson to snag on a fade and Bortles throws a line drive square into the DBs back. Just a ghastly throw with absolutely no touch. Unfortunately, Robinson's value is tied directly to Bortles and I don't like what I see from QB1 so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
he was shadowed by an amazing corner named norman who played great and shut him down. no need to panic yet.

It's week one. He was up against a stud corner. Julius Thomas will be back. Im holding for now. This team has weapons and should improve on offense as the year goes on.

Rockaction is a lunatic.

Hopkins had a pretty nice day yesterday and look at his QB? How about Mike Evan's rookie season last year? There are plenty of examples of WR's doing well with a less than stellar QB. I wouldn't want these kind of guys as my WR1 but I'll take them as my 2.

Rockaction is a lunatic.

I am a lunatic, but the original thread title kind of led me and CCC2 to hang dry a bit.

Robinson is wildly overrated by staff, IMO, football-wise. He still could be a quality fantasy guy. That was my point. But he seems to be lacking in skill, unlike Antonio Brown, who forced himself upon the scene in 2011, only to be undone by Charlie Batch in Wks 15 and 16 that year. That was my point.

Sorry, shady, I was a bit under the weather this morning.

I'm done with him, if I get burned so be it, but this was my fault for drafting any jax players..
I drafted Yeldon. I think the Jags defense is good enough to keep them in games, and he will be an asset at some point.
I think Yeldon played well in his rookie debut, and Bortles played well for most of the game. Allen Robinson had a couple bad drops, but he was also blanketed by the Panthers D. It's jumping the gun to throw in the towel on Robinson based on the first game of the season. Julius Thomas will be back soon, and that should help open things up. That rookie WR Rashad Green did a nice job for the Jags yesterday. It's too early to give up on players after one game.
I didn't watch the game, but his numbers were horrible. Did he look better than the numbers indicate?

7 catches for 28 yards on 13 targets. That's really really bad.

I didn't watch the game, but his numbers were horrible. Did he look better than the numbers indicate?

Those are some Jarvis Landry numbers right there.

[/

From what I have seen of him, that'll be about right. But volume can make fantasy, I guess. That's the dig, right?

Josh Norman is an elite shutdown corner that simply doesn't get the credit for it. He's been shutting down top level WRs for a while now.

Yesterday Allen Robinson was 1/27 on six targets.

Yesterday Josh Norman had 5 tackles, 3 pass defenses, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and an interception (turned into a pick six).

Robinson just went up against a monster. Better days will be ahead. I'd be using this as a chance to target him.

Josh Norman is an elite shutdown corner that simply doesn't get the credit for it. He's been shutting down top level WRs for a while now.

Yesterday Josh Norman had 5 tackles, 3 pass defenses, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and an interception (turned into a pick six).

Robinson just went up against a monster. Better days will be ahead. I'd be using this as a chance to target him.
Exactly.

Carolina CB Josh Norman is one of the best cornerbacks in the league today.

Projected to break-out this season, ranked 2nd in 'leading role cornerbacks in the league, the guy is bona fide.

--------------------------

http://www.fakepigskin.com/2015/08/14/young-panthers-prowl-norman-benwikere-idp-breakouts-2015/

Young Panthers on the Prowl, Norman and Benwikere IDP Breakouts 2015

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/worst-cb-charting-stats-and-more-best

"Leading Role" corners are ranked below out of the 32 No. 1 cornerbacks. "Supporting Role" corners are ranked out of the 45 other cornerbacks who had at least 50 charted targets and eight games started.

Best Cornerbacks in Leading and Supporting Roles--------------------------

Add, cut-and-paste from the 'BUM of the week thread'.

--------------------------

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/732869-bums-of-the-week/#entry18359016

Two things could have played a part in A-Rob's low production.

1. Blake was under a lot of pressure.

Matt Harmon@MattHarmon_BYB 7h7 hours ago

Bortles can't do anything back there. Under duress constantly.

2. He headed to the locker room early in the game but returned.

Evan Tarracciano@Roto_Wizard 8h8 hours ago

::BREAKING:: Allen Robinson is heading into the locker room to get checked out. Not good. #Jaguars

Ryan O'Halloran@ryanohalloran 8h8 hours ago

A-Rob back in game.

================

There was a play at the 3 or so, perfect time to loft it up for Robinson to snag on a fade and Bortles throws a line drive square into the DBs back. Just a ghastly throw with absolutely no touch. Unfortunately, Robinson's value is tied directly to Bortles and I don't like what I see from QB1 so far.
yep I remember that clearly. He didn't loft it up or let the guy go get it threw it straight at the DBs back who was in front of AROB. I was a litle disappointed myself as I watched my opponents wrs/tes rack up points and Robinston stay at 3 all day. Like poster before said don't pull trigger to let go yet just week 1. Improvement would be great though 7-70 next game ??

Debating on buying low but I wonder if Bortles will have any time to throw this year. I streamed CARs defense essentially everywhere on Sunday and they were a sack machine (5 sacks). This was with Keuckly leaving mid game with a concussion. :shrug:

Problem is he faces another elite CB 2 more times at least. V. Davis.

I cut bait in a very short bench league for Eifert (no TE required), but am holding in others. He's still developing and will be inconsistent this year. I think the talent is there but the O-line isn't great, Bortles isn't great, Hurns is reliable, JT/Lee coming back soon as well. I think right now he's a spot start guy; depending on matchup and health of Jax in general. I'd expect a lot of 3-20 type games mixed in with some 6-90-1 types; like plenty of other receivers in his 'tier'.

I didnt like what I saw in preseason game 3 from A rob, Hurns also looked better in that game and in this game, but I still took him, and took him a little high, so I am annoyed at myself and then i started him leaving Stevie johnson on the bench.. oh well.. I am annoyed at myself more than a robinson

i could use some homers to talk me out of dropping him for a flyer or two.. if the talent is really there, but right now I feel like cutting bait to just start fresh in week 2 with his slot...

I didnt like what I saw in preseason game 3 from A rob, Hurns also looked better in that game and in this game, but I still took him, and took him a little high, so I am annoyed at myself and then i started him leaving Stevie johnson on the bench.. oh well.. I am annoyed at myself more than a robinson

i could use some homers to talk me out of dropping him for a flyer or two.. if the talent is really there, but right now I feel like cutting bait to just start fresh in week 2 with his slot...
yea I was looking at Johnson and didn't pull trigger, im kicking myself now. Arob looks very raw and doesn't look like consistent producer. I hope he can drastically get better in a week LOL

[/

From what I have seen of him, that'll be about right. But volume can make fantasy, I guess. That's the dig, right?
R.Greene was reported as having a back contusion after the game.....something to watch in light of Robinson getting more targets next week

Users who are viewing this thread