What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Allen is out, who gets the extra work? (1 Viewer)

I promise you this: if Inman goes off, I'll be in here rubbing your faces in it, and if not, I'll disappear like a fart in the wind.

As a Panther homer watching Brown and Funchess squandering their opportunity this season, I agree that we need to evaluate Inman's skills more. I feel totally in the dark on him due to a small sample size.
Yeah, very disappointed in Funchess. Good point about how a real life team should be using the opportunity to see what is there or not. Would be ideal for Inman, Green, etc. Chargers have nothing to lose.
The problem is that a real life team isn't a monolithic or homogeneous entity. The owner may want one thing, but the GM may want something else, but the coaching staff may want something different, and then there's the players' agendas as well.

The number of people in the organization that are willing to roll with Inman and ignore the impact it could have in the win column just so they know what they have for next year could be just 2 or 3 people. And one of them would be Inman. The other(s) would be someone with enough job security that they think piling up more losses poses no risk to them. Who on a team, other than maybe a first year GM who is coming in to blow things up and rebuild, has that kind of job security? These guys have to think about their families and keeping the mortgage paid up and their career W-L numbers when they interview for the next job they'll want/need. They aren't looking at it through the same prism that we do.

The players and the coaching staff do NOT want to lose if they can help it. No one is going to give them a pass and ignore the losses on their resume. Really, about the only person who can afford to say "screw it, let see what the kid has even if it costs us games" is the owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting quote from Rivers the other day: ""Malcom is Malcom," Rivers said, via ESPN.com. "What he's good at, and what he's done over the last 12 years is who he is. So I don't think we'll ask him to do too many different things out of his comfort zone."

Floyd has never been a big target guy, and with Green out, Inman is starting to seem more interesting. Presumably, Gates and Stevie will get most of the targets, but there does seem to be room for Inman to produce the way Rivers is slinging it. And let's face it, neither Gates, Stevie or Floyd are the bastions of health, so this could create more opportunities for Inman down the road.

Lmao who is going to get burned by Floyd again? Every year he gets hype one way or another and every year he is flaming wreckage shortly after getting any opportunity.

I know everyone wants the free agent who will make them rich at a cheap cost but trading for Gates at whatever price might be the right move.

Chargers close weeks 14-16 @KC, vs MIA, @ Oak.

As a Panther homer watching Brown and Funchess squandering their opportunity this season, I agree that we need to evaluate Inman's skills more. I feel totally in the dark on him due to a small sample size.
Yeah, very disappointed in Funchess. Good point about how a real life team should be using the opportunity to see what is there or not. Would be ideal for Inman, Green, etc. Chargers have nothing to lose.
The problem is that a real life team isn't a monolithic or homogeneous entity. The owner may want one thing, but the GM may want something else, but the coaching staff may want something different, and then there's the players' agendas as well.

The number of people in the organization that are willing to roll with Inman and ignore the impact it could have in the win column just so they know what they have for next year could be just 2 or 3 people. And one of them would be Inman. The other(s) would be someone with enough job security that they think piling up more losses poses no risk to them. Who on a team, other than maybe a first year GM who is coming in to blow things up and rebuild, has that kind of job security? These guys have to think about their families and keeping the mortgage paid up and their career W-L numbers when they interview for the next job they'll want/need. They aren't looking at it through the same prism that we do.

The players and the coaching staff do NOT want to lose if they can help it. No one is going to give them a pass and ignore the losses on their resume. Really, about the only person who can afford to say "screw it, let see what the kid has even if it costs us games" is the owner.
Well said.

Guy that wasted his waiver spot for Inman just dropped him to pick up Ajayi. So I grabbed Inman for free. Only going to start him if Ryan Mathews can't play tonight.

There's your Inman opportunity, feel awful for Floyd though. Might be the end for him.
I feel like that's the story of his career. Whenever he seemed poised to breakout, he got hurt. Too bad. That said, excited for Inman. Matt Harmon says the kid can ball so that's enough endorsement for me.

I think Stevie is a trade target. He missed a TD at the 4 yard line but he almost slipped the tackle. Of course he helped lose the game by stupidly spiking the ball. But Gates didn't do much. Inman hurt his cause and Floyd just got hurt.

I think Stevie is a trade target. He missed a TD at the 4 yard line but he almost slipped the tackle. Of course he helped lose the game by stupidly spiking the ball. But Gates didn't do much. Inman hurt his cause and Floyd just got hurt.
Agree. Pretty good schedule except week 13 (DEN). Stevie's meh numbers last night plus the bye might make him expendable to someone. Buy today. Price will go up if Floyd hits IR.

Supposedly, Floyd may not miss any time. Not sure if that means much. Probably even too early to know what is going to happen with Floyd.

Inman may just become FF relevant. Gates looks brittle.

For the record, I do not own Inman and have no intention of picking him up. At least not yet. If Floyd is out, Inman should be added to the bench.

Gates had a TD called back, brittle and old, he is still high quality effective.

Woodhead is a huge factor in this offense now.

Inman is not good at all.

Stevie is the WR to own.

Supposedly, Floyd may not miss any time. Not sure if that means much. Probably even too early to know what is going to happen with Floyd.

For the record, I do not own Inman and have no intention of picking him up. At least not yet. If Floyd is out, Inman should be added to the bench.
I agree that Inman may be still be relevant despite the awful game. The Chargers need him given their lack of WR depth and they will at least have the bye to work out any issues.

If nothing else, I am sure no one in my league is rushing to pick Inman up so i can wait another week.

I agree that Inman may be still be relevant despite the awful game. The Chargers need him given their lack of WR depth and they will at least have the bye to work out any issues.

If nothing else, I am sure no one in my league is rushing to pick Inman up so i can wait another week.
Inman played poorly yesterday but has played well with other opportunities in the past. They have no one else, so he will continue to get opportunities.

The Union-Tribune San Diego's Michael Gehlken reports Malcom Floyd (shoulder) suffered a torn labrum in Monday night's Week 9 loss to the Bears

Users who are viewing this thread