What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alfred Blue Vs Jonathan Grimes (1 Viewer)

ldizzle

Footballguy
I thought there was a thread on this but i searched and couldnt find anything. So far through 2 games they have almost the same amount of snaps played 15/14. If Foster were to go down who would you pick up and why?

You're my boy, Blue!
Jonathan Grimes - RB - Texans

Texans RB Jonathan Grimes rushed three times for nine yards in Sunday's Week 2 win over the Raiders.

Rookie Alfred Blue had 11 carries, which suggests Grimes may have fallen behind the sixth-rounder on Houston's depth chart. No longer a clear handcuff for Arian Foster, Grimes' fantasy value is now in serious question.
Alfred Blue - RB - Texans

Texans rookie Alfred Blue rushed 11 times for 40 yards in Houston's Week 2 win over the Raiders.

It's notable that Blue ran ahead of Jonathan Grimes, who managed nine yards on three carries. Blue is the player the Texans have more invested in as a 2014 sixth-round pick, and it's conceivable he's now moved ahead of Grimes on the depth chart. The backfield pecking order is worth monitoring because Arian Foster's body seems unlikely to hold up on his current workloads. He's on pace for a ridiculous 440 rushing attempts through two weeks.

I'm a Foster owner in a 14-team and I just picked him up. I also lost AP…so that didn't help my RB situation.

Anyone grabbing Blue in deep leagues?
I drafted Blue late in almost every one of my rookie drafts. Nolan Nawrocki had him as his #14 overall RB. A scout in Nolan's NFL Draft guide compared his build and running style to Peterson. That was enough for me.

RBBC and wouldnt be surprised to see Ronnie Brown handle 3rd downs. Blue is the one Id rather play if I had to but I imagine theyd mix and match...just my opinion

RBBC and wouldnt be surprised to see Ronnie Brown handle 3rd downs. Blue is the one Id rather play if I had to but I imagine theyd mix and match...just my opinion
Ian Rappaport on NFL Network just said Foster is likely to sit today and he thinks it'd be a committee of Alfred Blue and Ronnie Brown.
Really it's anyone's guess. Blue is the best bet for 10+ carries though if youre in a pinch

Ian Rappaport on NFL Network just said Foster is likely to sit today and he thinks it'd be a committee of Alfred Blue and Ronnie Brown.
Really it's anyone's guess. Blue is the best bet for 10+ carries though if youre in a pinch
Appearing on GameDay First, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Arian Foster (hamstring) is a "long shot" to play against the Giants on Sunday.
It appears Foster's league-high 55 carries have already caught up to him. As a 28-year-old workhorse with past hamstring issues, Foster simply can't hold up to this insane workload. It's likely to be the Alfred Blue show this week against the G-Men, with Ronnie Brown mixing in on passing downs. Blue has some RB2/FLEX appeal in this run-heavy offense. The Giants are missing MLB Jon Beason. Sep 21 - 8:42 AM

Seems strange to say but this is a case where you need Eli to suck the place up. If the Texans can get a lead Blue should get a nice amount of work even if they mix in Grimes/Brown. If the Texans get behind it could be a jumbled mess; although Blue isnt a bad receiver I expect Brown to be in a lot when we are in passing situations.

Guys, I just picked Blue off our waivers. I'll come back later to report on point totals. I think he is a starter today.

From an LSU homer perspective:

Blue is insanely talented. He is also always getting nicked up just enough to have to leave a game.

Blue for this week, but I don't trust him beyond a week or two. Sell high if he has a good game, the real value will be Grimes if he goes down, too.

Blue is insanely talented. He is also always getting nicked up just enough to have to leave a game.

Blue for this week, but I don't trust him beyond a week or two. Sell high if he has a good game, the real value will be Grimes if he goes down, too.
Didn't know there was any real injury concern with him. Looks like "nicked up" is appropriate for 2010-11 as foot injuries caused him to miss a game or two each year but in 2012 he tore his ACL. Something to keep in mind moving forward.

Now I am for sure playing him at rb1. I AM SO FRIKKING PUMPED!!!!! :pickle:

Didn't know there was any real injury concern with him. Looks like "nicked up" is appropriate for 2010-11 as foot injuries caused him to miss a game or two each year but in 2012 he tore his ACL. Something to keep in mind moving forward.
He never had more than 80 rushing attempts for a season at LSU for a reason.

Real good info here. I am another huge LSU homer and I love Blue but he was never able to really stay on the field consistently for LSU. I would love it if he could and I think he could be very productive, but he has to prove it.

Remember the Rainey Trainey... :tfp:
At least he's free if you pick him up right now, as opposed to Rainey who likely cost a waiver wire priority or blind bid $$.

I'd pick him up if he's available, but wouldn't start him unless Foster was your ONLY other option. Let it play out and see how he looks this week. Then the next time Foster misses a game (bound to be soon), you'll know what you have

Real good info here. I am another huge LSU homer and I love Blue but he was never able to really stay on the field consistently for LSU. I would love it if he could and I think he could be very productive, but he has to prove it.
I'm starting him in a league where I have Foster, Martin, and Ingram - but I have no belief that he's going to be reliable for more than 1 week, and I think there's a 25% chance he leaves the game before the 4th quarter.

So you're telling me he has fresh legs?

Choooooo chooooooo!

So you're telling me he has fresh legs?

Choooooo chooooooo!
Very, except for his history of foot and knee injuries.

Blue vs Chris Johnson....

Gotta go Blue, the Texans have always gone with one back. When Foster was hurt it was all Ben Tate right?

Another LSU homer here...

Blue has certainly had his share of injuries, but he has also has some excellent skills that should translate to NFL production. Excellent vision and good acceleration through cuts. He didn't play much last year after his ACL injury; Jeremy Hill took the job in 2012 and never let go. Now that Blue is 2 years removed from the ACL repair, he is likely ready to show his talent.

I'm starting him this week with Charles a 50/50 and Foster out. Down to Joique and Blue (Gerhart isn't seeing my lineup yet). I also have Damien Williams as a lottery ticket, but I see Blue as a higher floor/ceiling this week.

I hope people do not have to rely on any part of this mess as a starting RB this week.
Unfortunately we do. Peterson, Foster, Ingram, ouch.

This is the reason for handcuffing even when you don't particularly expect the backup to erupt. At least you are guaranteed having a guy who is going to start in a week you might really need him.

Crossing my fingers for Blue, but I think we'll see a big mix of Grimes and Blue.

13 for 78 and a catch for another 10. I couldn't watch the game. Did he look like a 6 yds a carry back?

Users who are viewing this thread