What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AL WILD CARD RACE (1 Viewer)

ThisGuy

Ignored by Nipsey
Will the Red Sox be able to hold off the Tigers? Can the A's and the Twins make a serious run at it? Tons of drama setting up in the better ot the 2 leagues. :yes:

Will the Red Sox be able to hold off the Tigers? Can the A's and the Twins make a serious run at it? Tons of drama setting up in the better ot the 2 leagues. :rant:
:lmao: This is good shtick!!!!WC has NY written all over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the Red Sox be able to hold off the Tigers? Can the A's and the Twins make a serious run at it? Tons of drama setting up in the better ot the 2 leagues. :goodposting:
I don't think that the current Sox have enough to hold of the Tigers. Maybe if they get some help on offense....but not right now.

Will the Red Sox be able to hold off the Tigers? Can the A's and the Twins make a serious run at it? Tons of drama setting up in the better ot the 2 leagues. :goodposting:
I don't think that the current Sox have enough to hold of the Tigers. Maybe if they get some help on offense....but not right now.
And what happens when the injury bug bites them?
Good point...... there are rumors that Shrek, Man-RAM and Papeblown are all nicked up. You know Nancy Drew and Beckett are going to get hit sooner or later. Lowell historically tails off after the All Star break. This team could be in trouble.....although I think they are going to make a pretty big move....along the lines of Helton, Tex or Cabrera.

Will the Red Sox be able to hold off the Tigers? Can the A's and the Twins make a serious run at it? Tons of drama setting up in the better ot the 2 leagues. :yawn:
And what happens when the injury bug bites them?
Good point...... there are rumors that Shrek, Man-RAM and Papeblown are all nicked up. You know Nancy Drew and Beckett are going to get hit sooner or later. Lowell historically tails off after the All Star break. This team could be in trouble.....although I think they are going to make a pretty big move....along the lines of Helton, Tex or Cabrera.
Tex and Cabrera are going to cost A LOT. Helton will take them out of their "budget" ( :confused: )

Yankee fans are starting to get annoying. Please go back to losing and also realize that most people start taking about playoff races in mid July, not mid June.*

*If this thread is to anger Red Sux fans, disregard my above statement.

Yankee fans are starting to get annoying. Please go back to losing and also realize that most people start taking about playoff races in mid July, not mid June.*

*If this thread is to anger Red Sux fans, disregard my above statement.
You know me better than this. :yucky:

Yankee fans are starting to get annoying. Please go back to losing and also realize that most people start taking about playoff races in mid July, not mid June.* *If this thread is to anger Red Sux fans, disregard my above statement.
Take it easy big guy.....we're on your side. We want you to beat the Sox for the WC.....and then lose to us in the playoffs.

Yankee fans are starting to get annoying. Please go back to losing and also realize that most people start taking about playoff races in mid July, not mid June.* *If this thread is to anger Red Sux fans, disregard my above statement.
Take it easy big guy.....we're on your side. We want you to beat the Sox for the WC.....and then lose to us in the playoffs.
I honestly don't believe it's possible for the Tigers to lose a seven game series to the Yankees. What to do now?

I honestly don't believe it's possible for the Tigers to lose a seven game series to the Yankees.
Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :confused:Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.

I honestly don't believe it's possible for the Tigers to lose a seven game series to the Yankees.
Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :lmao:Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
:confused: The Yanks pitching is better this year, and the cancer is on the Tigers now.

Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :PNot trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
:thumbup: The Yanks pitching is better this year, and the cancer is on the Tigers now.
You're joking right?

Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :P Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
:thumbup: The Yanks pitching is better this year, and the cancer is on the Tigers now.
The Tigers got Abreu???

Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :PNot trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
You're joking right?
I think he meant that the Yanks pitching is better than the Yanks pitching was last year, not that the Yanks pitching is better than the Tigers pitching. That is my guess.

You're joking right?
You must be, that's for sure.

You're joking right?
I think he meant that the Yanks pitching is better than the Yanks pitching was last year, not that the Yanks pitching is better than the Tigers pitching. That is my guess.
I know what he meant. I just think it's cute he thinks it's true.

Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :pickle:Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
You're joking right?
:excited: That is exactly what I meant.

Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :excited:Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
You're joking right?
You really don't think the Yanks pitching is better this year than last?????

Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :P Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
:eek: The Yanks pitching is better this year, and the cancer is on the Tigers now.
You're joking right?
Not really. It's better than most teams though and with all that hitting they are a very good team. Just don't think they are the team, or even one of the top five teams to beat anymore. Maybe that plays to their advantage. :shock:

:eek: The Yanks pitching is better this year, and the cancer is on the Tigers now.
You're joking right?
Not really. It's better than most teams though and with all that hitting they are a very good team. Just don't think they are the team, or even one of the top five teams to beat anymore. Maybe that plays to their advantage. :shock:
Really?!? pettitte and Clemens aren't an improvement over Johnson and Lidle (rip)

Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :stalker:Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
:thumbdown: The Yanks pitching is better this year, and the cancer is on the Tigers now.
You're joking right?
:wall: So Pettitte & Clemens are not better than Johnson & Wright? :jawdrop:

shadyridr said:
Replace the word 'Yankees' with 'Cardinals,' and isn't that what practically everyone was saying last October? :lmao:Not trying to stir it up, mind you. I am just saying, I think it should be obvious to all of us by now, that, in sports, almost anything is possible.
:wall: The Yanks pitching is better this year, and the cancer is on the Tigers now.
You're joking right?
:bag: So Pettitte & Clemens are not better than Johnson & Wright? :lmao:
You a baseball fan now? I had no idea.

As of today...

Division leaders in bold. Regardless of who wins the divisions, looks to be a 5-team race for the ALWC. Trade deadline should be interesting.

Boston

Los Angeles

Cleveland

Detroit

Oakland

New York

Seattle

Minnesota

------------------

Toronto

Tampa Bay

Chicago