What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aiming for LeSean McCoy (1 Viewer)

Phantom Knight

Footballguy
Keep 6 (keeper round listed with each player); 20-man roster stating 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te,1 r/w/t, 1k, 1 def. PPR

I've been hit with injuries (David Johnson, OBJ, Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, John Ross plus a few lesser names).  If you can look past losing DJ and OBJ, in particular, I have been lucky so far and after two consecutive wins by less than 1/2 point each, I am sitting at 4-2. But I know I need to improve my odds of staying afloat in the middle of this season in the hopes that my team will develop strength later in the season. I am trying to get a legit every week rb1 with DJ out of commission (and a changed complexion in the Arizona rb situation perhaps). I currently have the roster (minus K and Def):

• Ben Roethlisberger (10th)  (hold the ridicule please!)
  • Mitch Trubisky (15th)
  • ------------------------------
  • Mark Ingram (4th)
  • Jay Ajayi (16th)
  • David Johnson (8th)
  • Derrick Henry (3rd)
  • D'onta Foreman (8)
  • Elijah McGuire (20)
  • Marlon Mack (20)
  • Ameer Abdullah (5th)
  • Keenan Allen (13th)
  • Demaryius Thomas (20th)
  • OBJ (19th)
  • Pierre Garcon (6th)
  • Juju Smith-Schuster (20th)
  • Corey Davis (1st)
  • Mike Williams (20th)
  • Eric Decker (9th)
  • Zach Ertz (11th)
I have my eyes on LeSean McCoy but the owner is currently sitting at 5-1 but doesn't have a strong bench (imo at least).  But he probably thinks that he has a good chance to take home the trophy this year (though I would disagree) and so he will not be playing for the future (I have some nice keeper candidates).  His roster:

• Aaron Rogers (7th)
  • Matthew Stafford (10th)
  • Josh McCown (20th)
  • CJ Anderson (4th)
  • LeSean McCoy (1st)
  • LeGarrette Blount (9th)
  • Matt Forte (19)
  • Golden Tate (2nd)
  • Larry Fitzgerald (6th)
  • Michael Crabtree (3rd)
  • Danny Amendola (15th)
  • Rishard Matthews (14th)
  • Jeremy Maclin (13th)
  • Kenny Golladay (20th)
  • Allen Hurns (18th)
  • Kyle Rudolph (5th)
  • Jared Cook (20th)
  • Antonio Gates (16th)
Players that I would like to consider in a trade for McCoy: DHenry and Abdullah. Or even both and perhaps a wr.  My IR players DJ and OBJ are not for sale!  Neither is Ertz. I really don't want to get rid of Ingram or Ajayi or Foreman unless absolutely necessary. 

Important to me: I like win-win trades as opposed to trying *get* the win in a trade.

So the questions:  

1) I am guessing that even despite Henry's Week 6 explosion that my proposed offer (Henry and Abdullah) won't fly due to the other owner's 5-1 record and the (at least short term) drop-off in points from his rb1 position.  Does anyone here see an offer or various offers that would keep his overall points (rb/wr) stable while netting me LeSean. 

2) Is it likely that the cost of getting McCoy would actually weaken my team now/in the short term making it better that I just stand pat and try to weather the storm?

Just ask the guy what he would want for McCoy.  I don't think he will move him for anything less than an every week RB starter, TE upgrade, and WR help.  His RB's take a big hit if McCoy is lost so it will take a lot to move the needle.  However, you will never know until you ask. 

Users who are viewing this thread