What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AGDQ 2017 - Video Game Speedrun Marathon (1 Viewer)

hagmania

Footballguy
gamesdonequick website - includes schedule

twitch link

Annual plug for my speedbros. They play video games quicker than most. Check the schedule out and watch a runner speed their way through a video game or two or twelve. They've raised millions of dollars for charity over the past 5 years.

It lasts all week, give it a view - continual success leads to bigger and better partners for the event.

I always enjoy a little AGDQ and SGDQ. 

Seems like most of the speedrunners I follow aren't at AGDQ this time around, but I do see that Mexican Runner is playing Contra and Darkwing Duck later in the week.  He was (and might still be) the Contra WR holder and just got the Darkwing Duck one the other day I think.  I'll try to check those out if I'm around.

Pretty amazing that they're literally on the second game of the week and have 161,000 viewers as I'm typing this.

Some interesting exclusions, like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Maker races, but a good slate of games on the schedule.

Late Monday 11:00 ET - Ninja Gaiden & Ninja Gaiden II on NES. Two races on "Pacifist%" where they don't kill any enemies besides the bosses. Which if you remember Ninja Gaiden, there are a lot of enemies.

Tuesday Evening 8:30 ET - Super Mario Bros. race that leads into two other Mario games.

I'll be back to bump for Wed/Thu.

Things I'm going to keep my eye on:

• Tuesday evening - Super Mario, Super Mario Lost Levels, and Super Mario Sunshine
  • Wednesday evening - Halo 2
  • Thursday afternoon - Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  • Friday afternoon - Crash Bandicoot 2
  • Friday night - GTA Vice City
:lmao: at 3:19 AM on Thursday morning, someone is speedrunning Cheetahmen

Things I'm going to keep my eye on:

• Tuesday evening - Super Mario, Super Mario Lost Levels, and Super Mario Sunshine
  • Wednesday evening - Halo 2
  • Thursday afternoon - Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  • Friday afternoon - Crash Bandicoot 2
  • Friday night - GTA Vice City
:lmao: at 3:19 AM on Thursday morning, someone is speedrunning Cheetahmen
Doesnt that game not have an ending, lol.

Steve Tasker said:
I don't think so, I think it glitches before the end.  It's only a 9-minute speedrun apparently.
There's a fix for the glitch that allows you to complete it.  I can't recall if it needs a custom rom or if it can be done with the cart, though.  I believe that re-issued copies have the fix on the cart.

Little Samson at 6:18 AM on Wednesday morning.  

For those retro game nerds like me, you may know this game as arguably the holy grail of rare NES games.  Cartridge-only copies were selling with an approx price of $820 as of last year, and a full box + manual + cart was sold on eBay for $2,900 not too long ago.  I have never played the game, though there are all sorts of reproduction carts out there.

Steve Tasker said:
Little Samson at 6:18 AM on Wednesday morning.  

For those retro game nerds like me, you may know this game as arguably the holy grail of rare NES games.  Cartridge-only copies were selling with an approx price of $820 as of last year, and a full box + manual + cart was sold on eBay for $2,900 not too long ago.  I have never played the game, though there are all sorts of reproduction carts out there.
It's rare as hell, but it's actually a great game.  Too bad most people never played it.  I've only played it via rom file.  

Speed run between Insein and I in Mass Effect 1. Minimum 50% side quest I am usually at 10-12 hours. Straight speed run is around 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speed run between Insein and I in Mass Effect 1. Minimum 50% side quest I am usually at 10-12 hours. Straight speed run is around 6.
50% side quest? I could do that pretty quick. My problem is I like to 100% that #### every time.

Castlevania block coming up now.

Batman Forever run this evening has a great runner - PJDicesare is a funny dude. Terrible game that is hopefully saved by the runner's commentary.

Stretch of games coming up now ought to be reeeeeeeeeal good. Mystery Game Tournament, Kirby 3, A Link to the Past, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

I'm watching link to the past at 7:30pm EST. He's doing it with no major glitches. So we won't see the throne room glitch I would think. It says 1.5 hrs and using that glitch allows you to beat the game in like 3 mins. The world record with no glitches is 1hr 23 mins

Last edited by a moderator:
My Zelda speedrun was probably one of my highlights of my life. Of course now times are down to like 23 minutes. 

I liked the format. It was a 4 way race. The guy who won did it in 1:24:08. No major glitches. Xelna

Ok, I'll be that guy...  speedruns that involve glitches are stupid.  Who cares if you can beat a game in 3 minutes by jumping out of the map and skipping straight to the end?

Ok, I'll be that guy...  speedruns that involve glitches are stupid.  Who cares if you can beat a game in 3 minutes by jumping out of the map and skipping straight to the end?
They should not count. If they do it's dumb. Just like people in games using cheat codes. I hate it when people say it's like the same game, just I can fly and have infinite money, but totally the same game.

Users who are viewing this thread