What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**AFC Divisional Round - Chiefs at Bills** (-2.5, 46) Kickoff Sunday 6:30 (1 Viewer)

I can't decide if Allen is going to get out of his own way or not. He's thrown 18 picks. Mahomes has thrown 14 I believe, but it feels like Allen's are real back-breakers.

I see people saying it's their "turn" and I'm just remembering it being 24-17 in the 4th quarter against the Steelers, who barely deserved to be there at all. What if Allen doesn't play a masterful game this time? Can they win if he just plays an okay game?

I've thought about a few random nuggets today regarding the Chiefs:

1. They have some big contributors on defense slated to be free agents after this season. Which means they are playing for big contracts in the offseason: Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed, Willie Gay, and Mike Danna.

2. Consequently the Chiefs defense is pretty darn good. Now, Buffalo is certainly capable of shredding this defense, but the Chiefs D plays with a chip on their shoulders.

3. Speaking of chips on the shoulder, the talk all week is about Mahomes playing his first road playoff game. And some pundits questioning how he will do. Now, knowing the competitor that Patrick is, I could see him taking that to mean he can't win on the road in the playoffs. The odds are against him in this game, so that may prove to be true, but I like a Mahomes who may think he's being slighted.

I've thought about a few random nuggets today regarding the Chiefs:

1. They have some big contributors on defense slated to be free agents after this season. Which means they are playing for big contracts in the offseason: Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed, Willie Gay, and Mike Danna.

2. Consequently the Chiefs defense is pretty darn good. Now, Buffalo is certainly capable of shredding this defense, but the Chiefs D plays with a chip on their shoulders.

3. Speaking of chips on the shoulder, the talk all week is about Mahomes playing his first road playoff game. And some pundits questioning how he will do. Now, knowing the competitor that Patrick is, I could see him taking that to mean he can't win on the road in the playoffs. The odds are against him in this game, so that may prove to be true, but I like a Mahomes who may think he's being slighted.
I doubt anything is motivating any of these guys other than winning a playoff game. If it is, I would imagine that Allen could be extra motivated thanks to Mahomes basically telling him right after their last game that the only reason the Bills won was because of the refs. Would think that would be some fuel to show someone that a win wasn’t anything other than being better than them.

Home field matters here.

KC puts up worse D stats on the road than they do at home, Bills better at home than road.

Bills have more defensive big plays, KC better average statistics.

Passing
KC INTs - 1. Bills - 8
KC Sacks - 25. Bills - 31
KC Y/A - 6.1. Bills - 6.4
KC Comp % 64.7. Bills - 65.2
Rushing Ds are about equal stat wise

On offense KC is surprisingly consistent with most stats in their splits, the only notable road drop is TDs (16 versus 21 home)

Bills had improvement at home in most offensive stats, notably INTs (7 versus 11 road) , Sacks allowed (9 versus 15 road) and total offensive TDs (31 versus 20 road)

Bills outscored the opposition 236 to 118 at home this year (excluding England game), 7-1

KC outscored opponent 166 to 146 on the road, 6-2. One of these was the throw away game to end the year.

Mahomes in the postseason on neutral sites (3 Super Bowls):

2-1, 5 tds, 4 ints, 79.7 passer rating

I don't get the Swift hate.. maybe cause I don't pay much attention or care even a little
Cause outside dating Kelce she has nothing to do with the game and all they do is show her, talk about her, and drive her down our throats.

NBC ends their last game broadcast, by showing her.. WTF

Hey Diggs, if you are going to stomp around all year about wanting the ball more, maybe don't fumble it on the first play of your biggest game of the year?

Can I sneak in with a prediction here?

KC 25
Bills 22

I just think KC's defense is too much this game and that Mahomes does just enough to get them into the AFCCG.

I don't get the Swift hate.. maybe cause I don't pay much attention or care even a little
Cause outside dating Kelce she has nothing to do with the game and all they do is show her, talk about her, and drive her down our throats.

NBC ends their last game broadcast, by showing her.. WTF
I can't believe it upsets you so much when they turn the camera to her instead of a coach on the sideline looking at his playsheet.

It's making the NFL a lot of money, and it hurts no one.

Users who are viewing this thread