What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***AFC Championship - Kansas City Chiefs 13-6 at Baltimore Ravens 14-4*** (-4, 44.5) 3:00 (1 Viewer)

Difficult to bet against KC but they really hav been flying by the skin of their teeth.
Ravens bring in 60 sacks on the season, they will terrorize Mahomes, he elevates the Chiefs OL, they get flagged often enough and they will have their hands full
The Chiefs Defense however is 1st Class and since a couple of their free agents are in most Top 5-10 off season potentials like ones and Snead, that's the crux of the game for me.
Can the Chiefs hold the Ravens to under 20 let's say and allow Mahomes to find some cracks on a few drives so they can get back to the Super Bowl.
I have my doubts and as many have pointed out this week, the Ravens have blown out some really good football teams
Add in Harbaugh and his brother winning a Title, if you believe in these types of nonsense but what a story if they both win in the same year.

Ravens 24
Chiefs 20

-That's my logical side but my heart says Mahomes finds a way to win so I'm all over the place.

Ravens win 27-13 and save fans from having to endure 2 weeks of “The Kelce’s”.

Ravens D is healthy unlike the Dolphins and Bills D’s that were missing a lot of key players. Plus just way better. Just don’t see enough weapons on KC to score in the high 20s plus to win this game.

Last edited:
I feel like Tony Romo when he gets really unsteady.

I don't know, Jim . . . I don't know . . .

Baltimore has a historically good DVOA. They've spanked Detroit and San Francisco, Houston twice, and pounded the Dolphins and Seahawks badly. Impressive wins for them. They're good. They've got the number one defense in DVOA, the number three special teams, and the number four offense. They're just solid all over the place for the number one overall ranking in DVOA. The Chiefs are good, too. They've got the number eight offense and the number seventh defense in DVOA. That's nothing to sneeze at when you combine the two. Overall, they're fifth in DVOA.

The Chiefs have Mahomes. The Ravens have Jackson. The one thing that worries me about the Ravens and playing up to their potential are the guys catching the football. If KC can control the run game, Baltimore will have to go to their receivers at one point, and do Flowers, OBJ, Bateman, Andrews, and Likely have what it takes? We know the TEs are excellent, but what about the receivers? That's a small quibble. It's the same thing with KC.

KC is beat up for this game. Thuney will be missing. Gay and Pacheco are questionable. That's not good to be carrying those tags or missing a stalwart left guard come Sunday. The Ravens will prove too much for the Chiefs.

Baltimore - 31
Kansas City - 21

It sounds crazy to turn down the defending champs +4, but Baltimore have been basically steamrolling everyone lately. A Justin Tucker field (goal) day, 26-20 quote the ravens.

Chiefs now officially have ruled out WR Kadarius Toney for Sunday’s AFC Championship game due to a hip injury and personal reasons.

A rare combination. He’s a true dual threat unicorn.
One of the league leaders at sucking AND at getting hurt.
Well it's not like New York Giant fans didn't warn you

The eye test tells me The Ravens are the better team right now.
But I feel Andy Reid's guys are embracing the underdog role
Much like The Eagles did a few years ago
Oh and one of those Eagles will be rooting for The Chiefs Sunday
I can't dismiss the Jason dynamic here...

Chiefs- 24
Ravens- 23

If the Ravens can control the Chief‘s blitzes then this will be a comfortable win for BAL. Chiefs will need to blitz, otherwise they are toast.

Just to be contrarian.....

Mahomes is Mahomes, Reid is Reid, and Spags pulls something out at halftime to mitigate Lamar.

Chiefs 27 - Ravens 17

The Bills rushing offense is mediocre. They ran all over the field vs KC for 3 quarters and then kept dropping (or missing) open deep passes when the Chiefs finally had to commit 8 men vs the run in the 4th quarter

The Ravens have the #1 rushing attack in the NFL

KC’s CBs are very good. With Andrews back the Ravens now have 2 outstanding pass catching TEs and can limit throws to WRs, negating that strength of the Chiefs

KC is likely to notice a difference between Tyrel Dodson and AJ Klein at LB last week vs Roquan Smith and Patrick Queen this week

I just think the biggest mismatch favors the Ravens. You could say the Chiefs pass D has an edge over the Ravens O, and that the Ravens pass and run D are about even with the Chiefs O (though I think they’re actually probably a little better, especially with Thuney out and a shaky Left Tackle). But the Ravens greatest strength, a punishing run game, aligns with the Chiefs’ greatest weakness.

At home, rested, healthy and extremely focused, I think the Ravens will take away Kelce completely, force Mahomes to rely on inferior players instead, and gradually grind KC into the ground on the way to a 33-25 win that requires a late TD to get that close and inject a little one-score game drama in the closing minutes

Reid, Mahomes, and the KC D scare the piss out of me.

All of the "Lamar can't win in the post-season" stuff is just that - stuff - and it ends Sunday,

I think this is a boa constrictor game for Baltimore's defense. It's gonna be their "come get some, boy" statement.

Ravens 20, Chiefs 15

I'm a believer in logical losses and the up/down theory. I really thought the Chiefs time was done and the Bills were due to advance last week, didn't happen. I'm going to double down that the Chiefs are not that good and are due to let down = the Ravens win. Time will tell but I really believe the combination of fate and the better team equals the Ravens win.

This feels like one of those games where either the Ravens win like 31-3, or KC wins 20-17.

In theory, Lamar should give the Chiefs D fits, with his ability to extend plays and KC's blitzing nature. However, KC does a pretty good job maintaining lane integrity, so it would likely be less on scrambles and more on designed runs. In theory, Mark Andrews coming back gives the Ravens the only thing the offense has been missing which is that guy you can count on to make a big catch when you need one. In theory, the Chiefs offense has been up and down this season, and they've especially struggled to score TDs instead of FGs of late.

Despite all that, I can't help but feel like Andy Reid is gonna pull a rabbit out of his hat, Mahomes makes a couple incredible throws (perhaps proving that MVP is who had the better season, not who is the better player) and maybe the Ravens get a little out of their element and fall behind early.

I’ll be on the road up until kickoff, so here is to a good game. :banned:

I just pray the Chiefs don’t embarrass themselves against this mighty Ravens juggernaut. Gonna be a rough day for ma’boys, ma’homes, ma’auto, and kelce see how much we can save when you bundle your home and auto.

Been a good showing defending the Super Bowl trophy, and I will always be proud of my Chiefs regardless of what happens tomorrow. But I think it ends courtesy of the Ravens.

Enjoy the game fellas. :headbang:

I’ll be on the road up until kickoff, so here is to a good game. :banned:

I just pray the Chiefs don’t embarrass themselves against this mighty Ravens juggernaut. Gonna be a rough day for ma’boys, ma’homes, ma’auto, and kelce see how much we can save when you bundle your home and auto.

Been a good showing defending the Super Bowl trophy, and I will always be proud of my Chiefs regardless of what happens tomorrow. But I think it ends courtesy of the Ravens.

Enjoy the game fellas. :headbang:
Yeah. It will be tough for Mahomes to do this without K Toney……

I didn't watch a single Ravens game this year. Maybe they are world beaters, greatest team since the 85 bears, etc. Maybe they are a team that lost to the Colts, Steelers x2, and Browns and only dominated the Lions, Seahawks, and Dolphins while winning ten 1-2 score games.

Lamar has never won anything significant, I don't see him starting now.

Plus, the NFL didn't pay Taylor Swift for an AFC appearance, she was hired for a Super Bowl win .

Chiefs 31
Ravens 24

The Ravens are 4-0 all-time in home playoff games when the temperature is below 50 degrees at kickoff and 0-4 all-time when it is above 50

Forecast is for 44 degrees

Rain has just about stopped for the day, winds look light for game time. Should be a great day for football

The Ravens are 4-0 all-time in home playoff games when the temperature is below 50 degrees at kickoff and 0-4 all-time when it is above 50

Forecast is for 44 degrees

Rain has just about stopped for the day, winds look light for game time. Should be a great day for football
So weird to not want a Ravens team to play in smash mouth football conditions but I think this team is better off if weather is not a factor. I expect the Chiefs to blitz a ton and Spagnuola is really good. Lamar having good footing to move around and good enough conditions to make the defense worry about the passing game is very important.

Please Lamar, please….save us from the off field media circus that is this KC team. Let the SB be about football.

Chiefs come close but a big WR drop sinks them in the end.

From a Consumer Products ‘If Win’ standpoint…these two are the clear 3rd/4th best options left overall…with the Chiefs slightly ahead for now, but a later surge expected for the Ravens since it’s been so long vs a repeat.

I didn't watch a single Ravens game this year. Maybe they are world beaters, greatest team since the 85 bears, etc. Maybe they are a team that lost to the Colts, Steelers x2, and Browns and only dominated the Lions, Seahawks, and Dolphins while winning ten 1-2 score games.

I sincerely hope that you are trolling.
In case you are not: check the Ravens games against the two best NFC teams (Lions and Niners).

check the Ravens games against the two best NFC teams (Lions and Niners).
San Francisco ran the ball 18 times (avg 6.7 ypc) and threw it 46 times in that game. If they play again, I bet those numbers will be flipped. The way to beat Lamar and the Ravens is to run the ball, control the clock, and limit his possessions by keeping him off the field.

Just saying, a rematch won't look anything like the first meeting IMO.

check the Ravens games against the two best NFC teams (Lions and Niners).
San Francisco ran the ball 18 times (avg 6.7 ypc) and threw it 46 times in that game. If they play again, I bet those numbers will be flipped. The way to beat Lamar and the Ravens is to run the ball, control the clock, and limit his possessions by keeping him off the field.

Just saying, a rematch won't look anything like the first meeting IMO.
Not to mention the 5-0 turnover edge. Doubtful that will be repeated. If the teams meet again it’s highly likely to be a far more competitive game. That doesn’t take away from the fact that the original poster put the Ravens 2 td win on the road at the presumed at the time best team in football in a “meh” category since it was only by 2 possessions. Kind of a bizarre way to evaluate a team.

I mean pretty sure Tuckers not supposed to be in the middle of the other teams warmup but still lol Kelce I guess

I mean pretty sure Tuckers not supposed to be in the middle of the other teams warmup but still lol Kelce I guess
K's and P's, and long snappers often warm up overlapping the other team's "space", but I've never seen it happen on the goal line. Don't know what it means, but I love it! :clap:

I feel like this is a baltimore blowout (as per usual)

The only way the chiefs win this is if LJ makes some mistakes

Jim Harbaugh just said he was a little star struck when he met Justin Herbert.

So glad he's back in the NFL

Who is Lamar's favorite target today? Flowers or Andrews?
Likely. Also maybe Justice Hill

I think Flowers is held mostly in check by Sneed. And Andrews is going to be on a snap count. KC is very tough at CB, not nearly as much at LB, so why challenge those guys when your pass catching TE and RB can feast?

Users who are viewing this thread