What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson....time to sell fellas (1 Viewer)

Peterson has been great. But he's put up his two worst seasons since my OP. He's also put up his best season. Check the scoreboard Sabertooth 2 - Fanboys 1

:popcorn:
I can't tell if you are sincere or just having a laugh. He has had three top 10 RB seasons since your OP (top 5 actually), which you very clearly stated in absolute terms in your OP that he would not hit that mark.

Fanboys 3 - Sabertooth 0 :popcorn:
He's had his two worst season since I made that post S-2 F-1

It's all in how you look at it. Since when is anyone happy that AD finishes in the top 10? Is that the bar you are setting? Top 10 of 32 starters? Upper third of the league? :lmao:

And you are accusing me of moving the goalposts? :confused:
It's the bar you set in your OP and you were wrong Fanboys 3 - Sabertooth 0
:no: In the league I own him in, he finished tied for 13th in 2011. :shrug: My prediction was:

Adrian Peterson has peaked. I hate to say it but he will not finish in the top 10 for fantasy backs this season.

Peterson has been great. But he's put up his two worst seasons since my OP. He's also put up his best season. Check the scoreboard Sabertooth 2 - Fanboys 1

I can't tell if you are sincere or just having a laugh. He has had three top 10 RB seasons since your OP (top 5 actually), which you very clearly stated in absolute terms in your OP that he would not hit that mark.

It's all in how you look at it. Since when is anyone happy that AD finishes in the top 10? Is that the bar you are setting? Top 10 of 32 starters? Upper third of the league? :lmao:

:no: In the league I own him in, he finished tied for 13th in 2011. :shrug: My prediction was:

Adrian Peterson has peaked. I hate to say it but he will not finish in the top 10 for fantasy backs this season.
:lmao: So now you are saying that you predicted that he would get injured? Is that the new goal post?

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao: So now you are saying that you predicted that he would get injured? Is that the new goal post?
Can you not read? All I predicted was that he wouldn't finish in the top 10. He didn't. It's so simple and you seem like a bright guy. Why can't you just accept I was right? It's math. It's fact. It isn't anything other than correct.

Can you not read? All I predicted was that he wouldn't finish in the top 10. He didn't. It's so simple and you seem like a bright guy. Why can't you just accept I was right? It's math. It's fact. It isn't anything other than correct.
:lmao:

Come on guy, I have no axe to grind with you but admit it, you whiffed in a big way. If you don't want to acknowledge that he was killing your prediction in 2011 and you only managed to save face because you got "lucky" and he got hurt (way to cheer an injury btw) fine. But he still finished #1 & #4 in '12 & '13.

If you just admit that you whiffed; you will feel so much better.

Come on guy, I have no axe to grind with you but admit it, you whiffed in a big way. If you don't want to acknowledge that he was killing your prediction in 2011 and you only managed to save face because you got "lucky" and he got hurt (way to cheer an injury btw) fine. But he still finished #1 & #4 in '12 & '13.

I don't cheer injuries. But they are part of the game, especially for older players.

I don't cheer injuries. But they are part of the game, especially for older players.
You seem to be pretty happy about in here because it is the only thing that you trying to hang your hat on.

That's your opinion. But I don't cheer injuries (I would love to see Manziel get lit up though). Also, I have mentioned several times that I never actually traded him away. Why would I want him to get hurt? His injury cost me money in 2011.

Threads like this are why the SP is a joke to some of the people I know.

It is...JMO...pathetic that obvious trolls/threads like this run wild.

Yeah, I know I"m contributing, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess.

Threads like this are why the SP is a joke to some of the people I know.

It is...JMO...pathetic that obvious trolls/threads like this run wild.

Yeah, I know I"m contributing, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess.
It gets to the point where you have to make it SO bad in hopes of it getting locked...

In case anyone is showing up late to this thread, here's all you need to know...

Adrian Peterson has peaked. I hate to say it but he will not finish in the top 10 for fantasy backs this season. Call it a strong guy instinct but I can't sit idly by while people flush away high picks on him. I can't really put my finger on why. He lost McKinnie but that isn't it. I think it has more to do with a worsening QB situation and defense. This team is going to be very weak this year. They've lost their heart and soul in Favre. I guess I just want to generate discussion. But I've kept Adrian since he was a rookie and I'm letting him go this year in favor of other options.
Bump this to take my beatings. I was wrong on this one, clearly. With Adrian now looking conspicuously more involved in the passing game, he could make a run at Fred Jackson. Good thing I kept an open mind on him and kept him (because I know you care about my team). Double good because I paired him with Chris Johnson (seemed like an almost unbeatable tandem at the time). Two wrongs made a right. At least I was consistent. :thumbup:
Good God was I wrong on this. I respectfully turn in my NFL fancard. I'm a Packers fan and maybe I was in denial. But this is a man among boys. I honestly think he's got tiger blood or something. One of these is not like the others. Peterson is that rare combination of superior DNA, unflinching drive, humongous talent, toughness and insane work ethic. He's also a great example of sportsmanship. He's basically what you would make if you created a guy on Madden, only better.
Blah, blah, blah. I was somehow right despite the fact that I admitted I was wrong. Blah, blah, blah....
I am kind of trolling now...

I wrong on this. I respectfully turn in my NFL fancard. I'm a Packers fan and maybe I was in denial. But this is a man among boys. I honestly think he's got tiger blood or something. One of these is not like the others. Peterson is that rare combination of superior DNA, unflinching drive, humongous talent, toughness and insane work ethic. He's also a great example of sportsmanship. He's basically what you would make if you created a guy on Madden, only better.
do you guys like him in Norv's offence this year?

In case anyone is showing up late to this thread, here's all you need to know...

Adrian Peterson has peaked. I hate to say it but he will not finish in the top 10 for fantasy backs this season. Call it a strong guy instinct but I can't sit idly by while people flush away high picks on him. I can't really put my finger on why. He lost McKinnie but that isn't it. I think it has more to do with a worsening QB situation and defense. This team is going to be very weak this year. They've lost their heart and soul in Favre. I guess I just want to generate discussion. But I've kept Adrian since he was a rookie and I'm letting him go this year in favor of other options.
Bump this to take my beatings. I was wrong on this one, clearly. With Adrian now looking conspicuously more involved in the passing game, he could make a run at Fred Jackson. Good thing I kept an open mind on him and kept him (because I know you care about my team). Double good because I paired him with Chris Johnson (seemed like an almost unbeatable tandem at the time). Two wrongs made a right. At least I was consistent. :thumbup:
Good God was I wrong on this. I respectfully turn in my NFL fancard. I'm a Packers fan and maybe I was in denial. But this is a man among boys. I honestly think he's got tiger blood or something. One of these is not like the others. Peterson is that rare combination of superior DNA, unflinching drive, humongous talent, toughness and insane work ethic. He's also a great example of sportsmanship. He's basically what you would make if you created a guy on Madden, only better.
Blah, blah, blah. I was somehow right despite the fact that I admitted I was wrong. Blah, blah, blah....
Pretty much. Doesn't mean I was wrong though.

I wrong on this. I respectfully turn in my NFL fancard. I'm a Packers fan and maybe I was in denial. But this is a man among boys. I honestly think he's got tiger blood or something. One of these is not like the others. Peterson is that rare combination of superior DNA, unflinching drive, humongous talent, toughness and insane work ethic. He's also a great example of sportsmanship. He's basically what you would make if you created a guy on Madden, only better.
do you guys like him in Norv's offence this year?
I do. Glad I still own him. Now if he can just muster some numbers in December.

Pretty much. Doesn't mean I was wrong though.
Were you wrong when you said you were wrong?

:lmao: :lmao:

Watching the SEC Network and just saw a ticker that reported that Adrian Peterson was on a call with Jerry Jones in June and told him he wanted to play for the Cowboys. Could be some fines because Jones never reported it to the Vikings. Peterson followed up with a comment that he has always said he wants to retire a Viking but understands the NFL is a business.

Edit to add link

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/adrian-peterson-dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-tampering-denial

Will this mean anything for Peterson this year?

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/26520182/vikings-star-rb-adrian-peterson-indicted-in-child-injury-case#.VBNYGbapZQ0.twitter

Vikings star RB Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury casePosted: Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM EST Updated: Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM EST

By Mark Berman, Sports Director - bio
HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Sources told FOX 26 Sports Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Peterson's Houston attorney, Rusty Hardin, declined comment when contacted by FOX 26 Sports.

Peterson has spent his entire eight-year career with the Vikings.

He has been named First-Team All-Pro three times and has been selected to play in six Pro Bowls.

Peterson has rushed for 10,190 yards and scored 86 touchdowns.

He's also caught 208 passes for 1715 yards and five touchdowns.

Will this mean anything for Peterson this year?

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/26520182/vikings-star-rb-adrian-peterson-indicted-in-child-injury-case#.VBNYGbapZQ0.twitter

Vikings star RB Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury casePosted: Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM EST Updated: Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM EST

By Mark Berman, Sports Director - bio
HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Sources told FOX 26 Sports Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.Peterson's Houston attorney, Rusty Hardin, declined comment when contacted by FOX 26 Sports.

Peterson has spent his entire eight-year career with the Vikings.

He has been named First-Team All-Pro three times and has been selected to play in six Pro Bowls.

Peterson has rushed for 10,190 yards and scored 86 touchdowns.

He's also caught 208 passes for 1715 yards and five touchdowns.
Nah I'm sure it'll blow over :lol:

As a person who does not own Peterson in any format, I demand justice!!!!!!!!! Season long ban. I also want to see pics. If he was indited IN TEXAS of all places there have to be pics.

Users who are viewing this thread