What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd string running backs deep sleepers (1 Viewer)

ebsteelers

Footballguy
Phillip Tanner,

Andre Ellington,

Stephan Taylor,

Chris Polk,

Jordan Todman

CJ Anderson

Donald Brown

Cierre Woods

Marcel Reece

NO STEELERS

As Injuries start to happen, figure good idea to get a list of some deep deep sleepers who could help you come weeks 10 and beyond if you have extra roster space

any other running backs who might have some super sleeper appeal in deeper leagues?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on NE has to be worth something, right? or maybe not...

Washington - could take over the pass catching / up-tempo RB role

Blount - likely just a back-up to Ridley

Bolden - a little bit of both - but who knows how serious his knee injury is. Last year he only had 2 catches in 10 games for the Pats. But in college he caught a decent number of passes - one year 300+ yards, and another with 200+.

Mike Gillislee - in MIA - might be another guy to keep an eye on considering the struggles of Miller and Thomas.

Khiry Robinson, NO - though technically 4th or 5th, I think he's really 3rd behind Thomas, Ingram. While Sproles is at a separate position backed up by Cadet. Really, the same spot where Chris Ivory used to be, but he may be a better dual threat.

Kerwyn Williams - promoted from the practice squad, behind Bradshaw and Brown now with Ballard out. But they may bring someone else in here. More a 3rd down/speed back than an every down answer.

As for NE, I would bet on Bolden, but he's hurt right now. Blount doing kick returns last night tells me Leon Washington has lost a step or two and will not be a factor. Either that or Belichick has lost his mind completely.

Like CJ Anderson, though it would take a team bus crash for him to be heavily involved.

Also liked what I saw from Kenjon Barner before he tweaked his ankle in preseason.

James Starks didn't look too bad when he got in after Lacy fumbled. He can still produce in that offense given the opps.

Michael Ford. He was inactive week one but I have a feeling he would have a big role for the Bears if anything were to happen to Forte. I feel better about him as a Forte handcuff than I do Michael Bush. Bush shouldn't be used for much more than a short yardage/goal line duties at this point.

Kerwyn Williams - promoted from the practice squad, behind Bradshaw and Brown now with Ballard out. But they may bring someone else in here. More a 3rd down/speed back than an every down answer.

Hey, whatever happened to Kerwyn Williams?

Little guy I guess, but he has/had talent I thought.

It's too bad about this whole Trent situation (for everybody) but Kerwyn might have really been rising to the top right about now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey, whatever happened to Kerwyn Williams?

Little guy I guess, but he has/had talent I thought.

It's too bad about this whole Trent situation (for everybody) but Kerwyn might have really been rising to the top right about now.
I believe he is on SD's Practice Squad. He could fill Woodhead's role if needed, but not sure he is an every-down back.

Users who are viewing this thread