What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: looking for CB and D-line depth in Day 3 (9 Viewers)

We're getting ridiculous value compared to the projections coming into the draft:
  • Top 15 OT at 20
  • Top 40 C at 51
  • Top 50 WR at 84
  • Top 50 ILB at 98
Who knows how it'll end up, but worked out pretty well last year. Fingers crossed there's a repeat of greatness. I hope we go BPA in the 4th whether that's CB, WR, or something else. We can definitely use another WR, wouldn't hate Tez Walker. The senior bowl cost him so much money. He was projected as a 2nd rounder before all those drops.

Also, all 4 picks have been at positions of need, but 0 reaches. Incredible.

If Rattler really is the best QB left, ignore QBs. Seen enough of that guy to know he’ll be a turd.
They may take Hartman late.

We know theyll take 4 to camp, so a round 6 qb seems pretty likely.

If they draft one, I hope its not a guy like Hartman, myself. Whoever it is isnt likely to stick...so id rather they bet on pure arm talent to increase their "hit" chance.

Last edited:
Spoke too soon. It’s Frazier …

Frazier what a wasted pick!!!!!!! All true Steeler fans know Fautanu is starting at center in 2024!!!!!!!!!
Steelers starting 2 centers. Establishing a new trend to go with the new bubble helmets.

Frazier is a lefty. So they could definitely start both and have defenses guessing if the ball is going to be snapped with the left or right hand.
We can line up Russ and Fields behind each center. Defenses won’t have a clue who has the ball. Statue of Liberty play makes a comeback!!!

“Real Men of Genius misterfootballplaymakerupper!!”

Spoke too soon. It’s Frazier …

Frazier what a wasted pick!!!!!!! All true Steeler fans know Fautanu is starting at center in 2024!!!!!!!!!
Steelers starting 2 centers. Establishing a new trend to go with the new bubble helmets.

Frazier is a lefty. So they could definitely start both and have defenses guessing if the ball is going to be snapped with the left or right hand.
We can line up Russ and Fields behind each center. Defenses won’t have a clue who has the ball. Statue of Liberty play makes a comeback!!!

“Real Men of Genius misterfootballplaymakerupper!!”

Woulda worked better a year ago.

"When they said "You cant put two QBs on the field at once!", you said "I'd like to see anyone try to prove Kenny Pickett or Mitch Trubisky are REAL quarterbacks."

See we got Logan Lee for DL. One pick left. Showing serious commitment to revamp the pathetic offense. About $&@; time!!!!

NFL.com nailed it. Only place I saw anyone suggest Pittsburgh would draft 3 OL - C OT and G

Analysis​

PIT

Top Needs:
OL •
WR •
CB •
DL
The Steelers' quarterback room underwent a transformation this spring, adding Russell Wilson and Justin Fields, while Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph left the building. The primary goal of this draft for Pittsburgh should be improving the offensive line in support of the new signal-callers; look for the Steelers to add a left tackle to compete with Dan Moore, along with a new starting center to replace the waived Mason Cole, plus depth at guard. Another receiver to push Van Jefferson and Denzel Mims for snaps is also needed, as well as potential starters in the secondary and an eventual replacement for defensive lineman Cam Heyward, who is headed for free agency in 2025. -- by Chad Reuter

CB Ryan Watts wraps up our draft. Great size but probably not fast enough to make it as an NFL corner. See if he can make it as Safety depth and special teamer.

Brendan Rice and Tahj Washington were available and might have a better shot at making the final roster. Tomlin must like Watts enough to take a shot

Great draft!!!

The rest of the draft has made me even more upset at the 1st pick. I like all the guys a lot, but this team is trying to win now and drafted 3 IOL, 1 of whom will play this year. They seem to have completely forgot how bad the secondary was last year. They better be trading for a WR 2, because there still isn't one on the roster. I think Wilson is limited to slot and now in an offense that doesn't use slot.

Roman Wilson has speed and an excellent route runner. He should find success in the NFL. The knock is size and he hasn't had 1k yards receiving since HS.

Day 3 certainly not as strong as Day 1 and 2, but overall a good showing by Omar/etc.

The third OL was...puzzling. He's not a bad player, per se, just not certain what the idea there is. Contract status of other guys going to be an issue in '25, and they're trying to get ahead of that?

Fine with the DL they targeted. Lee is pretty much in their mold for 5-tech and has some room to improve.

Taking the big DB who is almost certainly going to be a S...dunno. Know almost zero about him. Feels like a guy they could have gotten the same sort of player as a priority UDRFA. Perhaps Trice's rehab is going famously? Or as mentioned above they have some other veteran on the radar?

The CB looks interesting. Little bit of info here

Certainly got his hands on a ton of balls (OHHHHH! RIMSHOOOOT!)

They view Roman as DJ2 with better attitude.

I think they are signing Cam Sutton.

Think WR trades dead, but Boyd’s price has to have come down now.

Fautanu will start at tackle day 1.

Man, I love Steelers' draft result this year especially with their clear intention to strengthening their OL. I texted one of my friends who happens to be hardcore Steelers fan that getting OT / OG Troy Fautanu at 20th pick is absolutely steal. He's tailor-made for their offense and embodies everything about Steelers. He'll give them nasty bone-crushing run blocking.

Najee Harris will feast this year.

Man, I love Steelers' draft result this year especially with their clear intention to strengthening their OL. I texted one of my friends who happens to be hardcore Steelers fan that getting OT / OG Troy Fautanu at 20th pick is absolutely steal. He's tailor-made for their offense and embodies everything about Steelers. He'll give them nasty bone-crushing run blocking.

Najee Harris will feast this year.
Don’t forget Warren. I am sure Art FedEx Smith won’t. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread