What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Tomlin signs a 3 year extension (12 Viewers)

Tomlin signs a three year extension

You can hear the yinzers crying off in the distance -- Caw'er, Caw'er, Caw'er
Nah, it's not about missing Cowher. Nothing to do with Cowher.

It's about what Tomlin hasn't accomplished since 2010 when Ben was still 28 years old.

It is what it is, though. Tomlin might as well have a lifetime contract as long as he wins 9 games per year and maintains his reputation.

If Tomlin's teams beat Jville and Cleveland those 2 years and lost the next round games, would people be satisfied? I know the field goal posts would move no matter what they last 8 yrs produced. They could have won the SB in 2017 and people would still want him gone. All this fake outrage and rambling on is just a waste of time. He's the coach, and the players win games. Same with all the other 31 teams.

Tomlin signs a three year extension
I know some fans will hate this because this was supposed to be Tomlin's "prove it" year, but I think this is a good thing.

This feels like the start of a new era (for better or worse). We made a fair amount of changes from last season going into this season. I think this is Tomlin's last chance to prove it with a new OC and QB options. It also extends Tomlin to be at the helm through this current era of defense which I think the players wanted. If neither Fields nor Wilson works out, we get a new QB next season and Tomlin has 3 years to get this team to greatness again.

We have an incredibly tough schedule this year that should be able to show if either of these QBs are the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread