What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: Decline 5th year options for Harris and Fields (10 Viewers)

Why would they want him after he shredded them last year, and basically called them a clown show.
If he truly thinks they're a clown show why would he want to go there?
some are thinking he doesn't want to come here.
If that were the case, and I don't think it is, the feeling seems to be mutual. Quite likely it's negotiating games though.

I don’t know if anything will come to fruition, but I am hearing Omar is still trying to make big moves.

Gonna need you to define "big" in this context, brochacho.

"Dave Littlefield" big, or "a legitimately intelligent/cogent human being's definition of "big"" big? :laugh:

I only ask cuz some of the stuff I've seen flying around the past week on the innerwebz just cannot be grounded in reality (e.g. "The Steelers are trading for Justin Jefferson!", etc etc).

I don’t know if anything will come to fruition, but I am hearing Omar is still trying to make big moves.

"Dave Littlefield" big, or "a legitimately intelligent/cogent human being's definition of "big"" big? :laugh:

I only ask cuz some of the stuff I've seen flying around the past week on the innerwebz just cannot be grounded in reality (e.g. "The Steelers are trading for Justin Jefferson!", etc etc).
I cannot confirm or deny that there were actual calls regarding your last paragraph. But the other side seems uninterested in moving this hypothetical player.

I cannot confirm or deny that there were actual calls regarding your last paragraph. But the other side seems uninterested in moving this hypothetical player.

Gotcha. All I heard:

"The Steelers ARE trading for Justin Jefferson!"

Gotcha. All I heard:

🤣

They have, and can create more, cap space. So they are looking at moves to take advantage of the cheap QB room this season.

Gotcha. All I heard:

🤣

They have, and can create more, cap space. So they are looking at moves to take advantage of the cheap QB room this season.
Wonder if Sneed could be had for less then a second?

Hopefully not Diggs. Cap numbers are gross for an older WR. Spotrac There appears to be a 2025 out but the dead cap…

Aiyuk or Justin Jefferson would be insane.

Hopefully not Diggs. Cap numbers are gross for an older WR. Spotrac There appears to be a 2025 out but the dead cap…

JJ would be amazing, but 1) is Minny even considering dealing him? 2)Does Pittsburgh have the means or want to meet what Minny would want?

I bet JJ would get Minny a huge haul, probably a #1 and a second 1 or #2

JJ would be amazing, but 1) is Minny even considering dealing him? 2)Does Pittsburgh have the means or want to meet what Minny would want?

Hell no to that

Hell no to that
I am just guessing cause Adams got a GB a 1st and 2nd, and IMO JJ is better right now..

Only thing is, JJ has one year left at 19M, not sure the Steelers could afford him.

Hell no to that
I am just guessing cause Adams got a GB a 1st and 2nd, and IMO JJ is better right now..

Only thing is, JJ has one year left at 19M, not sure the Steelers could afford him.

Whatever I saw was a crazy offer or counteroffer that the Steelers would have been crazy to make or other team crazy to reject.

Not sure that anything ultimately gets done but there is fire around these smoke rumors. They may just go out.

Hell no to that

Whatever I saw was a crazy offer or counteroffer that the Steelers would have been crazy to make or other team crazy to reject.

Not sure that anything ultimately gets done but there is fire around these smoke rumors. They may just go out.
what did you see?

I saw Atlanta was supposedly offering 2 Number 1's and a 3rd for him..

TBH, I am not sure with his contract, he is worth it for the Steelers to give up so much for, cause I am not sure they can resign him, unless they reconstruct some other guy's contracts.
It's nice to think Steelers are in conversation for him, and they are going all out, but I feel they will end up with Mike Williams or someone.

I wonder if they can/would sign Williams and Boyd. Then you have two studs on the outside and an actual slot wr. All high quality. Austin is returns and gadgets. Van Jefferson depth and Boykin special teams. That’s a great wr room.

Would love Aiyuk or Diggs but prices high and probability low. Would rather keep the draft capital I think.

Hell no to that

what did you see?

I saw Atlanta was supposedly offering 2 Number 1's and a 3rd for him..
More.

Would love Aiyuk or Diggs but prices high and probability low. Would rather keep the draft capital I think.

We just rid ourselves of a couple of malcontents, please don't sign Diggs.
Also, no offense to him, but I'd rather sign a WR who's still on his way up, not down. So I'd rather get Aiyuk than Diggs. With Williams he feels like he's always injured, and Boyd is definitely a WR3, not a star.

I'd probably rather trade up in the 1st for a stud WR than trade for Aiyuk or Diggs. And Jefferson doesn't feel like he's leaving Minn.

If we could trade 1st, 3rd (our 2nd 3rd we got from Philly), and 2025 2nd for Chicago's pick 9 and take Rome, I'd be so happy. Chicago could still get a WR at 20 that is decent, it's just that Rome is the last of the top tier WRs. This would also let us maintain our 2nd and 3rd and 4th this year.

Whatever we do at WR it'll work. It always does. The one position I feel confident that we get right. Nothing to worry about. Draft, trade, free agency, whatever, it'll be fine.

Whatever we do at WR it'll work. It always does. The one position I feel confident that we get right. Nothing to worry about. Draft, trade, free agency, whatever, it'll be fine.
Wonder if that is because Tomlin was a WR. Not sure that we have had the same scouts all this time — certainly different WR coaches.

Diggs is just bringing in an older more expensive Diontae Johnson. He'd probably only cost about a 5th and have to pay him his $18m for one season but they gave away Diontae for less and he was only due $10M. Diggs does not seem like he'd be happy in a Arthur offense. None of that one makes sense as it seems almost everyone here agrees.

Aiyuk could be really good, even elite, but I'd pass on giving a one for him. I just hate the idea of paying twice, in trade comp and salary. This offense is not going to feature WR's, no since getting carried away paying top dollar for them in a strong and deep draft for them. Would rather see that one used on OL or one of the top 3 CB's, or a Brian Thomas type if he slipped and pay him so much less.

Just looking at how things would go next year you could probably retain Queen, whoever we pick in round one and still have $10m to spend versus what just Aiyuk would cost. I'd rather go that route.

The Fan, not sure who it was, said Steelers now my sign a stop gap guy, but isn't as flashy and they may draft a Brian Thomas in the first round.

I think at this point, nobody knows what is being talked about and is just throwing names out there.. Last night I read DK may be a target. LOL

Me spitballing:

Would you trade #20 and Austin for Aiyuk?

Restructure some deals and sign him and Boyd?
Depends on the contract. #20 + Austin + $22 mil per year is a lot when we have other needs. I'd rather spend pick 20 or 51 on a WR and have an extra $16 mil to sign players... and Austin.

Though a lot of people have differing opinions on Brian Thomas, he feels like a bigger risk than some of the other WRs, but also with higher upside.

Users who are viewing this thread