What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - In an effort to make up for last year’s collapse, Howie orchestrates an all-time pandering to the fans draft. (44 Viewers)

Luv seeing eagle fan 180 degree turns LOL!
Just a couple weeks ago all that mattered was getting Reddick resigned
Now ... Thank god he's gone ... he was a cancer. Who knows how much damage he's done in that lockerrom

Team is falling apart bit bit ... rebuild time

The Eagles literally signed a 26 year old Haason Reddick clone as a replacement. Huff played half as many snaps and had nearly identical numbers as Reddick last year. Sure it would have been nice to have Reddick and Huff rushing the passer on 3rd down, but the Eagles will be fine.

Bryce Huff
Sacks: 10.0
Solo: 19
Ast: 10
TFL: 10
QBhits: 21
PD: 1
Snaps: 480

Haason Reddick
Sacks: 11.0
Solo: 29
Ast: 9
TFL: 13
QBhits: 23
Snaps: 862

EDIT: I was curious what Huff's numbers would have been if he on a per snap number if he got as many snaps as Reddick.

Bryce Huff
Sacks: 18.0
Solo: 34
Ast: 18
TFL: 18
QBhits: 38
PD: 2

Those numbers would put Huff in the Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, Myles Garrett territory. Yes, I know, it doesn't work like that, just curious.
Yeah except one of them is a part time one dimesional player

Honestly, if Huff can put up Reddick's numbers in 250 less snaps, I'd take it. But I don't think they're planning on using Huff for only 42% of the snaps.
So you prefer Huff over Reddick and wouldn't trade Huff straight up for Reddick if it were an option?

Shouldn't the question be: Do you prefer 3 years of Bryce Huff at salary cap hits of $4.3M, $7.5M and $11.7M or one year of Reddick at $21M? Then who knows what in any extension you have to sign him to (a comp to his projected cap hits going forward would be Danielle Hunter at $13.7M and $23.7M). That question doesn't even take into account age, Reddick is 30 and Huff is only 25. Reddick is at the age where the cliff can come quick.

How many years and what cap hits are we talking about. Also, if we get cap savings with Huff compared to Reddick, who are the Eagles also signing with the extra space?
These are good points. It's not unfair I think to say the Eagles "today" got worse, but this is one move that is made in an offseason of many more to come, IMO. Howie isn't done, and we all know there are also young, homegrown players are on our team that also need extensions rather quickly, most pressing with Devonta Smith. We still have the draft and we ALL know there will be moves made, its just a matter the magnitude of them.

Luv seeing eagle fan 180 degree turns LOL!
Just a couple weeks ago all that mattered was getting Reddick resigned
Now ... Thank god he's gone ... he was a cancer. Who knows how much damage he's done in that lockerrom

Team is falling apart bit bit ... rebuild time

The Eagles literally signed a 26 year old Haason Reddick clone as a replacement. Huff played half as many snaps and had nearly identical numbers as Reddick last year. Sure it would have been nice to have Reddick and Huff rushing the passer on 3rd down, but the Eagles will be fine.

Bryce Huff
Sacks: 10.0
Solo: 19
Ast: 10
TFL: 10
QBhits: 21
Snaps: 480

Haason Reddick
Sacks: 11.0
Solo: 29
Ast: 9
TFL: 13
QBhits: 23
Snaps: 862

EDIT: I was curious what Huff's numbers would have been if he on a per snap number if he got as many snaps as Reddick.

Bryce Huff
Sacks: 18.0
Solo: 34
Ast: 18
TFL: 18
QBhits: 38
PD: 2

Those numbers would put Huff in the Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, Myles Garrett territory. Yes, I know, it doesn't work like that, just curious.
Yeah except one of them is a part time one dimesional player

Honestly, if Huff can put up Reddick's numbers in 250 less snaps, I'd take it. But I don't think they're planning on using Huff for only 42% of the snaps.
So you prefer Huff over Reddick and wouldn't trade Huff straight up for Reddick if it were an option?

Shouldn't the question be: Do you prefer 3 years of Bryce Huff at salary cap hits of $4.3M, $7.5M and $11.7M or one year of Reddick at $21M? Then who knows what in any extension you have to sign him to (a comp to his projected cap hits going forward would be Danielle Hunter at $13.7M and $23.7M). That question doesn't even take into account age, Reddick is 30 and Huff is only 25. Reddick is at the age where the cliff can come quick.

How many years and what cap hits are we talking about. Also, if we get cap savings with Huff compared to Reddick, who are the Eagles also signing with the extra space?
These are good points. It's not unfair I think to say the Eagles "today" got worse, but this is one move that is made in an offseason of many more to come, IMO. Howie isn't done, and we all know there are also young, homegrown players are on our team that also need extensions rather quickly, most pressing with Devonta Smith. We still have the draft and we ALL know there will be moves made, its just a matter the magnitude of them.

Exactly, if this move helps us keep Smith, then is the team better off going forward with Huff and Smith or just Reddick. In sports, you have to let go of high priced players who are on the tail end of their careers and invest the money in guys who have potential but haven't put it all together yet (Javon Hargrave, I'm looking at you). I'm thankful guys like Kelce and Cox didn't hang on for dear life playing past their expiration date (Jason Peters, I'm looking at you). The Eagles would have tied up cap space on those guys until they couldn't walk anymore. I'm not going to say the Eagles are better or worse, they're just different.

Last edited:
Andy Reid is taking in a former Eagle

Former Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz has another new home. The Kansas City Chiefs and Andy Reid are signing him as a backup for Patrick Mahomes according to Jordan Schultz 

Big nfl news per Scheftar

Blockbuster: Bills are finalizing a trade to send four-time Pro-Bowl WR Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans for draft-pick compensation, sources tell ESPN.

I don't remember the source but I saw a good breakdown of the Fangio defense. Basically it's a Fire Zone scheme where we'll be rushing 4 defenders. The caveat is you just don't know which 4 will be rushing. We'll see more LBs blitzing but DEs will sometimes be dropping into coverage.

In the video it was mentioned we were running a similar scheme with Desai. However, we kinda stunk with execution. I know I saw Reddick on many plays where he wasn't rushing that he looked lost. Reddick is an excellent pass rusher but he just might not fit the Fangio scheme.

Another point is the play of the DTs. They are expected to open holes for the rushers. It was mentioned that during our collapse many defenders began to freelance especially on the line.

I don't remember the source but I saw a good breakdown of the Fangio defense. Basically it's a Fire Zone scheme where we'll be rushing 4 defenders. The caveat is you just don't know which 4 will be rushing. We'll see more LBs blitzing but DEs will sometimes be dropping into coverage.

In the video it was mentioned we were running a similar scheme with Desai. However, we kinda stunk with execution. I know I saw Reddick on many plays where he wasn't rushing that he looked lost. Reddick is an excellent pass rusher but he just might not fit the Fangio scheme.

Another point is the play of the DTs. They are expected to open holes for the rushers. It was mentioned that during our collapse many defenders began to freelance especially on the line.
Hence the Devin White signing.

Hence the Devin White signing.
With all that said, I'm still excited to see what the actual architect of this defense can do. I'm guessing we are going to see much more creativity with this sort of stuff and hopefully guys like Jordan Davis and a guy who I really have my eyes on, Milton Williams, can make a nice jump in their careers, as well as where/how Sweat factors into all of this - but I am guessing we will see him more in a stand up role when he rushes the passer as well as hopefully some inside looks as well with Williams/Davis/Carter playing the 3 down linemen roles.

Would really like to see a Milton Williams extension asap too be honest and with Sweat also on the last year of his deal, I'm expecting some more additions along the D line via the draft, or at least 1.

Also with that said, with the OT class being this deep, Lane Johnson on his last 1-2 years most likely and the fact Reddick just left, I'd bet decent amounts of money that 2 of those first 3 picks are going to be in the trenches. Just makes too much sense for what we do.

Lastly, with the news we just signed Blankenship to a 1 year extension, and not a long term one means safety is still in play. And Justin Simmons is still out there. Would love to see this happen.

Eagles have brought back Slot CB Avonte Maddox
This is a good move. IF healthy (GIGANTIC IF) he's the slot CB, keeping my fingers crossed!
Glad they brought him back cheaper, but they need a better option here. Dude can't stay healthy. I'm still curious what they have in McPhearson. He could never get on the field because the other CBs stayed healthy. Would have finally gotten a chance last year, but then he got hurt.

Eagles are signing tackle Jordan Mailata to a three-year contract extension for $66 million. He will now make $22 million a season as one of the highest paid tackles in the NFL. He is now under contract to the Eagles through 2028. From ESPN

$48m gauranteed

Btw that pick the Texans traded was the one they got in the Watson deal. The deal now gets even worse from a browns standpoint

Important Eagles dates coming up

• First day: April 15.
  • OTAs: May 20, May 22-23, May 28, May 30-31.
  • Mandatory Minicamp: June 4-6.

Eagles playing the Packers on Friday night opener in Brazil. Hate it
Not going anywhere near Brazil right now. If any of you go, make sure you take extreme precautions. The country is almost at a revolution point.
Yeah definitely not going. Once they started like, burning down their own rainforest I was like "Ok, yeah no" Not to mention the steady increase in violence. I don't need to see City of God firsthand.

Stinks for 2 reasons:
  • For the team: Lose true home-field advantage against a key NFC opponent.
  • For the season ticket holders: Miss out on a big game against a team that has only been to Philly 12 times in the regular season the last 60 years.
I am actually kind of shocked that they didn’t schedule an AFC matchup, like against the Browns. I agree, missing out on Green Bay coming to link is a travesty.

Stinks for 2 reasons:
  • For the season ticket holders: Miss out on a big game against a team that has only been to Philly 12 times in the regular season the last 60 years.
I am actually kind of shocked that they didn’t schedule an AFC matchup, like against the Browns. I agree, missing out on Green Bay coming to link is a travesty.
Not sure what concessions they had to give Lurie for that. He understands how big a GB Vs Philly game is at the linc. Can't imagine he liked that choice over Cleveland.

Not going anywhere near Brazil right now. If any of you go, make sure you take extreme precautions. The country is almost at a revolution point.
As long as you stay within the city and don’t venture off alone you’ll be fine. Just don’t try to be a hero in circumstances if they come across and Cowboy it up. All it takes is one idiot trying to play hero for **** to hit the fan

Stinks for 2 reasons:
The browns have Winston and Watson now probably don’t want any incidents with females

Stinks for 2 reasons:
Not sure what concessions they had to give Lurie for that. He understands how big a GB Vs Philly game is at the linc. Can't imagine he liked that choice over Cleveland.
Wonder if he negotiated a future SB in Philly. That’s the only way I’d have done it

Packers and Eagles to play NFL season opener at Brazil club with ‘ban’ on green

Corinthians have an informal ban on the color green, worn by their bitter rivals Palmeiras, around the club. The Packers and Eagles both wear green, with the Eagles set to wear the color as the home team. In 2021, Corinthians fined their striker Jo for wearing green boots. Jo later said the boots were actually “turquoise blue”.

Picked two green jersey teams to play in a stadium that houses soccer fans (ok ok, footbol fans) who hate green. Excellent, thanks Roger.

Packers and Eagles to play NFL season opener at Brazil club with ‘ban’ on green

Corinthians have an informal ban on the color green, worn by their bitter rivals Palmeiras, around the club. The Packers and Eagles both wear green, with the Eagles set to wear the color as the home team. In 2021, Corinthians fined their striker Jo for wearing green boots. Jo later said the boots were actually “turquoise blue”.

Picked two green jersey teams to play in a stadium that houses soccer fans (ok ok, footbol fans) who hate green. Excellent, thanks Roger.
In case either the Eagles or Packers were not considered acceptable, Roger had the Jets as a backup plan.

Apparently the Browns was a done deal but Brazil wouldn't allow Watson into the country?! At first I thought this was satire or just a joke, but many people are reporting it. Still not sure if true, but wild if so.

Apparently the Browns was a done deal but Brazil wouldn't allow Watson into the country?! At first I thought this was satire or just a joke, but many people are reporting it. Still not sure if true, but wild if so.
Seriously? They're having a moral stance on anything.

I’ll be there but will just stay within the NFL bubble when I’m out and about. It’s about as safe or safer than NYC I’d assume.

I’ll be there but will just stay within the NFL bubble when I’m out and about. It’s about as safe or safer than NYC I’d assume.
Bingo. People get an issue when they wonder off alone. This is no different then mexico. Stay in your group. I have friends who are from Brazil or family there thanks to my soccer club. They always tell us if traveling there stay in your group. Also don’t try to be flashy with waving money and phones around. Don’t flaunt about success either and don’t be wearing stuff too flashy while there. Leave the gold chain and watch at home. All you are doing is telling for a bad time.

Its unfortunate that some people don’t get that but a huge problem with Americans when they go to other countries pulling the hey look at me ********. It’s why Ben Simmons got his nickname from Australian u18 Basketball team The Yank. And it wasn’t an endearing term. Contrary to popular belief most other countries don’t like the US for a number of reasons. Don’t give them more reasons to or take advantage of a situation. Law enforcement there isn’t much better in Brazil incredibly corrupt and very Blantant too ar times

Bingo. People get an issue when they wonder off alone. This is no different then mexico. Stay in your group. I have friends who are from Brazil or family there thanks to my soccer club. They always tell us if traveling there stay in your group. Also don’t try to be flashy with waving money and phones around. Don’t flaunt about success either and don’t be wearing stuff too flashy while there. Leave the gold chain and watch at home. All you are doing is telling for a bad time.

Its unfortunate that some people don’t get that but a huge problem with Americans when they go to other countries pulling the hey look at me ********. It’s why Ben Simmons got his nickname from Australian u18 Basketball team The Yank. And it wasn’t an endearing term. Contrary to popular belief most other countries don’t like the US for a number of reasons. Don’t give them more reasons to or take advantage of a situation. Law enforcement there isn’t much better in Brazil incredibly corrupt and very Blantant too ar times
To add to this both my brothers were in Italy during the bush administration yrs on class trips. Both heard other groups mocking then and other American tourist. Some of the groups were a bit surprised Tehran the tour guides would tell them “America isn’t well liked in other parts of the world do to politics and being overly entitled and braggdasish.”

Ive only went out of the country once to Canada and that was Toronto and most were friendly. My cousin lived in Germany and when they did the NFL games there his coworkers and German friends were dreading the American tourist because of how obnoxious and entitled many are. Basically they don’t know how to control themselves with their beer.

So please if you go to Brazil or anywhere else you aren’t just representing yourself and family or our sports team but the entire country. If you see Americans getting out of line try to get envolved telling them to knock it off or alerting proper authorities. Don’t cheer the behavior or egg it on.

And that ends your Djacks international travel trips for the day session.

Derrick gunn was on talkphlly with Gargano: didn’t watch other then this one part where Gunn mentions the Eagles want Day 1 impact players in the first couple rounds of the draft. That may rule out a OT replacement for Lane in the top picks but things can change in a draft with guys dropping etc

Devonta Smith extended 3 years/$75M. Howie is always first to market, while the other GMs/Owner Gms wait hoping for some silly discount when the market never stops going up up up.

Users who are viewing this thread