What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - 30 years ago, from the makers of V.I. Warshawski (9 Viewers)

I like the Pickett move. QB Factory is back in business!

No team gets better ROI by flipping QBs than the Philadelphia Eagles.

2 years left on his rookie deal too.

And we have a OC that can hopefully develop him some.
Anything is possible but aside from one really exceptional year at Pitt he has not been good. I wish him well, just glad he isn't on the Steelers anymore.
He’s awful. One of the worst in the league. He’s not accurate, poor awareness, lacks a super strong arm and not even mobile. I watched so many highlights of his senior year at Pitt and most of his passes were first reads where Addison was running 5 yards past the D back. He seems to have lost his accuracy and mobility in the NFL. I’m glad the Steelers got anything for him.

Yeah Pickett didn’t seem like a good fit with Pitt outside he played his college ball there. Poor offense

Anything is possible but aside from one really exceptional year at Pitt he has not been good. I wish him well, just glad he isn't on the Steelers anymore.
He’s awful. One of the worst in the league. He’s not accurate, poor awareness, lacks a super strong arm and not even mobile. I watched so many highlights of his senior year at Pitt and most of his passes were first reads where Addison was running 5 yards past the D back. He seems to have lost his accuracy and mobility in the NFL. I’m glad the Steelers got anything for him.
I don’t get either of these moves from Pitt. Russ is on his last legs. I get wanting to rid of Pickett but it’s like swapping explosive diarrhea out for less violent form of the samething.

I don’t get either of these moves from Pitt. Russ is on his last legs. I get wanting to rid of Pickett but it’s like swapping explosive diarrhea out for less violent form of the samething.
They're admitting we need a rebuild, finally. Russ for vet minimum while we wait to draft the next young QB prospect. Filling other needs in the process.

I like these signings. I think some of these players is Howie filling holes so that we have the flexibility to do what we want during the draft.

Malcom Jenkins was graded the worst safety in 2012 and 2nd worst in 2013 before we signed him 🤷‍♂️

Sometimes a change is beneficial. Also, after watching our LB’ing play last year I get excited about any new LBer signing!

They're admitting we need a rebuild, finally. Russ for vet minimum while we wait to draft the next young QB prospect. Filling other needs in the process.
I wouldn’t even have touched Russ with a 50 foot pole

I wouldn’t even have touched Russ with a 50 foot pole
That's fine. You couldn't reach him in his private locker room anyway.

Pickett seems like a good move. They needed another QB and at least they got someone with a little experience on a cheap contract and also theoretical upside, though I agree he most likely is not good. It seems better than using one of those draft picks on another QB and the pickings were slim at FA right now. Seems very low risk.

For those saying White will be motivated finally, that might be true, but not sure that was ever really his problem. Can’t learn instincts and not sure how much more he can be coached up. (Marcus smith /2.0?). Best hope is that fangio can deploy him in specific situations and keeps his role simple.

Also kind of skeptical about Bryce huff considering how little he’s played but I guess the money isn’t terrible even if he only plays half the snaps if he can wreak havoc in the pass rush.

Pickett is absolutely awful.

He might be less awful in the Eagles system but he's still nowhere near the level of a starting QB in this league.

If Hurts goes down and Pickett is next man up, your season is over.
I agree, But I think you would say that about basically anyone at backup QB here. What QB could they have gotten in any scenario that you wouldn’t say that about.

He might be less awful in the Eagles system but he's still nowhere near the level of a starting QB in this league.

To be fair Pitt should be sued for offensive malpractice with their OC. Pickett never got a chance

Pickett never got a chance
I figured someone would try to suggest this. You can tell yourself this to make it seem like he's a player worth having on your roster if it makes you feel better.

Pickett never stood a chance because he is awful. Within the same system he lost his job to Mason Rudolph and Mitch Trubisky at various points, who are also both awful.

At least you know who your starter is so there'll never be any expectation for him to play.

Just watched the CJ presser. Seems more mature, but also the same guy. Never wanted to leave. Very very excited he is back.

Also he said he's wearing #8 this year, with that "Kobe/Mamba Mentality"

Jacked.
My memory isn’t great, but were you not all “good riddance!” when he left?

Just watched the CJ presser. Seems more mature, but also the same guy. Never wanted to leave. Very very excited he is back.

Jacked.
Now he’s back so he’s the best! Get with it, pal.

You’re either with us or against us. And when you’re with us, we love you, when you’re against us, we hate you. Act accordingly.

Jacked.
Now he’s back so he’s the best! Get with it, pal.

You’re either with us or against us. And when you’re with us, we love you, when you’re against us, we hate you. Act accordingly.
Yes lol. The fan base is a touch …. fickle ?

That's pretty much any backup QB. If Mariota was still here, seasons over if Hurts is gone for the year.

Pickett is older than Hurts and had one good college season. He is what he is. Many steelers fans thought it was a bad draft pick at the time and set the team back several years. Moving on, even at this price is a welcomed choice for many of us here.

Pickett is older than Hurts and had one good college season. He is what he is. Many steelers fans thought it was a bad draft pick at the time and set the team back several years. Moving on, even at this price is a welcomed choice for many of us here.

Seemed like a giant reach at the time

I figured someone would try to suggest this. You can tell yourself this to make it seem like he's a player worth having on your roster if it makes you feel better.

Pickett never stood a chance because he is awful. Within the same system he lost his job to Mason Rudolph and Mitch Trubisky at various points, who are also both awful.

At least you know who your starter is so there'll never be any expectation for him to play.

The Steelers just replaced Pickett with a guy who lost his job to Jarrett Stidham. That guy was so bad, his former team said they'd rather take a $53M cap hit this year and a $32M cap hit next year just to get rid of him. That's who Pittsburgh is STARTING next season.

Last edited:

The Steelers just replaced Pickett with a guy who lost his job to Jarrett Stidham.
Yeah and The Eagles just replaced Hurts with a guy who lost his job to a guy who lost his job to Jarrett Stidham.

The Steelers just replaced Pickett with a guy who lost his job to Jarrett Stidham.
Yeah and The Eagles just replaced Hurts with a guy who lost his job to a guy who lost his job to Jarrett Stidham.

The Eagles replaced Hurts? No they replace Marcus Mariota. If you're gonna try to be witty, at least be a little bit accurate.

The Eagles replaced Hurts? No they replace Marcus Mariota. If you're gonna try to be witty, at least be a little bit accurate.
Cmon wakeup. You dont give up a 3rd round pick for a backup QB. Hurts was a disaster last season and the Eqgles are down on him as they should be.

Last edited:

Cmon wakeup. You dont give up a 4rd round pick for a backup QB. Hurts was a disaster last season and the Eqgles are down on him as they should be.
You funny

Cmon wakeup. You dont give up a 3rd round pick for a backup QB. Hurts was a disaster last season and the Eqgles are down on him as they should be.

"Hey bartender, I will have what he is having!"

Cmon wakeup. You dont give up a 4rd round pick for a backup QB. Hurts was a disaster last season and the Eqgles are down on him as they should be.
You funny
I forgot the Eagles were great last year losing 6 of their last 7 games (should of been 7 of 7) with Hurts at the helm LOL! Lost to Giants (shouldve been twice) Cardinals, smoked by Baker and Drew Lock!

Worst TD percentage of any QB in NFL history with at least 500 pass attempts.
Tell me about his OC
The OC didn’t have him spinning into sacks and locking into receivers and never taking a chance.
I highly doubt you understand how read progressions happen on an NFL level and the role an OC’s play calling for a young QB plays into that.

He threw a td on less than 2% of his passes. The lowest in nfl history for qbs with at least 500 attempts. He was a 25 year old rookie who had 1 good 5th year senior season. Matt Canada was terrible. Pickett wasn’t any better.

You funny
I forgot the Eagles were great last year losing 6 of their last 7 games (should have been 7 of 7) with Hurts at the helm LOL! Lost to Giants (shouldve been twice) Cardinals, smoked by Baker and Drew Lock!
I didn’t know Hurts was a DB.

We just traded for Kenny Pickett!? Lol what? 🤣🤣🤣
I've done a week-to-week deep dive on Kenny Pickett this offseason, and I came away thinking some team should absolutely trade for him, as soon as Wilson was signed. Of course it'd be Philly. Awesome move, he's super underrated and a lot better than his numbers. Matt Canada made Luke Getsy look like Bill Walsh as a play caller. I came away thinking the Steelers were downgrading to Russ, and I don't hate Russ. Kellen Moore might be just the OC for Pickett's game.

Awesome move. Pickett will be a top-of-the-line backup, with lots of upside if forced into action. I also like McKee as a prospect, Philly might have the best overall QB room in the league.

Really? I have never seen anything about him I liked. Talk me into it

I've done a week-to-week deep dive on Kenny Pickett this offseason, and I came away thinking some team should absolutely trade for him, as soon as Wilson was signed. Of course it'd be Philly. Awesome move, he's super underrated and a lot better than his numbers. Matt Canada made Luke Getsy look like Bill Walsh as a play caller. I came away thinking the Steelers were downgrading to Russ, and I don't hate Russ. Kellen Moore might be just the OC for Pickett's game.

Awesome move. Pickett will be a top-of-the-line backup, with lots of upside if forced into action. I also like McKee as a prospect, Philly might have the best overall QB room in the league.

The film shows that he locked onto his primary receiver like he did in his 1 good college year, only he wasn't throwing to a wide open Addison most of the time like he did at Pitt. It also shows that he often made incorrect reads and missed open receivers. He didn't use his legs when he could and he was inaccurate.

Canada didn't do him any favors, but he was just as much of a problem. It was a bad pick then and I'm thankful the Steelers admitted the mistake and moved on. Even Wilson now is a big step up... as washed up as everyone says he is, he threw 26 TDs and 8 INTs last year. Pickett threw 13 TDs in 24 games, and that's not entirely because of Canada.

The Steelers just replaced Pickett with a guy who lost his job to Jarrett Stidham. That guy was so bad, his former team said they'd rather take a $53M cap hit this year and a $32M cap hit next year just to get rid of him. That's who Pittsburgh is STARTING next season.
Yep and both of you could be correct. Maybe Pickett’s ceiling is a quality back up who’s capable of holding down the fort for a few games if the starter misses time.

I won’t pretend to have paid attention to anything Pittsburgh did or their OC. I think it’s pretty well documented that both sucked. Guys like Goff, Mayfield, Gino Smith etc all sucked too 🤷‍♂️. Maybe Pickett looks awful or maybe he lives up to some potential. Time will tell

He makes good decisions with the ball and has pretty good mobility (though he needs to slide, he's not Hurts) he doesn't have a strong arm and is too quick to check down (though a better OL might change that, his best games were the ones he attacked downfield) he also had his best game the week after Canada was fired, only to get hurt the next game.

I'm not saying the Steelers just traded some Franchise guy, but I came away thinking the playcalling was worse than the QB play. I highly doubt the Steelers would have gotten a wildcard if they hadn't fired Canada, and I don't think Rudolph played better than Pickett did, I think he had better playcalling, and an easy schedule facing 2 non-playoff teams, and the Ravens backups, and I think Rudolph is decent too.

Pickett played some good games against the Ravens, Rams and Raiders early in the season, and made some big throws in all of those games. He was awful against the 49ers and Browns, but so were a lot of QBs last year. I think he's an upgrade from Mariota at the very least, and I think its reasonable to call him an upgrade from 2022 Minshew as well, who was turnover prone in his Eagles starts.

Users who are viewing this thread