What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Deja Mailata? (28 Viewers)

Is Isaiah Rodgers next? Or could this mean he won’t be since he wasn’t included with these other guys, including some that were suspended with him? 🤔

The NFL is reinstating five players who were suspended indefinitely last year for violating the gambling policy: WR Quintez Cephus, S C.J. Moore, DL Demetrius Taylor, WR Shaka Toney and Rashod Berry.
Don't love the sound of this
Guy should be permanently banned.
How come? Do you know the severity of his bets compared to those others that were suspended?
He bet directly on his team's performance. That should be a death sentence for anyone doing that.
The rule is now its a 2 year ban. Its not a death sentence and per the rules, it doesn't call for a permanent ban either.

They changed this rule *after* he was suspended fwiw
Rodgers has been reinstated woohoo

In recent years we went into the draft with a limited set of likely first round possibilities for position or player targets but I think this draft is the most wide-open "anything is possible" first round of the draft for the Eagles since 2019 when Dillard unexpectedly dropped and they abandoned all their planned scenarios to move up for him. And, if things don't shake out with finding a trade partner and the first 21 picks don't break our way, we could also wind up in a 2014 situation where we reached for Marcus Smith, or maybe trade back, even out of the first round. 4 of the 5 most likely teams to trade down are in the top 10, which will be way out of our price range:

CHI
AZ
LAC
TEN

SEA

So they might be putting all their eggs in the SEA basket at #16 to go up and grab one of their identified "blue chippers" before they are off the board. And if another team makes SEA a better offer, things could go sideways. Gonna be interesting tomorrow night!

Last edited:
BTW, I'm not buying any of the Brock Bowers/Eagles scuttlebutt.
I am buying that they want to go up and get a CB though. Mitchell or Arnold and I'm pretty happy. Trading down and taking Kool Aid I'd be ok with too to be honest.

I saw speculation today that the Eagles are talking to Denver about a possible trade so the Eagles could get Mitchell. I think some expect that Denver would be able to get a QB at 22 that they would be happy with instead of using pick 12 on one.

BTW, I'm not buying any of the Brock Bowers/Eagles scuttlebutt.
I am buying that they want to go up and get a CB though. Mitchell or Arnold and I'm pretty happy. Trading down and taking Kool Aid I'd be ok with too to be honest.

I saw speculation today that the Eagles are talking to Denver about a possible trade so the Eagles could get Mitchell. I think some expect that Denver would be able to get a QB at 22 that they would be happy with instead of using pick 12 on one.
Its the season for smoke, lets see how it plays out. I would be very happy to get Quinyon

In recent years we went into the draft with a limited set of likely first round possibilities for position or player targets but I think this draft is the most wide-open "anything is possible" first round of the draft for the Eagles since 2019 when Dillard unexpectedly dropped and they abandoned all their planned scenarios to move up for him. And, if things don't shake out with finding a trade partner and the first 21 picks don't break our way, we could also wind up in a 2014 situation where we reached for Marcus Smith, or maybe trade back, even out of the first round. 4 of the 5 most likely teams to trade down are in the top 10, which will be way out of our price range:

CHI
AZ
LAC
TEN

SEA

So they might be putting all their eggs in the SEA basket at #16 to go up and grab one of their identified "blue chippers" before they are off the board. And if another team makes SEA a better offer, things could go sideways. Gonna be interesting tomorrow night!
I agree with all of this. If they trade with anyone, it'll be SEA@16, IMHO. Everything else seems too expensive. Mitchell or Latu, if they're still there at 16 would definitely be worth the price.

CHI
AZ
LAC
TEN

SEA

I agree with all of this. If they trade with anyone, it'll be SEA@16, IMHO. Everything else seems too expensive. Mitchell or Latu, if they're still there at 16 would definitely be worth the price.
What would the deal with Seattle be? 22 and 53 for 16 and 81?

CHI
AZ
LAC
TEN

SEA

What would the deal with Seattle be? 22 and 53 for 16 and 81?
I’ve heard # 16 and 102 for 22 and 53.

Seattle gives up 1,092 pts, Philly gives up 1,150.

EDIT: 102

With the 5th year option being included, the Smith contract is 4 years/$90M. A bargain, considering we paid A.J. 4/$100M a couple years ago.

Once new deals get done for Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, Ja'Marr Chase, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Amon-Ra St. Brown, etc., it will be a steal.
ARSB got 4 years for $120M, $77M guaranteed. Don’t know how it’s structured, but love watching Howie make magic.

Sorry for spamming the thread, but I’m gettin geeked for the draft tomorrow.

Tweet from ESP:
Isaiah Rodgers in 2022, per PFF:
**5th best overall CB
**6th best CB in coverage

LFG, Birds!!!! With Fangio running the defense, I like a deeeeeeep playoff run this year.

Eagles Draft Prediction Contest! Winner gets a smorgasbord of Eagles swag.

Entries due by noon, Thursday. Respond with the following 4 predictions:
  1. Trade Up/Trade Down/Stay at #22 (2 points)
  2. Listed position of player taken with first Eagles pick of the draft (3 points)
  3. Name of player taken with first Eagles pick of the draft (4 points)
  4. Total number of letters in the given first and last name of last Eagles pick (Tie breaker)
Good luck!

Up
Edge
Chop Robinson

2. Listed position of player taken with first Eagles pick of the draft (3 points)
  4. Total number of letters in the given first and last name of last Eagles pick (Tie breaker)
Good luck!
I almost missed this! Have to try to defend my title!

1. Stay at 22
2. CB
3. Arnold
4. 14

Good luck!
1. Up
2. CB
3. Mitchell
4. 15

Users who are viewing this thread