What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Everything’s going to be OTA. (7 Viewers)

Heads up but if you are going on socials to see what the media is saying about the pod and all, stay away from the comment section. A lot of folks outting themselves and not looking too good. Let’s just say their employer wouldn’t appreciate their comments either. Save yourselves the trouble and headache

Heads up but if you are going on socials to see what the media is saying about the pod and all, stay away from the comment section. A lot of folks outting themselves and not looking too good. Let’s just say their employer wouldn’t appreciate their comments either. Save yourselves the trouble and headache

And anyone laughing at this well let’s just say you are showing your true colors as well

WTF this is horrendous

#Eagles HC Chip Kelly forced rookie CB Roc Carmichael to cut his hair.

“I want you to be more presentable.”

This was a “prime example” of Kelly being uncomfortable around black players, says LeSean McCoy.

I don’t know how Chip got away with not being talked to by the NFLPA while in the nfl. And this is just part of what people know so far publicly

WTF this is horrendous

This was a “prime example” of Kelly being uncomfortable around black players, says LeSean McCoy.

I don’t know how Chip got away with not being talked to by the NFLPA while in the nfl. And this is just part of what people know so far publicly
Not trying to defend Chip, at all. But the stuff Shady and Djax were talking about wasn’t overt racism- although it would not surprise me if he were really racist.

He definitely did not relate well to black players, and was culturally “tone-deaf” and really, really inappropriate. He also came across as a complete coward- not willing to confront star players directly, sending interns to go talk to position coaches about stuff. And he was a bully with control issues- he didn’t have a problem telling Carmichael to “cut his hair” because he was a borderline player to make the cut.

The stuff with Djax was deplorable- as was the way he traded Shady. Good riddance to bad garbage.

chip kelly as one of the worst hires ever. one of the best things about lurie is his ability to move off a coach fairly quickly.
I file Chip Kelly under the "Everything happens for a reason" sorta theme. Would Howie be the GM he is now, if he wasn't sent off to exile for a year? On the same note, going with Howie, I personally believe he needed a big big miss like Reagor over Jefferson to further his growth (even though he DID get Jalen Hurts in the same draft, b/c ya know, missed out on Russel Wilson). I think he has learned a lot from those 2 instances/failures that he is a smart guy, but you can't always act like you are the smartest guy in the room. Within a few years of the banishment, we got our first Lombardi. Ever since the JJ miss, the drafts have been very very good.

But still, f*** Chip Kelly also.

At first I thought 25/10 were coming across a little immature recounting their first meeting of Chip (which let's be honest, they were at the time), but that quickly swung to Chip was an a-hole. It's a shame, because Chip had some good ideas and was ahead of the times, like the sports science. And I recall him saying the right things that a good leader should do, like explaining to players why he wants certain things. He was also supposed to be an aggressive risk taker and innovator, but it turned out he was none of those things.

Terrible at communicating, he coached games like every other coach before Doug, and his offense became stale overnight. All of this we already knew in the aftermath, but had no idea just how bad he really was until this podcast. Dude is just flat out terrible, both at leading and life. Good riddance. Be shocked if he's ever in the NFL again, especially after this.

Also I want to know what DJax said at the end that they bleeped out. :pokey:

Chip may be a racist but I tend to think he was a socially awkward narcissist that did not empathize with other humans in general. He couldn't relate to Howie or Lurie either. He might be slightly autistic or something in that he just doesn't know how to act emotionally. Horrible for a head coach.

He wasn’t a racist and acted this way with all players.

First year there was a mic’d up moment with him and Riley Cooper where Cooper walks up to him pre game and says “Hey coach, what’s the plan?”

Kelly replies back with “to score points, what’s your F’ing plan?!” Cooper just walks away. Kelly was just an a hole

Chip may be a racist but I tend to think he was a socially awkward narcissist that did not empathize with other humans in general. He couldn't relate to Howie or Lurie either. He might be slightly autistic or something in that he just doesn't know how to act emotionally. Horrible for a head coach.
I do feel like almost everything he supposedly believed was intellectually awesome but he seemed to have no ability to figure out how to implement it in a successful way in the nfl.

Vet HOF Jason Peters intentionally moving to induce a false start penalty in order to slow down the pace of the offense was a major HC disconnect indicator

Interesting little tidbit in that podcast. It sounds like after chip traded shady, he tried to trade BG but Lurie stepped in and said that’s enough and wouldn’t let him do it. What a disaster that guy was.

Vet HOF Jason Peters intentionally moving to induce a false start penalty in order to slow down the pace of the offense was a major HC disconnect indicator
Did JP ever actually admit he was doing that? I hadn’t heard that. 😳
He did. Frankly I can’t remember who hold me, I had intimate ties to the team at the time. I’m sure @DJackson10 sources could elaborate. 😂

WTF this is horrendous

Not trying to defend Chip, at all. But the stuff Shady and Djax were talking about wasn’t overt racism- although it would not surprise me if he were really racist.

He definitely did not relate well to black players, and was culturally “tone-deaf” and really, really inappropriate. He also came across as a complete coward- not willing to confront star players directly, sending interns to go talk to position coaches about stuff. And he was a bully with control issues- he didn’t have a problem telling Carmichael to “cut his hair” because he was a borderline player to make the cut.

The stuff with Djax was deplorable- as was the way he traded Shady. Good riddance to bad garbage.
I’m more so talking the comment sections on social media to stay away from.

Chip was terrible non the less even SF players complained about him

At first I thought 25/10 were coming across a little immature recounting their first meeting of Chip (which let's be honest, they were at the time), but that quickly swung to Chip was an a-hole. It's a shame, because Chip had some good ideas and was ahead of the times, like the sports science. And I recall him saying the right things that a good leader should do, like explaining to players why he wants certain things. He was also supposed to be an aggressive risk taker and innovator, but it turned out he was none of those things.

Terrible at communicating, he coached games like every other coach before Doug, and his offense became stale overnight. All of this we already knew in the aftermath, but had no idea just how bad he really was until this podcast. Dude is just flat out terrible, both at leading and life. Good riddance. Be shocked if he's ever in the NFL again, especially after this.

Also I want to know what DJax said at the end that they bleeped out. :pokey:
The not letting shady go to a funeral hit close to home for me. I have a boss who did that to me and one other employee. So that got me going already

Interesting little tidbit in that podcast. It sounds like after chip traded shady, he tried to trade BG but Lurie stepped in and said that’s enough and wouldn’t let him do it. What a disaster that guy was.
That was kind of reported here and think people forgot. I think Deranged hermit said it to us that he heard from his buddy or something.

WTF this is horrendous

How Elliot shorr parks is employed after that ******** I don’t know. Well I do because WIP employees a lot of clowns just like him. More shocked with Eskin’s pull at the station and working for the Eagles he’d let this guy work there. ESP is lucky he didn’t get sued by DJac for defamation which from people I remember talking to them said could’ve happened. Jackson talked how it almost ruined his career but didn’t want to speak on the matter other then what Drew Rosenhaus told him to say, because he didn’t want it to effect his career further. You could tell it really hurt Lurie though with how he welcomed him back.

Did JP ever actually admit he was doing that? I hadn’t heard that. 😳
He did. Frankly I can’t remember who hold me, I had intimate ties to the team at the time. I’m sure @DJackson10 sources could elaborate. 😂
Keep it 100% to football and not little slaps at other posters.

Also it’d be cool to get some words from Kelce, BG and others who were here through the entire Kelly regime into the Doug. Lurie made the call to fire Kelly after he didn’t go for it on 4th down in a MNF or SNT game vs Was we were getting embarassed in but still could’ve fought. Lurie saw Peters quit and I believe JP even said “F this sh**, I done.” And sat there and told his back up to go in. Lurie knew that was the end right there. I think he wanted to fire Chip the prior offseason but pr wise couldn’t justify it to the fans considering their record

Justin Fields and Nick Foles didn’t speak to each other in chicago toxic qb room

Eagles didn’t try to even go after Justin field as Foles was on the 21 bears when fields was drafted. Fields was disinterested and Foles stopped trying to help along with Andy dalton.

Awhile back in the offseason I talked to someone on the rumored Fields to Philly stuff. They laughed and mentioned how Howie called Foles to ask his opinion of JF and this was the first time he’s ever heard of Foles ripping a former or current teammate so much. Howie asked if there was similiar it’s to what went on with Wentz here. Foles apparently said no. At least with Wentz the right coaching you could’ve gotten him right again and he seemed to like tougher couching. Fields apparently had zero interest getting better.

Source said it was pretty earth shattering hearing Foles talk so poorly on a teammate but he celar incredible disrespected by Fields. This might be an absolute sh** show in Pittsburgh to watch this season with Wilson and Fields there now

Schedule release is tomorrow! Last year we only had three 1pm games all season with 6 "prime time" games. We can probably expect more of the same this year.
I don't want a Christmas game. I think I'm gonna boycott those this year.

And yeah, there will be a ton of late games b/c we get pretty big ratings.

Rumor the game out in LA will be 10/13

Schedule release is tomorrow! Last year we only had three 1pm games all season with 6 "prime time" games. We can probably expect more of the same this year.
I don't want a Christmas game. I think I'm gonna boycott those this year.

And yeah, there will be a ton of late games b/c we get pretty big ratings.

Rumor the game out in LA will be 10/13
Yeah my buddy David Malandra reported that. He works for a blog covering PSU and has a few sources at fox and other locations who want the Eagles Rams game same weekend as PSU being out there for USC.

If I’m still at this current job I really hope we get more prime time games

Some schedule rumors so far.

Barkley’s first game back to NYG is rumored for an MNF slate but no word on week

Home game vs Dal SNF last 12 yrs SNF has gotten at least 1 Philly vs Dal game

all international games will be released this morning. I doubt the Eagles have any other then Brazil on that slate.

Other rumors

Eagles at Bengals - Week 8 4:25 ET

Eagles will be on MNF at Home week 2

And the last many of us know already is Fox was Eagles @ Rams same week as PSU @ USC which puts that at Week 6

We’ll see how much of this is true it’s from liberty ballers

BREAKING: #Eagles 2024 schedule, sources tell @LibertyLinePHL:

Week 1: vs Packers 8:15 (Brazil)
Week 2: vs Falcons 8:15 (MNF)
Week 3: at Saints 1:00
Week 4: at Bucs 1:00
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: vs Browns 1:00
Week 7: at Giants (1:00)
Week 8: at Bengals 4:25
Week 9: vs Jaguars 8:20 (SNF)
Week 10: at Cowboys 4:25
Week 11: Commanders 8:15 (TNF)
Week 12: at Rams (SNF)
Week 13: at Ravens 4:25
Week 14: vs Panthers 1:00
Week 15: vs Steelers 4:25
Week 16: at Commanders 1:00
Week 17: vs Cowboys 4:25
Week 18: vs Giants (TBD)

hate the early bye week

also wish there was someplace to voice opinions on the overseas games. i think they are dumb and would like to never see any of them again. hate it for our fans here and for the players that are forced to travel to play in front of 80% fake fans so the league can make more money.

hate the early bye week

also wish there was someplace to voice opinions on the overseas games. i think they are dumb and would like to never see any of them again. hate it for our fans here and for the players that are forced to travel to play in front of 80% fake fans so the league can make more money.
I actually don’t mind them at all. The only thing maybe fans would get into is if they were preseason games instead. I’m up early anyway that time of year until end of may for to watch soccer if I’m not at work that early

Eagles don’t play Christmas

Christmas Day will bring two more NFL games in 2024.
The league's Wednesday doubleheader will feature the Kansas City Chiefs heading to Pittsburgh to face the Steelers in the day's first matchup, followed by the Baltimore Ravens taking on the Texans in Houston for the second game.
Both games will be streamed exclusively on Netflixfor the first time ever.
All four teams made the postseason last year, with the Ravens and Texans meeting in the divisional round in Baltimore, (a 34-10 Ravens win).
For many years, the NFL avoided scheduling Christmas games, but that has changed dramatically, especially in recent seasons. This will be the fourth straight season with at least one game on Dec. 25 and three straight with multiple games, including last year's Christmas tripleheader.

Per nfl.com

hate the early bye week

I actually don’t mind them at all. The only thing maybe fans would get into is if they were preseason games instead. I’m up early anyway that time of year until end of may for to watch soccer if I’m not at work that early

it doesnt bother you that one of our home games vs a good nfc opponent is taking place in south America? it bothers the hell out of me and i dont have any skin in the game.

hate the early bye week

it doesnt bother you that one of our home games vs a good nfc opponent is taking place in south America? it bothers the hell out of me and i dont have any skin in the game.

I mean it’s kind of cool to play in another country. Also I’m not a season ticket holder so no I got no skin in that game. No point of complaining when we’ve known the nfl is doing this every year.

Jeff Mclane of the Inquirer reports the Eagles will play at the Buccaneers on Sept. 29 in Week 4 of the coming season.

The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m.

Jeff Mclane of the Inquirer reports the Eagles will play at the Buccaneers on Sept. 29 in Week 4 of the coming season.

The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m.

Art Stapleton of nj jersey week 7 Oct 20 @NYG

OFFICIAL NOW:

Week 1: vs Packers 8:15 (Brazil)
Week 2: vs Falcons 8:15 (MNF)
Week 3: at Saints 1:00
Week 4: at Bucs 1:00
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: vs Browns 1:00
Week 7: at Giants (1:00)
Week 8: at Bengals 4:25
Week 9: vs Jaguars 8:20 (SNF)
Week 10: at Cowboys 4:25
Week 11: Commanders 8:15 (TNF)
Week 12: at Rams (SNF)
Week 13: at Ravens 4:25
Week 14: vs Panthers 1:00
Week 15: vs Steelers 4:25
Week 16: at Commanders 1:00
Week 17: vs Cowboys 4:25
Week 18: vs Giants (TBD)

Two Monday Night Games
One Thursday Night Game
One Friday Night Game
One Sunday Night Game

Would have been wild if we got one of the Wednesday Christmas games too.

My Thoughts/Discoveries:

- Love the home stretch at the end when we might be the most banged up.

- The team doesn't have to step on a plane for the final 6 weeks from November 24th on (Assuming the don't fly to Washington or Baltimore)

- Early Bye week sucks. The plus side is, it's right after a LOT of travel (@Brazil, @Philly, @New Orleans, @Tampa). We need to be 3-1 heading into the Bye.

- 2 Monday Night Games, 1 Thursday Night Game, 1 Friday Night Game, 1 Sunday Night Game. Would have been wild if we got one of the Wednesday Xmas games too.

- Strange run of Start Times: Start year with TWO 8:15pm games, followed by FOUR 1:00pm games, followed by the next SIX games being 4pm/8pm starts. I think this is a good thing?

- Final 5 weeks are against 3 to 4 teams that are likely not in the playoff race/not playing for anything (CAR, PIT, WAS, DAL, NYG). Of course this could change, but would be nice.

- Just went through it all and we play 0 teams coming off of a Bye or a Thurs game! This is awesome, and a big change from the last couple years. The only team we play that is on short rest is the Ravens (coming off Monday Nighter).

Overall it's pretty solid.

We play the Steelers on my GFs birthday. Never been to a game (navy beat moved around but dads family is from here) so would be a cool gift to get her. Tickets right now are almost $300 so I’ll keep checking and see if maybe my uncle can give me the 2 extras for that.

Would love to give her the full experience with the tailgate too.

Users who are viewing this thread