What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - DeVante Parker joins Kelce and Fletch as beloved Eagles that retired this offseason. (11 Viewers)

We got a young LB!!!

• LB Devin White is signing a one-year deal that is worth up to $7.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. 26yrs old
Eagles' fans are pretty smart. You're going to hate him. The occasional sack doesn't make up for the incredible lack of instincts and constant coverage gaffes.

There's a reason he's only signing a one year deal. Maybe he "proves it" for you guys? I wouldn't hold my breath.
He's the proverbial chocken with his head cut off. He's a great athlete, who probably would struggle to cover me. Zero instincts. He should probably bulk up and play DE.

Nakobe Dean is a lot better than Devin White.

KJ Britt was instantly a huge upgrade over White in TB. If Devin White were a day 3 pick instead of 5th overall, I think he'd be covering kickoffs.
His draft pedigree and ability to make the splash play carries him. He absolutely does not make the right play when you need it. Good OC’s identify and exploit him immediately.

Love what he did for the Bucs during their run. That player disappeared. Again, maybe this process humbled him and he can get back to playing fast? Send him after the QB. Ask him to cover and you’re asking for trouble.

We got a young LB!!!

• LB Devin White is signing a one-year deal that is worth up to $7.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. 26yrs old
Eagles' fans are pretty smart. You're going to hate him. The occasional sack doesn't make up for the incredible lack of instincts and constant coverage gaffes.

There's a reason he's only signing a one year deal. Maybe he "proves it" for you guys? I wouldn't hold my breath.
Did you see our LB last year?

We got a young LB!!!

Sorry. I know it’s an exciting time. Best of luck to the Eagles and DW45.

Sorry the Packers got better this year. Maybe when they bounce you next year, you can blame MVP voters. Now, go get your shinebox!
I never blame anyone for Dallas losing except Dallas.

Congrats on winning March to you too friend! 🎉
Well, since it's only March- I'll celebrate winning March. In September, I imagine I'll love celebrating winning September, too. And in October... should I keep going?

Too bad your calendar always stops at December.
Such a weird flex "Hey good job signing a bunch of Free Agents that should help your roster this year!"

#DreamTeam coming in 3...2....1
No ones flexing. I posted a link that the eagles may have broken the rules. First comment is “sorry Dallas isn’t signing anyone”. That’s weird

I state that the eagles “won march last year also but couldn’t even win the division”. First comment is “the packers got better” and “blame the mvp voters next year” which didn’t even make sense

That’s weird

We got a young LB!!!

Seriously, people think he's replacing Roquan Smith or Fred Warner. Our linebackers were Nic Morrow and Zach Cunningham. And @travdogg Nakobe Dean doesn't have the size to play LB in the NFL. He'll never stay healthy.

We got a young LB!!!

I admittedly do not know the Eagles linebackers well but if you are looking for a coverage upgrade here I can promise you that you are not going to get it. Maybe Fangio can bring him off the edge. He has talent blitzing.

We got a young LB!!!

Seriously, people think he's replacing Roquan Smith or Fred Warner. Our linebackers were Nic Morrow and Zach Cunningham. And @travdogg Nakobe Dean doesn't have the size to play LB in the NFL. He'll never stay healthy.
Morrow and Cunningham are better than White, so is broken down Shaq Leonard. I really can't stress enough how bad White is. He has the worst instincts I've seen from a LB. Many high school LBs have better play recognition, and he's a liability in coverage regardless of who he's covering. Most backup TEs will get open at will against him. Frankly, he's not even that great of a pass rusher, he was during the Super Bowl run, but it's been diminishing returns since.

Dean is undersized sure, but he's a good tackler and has good instincts. Maybe he'll never stay healthy, but I'll take an injury prone player with that does some things well over a guy who sucks but stays healthy any day.

No Eagles hate here, I think you guys are the favorites in the division, I'd be saying this regardless of where White signed. I'm just glad the Bears didn't sign him, but thankfully they went LB last year, thanks for TJ Edwards by the way, he's really good, and probably someone the Eagles should have fought harder to keep.

We got a young LB!!!

Morrow and Cunningham are better than White, so is broken down Shaq Leonard. I really can't stress enough how bad White is. He has the worst instincts I've seen from a LB. Many high school LBs have better play recognition, and he's a liability in coverage regardless of who he's covering. Most backup TEs will get open at will against him. Frankly, he's not even that great of a pass rusher, he was during the Super Bowl run, but it's been diminishing returns since.

Dean is undersized sure, but he's a good tackler and has good instincts. Maybe he'll never stay healthy, but I'll take an injury prone player with that does some things well over a guy who sucks but stays healthy any day.

No Eagles hate here, I think you guys are the favorites in the division, I'd be saying this regardless of where White signed. I'm just glad the Bears didn't sign him, but thankfully they went LB last year, thanks for TJ Edwards by the way, he's really good, and probably someone the Eagles should have fought harder to keep.

The Eagles drafted Nakobe Dean. He'll never stay healthy, but they had Edwards supposed replacement. The best ability if availability, if you can't stay on the field, it doesn't matter how good you are.

We got a young LB!!!

yeah, losing TJ Edwards (and Hargrave) both hurt more than I expected.

We got a young LB!!!

I mean at this point I don't see why we wouldn't take a shot on him. Yes, he looked pretty bad to you bucs fans and I'm sure you watched him way more than all of us. But I don't think Howie and Fangio are just dumb and didn't look into him a lot before pulling the trigger. Maybe they talked to him.... legally of course ;) .... maybe Fangio thinks he can use him for something. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they see something desirable in him that fans don't see.

We got a young LB!!!

He's the proverbial chocken with his head cut off. He's a great athlete, who probably would struggle to cover me. Zero instincts. He should probably bulk up and play DE.

Nakobe Dean is a lot better than Devin White.

KJ Britt was instantly a huge upgrade over White in TB. If Devin White were a day 3 pick instead of 5th overall, I think he'd be covering kickoffs.

It is telling he lasted so long in free agency. He's got serious flaws. But he worth the risk for a team with crap lbers

We got a young LB!!!

I mean at this point I don't see why we wouldn't take a shot on him. Yes, he looked pretty bad to you bucs fans and I'm sure you watched him way more than all of us. But I don't think Howie and Fangio are just dumb and didn't look into him a lot before pulling the trigger. Maybe they talked to him.... legally of course ;) .... maybe Fangio thinks he can use him for something. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they see something desirable in him that fans don't see.
Again, he can blitz! I’d use him primarily at that. Might get you 8 sacks.

We got a young LB!!!

Again, he can blitz! I’d use him primarily at that. Might get you 8 sacks.
Eh. It's only a one year deal. :wink:

We got a young LB!!!

I admittedly do not know the Eagles linebackers well but if you are looking for a coverage upgrade here I can promise you that you are not going to get it. Maybe Fangio can bring him off the edge. He has talent blitzing.

He'll have value in regards to his pass rushing....

He, right now, is the Philadelphia Eagles best linebacker.

I would guess (and hope) the White contract is only in the $2-$4M guaranteed range, with plenty of incentives needed to get anywhere hear $7.5M.

Like the White signing. If Vic didn't think he could not play in this system, we would not have signed him. Its not the solution to everything, but the guys we had last year that were starting for us were BOTH signed like at the end of the offseason. Morrow didn't even make the initial 53. Will he be great? Probably not. Will he be worse? F*** no!

We are still cooking

I like the signing too but looking harder at his play I have my doubts. That said he's better than what we have been rolling out there

Maybe he (or his people) are smart enough to realize that this MIGHT be his last chance to cash in on a meaningful contract.

A talented player in a contract year after being benched and kicked to the curb by his former team is a pretty good narrative for taking a chance on a guy.

I like the signing too but looking harder at his play I have my doubts. That said he's better than what we have been rolling out there

Maybe he (or his people) are smart enough to realize that this MIGHT be his last chance to cash in on a meaningful contract.

A talented player in a contract year after being benched and kicked to the curb by his former team is a pretty good narrative for taking a chance on a guy.

agreed. and if he sucks, he will gone quickly

Everything I've read about White, and what posters here have confirmed, makes me not thrilled at all with the signing, even as a flyer. Last thing this defense needs right now is a clueless player on the field, saw enough of that last season. Per usual, I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worse.

Just watched the CJ presser. Seems more mature, but also the same guy. Never wanted to leave. Very very excited he is back.

Also he said he's wearing #8 this year, with that "Kobe/Mamba Mentality"

Jacked.

from sportrac
In 2024, Pickett will earn a base salary of $985,000 and a roster bonus of $998,900, while carrying a cap hit of $1,983,900 and a dead cap value of $4,607,251.
so in a trade do we pick up all of that, or is the dead cap for Pitt's books this year and we only get the 1.9? or just the salary of 998K?

We just traded for Kenny Pickett!? Lol what? 🤣🤣🤣
I've done a week-to-week deep dive on Kenny Pickett this offseason, and I came away thinking some team should absolutely trade for him, as soon as Wilson was signed. Of course it'd be Philly. Awesome move, he's super underrated and a lot better than his numbers. Matt Canada made Luke Getsy look like Bill Walsh as a play caller. I came away thinking the Steelers were downgrading to Russ, and I don't hate Russ. Kellen Moore might be just the OC for Pickett's game.

Awesome move. Pickett will be a top-of-the-line backup, with lots of upside if forced into action. I also like McKee as a prospect, Philly might have the best overall QB room in the league.

I've done a week-to-week deep dive on Kenny Pickett this offseason, and I came away thinking some team should absolutely trade for him, as soon as Wilson was signed. Of course it'd be Philly. Awesome move, he's super underrated and a lot better than his numbers. Matt Canada made Luke Getsy look like Bill Walsh as a play caller. I came away thinking the Steelers were downgrading to Russ, and I don't hate Russ. Kellen Moore might be just the OC for Pickett's game.

Awesome move. Pickett will be a top-of-the-line backup, with lots of upside if forced into action. I also like McKee as a prospect, Philly might have the best overall QB room in the league.

I think you need to take a closer look. He sucks

I think you need to take a closer look. He sucks
I think pretty much any non-elite QB would have underachieved with Canada. If anything it made me appreciate Big Ben's last year a little more, knowing he had to overcome that OC obstacle.

I like the Pickett move. QB Factory is back in business!

No team gets better ROI by flipping QBs than the Philadelphia Eagles.

2 years left on his rookie deal too.

And we have a OC that can hopefully develop him some.

I like the Pickett move. QB Factory is back in business!

No team gets better ROI by flipping QBs than the Philadelphia Eagles.

2 years left on his rookie deal too.

And we have a OC that can hopefully develop him some.
Anything is possible but aside from one really exceptional year at Pitt he has not been good. I wish him well, just glad he isn't on the Steelers anymore.

Howie is being about as aggressive this off season as I expected him to be. Plenty more moves to come is my guess.

Fun times.

Users who are viewing this thread