What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - DeVante Parker joins Kelce and Fletch as beloved Eagles that retired this offseason. (12 Viewers)

So right now our RB room is:

Barkley
Gainwell
Scott
Penny

I do think we will draft a rookie to compete for the RB2/RB3 spot. I can't imagine Penny being here next year, right? They didn't give him any opportunities this year, seems like something was off there and I can't see him back. And I'm worried Scott might somehow hurt Saquon as he's a former Giant.

Might be Barkley, Rookie, Gainwell. Scott Practice Squad.

Barkley
Gainwell
Scott
Penny

I do think we will draft a rookie to compete for the RB2/RB3 spot. I can't imagine Penny being here next year, right? They didn't give him any opportunities this year, seems like something was off there and I can't see him back. And I'm worried Scott might somehow hurt Saquon as he's a former Giant.

B Scott and R Penny are free agents

Barkley
Gainwell
Scott
Penny

B Scott and R Penny are free agents
Ahhh, right. Was just looking at the depth chart. Maybe both are gone for sure then. Dallas could bring in Penny.

Eagles working on Justin A
Simmons
I really don’t want another aging safety
In Bad boy NFL news Joe Mixon is being traded to the Texans.

The Browns who seem to have no morales are now signing Jamie Winston. With Watson over there that’s gotta be a very interesting QB room for off the field reasons
Not sure how this is eagles related.
Mixon is still serving that lifetime sentence lol
This is a Pascal, JJAW type here that Sirianni seems to like. Parker has been last in the league in separation like 4 years in a row lol
Talks between the #Eagles and C. J. Gardner-Johnson have slowed down right now because both sides are “being stubborn,” a source familiar with negotiations said.
That sucks. Would have loved to have him back.

Talks between the #Eagles and C. J. Gardner-Johnson have slowed down right now because both sides are “being stubborn,” a source familiar with negotiations said.
That definitely sounds like agent-speak
I’m curious to see where he ends up though. He’s been a problem at times and had already bashed the fan base once lol
Yeah, honestly, I think he's kind of a headcase. But, man he is a talented headcase.

So, I'm willing to overcome my aversion to his personality, if it means that secondary looks waaaaaay better this year.

CJ signed.

3 for 33
don't really like that contract, seems like quite an overpay. I am guessing it's because they want him in at nickel more, which will be useful hopefully. I guess Maddox isn't coming back
I don’t think the actual numbers are close to that. Playing time incentives and other non-guaranteed things are in that 3/33 number.

CJ signed.

3 for 33
don't really like that contract, seems like quite an overpay. I am guessing it's because they want him in at nickel more, which will be useful hopefully. I guess Maddox isn't coming back

I think Isaiah Rodgers is going to be the nickel guy.
Rodgers is more likely the Bradberry replacement. He’s played outside CB almost exclusively in his career.

When can we release bradberry? I don't want to see him play anymore

found this from last March on CJGJ, this was posted from his agency as the offer he turned down before accepting Detroit's one year offer. kid did good for himself, curious on details.

the Eagles’ offer was a 3-year $24 million deal with $17 million in year 3. With the way that contract is set up, he would only earn $7 million in the first two years of the contract.

I like the Parker signing. He was typically facing #1 coverage in NE, which he's absolutely not equipped for, but as a #3 he can do some damage. I think he's an upgrade from broken down Julio, and Watkins/OZ.

The real interesting thing about the signing is that Kellen Moore is the OC now. Kellen Moore who specializes in motion, and free releases for his #1 WR (see Lamb, K. Allen the last 2 years) I think AJ Brown could be seeing some slot work with this addition, which might make him extra scary. Keep those downfield looks, but add those crossers off PA, and the RPO threat with Barkley on board, and I think AJ Brown might be primed for a career year.

I don’t think the actual numbers are close to that. Playing time incentives and other non-guaranteed things are in that 3/33 number.
Being reported it’s only $10M guaranteed.
Ya I'm curious how it's structured. I'd think his value was bigger last year than this year, so I'm not sure why we would suddenly just jack our offer up that much. Unless we are desperate and have more money to spend. Why not give him that last year?

CJ signed.

3 for 33

Rodgers is more likely the Bradberry replacement. He’s played outside CB almost exclusively in his career.

He’ll be on the team. His cap hit is brutal if they release him. Better to have him fill a spot and not play. Seriously.

But I think he’ll be better with a good DC and better talent around him.

CJ signed.

3 for 33

He’ll be on the team. His cap hit is brutal if they release him. Better to have him fill a spot and not play. Seriously.

I like your optimism but I i think he's done

Ya I'm curious how it's structured. I'd think his value was bigger last year than this year, so I'm not sure why we would suddenly just jack our offer up that much. Unless we are desperate and have more money to spend. Why not give him that last year?
i'm not sure that this offer is that much more than last year's. supposedly we offered 3/24 last year, but he thought he could do better.

i'm not sure that this offer is that much more than last year's. supposedly we offered 3/24 last year, but he thought he could do better.

Last year was 3/$24M with $17M in year 3. So it was really a 2/$7M.

CJ signed.

3 for 33

you might be right. My main point was that its a really bad cap hit-I think $9-10 million-if they cut him.

CJ signed.

3 for 33

you might be right. My main point was that its a really bad cap hit-I think $9-10 million-if they cut him.
You only get 2 post June 1 cap hits. Kelce and or Cox will be in there. Gonna be hard to see Bradberry not on the team if they can't June 1 cut him.

its crazy but i think we are going to make some more moves
Still waiting for the major trade to be announced....about as aggressive as I thought they'd be to start things out. Nice to know they aren't trying to be 100% highest bidder on everyone out there too, they are being judicious.

its crazy but i think we are going to make some more moves
Still waiting for the major trade to be announced....about as aggressive as I thought they'd be to start things out. Nice to know they aren't trying to be 100% highest bidder on everyone out there too, they are being judicious.

also happy they are being so active. they had to be embarrassed the way the season ended. they are trying to make it right

I wonder what's going on with Hassan and Sweat. I'm guessing one of them will be gone. Maybe trade Sweat and extend Reddick, which would actually free up more $$.

ETA: They are both under contract and are not really cap liabilities so getting rid of them doesn't make much sense from a financial standpoint. Have to wonder if either Fangio doesn't think they will be contributors or is it possible that one of these guys was a locker room issue at the end of the year.

I wonder what's going on with Hassan and Sweat. I'm guessing one of them will be gone. Maybe trade Sweat and extend Reddick, which would actually free up more $$.

ETA: They are both under contract and are not really cap liabilities so getting rid of them doesn't make much sense from a financial standpoint. Have to wonder if either Fangio doesn't think they will be contributors or is it possible that one of these guys was a locker room issue at the end of the year.

both of them might have been. if thats the case, get something for them and move on. its a new day. sweat more than reddick. he was MIA for large parts of the year

Users who are viewing this thread