What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - DeVante Parker joins Kelce and Fletch as beloved Eagles that retired this offseason. (16 Viewers)

Eagles giving Haason Reddick permission to seek a trade.

Well. That sucks.

They did the same thing with Slay last year before bringing him back.

I would like to see analytics for how well undersized speed rushers age. He turns 30 in September so at some point, he's going to start slowing down.

Could argue he already is

He's one of the older guys I wouldn't be upset if they brought back at the right price, but I think they should just do an old guy purge and let anyone over the age of 27 go or allow their contracts to just run out going forward. I don't want to re-sign any of them. Time to move on from the old guard and get a new identity for this team.

How well does Reddick fit into the Fangio scheme?

From the look of his production the last two seasons...pretty good.
😂 I meant more the OG Fangio scheme, not the Gannon/Desai knockoff bootleg Gucci handbag with the “Goochi” label.

Doesn’t he historically like to run a 3-4, rather than a 4-3? And didn’t Reddick suffer in a 3-4, which was why we got him so cheap?

Might be why he wants a trade as welll

How well does Reddick fit into the Fangio scheme?

From the look of his production the last two seasons...pretty good.
😂 I meant more the OG Fangio scheme, not the Gannon/Desai knockoff bootleg Gucci handbag with the “Goochi” label.

Doesn’t he historically like to run a 3-4, rather than a 4-3? And didn’t Reddick suffer in a 3-4, which was why we got him so cheap?
There’s really no 3-4 or 4-3 since most teams run some sort of nickel base like 3-3-5 or 3-2-6. Fangio has a hybrid 3-4/4-3 scheme depending on personnel and we have no where near that for 3-4 scheme

So it sounds like Reddick is seeking a big pay day and I’m wondering if eagles are simple seeing if they can get anything worth their while instead of extending him

Eagles giving Haason Reddick permission to seek a trade.

Well. That sucks.

They did the same thing with Slay last year before bringing him back.

I would like to see analytics for how well undersized speed rushers age. He turns 30 in September so at some point, he's going to start slowing down.

Could argue he already is
Yeah I don’t know what the numbers say, but didn’t really feel him that much watching the games

After the way the Eagles season ended this year, Cox needs to keep the Niners out of his head IMO. Pretty sad move to post anything about them immediately after the game tonight.
Nah these guys kind of deserve it no matter how our season went. If you want to talk better back it up or it’ll be thrown right back at ya. Samuel made comments about the Eagles during media day. They just can’t stop talking about them

Kyle Shanahan most overrated and big game choke in Football. He’s now lost 3 SBs when leading by 10 at halftime
Agree with you on this one. I feel like he choked tonight.
To be fair SF was lucky all playoffs. KC plays to what they are capable of and this game gets nowhere close to OT.
Don’t want to kick someone when they are down but I agree here. Packets don’t run prevent defense 49ers lose 1st game of the playoffs. We all know the Lions game was pooped away by Lions after being up a ton then simply imploding.

So it sounds like Reddick is seeking a big pay day and I’m wondering if eagles are simple seeing if they can get anything worth their while instead of extending him

They did the same thing with Slay last season and he ended up coming back. Reddick has more in the tank though so he'll probably find a team willing to pay him what he wants.

Kyle Shanahan most overrated and big game choke in Football. He’s now lost 3 SBs when leading by 10 at halftime
They weren’t up 10 yesterday and if I’m being fair, I can’t recall any major thing he could have done better. Maybe running on the 3rd and 4 late? Spags and the KC D were just flat out amazing this playoffs

RIP Bozo

Anyway, on to the draft talk!

OT with our first round pick is a lock. Then think they are targeting DB, TE, and yes even LB with the two 2nd round picks.

To be fair SF was lucky all playoffs. KC plays to what they are capable of and this game gets nowhere close to OT.
Don’t want to kick someone when they are down but I agree here. Packets don’t run prevent defense 49ers lose 1st game of the playoffs. We all know the Lions game was pooped away by Lions after being up a ton then simply imploding.
Yep they were but the media kept acting like they were some unstoppable force, yet forgot how they struggled to get there. Half the critics wrote them off earlier in the year then started swinging on their nuts after they beat us

RIP Bozo

Anyway, on to the draft talk!

OT with our first round pick is a lock. Then think they are targeting DB, TE, and yes even LB with the two 2nd round picks.
I could see a WR for the Slot in there. Probably not what people want but at the same time Zaccheus was grossly under utilized

I never realized how underpaid Reddick was. The top EDGE contracts in NFL (AAV) :

• Nick Bosa: $34M
• TJ Watt: $28M
• Joey Bosa: $27M
• Myles Garrett: $25M
• Khalil Mack: $23.5M
• Maxx Crosby: $23.5M

You’d have to think he wants 25’ish per year. I don’t know how that’ll work with Smith and Dickerson coming up soon too.

49ers didn’t know OT rules just terrible prep by coaches

Ari Meirov

@MySportsUpdate

Multiple #49ers players said after the game that they were not aware of the new overtime rules. The #Chiefs, on the other hand, have been planning for this scenario, and DT Chris Jones said they were going to go for two had San Francisco scored a TD, per @bylindsayhjones.…

Lindsay Jones at The Ringer:

The Chiefs’ overtime plan worked out exactly how they had hoped—and it wasn’t by accident. Kansas City safety Justin Reid told The Ringer that the Chiefs had first discussed the new overtime rules as far back as training camp. Defensive lineman Chris Jones told me players were prepared for what to expect if the Super Bowl went to overtime.
“We talked through this for two weeks,” Jones said. “How we was going to give the ball to the opponent; if they scored, we was going for two at the end of the game. We rehearsed it.”
The 49ers did not do the same. Multiple San Francisco players said after the game that they were not aware that the overtime rules are different in the playoffs than they are in the regular season, and strategy discussions over how to handle the overtime period did not occur as a team. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead said he learned the details of the postseason rule when it was shown on the Allegiant Stadium jumbotron during a TV timeout after regulation. Fullback Kyle Juszczyk said he assumed the 49ers asked to receive when they won the toss because that’s what you do in the regular season, when a touchdown wins the game. “I guess that’s not the case. I don’t really know the strategy,” Juszczyk said.

So I have been thinking a bit today, if the chiefs team that played last night in the Super Bowl was the team the Eagles faced in the SB the year before, would the result have been different?

Chiefs certainly didn’t look like the best we have ever seen, and I think the Eagles offense last SB was better than the 49ers offense this year (just comparing the SB performances), so would the result have been different?

So I have been thinking a bit today, if the chiefs team that played last night in the Super Bowl was the team the Eagles faced in the SB the year before, would the result have been different?

Chiefs certainly didn’t look like the best we have ever seen, and I think the Eagles offense last SB was better than the 49ers offense this year (just comparing the SB performances), so would the result have been different?

Thought about that last night myself. I think the Eagles win in that scenario.

KCs defense held their own last night. Despite the offensive struggles the D played great and the one TD on the truck play dhouldve been illegal man downfield on SF anyway. Outside a few drives SF offense did very little.

Have to also remember SF has a way better defebse then us. KC didn’t play their best offensively last year in the 1st half and still put up almost 40

KCs defense held their own last night. Despite the offensive struggles the D played great and the one TD on the truck play dhouldve been illegal man downfield on SF anyway. Outside a few drives SF offense did very little.

Have to also remember SF has a way better defebse then us. KC didn’t play their best offensively last year in the 1st half and still put up almost 40

Exactly. SF's defense is good.

I will say this, the field conditions were much better last night than in last years game. Both teams were on ice skates last year.

Exactly. SF's defense is good.

I will say this, the field conditions were much better last night than in last years game. Both teams were on ice skates last year.

kc seemed way more prepared for that field than we were. still makes me mad. totally took away our pass rush which killed the entire defense

It’s probably not fair, but seeing the Chiefs do what they do under Reid makes me think a bit less of McNabb. He had physical talent (until he didn’t anymore) but his game situation awareness, performance under pressure and leadership were nowhere near that of Mahomes.

I thought it was pretty accepted that Reid’s scheme didn’t fit McNabb’s skill set. McNabb’s career was essential trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Reid and Mahomes are a match made in Heaven.

McNabb was not the guy to chunk it 40+ times a game, Mahomes is.

It’s probably not fair, but seeing the Chiefs do what they do under Reid makes me think a bit less of McNabb. He had physical talent (until he didn’t anymore) but his game situation awareness, performance under pressure and leadership were nowhere near that of Mahomes.

I thought it was pretty accepted that Reid’s scheme didn’t fit McNabb’s skill set. McNabb’s career was essential trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Pretty much Reid didn’t have gfe personel for his system

Pretty much Reid didn’t have gfe personel for his system
i also think we are discounting Reid's growth over the years as a head coach. the head coach he is today is definitely better than the coach he was back then. his clock mgmt alone is miles ahead than it was back then

definitely better than the coach he was back then
The game has also changed a lot since he was here as well. I never thought it McNabb as a great QB but he played in a different era rules wise than Mahomes and Reid are playing in today. Mahomes is a far superior passer as well. Reid has always been amazing at getting the best from his QB’s, IMO this is the best version of Mahomes you’d ever see because of Reid.

It’s also overstated how letting Reid go was this bad idea but outsiders. Those of us who follow the team closely knew it needed to be done for both sides and even with that said, it’s worked out for us.

14 years with Andy
130-93-1 (.583)
9 playoffs (64%)
7 DP (50%)
5 CG (36%)
1 SB (7%)
0 titles (0%)

11 years since Andy
102-76-1 (.573)
7 playoffs (64%)
3 DP (27%)
2 CG (18%)
2 SB (18%)
1 title (9%)

It’s also overstated how letting Reid go was this bad idea but outsiders. Those of us who follow the team closely knew it needed to be done for both sides and even with that said, it’s worked out for us.

14 years with Andy
130-93-1 (.583)
9 playoffs (64%)
7 DP (50%)
5 CG (36%)
1 SB (7%)
0 titles (0%)

11 years since Andy
102-76-1 (.573)
7 playoffs (64%)
3 DP (27%)
2 CG (18%)
2 SB (18%)
1 title (9%)
The biggest difference is that we were 1-4 in NFCCGs with Andy but 2-0 since. He got outcoached in many of those losses, and that seems to happen a lot less often for him now.

14 years with Andy
130-93-1 (.583)
9 playoffs (64%)
7 DP (50%)
5 CG (36%)
1 SB (7%)
0 titles (0%)

11 years since Andy
102-76-1 (.573)
7 playoffs (64%)
3 DP (27%)
2 CG (18%)
2 SB (18%)
1 title (9%)
The biggest difference is that we were 1-4 in NFCCGs with Andy but 2-0 since. He got outcoached in many of those losses, and that seems to happen a lot less often for him now.
The biggest difference was the talent.

Yeah. He had a lesser QB than McNabb with lesser WR's and TE than any of those teams before TO got there. Kelce + Rice alone are 100x better than Torrance Small, Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Freddie Mitchell, etc etc.

The Reid/Mahomes relationship is mutually beneficial to become a SB champion. The same couldn’t be said for Reid/McNabb.

14 years with Andy
130-93-1 (.583)
9 playoffs (64%)
7 DP (50%)
5 CG (36%)
1 SB (7%)
0 titles (0%)

11 years since Andy
102-76-1 (.573)
7 playoffs (64%)
3 DP (27%)
2 CG (18%)
2 SB (18%)
1 title (9%)
Yeah losing 4 conference championship.games might make you focus a little more

Users who are viewing this thread