What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - PM me if you’re interested in joining my Eagles minority stake ownership group. (23 Viewers)

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

Both Eagles GM Howie Roseman and HC Nick Sirianni have been reaching out to available NFL coaches and coordinators, as well as coaching agents across the league to evaluate potential coordinator candidates to join their coaching staff as they plan for the 2024 season.

Her very next tweet lol. Gotta make sure you cover your *** lol
Haha ya, sounds like the meeting was not possible today because of logistical issues.

Nick is pulling a Costanza!

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

Both Eagles GM Howie Roseman and HC Nick Sirianni have been reaching out to available NFL coaches and coordinators, as well as coaching agents across the league to evaluate potential coordinator candidates to join their coaching staff as they plan for the 2024 season.

Haha ya, sounds like the meeting was not possible today because of logistical issues.

No matter the outcome he should just show up to work.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

Coach Sirianni, it has come to my attention that you exposed your QB to multiple blitzes, and never adjusted the entire game. Is that true?

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell ya. I gotta plead ignorance on this one.

They need to hire a tackling consultant. Bring in someone like Ray Lewis or Urlacher to teach these guys that giving the opponent a light hug won’t bring them down to the ground.

Last edited:
Eagles tackling reminds me of a hardcore/punk song.

I'm parting the sea
Between brightness and me
Before I drown myself
And everyone in everything
I've got my hands behind my back
With two fingers overlapped . . .

If action speaks louder than words
I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard
I'll be that ringing in your ears
That'll stick around for years

They need to hire a tackling consultant. Bring in someone like Ray Lewis or Urlacher to teach these guys that giving the opponent a light hug won’t bring them down to the ground.
Ray Lewis on the Manningcast was there for the one TD where Bradberry and Byard both waved their arms at Palmer. He was upset at how bad it was.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

So if this is the path and Nick will not call plays I feel like we need a lifer OC type.

I’m gonna preface this by saying I don’t care what these guys looked like as HC’s. Some guys can’t handle that responsibility and are better coordinators.

For OC I’d take:

1. Arthur Smith- 10th in pre snap motion, seems to be willing to run the ball and uses a lot of play action. Did very well with Tennessee as OC and I think we interviewed him for a HC spot so maybe there’s interest.

2. Shane Waldron- seemed to really do well in Seattle, ranked 7th in motion, however, he may be a one and done guy or maybe he replaces Nick. Also coached for the Rams for a while as well and has good experience.

3. Klint Kubiak- currently SF’s pass game coordinator but also has some OC experience. SF is 3rd in motion as well. Same type of issues with Waldon (could be one and done) but less experience.

4. Eric Bienemy- Seems like an OC lifer for sure. A little pass heavy but we have weapons. Not a real fan of his lack of motion but maybe we don’t motion cause Hurts isn’t comfortable with it. Plenty of OC experience here.

5. Frank Reich/ Ben McAdoo- going with a combo here. I don’t know what Reich has left or even if he’d work under his protégée but I love his experience and knowledge. McAdoo also has some good experience and while it all went to hell in Carolina, he’s produced top offenses before and we may have the most talent he’s worked with.

Honorable mention would be Alex Van Pelt. Kind of shocking they’d fire him given the obstacles he overcame in Cleveland.

DC list seems more fun and littered with experience. I don’t think they need much detail with some of these names.

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

Mainly need experience here. Not the biggest Frazier fan but we need stability on that side of the ball. Ejiro Evero intrigues me but don’t want both coordinators from Carolina lol

Honorable mentions would be Dennard Wilson and Jesse Minter. Probably Minter over Wilson because he’s been a DC. I really want someone who’s called plays before.

Article in Philly today where Slay indicates he and others were really disappointed that Dennard Wilson was let go before this season. Slay said he would have preferred Wilson as D coordinator but that Wilson would have helped a lot even if he had been allowed to stay on as defensive backs coach. Given that Nick fired Wilson it would be pretty surprising to see him return to the team as D coordinator.

I'd rather not have Martindale, he has pretty quickly worn out his welcome for the last couple of teams he has coached.

Ray Lewis on the Manningcast was there for the one TD where Bradberry and Byard both waved their arms at Palmer. He was upset at how bad it was.

It was so hard to watch the poor tackling all season. It's different than bad reads or dropped passes. Tackling has so much to do with effort. Seeing professional players not give full effort is tough to watch .

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

So if this is the path and Nick will not call plays I feel like we need a lifer OC type.

I’m gonna preface this by saying I don’t care what these guys looked like as HC’s. Some guys can’t handle that responsibility and are better coordinators.

For OC I’d take:

1. Arthur Smith- 10th in pre snap motion, seems to be willing to run the ball and uses a lot of play action. Did very well with Tennessee as OC and I think we interviewed him for a HC spot so maybe there’s interest.

2. Shane Waldron- seemed to really do well in Seattle, ranked 7th in motion, however, he may be a one and done guy or maybe he replaces Nick. Also coached for the Rams for a while as well and has good experience.

3. Klint Kubiak- currently SF’s pass game coordinator but also has some OC experience. SF is 3rd in motion as well. Same type of issues with Waldon (could be one and done) but less experience.

4. Eric Bienemy- Seems like an OC lifer for sure. A little pass heavy but we have weapons. Not a real fan of his lack of motion but maybe we don’t motion cause Hurts isn’t comfortable with it. Plenty of OC experience here.

5. Frank Reich/ Ben McAdoo- going with a combo here. I don’t know what Reich has left or even if he’d work under his protégée but I love his experience and knowledge. McAdoo also has some good experience and while it all went to hell in Carolina, he’s produced top offenses before and we may have the most talent he’s worked with.

Honorable mention would be Alex Van Pelt. Kind of shocking they’d fire him given the obstacles he overcame in Cleveland.

DC list seems more fun and littered with experience. I don’t think they need much detail with some of these names.

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

Mainly need experience here. Not the biggest Frazier fan but we need stability on that side of the ball. Ejiro Evero intrigues me but don’t want both coordinators from Carolina lol

Honorable mentions would be Dennard Wilson and Jesse Minter. Probably Minter over Wilson because he’s been a DC. I really want someone who’s called plays before.
I think DC is where we need to make a big splash. Not sure Rivera would be a good idea, ive never been impressed. Im a Frazier fan, I think he has been an unfortunate escape goat.

Does Ray Lewis and/or Brian Urlacher have experience coaching on how to tackle?

No idea but being two of the best linebackers of our generation and having tackled a million dudes over their careers, I’m sure guys like them (doesn’t have to be specifically one of them) would have lots of helpful tips.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

For OC I’d take:

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

I think DC is where we need to make a big splash. Not sure Rivera would be a good idea, ive never been impressed. Im a Frazier fan, I think he has been an unfortunate escape goat.

Frazier had some ups and downs to. He seemed to be ok in Buffalo before falling off and his replacement seemed to do a better job.

My main reasoning for wanting guys like these two is stability, experience, hoping a good staff follows while we get more talent on that side. You’re gonna need that in place since you’re gonna have to rebuild on that side to an extent.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

For OC I’d take:

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

Article in Philly today where Slay indicates he and others were really disappointed that Dennard Wilson was let go before this season. Slay said he would have preferred Wilson as D coordinator but that Wilson would have helped a lot even if he had been allowed to stay on as defensive backs coach. Given that Nick fired Wilson it would be pretty surprising to see him return to the team as D coordinator.

I'd rather not have Martindale, he has pretty quickly worn out his welcome for the last couple of teams he has coached.

There was also a lot of players who advocated for Duce to be OC or even HC so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

I read that a Wilson left when he wasn’t considered for the DC job and didn’t want to stay as a DB coach. Either way, he’s the last one I’d want at this time. Can’t take any chances with someone who’s never ran a unit before.

Last edited:
better get awesome coordinators. count me as disappointed siranni is coming back. i have zero confidence he can do anything on his own.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

For OC I’d take:

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

There’s was a little a lot of players who advocated for Duce to be OC or even HC so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

I read that a Wilson left when he wasn’t considered for the DC job and didn’t want to stay as a DB coach. Either way, he’s the last one I’d want at this time. Can’t take any chances with someone who’s never ran a unit before.
I really wanted Duce to be successful. My gut tells me he hasnt gotten a HC opportunity because he either wont be good at it or is a horrible interviewer. I have to believe its the former.

Brian Johnson interviewed for the Falcons HC Job, per Schefty. That's now 3 teams interviewing BJ for Head Coach. Seems good odds a team hires him this offseason.

No idea but being two of the best linebackers of our generation and having tackled a million dudes over their careers, I’m sure guys like them (doesn’t have to be specifically one of them) would have lots of helpful tips.
Imho, if your linebackers and DBs need tackling lessons at this point in their lives they’re in trouble

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

For OC I’d take:

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

I pretty much said this weeks ago. It’s why he left. He wanted the job and not sure if he was told he’d have a fair shot or not but when he didn’t he chose to leave and he ended up closer to home. Probably takes over DC role in Bal when their guy takes a HC job. The players loved and vouched for Wilson. What happened I don’t know if it was philosophy or scheme difference or what. But I know a lot of players already here were were pissed.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

For OC I’d take:

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

There’s was a little a lot of players who advocated for Duce to be OC or even HC so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

I really wanted Duce to be successful. My gut tells me he hasnt gotten a HC opportunity because he either wont be good at it or is a horrible interviewer. I have to believe its the former.
It’s how he is with players. As a person he’s great but how he coaches at times a lot of GMS aren’t fans. When I’m Det he took a lot of **** for the RB situation and Swift wanted out of Det do to it. Last I heard he wants to stay close to Carolina where he lives. His son is playing football at South Carolina too right now

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie will meet with head coach Nick Sirianni for their end of the season meeting tomorrow at the Novacare Complex.

My favorite video of Tearianni yelling at the Chiefs fans after he gets into the tunnel.
Going to be a lot of great memes the day this clown gets fired.
I don’t know why we got a jets fan in this thread trolling.
I'm a Chiefs fan.
Ya I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't know that based on your giant Chiefs logo and being named CheifD
He's really an undercover Jets fan but he does a great job of hiding it.

My favorite video of Tearianni yelling at the Chiefs fans after he gets into the tunnel.
I'm a Chiefs fan.
Ya I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't know that based on your giant Chiefs logo and being named CheifD
Well somebody was accused of being a Jets fan and those types of accusations should not be taken lightly. ;)

Imho, if your linebackers and DBs need tackling lessons at this point in their lives they’re in trouble
this

Imho, if your coaches and players need winning lessons at this point in their lives they’re in trouble

Imho, if your coaches and players need winning lessons at this point in their lives they’re in trouble
“Your players should probably be able to tackle by the time they reach this level imho”

“Yeah but Dallas sucks!!!”

I'm a Chiefs fan.
Well somebody was accused of being a Jets fan and those types of accusations should not be taken lightly. ;)
Isn’t bassnbrew a jets fan that’s who I was referring to or a Carolina fan? Either way not sure why either he’d be here

I'm a Chiefs fan.
Isn’t bassnbrew a jets fan that’s who I was referring to or a Carolina fan? Either way not sure why either he’d be here
I think he's a Chiefs fan too.

I'm a Chiefs fan.

The Eagles thread is like a car crash. You really should ignore it and move on, but you can't help glancing at the carnage.

I saw this in the interwebs.
Pro Bowl left guard Landon Dickerson told us that Tampa Bay used blitzes they hadn’t seen before and weren’t prepared for to shutdown their offense during the playoff game.

It got me thinking about Jim Johnson. Could you image what that defense would have done to our offense? Dawkins would have had a crazy stat line. Fumbles, INT's and multiple sacks. Needless to say, currently we suck and are a bottom 5 team.

Pro Bowl left guard Landon Dickerson told us that Tampa Bay used blitzes they hadn’t seen before and weren’t prepared for to shutdown their offense during the playoff game.

It got me thinking about Jim Johnson. Could you image what that defense would have done to our offense? Dawkins would have had a crazy stat line. Fumbles, INT's and multiple sacks. Needless to say, currently we suck and are a bottom 5 team.
What an indictment. Like, there's not THAT many ways to blitz. We've had the forward pass for almost 120 years. There's only 11 guys out there. What did they do that confused them? Pretend they weren't blitzing for a second? Christ.

What an indictment. Like, there's not THAT many ways to blitz. We've had the forward pass for almost 120 years. There's only 11 guys out there. What did they do that confused them? Pretend they weren't blitzing for a second? Christ.

All I saw were zero adjustments and the same 10 or so plays they call every week. Sad

All I saw were zero adjustments and the same 10 or so plays they call every week. Sad
If they had never seen it before, that means they've been sleeping through film study every week. Which is an indictment on the coaching staff. They let these guys get too lax. No one took their job seriously the 2nd half of the year except a few.

Jim Bob Cooper? That's siraanis plan? Gtfo
He's already an OC though. I'd be down for it, but the Colts could just block it. Unless we gave him an assistant HC title or something to make it a 'promotion'. But the Colts could do the same. I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread