What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - DeVante Parker joins Kelce and Fletch as beloved Eagles that retired this offseason. (14 Viewers)

If this team suffered from normal "Next Season Super Bowl loss" Blues and limped into the playoffs; I'd be fine with running Sirianni back. As it stands though, this was a historic collapse; maybe never seen before; across all facets of this team. They had a couple of opportunities after the SF/DAL roadblock to right the ship against mid teams. They didn't...and looke atrocious doing so. That's on Sirianni. I get that injuries happen (they happened to Buffalo and they won their last 7 games), drops happen (they happened to KC and they found another way to win and might have rightened their ship), cordinators sucking happens (Buf and PIt seemed to figure this out midseason and righted their ships). Either SF just mollywhopped PHI so bad they lost all interest in playing the game, Big Dom on the sidelines was such a good luck charm that when they lost them they were rudderless or once faced with adversity the culture wasn't great. I think its the third....and I lay that on Sirianni.
So cut bait after a horrible half-season? With all the other parts being exceptional?

Do you have faith that this ship will be righted?
How can anyone have faith?

I do have trust in Howie and Lurie. If it was me I would give Siriani a full year to figure it out.

Really crappy ending to a season where we end up not doing one thing well. Among all the things we do badly this is what makes me the most angry.
The coaches stubborn refusal to never go run heavy even with aj brown not playing and hurts having a broken finger was criminal.
Not making excuses, but the Bucs deployed specific 6 man run heavy fronts to get Philly out of their run game. They were daring Hurts to throw.
Did we run play-action once?
Mostly RPOs. I don’t remember Hurts being under center a whole lot.

Really crappy ending to a season where we end up not doing one thing well. Among all the things we do badly this is what makes me the most angry.
The coaches stubborn refusal to never go run heavy even with aj brown not playing and hurts having a broken finger was criminal.
Not making excuses, but the Bucs deployed specific 6 man run heavy fronts to get Philly out of their run game. They were daring Hurts to throw.
This is the best way to slow blitzes.

It did not appear to be.

@Joe Bryant but you would have.

Sorry but I think I know what I would have done. I'm saying I'm slow to fire coaches. Especially those that have shown a long track record of dominance.

Kansas City is one of the best run franchises in the league. They thought he had plenty of future left. And he did.

Sorry but I think I know what I would have done. I'm saying I'm slow to fire coaches. Especially those that have shown a long track record of dominance.

Kansas City is one of the best run franchises in the league. They thought he had plenty of future left. And he did.
But Joe you ignored everything everyone said. Andy wanted to leave as much as Lurie wanted him to go. Lurie was letting go of a good friend. He gave him basically 2 extra seasons to get right and finally it all imploded. The death of his son in the actual Eagles facilities was really the final nail. Andy didn't want to be there anymore. That whole 2012 season showed that.

It did not appear to be.
What do you mean?

But Joe you ignored everything everyone said. Andy wanted to leave as much as Lurie wanted him to go. Lurie was letting go of a good friend. He gave him basically 2 extra seasons to get right and finally it all imploded. The death of his son in the actual Eagles facilities was really the final nail. Andy didn't want to be there anymore. That whole 2012 season showed that.
AR was having massive family issues. I hate to pass judgement on anyone, but football isnt life.

AR was having massive family issues. I hate to pass judgement on anyone, but football isnt life.
And I think people forget how truly unprecedented it was to make an OL coach a DC and than go out and win 4 games.

I’m a firm believer that he wanted out and needed a change. It clear rejuvenated him.

It did not appear to be.
What do you mean?
Effective slowing the Bucs' blitzes down.

And I think people forget how truly unprecedented it was to make an OL coach a DC and than go out and win 4 games.

I’m a firm believer that he wanted out and needed a change. It clear rejuvenated him.
Yeah anyone arguing that we should have kept him beyond this point is crazy.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying if I ran the Eagles, I would not have fired Reid. People obviously can think something different than I think. But I'm pretty sure I know what I think. Thanks.

I also would have kept Belichick in New England. But that's my point. I would hang on longer than most team owners. :shrug:

I'm probably somewhat that way in real life too. Not saying it's a good thing. Just stating how I am.

Kelce and Cox with endorsements of Nick Sirianni
Other coaches Kelce endorsed before they were fired:

Doug Pederson
Chip Kelly
It's better for the vets to endorse the guy than not, right?
Of course the vets are endorsing him. He doesn't make them practice hard. They have been winning regardless.

I haven't heard a Jalen Hurts endorsement though which is telling.
But Hurts isn’t rumored to be on the hot seat so why would they even need to endorse him?

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm saying if I ran the Eagles, I would not have fired Reid. People obviously can think something different than I think. But I'm pretty sure I know what I think. Thanks.
I think it's important to note though, that the Eagles and Reid did NOT part on bad terms. More importantly, Reid and the Eagles fans did not part on bad terms either. Most of us were rooting just as hard for Andy in his first SB appearance with KC as the Chiefs fans were. I was very very happy to see Andy get a title, and I was FAR from alone in that. Sometimes everyone just needs a change of scenery.

Doug Pederson
Chip Kelly
Of course the vets are endorsing him. He doesn't make them practice hard. They have been winning regardless.

But Hurts isn’t rumored to be on the hot seat so why would they even need to endorse him?
Hurts endorsing Nick Sirianni. Bad wording on my part.

I think it's important to note though, that the Eagles and Reid did NOT part on bad terms. More importantly, Reid and the Eagles fans did not part on bad terms either. Most of us were rooting just as hard for Andy in his first SB appearance with KC as the Chiefs fans were. I was very very happy to see Andy get a title, and I was FAR from alone in that. Sometimes everyone just needs a change of scenery.
💯

Eagles fans are all forever Reid fans. What his family went through during that time was unbearable for anyone.

💯

Eagles fans are all forever Reid fans. What his family went through during that time was unbearable for anyone.

Yes . He needed to and wanted to go. We wanted him gone. It worked out for everyone.

Doug Pederson
Chip Kelly

Doug Pederson
Chip Kelly

Because he should be ???

Well, if you wete to ask Fletcher Cox what he thought of the idea of firing Siri- he’d call you a clown. He absolutely went off on the media who asked him about it in today’s presser during locker clean outs. 😂

• Love
Reactions: JAA

I'm just saying Lurie didn't fire him. Reid just as much quit.

The Philadelphia Eagles head coach and general manager Howie Roseman “have been reaching out to available NFL coaches and coordinators, as well as coaching agents across the league to evaluate potential coordinator candidates to join their coaching staff as they plan for the 2024 season,” according to a report from NFL insider Dianna Russini.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

Both Eagles GM Howie Roseman and HC Nick Sirianni have been reaching out to available NFL coaches and coordinators, as well as coaching agents across the league to evaluate potential coordinator candidates to join their coaching staff as they plan for the 2024 season.

Good to hear. Theres really only 2 options here and this is one you have to look into. If you can’t attract quality coordinators Sirianni’s gonna have to go.

Just keep Stoutland and give him another raise

It did not appear to be.
What do you mean?
Effective slowing the Bucs' blitzes down.
My point was Phi didnt do any play action, so yea - not doing it means blitzes werent slowed

Doug Pederson
Chip Kelly

Doug Pederson
Chip Kelly

Because he should be ???
Daniel Jones? LMAOOOOOO GO AWAY

Our we out of cap hell next year or is that just our new norm?
It's new norm. We're never in utter cap hell, but we're never going to truly be cap rich. Thats the price of all these phantom years on the contracts. For instance, Jalen Hurts signed a 5 year extension till 2028. But the actual contract goes out to 2032... Those 4 years void, and exist purely to lessen the cap hit of the signing bonus. Every single player has 3-4 years of dummy years, that if they get cut, means we take a hit. Brandon Graham's contract is up - and I'm pretty sure that means we're taking a 5 million dollar hit for the privilege.

Our we out of cap hell next year or is that just our new norm?
I dont think we have been in cap hell under Howie, have we?
This last year was tight I believe but I think it improves from there? Kelce retirement opens up some as well unfortunately.
Not really.
Kelce's contract went to 2027 - so yea, we're not paying his base anymore, but the 6 mil for 2024, the 6 mil for 2025, the 4 mil for 2026, and the 2 for 2027 all come due. I'm sure it'll get split up to two years in a post June structure, so the 1 year, 14 million dollar contract he signed last year will save us around 1 million when he retires, because there's still 24 million in dead cap space from all the cans that were kicked down the road.

Per Jeff Skerversky

Nick Sirianni & Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie were expected to meet today to discuss the future and direction of team

#NickSirianni is expected to present his plan to fix the #Eagles which should include staff changes per #NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

“if Lurie doesn't approve of Sirianni's plan, a different outcome could result”

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

Both Eagles GM Howie Roseman and HC Nick Sirianni have been reaching out to available NFL coaches and coordinators, as well as coaching agents across the league to evaluate potential coordinator candidates to join their coaching staff as they plan for the 2024 season.
So if this is the path and Nick will not call plays I feel like we need a lifer OC type.

I’m gonna preface this by saying I don’t care what these guys looked like as HC’s. Some guys can’t handle that responsibility and are better coordinators.

For OC I’d take:

1. Arthur Smith- 10th in pre snap motion, seems to be willing to run the ball and uses a lot of play action. Did very well with Tennessee as OC and I think we interviewed him for a HC spot so maybe there’s interest.

2. Shane Waldron- seemed to really do well in Seattle, ranked 7th in motion, however, he may be a one and done guy or maybe he replaces Nick. Also coached for the Rams for a while as well and has good experience.

3. Klint Kubiak- currently SF’s pass game coordinator but also has some OC experience. SF is 3rd in motion as well. Same type of issues with Waldon (could be one and done) but less experience.

4. Eric Bienemy- Seems like an OC lifer for sure. A little pass heavy but we have weapons. Not a real fan of his lack of motion but maybe we don’t motion cause Hurts isn’t comfortable with it. Plenty of OC experience here.

5. Frank Reich/ Ben McAdoo- going with a combo here. I don’t know what Reich has left or even if he’d work under his protégée but I love his experience and knowledge. McAdoo also has some good experience and while it all went to hell in Carolina, he’s produced top offenses before and we may have the most talent he’s worked with.

Honorable mention would be Alex Van Pelt. Kind of shocking they’d fire him given the obstacles he overcame in Cleveland.

DC list seems more fun and littered with experience. I don’t think they need much detail with some of these names.

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

Mainly need experience here. Not the biggest Frazier fan but we need stability on that side of the ball. Ejiro Evero intrigues me but don’t want both coordinators from Carolina lol

Honorable mentions would be Dennard Wilson and Jesse Minter. Probably Minter over Wilson because he’s been a DC. I really want someone who’s called plays before.

Last edited:
Per Russini as well

“Though this may suggest that Nick Sirianni is safe, I’m told he has not met with owner Jeffrey Lurie, something that was not possible today because of logistical issues. Until that meeting happens, all bets are off.”
Sounds like Lurie is giving Nick a fair shot here

Nick Sirianni will meet with owner Jeffrey Lurie and will be expected to have a plan for how he is going to improve the Eagles. This will include a pitch on potential new coordinators and assistant coaches, per sources. This is why coaches around the league have been contacted.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini

So if this is the path and Nick will not call plays I feel like we need a lifer OC type.

I’m gonna preface this by saying I don’t care what these guys looked like as HC’s. Some guys can’t handle that responsibility and are better coordinators.

For OC I’d take:

1. Arthur Smith- 10th in pre snap motion, seems to be willing to run the ball and uses a lot of play action. Did very well with Tennessee as OC and I think we interviewed him for a HC spot so maybe there’s interest.

2. Shane Waldron- seemed to really do well in Seattle, ranked 7th in motion, however, he may be a one and done guy or maybe he replaces Nick. Also coached for the Rams for a while as well and has good experience.

3. Klint Kubiak- currently SF’s pass game coordinator but also has some OC experience. SF is 3rd in motion as well. Same type of issues with Waldon (could be one and done) but less experience.

4. Eric Bienemy- Seems like an OC lifer for sure. A little pass heavy but we have weapons. Not a real fan of his lack of motion but maybe we don’t motion cause Hurts isn’t comfortable with it. Plenty of OC experience here.

5. Frank Reich/ Ben McAdoo- going with a combo here. I don’t know what Reich has left or even if he’d work under his protégée but I love his experience and knowledge. McAdoo also has some good experience and while it all went to hell in Carolina, he’s produced top offenses before and we may have the most talent he’s worked with.

Honorable mention would be Alex Van Pelt. Kind of shocking they’d fire him given the obstacles he overcame in Cleveland.

DC list seems more fun and littered with experience. I don’t think they need much detail with some of these names.

1. Wink Martindale

2. Mike Zimmer

3. Ron Rivera

4. Ejiro Evero

5. Leslie Frazier

Mainly need experience here. Not the biggest Frazier fan but we need stability on that side of the ball. Ejiro Evero intrigues me but don’t want both coordinators from Carolina lol

Honorable mentions would be Dennard Wilson and Jesse Minter. Probably Minter over Wilson because he’s been a DC. I really want someone who’s called plays before.
Fun list. I think those Carolina offensive guys are smoked, but Evero did a lot through injuries.

Seems like y'all could use a DC that comes from the back-end. Carter is going to be a long term problem for the opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread