What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (1 Viewer)

Anyone bet NASCAR using online apps? I used to be a huge fan, but have barely watched over the last 3-5 years. I love the research side of legal sports betting and am giving NASCAR a whirl to see jf having skin in the game will give me a rooting interest to start watching again. From what I have read up on, spreading bets over "units" similar to NFL betting is the way to go, versus all in on any given driver. So, below is what I have bet for Sunday's Race (same dollar amount on each).

Daytona 500
Byron Top 5+200
Chevy (Manu) Win+150
Logano Top 3+400
Elliott Top 3+400
Dinger Top 3+1400
Blaney Top 5+150
Bush Top 5+135
Kezalowski Top 5+150
Johnson Top 5+850
Dinger Top 5+700
FanDuel voided their bets due to their rule that a postponed event must be started within 24-hours of the originally scheduled time, so I reapplied the money voided and spread it over more bets on DraftKings; some based on what I heard on the FX1 broadcast today. Should be fun to watch tomorrow!

Daytona 500
Byron Top 5+200
Chevy Win+150
Logano Top 3+400
Elliott Top 3+400
Dinger Top 3+1400
Blaney Top 5+150
Bush Top 5+135
Kesalowski Top 5+150
Johnson Top 5+850
Dinger Top 5+700
Truex Top 3+500
Hocevar Top 3+1800
Johnson Top 3+1200
Ragan Top 3+2200
Grala Top 3+2800
McDowell Top 3600
Larson/Byron Top 32800
So how’d you do?
Crazy, Allmendinger finishing 5th in that mess saved my day and my weekend. I had larger amounts on Byron, Chevy and him; the first 10 bets. So I ended up for the 500, which offset my UFC losses (if Dern had got the decision, I would have had a huge weekend.

Still trying to learn the how to bet NASCAR, I thought I'd try a bit different route this week. Prior to any practice or qualifying, no driver is lower than +1000 at the moment. From what I have read about NFL betting, best odds (hold) are grabbed as early as possible after they are posted, before they can be bet down. So, I avoided the chalk of Logano & Hamiln, who sit at +1000, read up a bit on history at the track, read a few articles and listened to a NASCAR betting podcast (which was excruciatingly painful to listen to). I'll likely add a few more bets this weekend as things shake out, including a manufacturer, but here is what I've bet so far. Varied amounts, most to least from top to bottom:

AtlantaOdds
Suarez TOP 5+380
Kesalowski WIN+1100
Larson WIN+1400
Elliott WIN+1200
Busch TOP 5+180
Chastain TOP 5+250
Cindric TOP 5+300
LaJoie TOP 5+500
Blaney TOP 5+140
Preece WIN+5000

Still trying to learn the how to bet NASCAR, I thought I'd try a bit different route this week. Prior to any practice or qualifying, no driver is lower than +1000 at the moment. From what I have read about NFL betting, best odds (hold) are grabbed as early as possible after they are posted, before they can be bet down. So, I avoided the chalk of Logano & Hamiln, who sit at +1000, read up a bit on history at the track, read a few articles and listened to a NASCAR betting podcast (which was excruciatingly painful to listen to). I'll likely add a few more bets this weekend as things shake out, including a manufacturer, but here is what I've bet so far. Varied amounts, most to least from top to bottom:

AtlantaOdds
Suarez TOP 5+380
Kesalowski WIN+1100
Larson WIN+1400
Elliott WIN+1200
Busch TOP 5+180
Chastain TOP 5+250
Cindric TOP 5+300
LaJoie TOP 5+500
Blaney TOP 5+140
Preece WIN+5000
Made a few more bets post qualifying. Really interesting to see the shift in the line post qualifying. By betting pre-qualifying, I got much improved odds on all but 2 drivers; with Preece jumping up to +8000 after failing inspection. He is what I have:

AtlantaOdds
Suarez TOP 5380
Kesalowski WIN1100
Larson WIN1400
Elliott WIN1200
Busch TOP 5180
Chastain TOP 5250
Cindric TOP 5300
LaJoie TOP 5500
Blaney TOP 5140
Preece WIN5000
Truax TOP 3500
Hamlin TOP 3320
Bell TOP 3 350
FORD MANU140
Gibbs WIN4000

Had Busch at +1800 for the win....bummer to be so close.
Huge Bummer!! Awaiting opening lines for Vegas to hopefully get something close to +1000 (probably no higher than +750) on his (really their) home track. Would guess Kyle will open as the favorite, with Logano and Hamlin right there.

Headstart to this week, trying to get better odds pre-qualifying:

Vegas
Odds
Toyota MANU+170
Busch WIN+1200
Busch TOP 3+350
Byron WIN+850
Byron TOP 3+250
LaJoie WIN+15000
Truax TOP 5+135
Logano TOP 5+190
Wallace TOP 5+240
Gibbs TOP 5+350
Bell TOP 5+125
Cindric TOP 5+1200

Rough week last week hitting only 1 bet and first losing weekend of the first 3. Wasn't going to bet at all, but will be on vacation the next 2 weekends in a sate that doesn't allow online betting. So, I went for a bunch of small bets for high reward potential:

PhoenixOdds
Bowman TOP 5550
Wallace TOP 5275
Byron WIN1400
Elliott TOP 3400
Hamlin TOP 3225
Blaney TOP 3250
Logano200
Preece WIN13000
LaJoie WIN15000
Dillon WIN15000
Stenhouse jr WIN25000
Burton WIN50000
Hemric WIN70000
Smith WIN50000
Gilliand WIN60000
Haley WIN80000
Kraus WIN100000
Grala TOP 58000
Grala WIN100000

End of the Xfinity race was a fun watch. Justin Allgaier blowing a tire with five laps to go and a win all but sealed up a pretty brutal way to go.

Bristol is eating up tires today. Teams have 350+ more laps to adapt to the conditions.
Was a pretty good race for the most part. Can't imagine the drivers were too happy. Not, when at one time during the race, Larson suggested they red flag it and figure it out.

Bristol is eating up tires today. Teams have 350+ more laps to adapt to the conditions.
Was a pretty good race for the most part. Can't imagine the drivers were too happy. Not, when at one time during the race, Larson suggested they red flag it and figure it out.
I missed it. But listen to Jeff Gluck and Jordan Bianchi on the Teardown, they were gushing over this race because of the tire strategy the developed and how it was driver skill and pit crews that determined the race. Set a new record for lead changes in a cup race if I remember correctly.

They were all pretty happy overall as it was them that wanted a tire more this way

Wow

Being somewhat new to really following...Larson just slammed Buescher at the end there. That obviously made a difference right?

The fight livened up what had been a pretty dull race.

NASCAR still has work to do on the short track package to improve the racing.

I was in and out of paying attention but that’s what they are working on with the softer tires right?

Yeah, that was the idea with the alternate tire compound. Maybe these will work better in a regular race where they might stay green until the softs go off. The All-Star race format had a couple of planned cautions which kind of defeated the purpose.

I was in and out of paying attention but that’s what they are working on with the softer tires right?

Yeah - I think they sorta missed in the all-star race as the softs didn't drop off enough. The challenge seems to be the sensitivity to track temperature which is really difficult to account for. In concept I think it is a great idea - anything that can get some variation in the cars and encourage side-by-side racing. I think in this race the battle where Bubba was able to stay on the lead lap and fight off Logano because his hard tires had more life at that point was a good thing

Stewart-Haas to close shop after this season?? Wow.

News rumored to be coming today about the teams future including possibly selling all four of its charters.
Dale Jr predicted on his podcast that SHR and front row would merge, that's why McDowell left. So maybe not

Stewart-Haas to close shop after this season?? Wow.

News rumored to be coming today about the teams future including possibly selling all four of its charters.

I guess Gene got tired of signing checks.

NASCAR takes a big share of media revenue leaving the teams to fight over declining sponsorship money. But the situation can't be too bad if SHR can find takers for all of their charters.

my mom loves nascar and watching races so i would always come in to the living room and should turn left turn left all excited like and my mom would normally throw a slipper at me and thats just how it was back in the day take that to the bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread