What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (6 Viewers)

I dont see one guy overriding the majority consensus about one player or another. This will be a team effort and i believe it will show on draft day .

Agreed. I wasn't suggesting AP would make the picks on his own, but that he'd have (by far) the biggest voice/influence on the group as they attempt to form consensus.
I just don't see that being different from any other team. It pretty much is that the HC has the most influence but the GM makes the final decision (apparently the power structure as is now) or the HC has the final say. It really is one of the two in the NFL.

Cody Whitehair signed. 1 yr, $2.5 million. Solid singing. Depth for sure and a candidate to start.
Is he the dude that also played center?
Yes
2nd round pick. Played mostly LG. 8 years of starting experience. Familiar with Getsy.
Conclusion:

Whitehair has started 118 games in his eight-season career. He did start a career-low 11 games in 2023 and has just three career starts a right guard. Still, he will compete. It could be with Thayer Munford if the Raiders draft a right tackle early. If not, Munford will get a start to start there. So, things are starting to clear up with the two remaining starting jobs on the offensive line.

I think Munford is interesting, but even if he wins the job at OT, we don't have a swing OT.

Dalton Wagner (UDFA last year, and already 25) and Jalen McKenzie (3rd team at 24 years old) are the backups.

We need an OT, and maybe two of them.

I think Munford is interesting, but even if he wins the job at OT, we don't have a swing OT.

Dalton Wagner (UDFA last year, and already 25) and Jalen McKenzie (3rd team at 24 years old) are the backups.

We need an OT, and maybe two of them.
FWIW Andre James said something interesting in his press conference yesterday. To paraphrase, he said he’s looking forward to who they add to the offensive line through the draft. He obviously knows something, and where they decide to draft the Olineman or men is the question.
The more I think about it, the more I like Fuaga or Latham at #13 and get the QB later.

My preference at 13: QB if they love Penix or whoever is there rom the “big 6” rookie QBs, cool. Then OL. Then CB. We either get a potential franchise QB or a projected stud at OL or CB. Good spot for us.

9 days and counting….

This is not meant to call you out, but did you watch the Huskies during the college season? If you did (or do), and don't let the noise sway what you are watching, I do not understand how you cannot walk away impressed by Penix. All the negative Penix noise can be filed under paralysis by over-anlysis.

Small sample size. Go watch more games. And TBH, I did not think he played that poorly in the title considering when you factor in the way the refs were calling the game. He showed great toughness in the pocket and proved he could stand up to a beating.

I don’t think there’s any question he has the arm and football IQ to be a starter in the NFL, it’s the injury history. He’s been healthy two years straight so let’s go! Just not at #13. Seattle worries me at #16 because his former college coach is there now but if they pass I’d love to see them trade back into the first round and take him.
Getting a starting RT and Penix would be ideal IMO.

This is not meant to call you out, but did you watch the Huskies during the college season? If you did (or do), and don't let the noise sway what you are watching, I do not understand how you cannot walk away impressed by Penix. All the negative Penix noise can be filed under paralysis by over-anlysis.

Feel free to call me out :biggrin: ... I'm the last voice anybody should listen to when it comes to prospects. I watch very little college ball...

I don’t think there’s any question he has the arm and football IQ to be a starter in the NFL, it’s the injury history. He’s been healthy two years straight so let’s go! Just not at #13. Seattle worries me at #16 because his former college coach is there now but if they pass I’d love to see them trade back into the first round and take him.
I am having difficulty seeing the Seahawks selecting a QB in RD1. If that was their intent why trade for Howell?

I am having difficulty seeing the Seahawks selecting a QB in RD1. If that was their intent why trade for Howell?
Agreed, but they are under a new regime so they’re kind of a wildcard. I see Howell as insurance same as Minshew is to the Raiders. Hopefully that’s reason enough for them to look elsewhere in the 1st round. But who knows….

Agree with the assertion that the two biggest needs from this draft are QB and OT, which also happen to be two of the deepest positions. Just need to get the picks right. Notre Dame RT looks interesting for later if they take a QB in rd 1. May be able to get that guy in rd 3 even. If they play the cards well, Raiders should be able to get multiple solid OL prospects from this draft, including one or even two immediate starters ,depending on fall of chips.

Dane's 7 round mock has the Raiders selection Terrion Arnold and then trading back up into the first for Penix.

Dane's 7 round mock has the Raiders selection Terrion Arnold and then trading back up into the first for Penix.
Is Terrion Arnold good?

Ultimately, Arnold is one of the top cornerbacks in this year's draft. A complete and well-rounded defender, there isn't much he can't do. Arnold performs best when in press man, but he has the versatility to play from off coverage and in zone, with the added versatility of playing from the slot.

less than 1 week and we know our 1st round pick.
Super excited about the many ways this draft could go for us.

We do?

Well... crap... you guys all told each other but didn't share that info with me?!
I honestly have no clue what that "know" typo was meant to be. lol

Reading all the fan sites on social media drives me nuts , i really need to just scroll on by .

The number one debate is about grabbing a QB in rd one ,whether its by moving up in the draft or at pk13. Those people dont think AOC or Minshew aka ''The Dude'' , are the answer . Heres my issue with that . How does anyone know if a rookie could step in this season and perform better than either of the guys we have . I`m assuming no matter what , the Raiders are going with AOC or the dude all season, regardless of who they draft . I understand they would be drafting for the future but the best QBs will be gone after the first 4 picks . The rest feel like a box of chocolates , who knows what you`ll get. The Raiders are a half dozen key position picks from making some real noise this season. Cant risk missing out on fortifying that Oline for years to come over a hit or miss QB. The 2 guys we have have proven they can win in this league . I dont want flash, i want substance that makes sense .

Last edited:
Reading all the fan sites on social media drives me nuts , i really need to just scroll on by .

The number one debate is about grabbing a QB in rd one ,whether its by moving up in the draft or at pk13. Those people dont think AOC or Minshew aka ''The Dude'' , are the answer . Heres my issue with that . How does anyone know if a rookie could step in this season and perform better than either of the guys we have . I`m assuming no matter what the Raiders are going with AOC or the dude all season regardless of who they draft . I understand they would be drafting for the future but the best QBs will be gone after the first 4 rds. The rest feel like a box of chocolates , who knows what you`ll get. The Raiders are a half dozen key position picks from making some real noise this season. Cant risk missing out on fortifying that Oline for years to come over a hit of miss QB. The 2 guys we have have proven they can win in this league . I dont want flash, i want substance that makes sense .
I think we’re underestimating the AOC/Minshew QB battle. I’m already mentally preparing myself for one of these guys to be the starter in 2024. Even if they draft a guy like Penix, he’s going to have to blow the coaching staff away and play so well they will have no choice but to start him. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.
My ideal draft situation unfolds by them taking the best Olineman at #13 then let Penix fall and trade up to the end of the 1st/early 2nd and take him there.

We do?

Well... crap... you guys all told each other but didn't share that info with me?!
I honestly have no clue what that "know" typo was meant to be. lol
It's cool... I forget my meds once in a while too.... mine are just for high BP but still.

I've come around to the idea of drafting Penix, but still not sold if the opportunity cost is Taliese Fuaga or JC Latham. Hopefully, whichever is the right call, the Raiders will find a way to make it.

I've come around to the idea of drafting Penix, but still not sold if the opportunity cost is Taliese Fuaga or JC Latham. Hopefully, whichever is the right call, the Raiders will find a way to make it.
If Penix is our man.... I really hope we either A) Select someone else at 13 then look to trade back into the later 1st to select him or B) Trade down from 13 and get capital and then take him later.

With his injury history alone, he is a risky proposition even if you believe he is a top tier QB in the NFL. With that extra risk, I am fine with us risking us losing out on him by trying to get more out of our picks than taking him that early at 13. If it works out, great. If not, then I am not going to cry about it (unless he goes on to have a Tom Brady career elsewhere... then I will cry).

If Penix is our man.... I really hope we either A) Select someone else at 13 then look to trade back into the later 1st to select him or B) Trade down from 13 and get capital and then take him later.

With his injury history alone, he is a risky proposition even if you believe he is a top tier QB in the NFL. With that extra risk, I am fine with us risking us losing out on him by trying to get more out of our picks than taking him that early at 13. If it works out, great. If not, then I am not going to cry about it (unless he goes on to have a Tom Brady career elsewhere... then I will cry).
With penix, OL is a PRIORITY. It already is, but it’s even more so with penix. I’m really hoping they go OL with the 1st pick and then go from there

With penix, OL is a PRIORITY. It already is, but it’s even more so with penix. I’m really hoping they go OL with the 1st pick and then go from there
Yea, that makes perfect sense assuming one of the top OL's are still there at 13 (which should be the case).

Yea, that makes perfect sense assuming one of the top OL's are still there at 13 (which should be the case).

Highly likely that one or both of the two OL at the position the Raiders need most (cornerstone RT - Fuaga or Latham) will be on the board at 13.

I am keeping a really open mind about the first two picks, and how we acquire a QB.

These mocks....they all the same. We know they aren't going to be accurate, but people still put the same players at the same slots.

Highly likely that one or both of the two OL at the position the Raiders need most (cornerstone RT - Fuaga or Latham) will be on the board at 13.
This is the correct path for the Raiders. Trade back into to first round if a QB of interest is there but don’t pass up a chance to greatly improve the extremely important o line at pick 13.

I am keeping a really open mind about the first two picks, and how we acquire a QB.

These mocks....they all the same. We know they aren't going to be accurate, but people still put the same players at the same slots.

I'm done with mocks. I swear I am. Really, I'm not reading another one. No way.
I’ll check out the one Daniel Jeremiah puts out the day before the draft. Last year it was pretty accurate, and he had the inside info to predict Cards/Texans trades.
This year, he has Penix going to the Raiders at 13 in his last two mocks. I’ll be curious to see if he sticks with that.

So many punditos now forecasting Penix to the Raiders at 13.

If they take him, I hope it's b/c they have fallen in love, and have intell that won't last, and not because they've been convinced from outside.

Users who are viewing this thread