What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (4 Viewers)

So many punditos now forecasting Penix to the Raiders at 13.

If they take him, I hope it's b/c they have fallen in love, and have intell that won't last, and not because they've been convinced from outside.
If they take a guy they wanted at 13 without reaching for him and giving up picks ,thats fine .

If they take him, I hope it's b/c they have fallen in love, and have intell that won't last, and not because they've been convinced from outside.
If they take a guy they wanted at 13 without reaching for him and giving up picks ,thats fine .
Taking the 5th QB off the board at 13 just because he is a QB IS reaching.

If Penix gets taken anywhere in the top half of the first round it's because he is a QB. I really hope they don't take him at 13 with so many players that have higher draft grades there.

I'm sure some teams like him more than othes and have him graded higher than I think he should be, but I don't see how he can be the highest graded player there when the Raiders are picking at 13.

If Penix gets taken anywhere in the top half of the first round it's because he is a QB. I really hope they don't take him at 13 with so many players that have higher draft grades there.

I'm sure some teams like him more than othes and have him graded higher than I think he should be, but I don't see how he can be the highest graded player there when the Raiders are picking at 13.
Here`s why i don't think the Raiders are moving up and trading draft picks for a QB .
The Raiders would have been way more aggressive during FA if they were going to give away their 1st and 2nd rd picks and possibly more . They have some O-line issues that need to be addressed early in the draft ...also they need a CB. I'm not sure what's left in FA but its pretty risky hoping some serious talent is still available if plan A doesn't pan out (trading up to grab a top QB).

Raiders have had a few mid round DT in for top 30 visits.

Makes me happy, guys like Mekhi Wingo and Michael Hall Jr would be interesting in round 3-5.

The big NT types, I don't even know if they draftable. You can find one in FA for peanuts every year

Lamar Jackson would like a word with you.

All you gotta do is be right. No one cares what you spent if you get QB right.
Definitelty. If you're right no one will care. Lots of people in here have complained about the Raides reaching for players over the years and I was recponding specifically to what the Raiders might do at 13. If the Raiders take Penix at 13 that is a reach and if he's great no one will care. Both can be true.

Also, Lamar Jackson was taken at the end of the first round and if I rememnber right most were praising the Ravens move to get him there.

I'm not as high on Penix as a lot of people. I don't like the opportunity cost of taking him at 13 with so many other highly rated players at other positions there. I'm not against drafting Penix, I just don't like it at 13.

Last edited:

Here`s why i don't think the Raiders are moving up and trading draft picks for a QB .
The Raiders would have been way more aggressive during FA if they were going to give away their 1st and 2nd rd picks and possibly more . They have some O-line issues that need to be addressed early in the draft ...also they need a CB. I'm not sure what's left in FA but its pretty risky hoping some serious talent is still available if plan A doesn't pan out (trading up to grab a top QB).
Daniels was on the NightCap with Shannon Sharpe and Ocho Cinco last night. Even he said as much as he wants to play for AP it’s highly unlikely they will trade up to #2 to get him. He also said he would be happy to play for whoever drafts him. So the whole Commanders group visit rubbing him the wrong way is probably way overblown.

They will draft a QB but 99% chance it’ll be somebody other than Daniels and most likely O’Connell or Minshew will begin the season as the starter.

Also, Lamar Jackson was taken at the end of the first round and if I rememnber right most were praising the Ravens move to get him there.
Right, but we drafted 15 that year and had we taken him there as QB5 (and developed him properly, always an assumption/necessary component) we'd be having much different conversations about draft needs.

Facebook was kind enough to remind me this morning that I'm an idiot.
My status this day in 2010 was that I was happy the Raiders drafted the guy I wanted.... That of course was Rolando McClain.
I doubled down on my stupidity that year and bought his jersey.
It seemed like a good pick on draft day and to be fair, the Raiders have made dozens of much worse picks.

My status this day in 2010 was that I was happy the Raiders drafted the guy I wanted.... That of course was Rolando McClain.
That was the first pick in years all the pundits praised the Raiders for making

It seemed like a good pick on draft day and to be fair, the Raiders have made dozens of much worse picks.
I liked it at the time. He seemed like a safe solid pick. :shrug:

If the Vikings outbid for McCarthy for the Chargers pick, moving down and getting a QB later is fine with me. No guarantee Denver takes a QB.

Silver lining is the Chargers not getting a stud WR. Be nice to not have one of these top WR in LA.

If the Vikings outbid for McCarthy for the Chargers pick, moving down and getting a QB later is fine with me. No guarantee Denver takes a QB.

Silver lining is the Chargers not getting a stud WR. Be nice to not have one of these top WR in LA.
Well, they did just trade for Zach so they are good

The Raiders have made a call to Washington about trading picks. Washington is set to stay and pick at #2. Patriots are also receiving calls from the Raiders and teams for their #3 pick.
Per: Mike Garafolo & Ian Rapoport.

Not read any of thread, but as long as we don't take a QB in the first (if we trade up, even worse) I'll be happy
If Jayden Daniels is as legit as most think.... I am ok, going up to get him. However, it is sounding like Washington isn't going to trade out and likely to select him.

I think Penix at 13 is a reach mostly due to injury risk.... however, my feel is that he is underrated because of that injury risk. I don't think it will be the end of the world if we take him at 13 but I would like to see us take the risk and play for more value with the risk of losing out on him. Either trading down or selecting someone else (an OT seems like a good spot there) and then trading back up into the 1st later to get him.

The Raiders have made a call to Washington about trading picks. Washington is set to stay and pick at #2. Patriots are also receiving calls from the Raiders and teams for their #3 pick.
The Athletic football podcast had Russini on, and she was pretty adamant that getting the top 3 picks to move is tough, and maybe not realistic.

And even beyond top 3, it's not easy to walk away from MHJ, Nabers, Rome.

I recommend the listen

The Boston Herald reports offers for the Patriots’ third overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft have been “laughable.”

The Patriots, per a source that spoke with the Herald about the team’s draft plans, are still waiting on a “serious” offer before they consider trading away their first round pick. New England should have a shot at one of Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, or J.J. McCarthy if the team stays put at No. 3. Jacoby Brissett, who signed with the Pats last month, would serve as something of a bridge QB option if the team invests in a blue chip quarterback prospect.

The Athletic football podcast had Russini on, and she was pretty adamant that getting the top 3 picks to move is tough, and maybe not realistic.

I recommend the listen
Do you access that through The Athletic site? (I am not a podcast guy so I dunno these new fabled tech things :lmao: )

The Boston Herald reports offers for the Patriots’ third overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft have been “laughable.”

The Patriots, per a source that spoke with the Herald about the team’s draft plans, are still waiting on a “serious” offer before they consider trading away their first round pick. New England should have a shot at one of Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, or J.J. McCarthy if the team stays put at No. 3. Jacoby Brissett, who signed with the Pats last month, would serve as something of a bridge QB option if the team invests in a blue chip quarterback prospect.
I mean, even if I was considering an offer this is exactly what I would say publicly to try to get more value out of it. :shrug:

There's magic in the air this evening
Magic in the air
The world is at her best, you know
When Raider Nation is full of love and care
The promise of excitement we can not keep at bay
After all there's only one more sleep 'til the much awaited draft day

I recommend the listen
Do you access that through The Athletic site? (I am not a podcast guy so I dunno these new fabled tech things :lmao: )

Magic in the air
We’re just one magical draft away from getting back into the playoff conversation.

That is, until after the draft is over and we’re all pissed off at the picks the Raiders made….again.

But…but…this year is different! Right? RIGHT?!?!????!!!

;)

Last edited:
Magic in the air
We’re just one magical draft away from getting back into the playoff conversation.

That is, until after the draft is over and we’re all pissed off at the picks the Raiders made….again.

But…but…this year is different! Right? RIGHT?!?!????!!!

;)
I think this is a practical group of leaders who have a defined blueprint as to what and who they want . As anyone who drafts in FF knows ,its an imperfect moving target ,and getting who you want that everyone else wants as well , is pure luck . I have guys in my league who reach every year for guys that normally would have lasted another round or more , but they wanted that player so to hell with conventional wisdom and ADPs. It seems like we`ve had a few GMs and coaches who drafted with that same mindset. If you have level headed people making obvious ADP picks we should be fine . Just pick the guys at that position of need that fit the mold of Raiders style football.

Its gonna be a long few days ...i just hope its a great few days as well .

It could be a “boring “ evening for the average Raider fan. There’s a good possibility they stay put at 13, draft the best RT and be done for the night. That doesn’t mean they didn’t try to trade up of Daniels or trade back in the end of the 1st for Penix. Just means there’s a high possibility everything fell through.

It could be a “boring “ evening for the average Raider fan. There’s a good possibility they stay put at 13, draft the best RT and be done for the night. That doesn’t mean they didn’t try to trade up of Daniels or trade back in the end of the 1st for Penix. Just means there’s a high possibility everything fell through.
This is 1000000% an acceptable and positive outcome of day 1. I wouldn’t be upset at all with this “boring” result.

That would be awesome. The trade up to get Daniels is my least favorite scenario. Taking a cb @13 is also ungood. Imho.

I'd be more than good with this if it's Fuaga. Latham, too, but I trust him a little less to become a truly elite NFL OT.

Is Munford that bad at RT? Why do I keep reading OT is a need?

He's been fine, but not elite. He could move to RG if they draft a prospectively-elite RT in Fuaga or Latham. Munford has experience playing Guard in college. One pick to upgrade two spots in the OL compared to last year. ETA - at least theoretically.

Damn, Daniel Jeremiah projecting the Iggles to trade into the Broncos' 12 spot to steal Fuaga, after the Chargers swoop Latham at 5. He has the Raiders then taking Penix at 13. If both RTs are gone, it would be hard to argue against taking Penix at 13. Eff it at that point IMO at 13, but they would need to find some OL help later to protect him - and a true speed WR or two to take advantage of his arm.

Day 2+ speed perimeter WR targets:
Rd 2-3 - Tez Walker https://www.nfl.com/prospects/devontez-walker/32005741-4c12-5280-b9cc-679bea874bd8
Rd 5-7 - Bub Means https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bub-means/32004d45-4176-3692-2c8e-4fc9349f4cc7

(Not a fan of drafting X Worthy - like Tank Dell, he won't last with that frame IMO, and unlike Tank Dell, he's going Rd 2 at latest, or so it seems.)

Also, if the Raiders do take Penix at 13, I hope they land Jackson Powers in Rd 2, who in the latest mocks/rankings seems to have fallen out of favor. JPJ looks like a future stud Guard or Center. And if they don't take OL in Rd 2, then hopefully at least a two guys later, even if developmental - this draft is deep at WR and OL, even through the mid and late rounds. Hopefully the Raiders can upgrade both for Penix should they draft him.

The reality of the Raiders situation tonight is that they are not in a sweet spot to take a quarterback at pick 13. They are, however, in a great position to take one of the top cornerbacks or offensive tackles.

One scenario that could play out for the Raiders is a trade down for an additional second-round pick.

They could still manage to get a top offensive tackle or cornerback in round one and use the additional second-round pick to trade back into the first round for Penix or anyone else they believed could make an immediate impact at a position of need.

X @raidersbeat

I'm tired of our drafts being exciting...

Rumors swirling that the Rams and Eagles are both scrambling to move up from picks 19 and 20. Rams supposedly are trying to move into top 10, which makes me think they are targeting either Nix or Penix. Thinking this is gonna be a wild draft for trades. Buckle up.

Rumors swirling that the Rams and Eagles are both scrambling to move up from picks 19 and 20. Rams supposedly are trying to move into top 10, which makes me think they are targeting either Nix or Penix. Thinking this is gonna be a wild draft for trades. Buckle up.
I've read Rams may be looking to move up for Bowers and Eagles possibly for Fuaga, but who knows really. I doubt it happens, but I'd be fine with all 6 QBs being taken before 13. I really don't want to take the 5th or 6th QB off the board at 13. I'm a no on Penix at 13 and a hell no on Nix at 13.

Users who are viewing this thread