What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - waiting to see some football! (11 Viewers)

To my mind, the biggest problem with trading all those picks for a QB, is that you are trading up for Mahomes upside. And it is very much proven that scouting for magic/intangibles is not to be trusted.
Not necessarily. That's the dream of course, but getting Deshaun Watson or Kirk Cousins level play puts us competitive with anyone.

I hear ya about the nepotism. But it’s been going on for decades in the NFL. And it’s more about who you know. My dream job at one time was to be a scout but it seems like those jobs are reserved for former players, family and people who know people in organizations.
If Pierce has to fetch Getsy’s coffee for a couple years to put in time and earn it, I’m fine with it.
Yeah like I said it's minor at this point but just another (albeit small) red flag on a dude that's not devoid of them.

Question:

If Russell Wilson is going to play for the league minimum this year (2 mill), should the Raiders not be first in line?

You might need to get creative with 2025, but he might also just be a one year commitment. I don't like him, but he can still play. And that's less than Hoyer got last year. That's half a Jerry Tillery. Getting Russell Wilson for Half a Tillery is the kind of deals Belichick would make.
I'm all in on spending whatever it costs to get a rookie QB on a rookie deal that will be our QB for the next 15 years, just say no to re-treads. The Raiders have gone the re-tread route to many times in recent history, it has failed miserably.
Reports are coming out they would have to give up 3 firsts and 3 seconds to even think about moving up to number one overall. But if they 100% believe Williams is a generational talent then I guess it would be worth it.
If Daniels is who they want at 2 or 3 then they’re looking giving 3 firsts and one second rounder.
I'm good with that if we get a 15 year franchise QB to compete with the likes of Mahomes.

And what if they get a guy who is an utter hype machine bust? Goo-bye to everything AP might be building. Not saying Williams absolutely is that, but my spidey sense is on high red alert with that guy, and I don't exactly feel fantastic about Maye either (for vastly differing reasons). I like Daniels, but yeesh is he skinny - RGIII skinny skinny more than Lamar skinny-strong skinny. I do like JJM, but not enough to trade a farm for him either.

If none of these four fall into a spot where the trade scenario is fairly benign, I'd take a QB pass in rd 1, grab one of the 4-6 uber OTs instead, take the Rattler Snake in rd 2 or 3, and then sign @Dungeruss to a league min deal and let the Bronkies pay him to keep the seat warm for a minute for either homie AOC or the Rattler.
There are always those risks, nothing is guaranteed in life.
There’s always the chance the Pats pass on a QB and take Harrison Jr and Daniels slides a bit. I’m not saying all the way to 13 but it’s still going to take some capital to jump Denver, Atlanta and Minnesota. Could be a little cheaper.
Count me as another fan that does not want to see giving up 3 firsts to take a chance on a QB. Moving up 2 or 3 spots if your guy is available sounds much better for long term success. If the coveted QBs are gone or too steep in price, it won’t hurt to build the trenches and the D while taking swings at QBs.

To my mind, the biggest problem with trading all those picks for a QB, is that you are trading up for Mahomes upside. And it is very much proven that scouting for magic/intangibles is not to be trusted.
Not necessarily. That's the dream of course, but getting Deshaun Watson or Kirk Cousins level play puts us competitive with anyone.
I'm not convinced Watson is, but I agree with you about Cousins.

Yeah but there are risks and there are trading 3 first round picks and 1-2 second round picks risks. You still need to put good players around a great QB even if you pick the right QB. How often does it work when a team trades multiple 1s to go up and get a QB? It would be interesting to see all the times it happened. Not sure if these are all of them:

Niners - Lance
Washington - RGIII
Panthers - Young
Texans - Watson
Rams - Goff

And i think only one of these trades involved trading 3 first round picks to move up. Put me in the no to trading multiple 1s camp.
Fields was a trade-up as well, CHI gave up 2022 1st to get him. Not that HOU would have traded down but had we given a haul to move from #7 to #2 and "missed out" on Tyree I don't think anyone would be worrying about those picks one bit.

We have a very solid supporting staff currently, and if you hit on QB you'll get that back in spades in FA signings. Watch them line up to play in Houston now. Obviously we have to get the pick right but if we do the price is irrelevant. Without even delving into our own failures, check out the first round of the past 4 drafts - those are wildcard picks at best. RGIII and Lance had injuries, and if we get even Goff/Watson/Justin Fields level play out of our QB we're a playoff team and those future 1sts are even less valuable.

My huge massive personal preference is to get Fields. Give up a 2nd in a flash. Personally I'd offer a 3rd with a conditional 2025 pick and would be fine if that conditional was a 1st tied to playoff (and Fields of course) results.
It’s going to be interesting to see what Fields ends up going for. Now that it’s pretty clear Chicago will draft Williams, there will be a bidding war for Fields.
The Raiders can offer anything they like but Chicago can always lie and say, “A 2nd won’t cut it, we’ve already been offered a 1st.” It’s going to be an elaborate, complicated game of chicken.

De'Andre PierceOffensive Assistant
It's minor at this point, but not a fan of nepotism. Let the kid go earn it on his own. The guy goes from a Defensive Analyst position to an Offensive Assistant? Why? He played S in high school and college, what's his nexus to offense? This stinks of trying to slide his son into the best career path. I had similar concerns with Deuce but one look at him and he's clearly a S&C guy so that passed quickly but this is something for me to keep an eye on.

Regarding Rattler, he was QB1 coming out of HS in 2019 so there's some residual hope from that. He sat behind Hurts then was solid in 2020 and was a Heisman favorite going into 2021 buy he got Kelly Bryant'd by Caleb Williams in the Texas game. (Kelly Bryant was the starter for Clemson but they had 5 star phenom Trevor Lawrence waiting in the wings so they benched Bryant the first moment the breeze shifted slightly). Transfer, 2 pretty ordinary seasons at South Carolina but it's South Carolina, let's just say he didn't play with Malik Nabors and BTJ. Rattler flashed a lot at the Senior Bowl practices and got a bunch of good press about it.

I'd be happy to take a shot on him in the middle rounds and see if he can keep developing. His story is super similar to Jaden Daniels and look where he is right now.
I feel exactly the same way. Maybe deuce will take him under his trapezius.

I totally agree.

And Cousins is a perfect example of kind of the minimum you want for a long term QB. You can win playoff games with the guy.

But you don't need to trade multiple picks to get Cousins upside. We can get a guy like Nix, and he is physically capable of doing what Goff or Cousins or Dak is doing.

Yes, a Watson or Cousins type would make them competitive, but you don't give up multiple first round picks for that level of play. If you're giving up multiple firsts you're looking for and you better get elite level QB play. If you just want Cousins/Watson level play just stay where you are and don't give up the picks.

I'm not totally gung ho moving in to the top 3 especially if they feel like someone like McCarthy, Nix, or Penix are a possible franchise QB. I just want a young QB to develop and grow with the team. for the next 10-15 years.

It might not be what Raiders fans want to hear, but I really like the idea of Russell Wilson on a super cheap deal, where he is super motivated to stick it to Denver.

Can always take a QB on day 2, if they (like I do) think O'Connell is more long term backup material.

What percentage of 1st round qbs are busts?

Over the last 15 years, there are an average of three first-round QB picks per year. So according to our assessment, only 0.7 of those go on to become home-run picks. Meanwhile, at least 1.3 per year prove to be clear misses .Apr 27, 2023

What percentage of 1st round qbs are busts?

Over the last 15 years, there are an average of three first-round QB picks per year. So according to our assessment, only 0.7 of those go on to become home-run picks. Meanwhile, at least 1.3 per year prove to be clear misses .Apr 27, 2023
I get the feeling there’s enough hive mind and brain cells in this organization now that they won’t be mortgaging the future on the hope that one of the 3 QBs is a generational talent.
The most logical thing to do is:
1: try to trade for Fields for anything less than a first rounder. If they’re asking for a 1st then it’s a no for me.
2. Just go get Russ on a vet minimum salary and stick it to the Donks.
3. Stay at #13 and build the trenches and draft a Penix, Nix, Rattler later on.

I'm not a fan of the Russ move, only because of not being a fan of his. I do think he can still play... but would rather go in a different direction.

Question; why do we think he'd accept a vet minimum salary?

I'm not a fan of the Russ move, only because of not being a fan of his. I do think he can still play... but would rather go in a different direction.

Question; why do we think he'd accept a vet minimum salary?
Because he's getting like 40 million from Denver.

I know that Denver is on the hook for a huge portion of money. But wouldn't he still want to maximise his earnings and sign for more? Or am I missing an element from how the contract/cap works?

The Broncos owe Wilson $39M next year. If the Raiders sign him for the minimum $1.2M(?) the Broncos pick up the other $37.8M. If the Raiders sign him for one year at $35M the Broncos have to pay him $4M. Makes no difference to Wilson; he's getting $39M.

I know that Denver is on the hook for a huge portion of money. But wouldn't he still want to maximise his earnings and sign for more? Or am I missing an element from how the contract/cap works?
From what i understand whatever he signs for next year just gets offset by what Denver is paying him. It would only matter if he signed for more than what Denver is paying him, which obviously is not going to happen. He only hurts the teams he signs with next year by signing for anything more than the minimum. Not sure how all this works if he was to get more than a one year deal though.

Though I have been a big proponent around here for trading a 2nd for Fields.... I am officially out on that now.

A friend of mine and I were watching our girls play volleyaball this weekend and chatting.... since these tournaments are several hours a day we had a lot of chatting. Eventually he mentions that his neighbor's son plays Oline for the Bears. Through that conversation he mentioned that Fields blames everything on everyone else and never takes responsibility. For me, that is a huge red flag (assuming true based on a single source that isn't direct) for two reasons- 1) You can't lead that way and leading is a big part of being a QB. 2) You can't get better that way. You need to own areas that you are deficient and work on them.

It would only make sense that Getsy would have a real good grasp of whether that is true or not. I couldn't see us go after Fields if that were the case with that insider knowledge. Or maybe it isn't true and again Getsy should know.

Though I have been a big proponent around here for trading a 2nd for Fields.... I am officially out on that now.

A friend of mine and I were watching our girls play volleyaball this weekend and chatting.... since these tournaments are several hours a day we had a lot of chatting. Eventually he mentions that his neighbor's son plays Oline for the Bears. Through that conversation he mentioned that Fields blames everything on everyone else and never takes responsibility. For me, that is a huge red flag (assuming true based on a single source that isn't direct) for two reasons- 1) You can't lead that way and leading is a big part of being a QB. 2) You can't get better that way. You need to own areas that you are deficient and work on them.

It would only make sense that Getsy would have a real good grasp of whether that is true or not. I couldn't see us go after Fields if that were the case with that insider knowledge. Or maybe it isn't true and again Getsy should know.
Well he did publicly blame the coaches for his sub par play so it kind of lines up.
But like I’ve mentioned before, he’s a young guy. He’ll make mistakes, say dumb things and the like. Maybe he grows up, I don’t know. Would you pass if it were two 3s or a 3rd and next year’s 4th or something along those lines? I wouldn’t.

Whenever I saw him, he never was making a simple, easy play.

Good QBs get the ball, and hit the simple slant when it's there. The simple, easy, gimme plays. None of that with Fields.

I'd prefer we found another option.

And I was going to say if the price is right, but I think I would rather get a Wilson, and a Nix/Penix in the 2nd, and AOC. If McCarthy is still in play, does trading for Fields shut that down? If we trade a conditional 3rd for him, we probably aren't drafting a QB of note. For Fields? Ehhh.

Everyone KNOWS now that McCarthy won't be there at 13, no one knows yet.

Whenever I saw him, he never was making a simple, easy play.

Good QBs get the ball, and hit the simple slant when it's there. The simple, easy, gimme plays. None of that with Fields.
Right. Getsy seems to want rhythm and timing and that isn't Fields. I would be shocked if they made an offer for Fields.

But does he know Zado's cousin?

I'm personally starting to come around on signing Wilson to the vet minimum for a year and trade up a bit into the end of the first round to draft a QB at the end of the first round to get the 5th year option or even the with their second round pick if they like Rattler. I don't know if Rattler would last to their 3rd round pick. That way they can use the 1st round pick on a top pick for defense or offensive line.

With 3 free agents on the offensive line it wouldn't hurt to draft a top RT in the 1st round.

Denver would owe him $39M if they cut him but they have what's called offset language in the contract. That means anything a new team pays Denver doesn't have to up to that $39M. He can't double-dip that money like he would without the offset language. In order for Wilson to make more than the $39M they would have to find a team that's willing to pay him the entire thing +.

What will likely make Wilson's decision isn't 2024 money but what/if/any future terms and guarantees look like.

With 3 free agents on the offensive line it wouldn't hurt to draft a top RT in the 1st round.

This is where I am leaning unless JJM falls to 13 or some spot close enough to where it would only take a toe and not and arm or leg to trade up to get him. No need to panic, tho, with so many stud OT options available this year and a good cross section between that position's value and the Raiders fairly extreme team need.

As for Fields, I'm actually glad the Raiders have Getsy for that reason if nothing else. Either Getsy believes or he doesn't, and either way, I defer to his insight.

With three FA on the OL we need to sign 4 OL. The draft is about getting the best player, not filling needs. If a draft pick needs to sit and learn and develop we need to allow them that time rather than rush them in because our starters are crap. I'd rather take an impact DT like Murphy or shutdown CB. Stud WR would be a dream but the top three will be long gone and after that it's probably best to wait on later rounds, this is another loaded WR draft and there are always steals to be had later - I wouldn't mind a mid-round shot at Jerry's kid. If OT is the best available sure, draft him, but don't do it because we failed to bolster up in FA. There are only 2-3 OT I would want to take there.

Frankly, I want us to trade down to mid 20's and add picks, that's going to be a value area to draft in. I think there's a huge list between 10-25 that could go any which way.

The Raiders have hired JoJo Wooden, former Chargers executive, as their new Senior Director of Player Personnel. With 11 years of experience in San Diego/Los Angeles, he rejoins Tom Telesco.

Another new guy in the building. Must be preparing for the inevitable loss of Champ to a GM job in the next year or so.

My top 13 for us in no particular order aside from the tiers:

No chance we see them:
Caleb
Maye
MHJ
Nabors

Within the realm of hoping:
Daniels - as close to no chance as possible, but he's also got slip potential being a 6 year guy that took 5 to get fully going. Might be an affordable trade-up.
McCarthy - wildcard at this point only due to the importance of the position. His skill level at TE would make him a day 3 guy but teams will dream of his ceiling.
Odunze - highly unlikely, but someone has to slide and the depth at WR might have teams looking at more premium positions.
Alt
Murphy
Turner
Latua
Arnold

That's only 12 with the obvious omission of Bowers but I am concerned being able to use him and Mayer correctly. He won't make it to 13 anyway, so it's not relevant for this list, but it does push one of those other names down to us.

Trading down brings the next tier - this is where I want to be, pick up assets and grab one of these guys instead:
Brian Thomas Jr
Keon Coleman - I am a believer, many are not.
Xavier Worthy - he's gonna wreck defenses, how often depends on how well a team figures out how to use him and health
Amarius Mims
Taliese Fuaga
Olumuyiwa Fashanu - fun fact, my first manager in my tech career was named Olumuyiwa, great guy.
JC Lathan
Jer'Zhan Newton
Jared Verse
Cooper DeJean
Kool-aid McKinstry
Nate Wiggins

That's 25 names with another slew that are being lumped at this same range that I just don't know enough about - Mitchell, Fautanu, Franklin, Chop Robinson, Trice.

My top 13 for us in no particular order aside from the tiers:

No chance we see them:
Caleb
Maye
MHJ
Nabors

Within the realm of hoping:
Daniels - as close to no chance as possible, but he's also got slip potential being a 6 year guy that took 5 to get fully going. Might be an affordable trade-up.
McCarthy - wildcard at this point only due to the importance of the position. His skill level at TE would make him a day 3 guy but teams will dream of his ceiling.
Odunze - highly unlikely, but someone has to slide and the depth at WR might have teams looking at more premium positions.
Alt
Murphy
Turner
Latua
Arnold

That's only 12 with the obvious omission of Bowers but I am concerned being able to use him and Mayer correctly. He won't make it to 13 anyway, so it's not relevant for this list, but it does push one of those other names down to us.

Trading down brings the next tier - this is where I want to be, pick up assets and grab one of these guys instead:
Brian Thomas Jr
Keon Coleman - I am a believer, many are not.
Xavier Worthy - he's gonna wreck defenses, how often depends on how well a team figures out how to use him and health
Amarius Mims
Taliese Fuaga
Olumuyiwa Fashanu - fun fact, my first manager in my tech career was named Olumuyiwa, great guy.
JC Lathan
Jer'Zhan Newton
Jared Verse
Cooper DeJean
Kool-aid McKinstry
Nate Wiggins

That's 25 names with another slew that are being lumped at this same range that I just don't know enough about - Mitchell, Fautanu, Franklin, Chop Robinson, Trice.
I’m all for a plug in and play guy at any position at this point.
RT- Fuaga, Latham
CB- Arnold
DT- Murphy, Newton
One thing is for sure Telesco is not opposed to drafting the trenches at mid to late 1st round.

But first Free Agency.

I'm not looking for a massive FA presence and hope we stay off the first page, but I would like to see us be active and sign more than we lose. We don't yet have the sustained draft success to support trying to collect comp picks every year. Our only guys of note are Jacobs and James so rather than sit out wave 1 trying to collect comp picks for them, let's just go sign about 10 guys, build the depth, and let 2025 be a year we look to get into the comp game. Zadaruis Smith and Patrick Queen headline this list for me. Smith shouldn't command top EDGE money but unlike Chandler he's a vet that has aged very well, consistently bringing quality pass rush pressure ever year - with Clowney as my backup option in the same category. Queen is young for his experience and BAL can't spend that kind of money on another LB so he'll be leaving, it's just a matter of where. I don't want to break the bank on him, but his overall game is a B+ and far superior to any depth we have. Bring him in and let Diablo provide depth and injury experience (and maybe a comp pick when he leaves in 2025).

Jonah Williams, Stephon Gilmore, and Austin Ekeler would also be interesting.

But first Free Agency.

I'm not looking for a massive FA presence and hope we stay off the first page, but I would like to see us be active and sign more than we lose. We don't yet have the sustained draft success to support trying to collect comp picks every year. Our only guys of note are Jacobs and James so rather than sit out wave 1 trying to collect comp picks for them, let's just go sign about 10 guys, build the depth, and let 2025 be a year we look to get into the comp game. Zadaruis Smith and Patrick Queen headline this list for me. Smith shouldn't command top EDGE money but unlike Chandler he's a vet that has aged very well, consistently bringing quality pass rush pressure ever year - with Clowney as my backup option in the same category. Queen is young for his experience and BAL can't spend that kind of money on another LB so he'll be leaving, it's just a matter of where. I don't want to break the bank on him, but his overall game is a B+ and far superior to any depth we have. Bring him in and let Diablo provide depth and injury experience (and maybe a comp pick when he leaves in 2025).

Jonah Williams, Stephon Gilmore, and Austin Ekeler would also be interesting.
The Raiders and Seattle Seahawks Defensive Tackle Leonard Williams are expected to show mutual interest in reaching a deal when the NFL legal tampering period opens up on March 11th.Raiders General Manager Tom Telesco is eyeing to build his new roster from the inside out, starting with the trenches. Williams played under now-Raiders Defensive Coordinator Patrick Graham in 2020 and 2021. He grew up a fan of the Raiders and has made his desire to play for them very clear since entering the league in 2015, even commenting on it at an interview during the NFL Scouting Combine of his onboarding year. The Raiders ended up selecting Wide Receiver Amari Cooper at number four overall instead, while Williams came off the board two picks later to the New York Jets. To further strengthen his connection with the Raiders, Williams has a known friendship with superstar Defensive End Maxx Crosby.

With three FA on the OL we need to sign 4 OL. The draft is about getting the best player, not filling needs. If a draft pick needs to sit and learn and develop we need to allow them that time rather than rush them in because our starters are crap. I'd rather take an impact DT like Murphy or shutdown CB. Stud WR would be a dream but the top three will be long gone and after that it's probably best to wait on later rounds, this is another loaded WR draft and there are always steals to be had later - I wouldn't mind a mid-round shot at Jerry's kid. If OT is the best available sure, draft him, but don't do it because we failed to bolster up in FA. There are only 2-3 OT I would want to take there.

Frankly, I want us to trade down to mid 20's and add picks, that's going to be a value area to draft in. I think there's a huge list between 10-25 that could go any which way.
I hear you, but there are some amazing OT's in this draft that should be drafted early so I don't see it as taking a need but taking a best player available lining up with a need. That being said if the Raiders can sign free agents before the draft and use those early picks else where like on defense or a QB I'm good with that too. Honestly I just want an Impact player that comes in day one and makes some noise for the Raiders. I'm tired of the 1st round draft busts.

Last edited:

I hear you, but there are some amazing OT's in this draft that should be drafted early so I don't see it as taking a need but taking a best player available lining up with a need. That being said if the Raiders can sign free agents before the draft and use those early picks else where like on defense or a QB I'm good with that too. Honestly I just want an Impact player that comes in day one and makes some noise for the Raiders. I'm tired of the 1st round draft busts.
Example - Robert Spillane , the Raiders best LB , went undrafted

Jack Jones , Raiders top CB right now was drafted rd 4

Maxx Crosby , best DE in football was drafted 4th rd

Those are just 3 examples of what kind of talent is found later , this isnt ground breaking but it keeps me centered when the draft approaches

How about they just choose someone with no current injuries as a no 1 pick. Mmm-Kay….

I hear you, but there are some amazing OT's in this draft that should be drafted early so I don't see it as taking a need but taking a best player available lining up with a need.

How about they just choose someone with no current injuries as a no 1 pick. Mmm-Kay….
That would be refreshing!!!!

Yep what we "need" more than anything are great players. If the OT is the best, then just take him. I only have one on that list but there are a couple more I wouldn't lose sleep over. Just don't pass on Odunze or an impact DL like Murphy or Latua for them.

A week ago, the senior Lombardi put Antonio Pierce on blast for his comments on the ‘Mahomes Rules’ tactic that defeated the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

“This guy is driving me crazy,” Lombardi said about Pierce on The GM Shuffle podcast. “Can he just shut up? Why won’t somebody in the Raiders tell him to shut up?”

This week, Lombardi picked up where he left off.

This time he accused Pierce of not knowing what the ‘Raider Way’ is really about.

“The ‘Raider Way’ isn’t a word,” Lombardi said. “It’s about ‘this a prototype of the player we want at this position. This is a prototype of a player we want at that position.’ That’s the Raider Way. What’s so comical is what he’s talking about is because he’s from Compton, he thinks he knows the Raider Way. It’s a joke.”

Marcus Mosher

@Marcus_Mosher
·
I don't think Michael Lombardi is happy that Antonio Pierce fired his son.That is all this is.

A week ago, the senior Lombardi put Antonio Pierce on blast for his comments on the ‘Mahomes Rules’ tactic that defeated the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

“This guy is driving me crazy,” Lombardi said about Pierce on The GM Shuffle podcast. “Can he just shut up? Why won’t somebody in the Raiders tell him to shut up?”

This time he accused Pierce of not knowing what the ‘Raider Way’ is really about.

“The ‘Raider Way’ isn’t a word,” Lombardi said. “It’s about ‘this a prototype of the player we want at this position. This is a prototype of a player we want at that position.’ That’s the Raider Way. What’s so comical is what he’s talking about is because he’s from Compton, he thinks he knows the Raider Way. It’s a joke.”

Marcus Mosher
@Marcus_Mosher
·
I don't think Michael Lombardi is happy that Antonio Pierce fired his son.That is all this is.
Exactly! The “Raider Way” was lost decades ago along with the mystique, commitment to excellence, just win baby. All that rhetoric is long gone. I’ve seen too many games (over the past 20 years especially) where the Raiders were the ones getting their rear ends handed to them, embarrassed, beat up, out coached, out played and out drafted.
The Raider Way hasn’t worked in over 40 years. AP is trying to instill toughness in an organization that has lost it decades ago and that’s what I like best about him and I see nothing wrong with it.

ETA: Also the old school faction of the NFL likes their HCs stoic and reserved. AP is an outspoken former player who thrives on emotion. He’s going to say what’s on his mind and have no apologies and it rubs the establishment the wrong way in the media and NFL. I guess that’s one thing that’s always stayed true to the Raiders good and bad.

Last edited:

Marcus Mosher
@Marcus_Mosher
·
I wish Lombardi would just shut up. He has no relevance

Marcus Mosher
@Marcus_Mosher
·
I wish Lombardi would just shut up. He has no relevance
Same with Greenberg, he’s just sour grapes because his pathetic Jets couldn’t beat AP. He just p!sses people off and I like it. Hopefully it doesn’t get him run out though.

Jonnu Smith released. I think because it's still officially the 2023 season that he goes through waivers? I'd like to claim him if so, he's someone we can get use out of and he factors into 2026 comp formula if we don't re-sign him after this season. If not waiver claim, we should still pursue him. He doesn't figure into the comp formula this year so even though I don't expect us to net anything for 2025 it can't hurt to stay in the black initially.

Jonnu Smith released. I think because it's still officially the 2023 season that he goes through waivers? I'd like to claim him if so, he's someone we can get use out of and he factors into 2026 comp formula if we don't re-sign him after this season.

The salary on his existing contract would be $6.5 MM for 2024. I don't think he's worth that. He need to accept a big pay reduction, which I doubt he'd take without first testing out the full market for his services.

Users who are viewing this thread