What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Free Agency Discussion (1 Viewer)

Broncos front office seems to be recovering nicely from the Russell Wilson cap space nightmare.

Currently $46 million available cap space after restructurings, cuts and trades with minimal roster damage

Mooney to the Falcons (3/39 with 26 guaranteed)

Good chunk of change for him - the Falcons offense is definitely one to watch

Expensive but badly needed get for Atlanta, they were in dire need of some speed at WR.

Also as a Pitts/London shareholder I love the move. Was a little concerned about them possibly being in position to grab one of the big 3 WRs at 8, felt like they'd all be gone but possible. This should take them out of the market and what you like to see if you are invested in other pass catchers is the team sign speedy lower volume WR's, the kind that open things up for others but don't hog up a lot of volume.

I was praying he'd go to KC

Cousins can feed London but #2 WR in that offense can be valuable too
I was also hoping for KC and had picked him up in some recent drafts as well as stashing him on some dynasty teams on the last waiver run of the year in hopes of KC or a great landing spot. This, for him, is not that IMO and I and I will be cutting him across the board in my dynasty leagues(which are smaller FFPC style)

Expensive but badly needed get for Atlanta, they were in dire need of some speed at WR.

Also as a Pitts/London shareholder I love the move. Was a little concerned about them possibly being in position to grab one of the big 3 WRs at 8, felt like they'd all be gone but possible. This should take them out of the market and what you like to see if you are invested in other pass catchers is the team sign speedy lower volume WR's, the kind that open things up for others but don't hog up a lot of volume.
Good point - also a London/Pitts owner and I don't see Mooney as too much of a target threat. Mooney is probably a good guy to stretch the field and had his moments early in his career, but probably will be doing more cardio routes than anything.

What an absolutely bonkers 2 days for RBs.
Saquon Barkley to the Eagles
Derrick Henry to the Ravens
Josh Jacobs to the Packers
Aaron Jones to the Vikings
Joe Mixon to the Texans
Austin Ekeler to the Commanders
De'Andre Swift to the Bears
Tony Pollard to the Titans
Devin Singletary to the Giants
Gus Edwards to the Chargers
Zack Moss to the Bengals
Antonio Gibson to the Patriots

Irv Smith to the motherforking Chiefs!

Will almost certainly see the field even with a healthy Kelce.

Potential for more. I’ll take it!

This is my first thought, on who catches my eye.

Jacobs is good enough that I think whoever else is that backfield, their role is to keep Jacobs fresh for the whole year. That contract is also set up so they can run him hard if they want for a year or two. And really, the Packers have young guys to pay in a year or two, they can't be spending big money on another back. Jacobs might be possible RB1 over the next two years, I really like the offense, his role, and his immediate outlook.

Swift to the Bears, that's potential zero. Maybe the other guys beat him out, and maybe he gets injured, and maybe the QB sucks, but I wonder if the rookie QB comes in and makes a little noise. Swift is a superior athlete to the other guys, and it ain't close. This will probably be a popular pick, so maybe not a bargain, but if things go well, they could go very well.

Gibson is a guy I won't let fall past a certain point. He would probably be the guy I take when the WR I wanted gets sniped.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
I can't recall a single offseason with this much RB movement let alone 48 hours.

Pfft

Think it was a one year deal? However, I am in a dynasty league that allows offseason pickups, so I just grabbed him.
Irv had a pretty bad ankle injury last year.

Dude is a skilled receiver. Chiefs do use their 2nd TE, and Kelce isn’t a young man.

There’s value there. Good pickup.

I have him in a TE-P league - best possible landing spot. Kelce goes down, Irv is a star.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
Who is left?

Chubb and the Browns still got to work out his contract.

Dallas probably has the current biggest hole at RB, what will they do? I'd guess Brooks since their team doc did his surgery and he's been hanging around the facility but even if he looks good that's going to be hard to count on him early in the year.

Telesco is saying he wants a RBBC, Abdullah ain't it. Gus Edwards can't be the whole solution in LAC. A large chunk of the league has some really weak options after their top guys right now and the rookie RB class is not only not heralded at the top, it's not really that deep either. Make sense why teams were so zesty to fill their RB needs.

Pfft

Think it was a one year deal? However, I am in a dynasty league that allows offseason pickups, so I just grabbed him.

Dude is a skilled receiver. Chiefs do use their 2nd TE, and Kelce isn’t a young man.

I have him in a TE-P league - best possible landing spot. Kelce goes down, Irv is a star.
I don't think Irv will be the #2TE. He's terrible and was a healthy scratch last year to end the season. Save yourself a roster spot.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
And with all this movement, we are down to relatively few workhorse/3-down backs as of now (and could shrink further):

CMC
Bijan
Hall
Kyren
Barkley
Jacobs
Etienne (already buzz about reducing his workload)

Last edited:
Pfft

I don't think Irv will be the #2TE. He's terrible and was a healthy scratch last year to end the season. Save yourself a roster spot.
I'd be willing to bet he's their TE2

He had a bad ankle injury last year & the Bengals were without Burrow. I'm pretty sure he was a healthy scratch to avoid paying incentives.

Dude is a talented receiver - they didn't sign him to block.

Significantly less importance than other RB signings, but DeeJay Dallas is now an AZ Cardinal.

Do with this information what you will.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
And with all this movement, we are down to relatively few workhorse/3-down backs as of now (and could shrink further):

CMC
Bijan
Hall
Kyren
Barkley
Jacobs
Rachaad White.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals

CMC
Bijan
Hall
Kyren
Barkley
Jacobs
Rachaad White.
I stand corrected - I can see him eventually being complemented by a between the tackles guy, but it's his backfield for sure as of now.

Saquon Barkley to the Eagles ⬆️
Derrick Henry to the Ravens ⬆️
Josh Jacobs to the Packers ⬆️
Aaron Jones to the Vikings ⬇️⬆️➡️🤷‍♂️
Joe Mixon to the Texans ⬆️
Austin Ekeler to the Commanders ↘️
De'Andre Swift to the Bears ⬇️
Tony Pollard to the Titans ⬇️
Devin Singletary to the Giants ➡️
Gus Edwards to the Chargers ⬇️
Zack Moss to the Bengals ⬆️
Antonio Gibson to the Patriots ↔️

They seem to mostly be good landing spots

Just send me the hot sauce now and save yourself the roster spot. :laugh:
I have him in a TE-P where my best options are Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith, and Parkinson. Pray for me. Desperation is never pretty.
Ok, maybe hang on and fwiw when it comes to FF I got a memory like an elephant and remember disagreeing with you last year on Jonnu being a viable guy to hold. You were right.

Just send me the hot sauce now and save yourself the roster spot. :laugh:
I have him in a TE-P where my best options are Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith, and Parkinson. Pray for me. Desperation is never pretty.
Ok, maybe hang on and fwiw when it comes to FF I got a memory like an elephant and remember disagreeing with you last year on Jonnu being a viable guy to hold. You were right.
I am the craptastic TE whisperer.

And don't beat yourself up - everyone disagreed with me on Jonnu. I just saw the coaching relationship & thought he'd get some action. He exceeded my expectations too.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals

CMC
Bijan
Hall
Kyren
Barkley
Jacobs
Did Jonathan Taylor retire?

He is a top 5 RB this year.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
Who is left?

Dallas probably has the current biggest hole at RB, what will they do? I'd guess Brooks since their team doc did his surgery and he's been hanging around the facility but even if he looks good that's going to be hard to count on him early in the year.

Telesco is saying he wants a RBBC, Abdullah ain't it. Gus Edwards can't be the whole solution in LAC. A large chunk of the league has some really weak options after their top guys right now and the rookie RB class is not only not heralded at the top, it's not really that deep either. Make sense why teams were so zesty to fill their RB needs.
AJ Dillon is a FA. :oldunsure:

LAC needs another RB bad. Correct.

I agree that Dallas is the biggest outlier.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
Who is left?

JK Dobbins is also out there if anyone wants to take a cheap flier on him.

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
Who is left?

Man things change quickly.

I offered a 2025 1st for Dobbins coming off injury - was not only rejected, but told he was untouchable. Wonder if that owner has some ragrets. :oldunsure:

Joe Mixon to the Texans
Zack Moss to the Bengals
Who is left?

This is what I'm praying for. Would love to see him land in a spot with some receiving work out of the backfield. Chargers feel like the jackpot landing spot rn.

Users who are viewing this thread