What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Free Agency Discussion (1 Viewer)

Finally heard Russell Wilson's contract is a vet minimum $1.2m. I mean makes perfect sense, there's offset language in the Denver contract so anything he signs less than what they owe him he won't keep anyway. So why worsen your new team's salary cap.

Possible WR for the Chiefs (or anyone)
•! Marquis Brown
• Ridley
• Mooney
• OBJ
• Boyd
• Samuel
• Chark
• Thomas

Dried up a little with Pittman, Evans, Higgins, Gabe Davis signings/tags
I could see Samuel going here, very good in space, he's quick, just seems like that would work well in that offense. Brown or Ridley would be nice splashes, but do they have cap money to sign either?
KJO might be a good fit as well.
Chiefs rarely jump in on the first day of madness.

My money is them going after Mooney or Samuel. Veach is a master at waiting out the free agents and ends up with guys that fit. That's the most important thing for the Chiefs and Andy Reid.

And I'm not worried about the cap. Jones cap number this year is only $7 million. They will have money to spend in the right places.
Mooney seems like the best match, they are unlikely to go after one of the remaining big fish. Mooney can play, he did not fit with the new Bears group and Fields the last few years. His best years were with Nagy, makes sense to bring him in with Nagy.

•! Marquis Brown
• Ridley
• Mooney
• OBJ
• Boyd
• Samuel
• Chark
• Thomas

I could see Samuel going here, very good in space, he's quick, just seems like that would work well in that offense. Brown or Ridley would be nice splashes, but do they have cap money to sign either?

My money is them going after Mooney or Samuel. Veach is a master at waiting out the free agents and ends up with guys that fit. That's the most important thing for the Chiefs and Andy Reid.

And I'm not worried about the cap. Jones cap number this year is only $7 million. They will have money to spend in the right places.
Mooney seems like the best match, they are unlikely to go after one of the remaining big fish. Mooney can play, he did not fit with the new Bears group and Fields the last few years. His best years were with Nagy, makes sense to bring him in with Nagy.
Marquis Brown would be the best possible option.

Mooney is dollar store shopping.

•! Marquis Brown
• Ridley
• Mooney
• OBJ
• Boyd
• Samuel
• Chark
• Thomas

Marquis Brown would be the best possible option.

Mooney is dollar store shopping.
I'd argue Calvin Ridley would be a better option than Hollywood.

Beckham would be a sneaky option, I thought he looked pretty good when Andrews was out.

Maybe Michael Thomas on a cheap prove it deal?

The Texans agreed to a two-year, $6 million contract with former Chiefs punter Tommy Townsend, per ESPN. He will replace Cam Johnston, who left for Pittsburgh on Monday.

Sooo the Titans supposedly wanted Mixon and it made a lot of sense with the new HC and all.

The Bengals were rude to Mixon by cutting him hours after free agency began thus limiting the available jobs for him. (Or they were wise to wait til they had his replacement)

Soooo sew soooo sooo

How bad would it be if the Titans backed out of the Pollard deal?

There already was a player to back out earlier today, a kicker I think.

I know this is free agency, but figure a good place to share comments at Justin Fields.

Rapoport said earlier today that the Bears haven't really started talking about trades for Fields, that they are still focused on evaluating Caleb Williams and deciding what they want to do.
In other words, they are still trying to prop up Fields value.

Sooo the Titans supposedly wanted Mixon and it made a lot of sense with the new HC and all.

The Bengals were rude to Mixon by cutting him hours after free agency began thus limiting the available jobs for him. (Or they were wise to wait til they had his replacement)

Soooo sew soooo sooo

They could go with a Pollard/Mixon committee. Similar to Zeke/Pollard. :shrug:

Soooo sew soooo sooo

Is that slimy? Like other free agents wouldn't want to sign there then? Would it be eh it's one guy and it was common knowledge they wanted Mixon?
How do you think that would go over if it happened?

Is that slimy? Like other free agents wouldn't want to sign there then? Would it be eh it's one guy and it was common knowledge they wanted Mixon?
The players are getting paid. Lots of teams use committees.

I doubt they promised Pollard he’d be the only back. :shrug:

With Spears there I doubt they bring in Mixon.

Mixon feels like he’s destined to be a Raider though.

Soooo sew soooo sooo

What the Spears?

The players are getting paid. Lots of teams use committees.

I doubt they promised Pollard he’d be the only back. :shrug:

With Spears there I doubt they bring in Mixon.

Mixon feels like he’s destined to be a Raider though.
I meant back out of the Pollard contract and offer it to Mixon instead

Have to think one of these guys on the RB merry-go-round ends up in Houston
Houston’s biggest gaps right now are RB and DT. Many mocks have DT in round 1, but I think they address both soon so they have draft flexibility.

I think Houston is an obvious potential destination for a Higgins trade too. We still need at least one more WR and many fans wanted Evans or Higgins.

Giants trading for Brian Burns??
Finalized: 2nd and 5th, 5 years %150 million
Panthers turned down 2 1sts for Burns last year.
"New" GM, same old ****.
They’ve now dealt McCaffrey, Moore, and Burns (all 3 under 26 years old) in subsequent years with zero first round picks coming back to them.

They’ve traded the #1 overall pick for 2024 in a draft class everyone knew would be stacked at QB.

Then pay a guard over $100M.

Just putting on a clinic for how to be a dumpster fire organization.

Idiots.

Last edited:
•! Marquis Brown
• Ridley
• Mooney
• OBJ
• Boyd
• Samuel
• Chark
• Thomas

The WR class is incredible. It’s going to suppress the market for these vets.

Houston’s biggest gaps right now are RB and DT. Many mocks have DT in round 1, but I think they address both soon so they have draft flexibility.

I think Houston is an obvious potential destination for a Higgins trade too. We still need at least one more WR and many fans wanted Evans or Higgins.

I hear the Higgins talk but I don't really understand it...with Collins (who you will have to pay soon), Dell, Brown and Woods in the fold why do they need to not only give Higgins a monster contract but also have to deal a quality trade asset/assets to make it happen...why not just take a WR with one of your top two picks or simply add a solid veteran like Tyler Boyd...to me it just doesn't seem like WR is a big enough need to be going all-in on Higgins.

I hear the Higgins talk but I don't really understand it...with Collins (who you will have to pay soon), Dell, Brown and Woods in the fold why do they need to not only give Higgins a monster contract but also have to deal a quality trade asset/assets to make it happen...why not just take a WR with one of your top two picks or simply add a solid veteran like Tyler Boyd...to me it just doesn't seem like WR is a big enough need to be going all-in on Higgins.

Quite a few people believe that Nico & Dell are complimentary guys (ideal as a #2 & #3) and Stroud’s play is what elevated them and the Texans need a real #1 to take the next step as an offense. On paper they have some of the worst weapons in the league, two 3rd round WRs, a couple of FA castoffs in Brown & Woods, an alright TE, and no RB. I don’t see Boyd bringing anything more to the table than Woods already does (sometimes possession WR, mostly a mentor to the younger guys.)

I agree trading for Higgins and paying a big salary would be an impulsive move. If Higgins was a FA I’d be singing a different tune. For now the Texans have other holes to fill and so far have been conservative in FA which is good longterm and avoids overpaying but also opens more holes.

Edit: well now we have Mixon, waiting to see the cost

Last edited:
Mooney to the Falcons (3/39 with 26 guaranteed)

Good chunk of change for him - the Falcons offense is definitely one to watch

Ekeler to Washington. All four teams in the NFC East have a new starting RB for 2024.
correcting myself here, I completely forgot about Robinson at Washington and saw Gibson traded. So new RB's for all teams, 3 starting backs except Wash which as a couple of you already pointed out will likely be a rbbc.

Users who are viewing this thread