What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (4 Viewers)

Packers Final Injury Report (first 3 are starters)

Ruled OUT

• LT David Bakhtiari (knee/rest)
  • LG Elgton Jenkins (knee)
  • LB De’Vondre Campbell (ankle)
  • S Zayne Anderson (hamstring)

Questionable

• RB Aaron Jones (hamstring)
  • WR Christian Watson (hamstring)
  • RT Zach Tom (knee)
  • CB Jaire Alexander (back)
  • CB Carrington Valentine (biceps)

Not listed with an injury designation

• EDGE Rashan Gary (ankle)
After injuring his ACL last season, Gary has slowly been ramping up his acclimation to the field and was on a snap count last week that saw him play just 38% of the Packers’ defensive snaps. Despite the low reps, Gary still produced three sacks versus the Saints.

According to his agent, Detroit Lions practice squad tight end Darrell Daniels is signing to the team’s 53-man roster.

At first, the transaction may look weird, as none of the team’s current three tight ends are on the injury report. However, this appears to be a move in response to an injury to fullback Jason Cabinda, instead. Cabinda popped up on the injury report this week with a knee injury, and he was downgraded to a “no practice” on Tuesday’s injury report.

While Daniels has predominantly played as a tight end in this league, but in his past 3.5 seasons with the Arizona Cardinals—playing under Lions tight ends coach Steve Heiden—he was regularly getting snaps in the backfield. Per PFF, he took 49 snaps in the backfield in 2021 and 67 in 2020. He’s also very well experienced on special teams, something that will be necessary to fill Cabinda’s role on gamedays.

Daniels could also very well help out at the tight end position. A veteran with six years of experience and 18 starts in his career, Daniels has been a decent pass blocker in his career. That could be of some help for Detroit’s beat-up offensive line.

Week 4 Final Injury Report

RT Matt Nelson -- Ankle OUT
RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai -- Knee OUT

FB Jason Cabinda -- Knee OUT
LT Taylor Decker -- Ankle Questionable
LG Jonah Jackson -- Thigh Questionable

S Kerby Joseph -- Hip Questionable
RB David Montgomery -- Thigh Questionable
RCB Emmanuel Moseley -- Knee/Thigh Questionable
For the casual fan are those starters, backups, or 3rd stringers?

Is Goff going to be running for his life like Stafford on MNF?

Week 4 Final Injury Report

RT Matt Nelson -- Ankle OUT
RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai -- Knee OUT

FB Jason Cabinda -- Knee OUT
LT Taylor Decker -- Ankle Questionable
LG Jonah Jackson -- Thigh Questionable

S Kerby Joseph -- Hip Questionable
RB David Montgomery -- Thigh Questionable
RCB Emmanuel Moseley -- Knee/Thigh Questionable
For the casual fan are those starters, backups, or 3rd stringers?

Is Goff going to be running for his life like Stafford on MNF?

Nelson is the 3rd string RT (the 2nd stringer went on IR) - 4th string rookie played the majority of the snaps v ATL, more below.

Vaitai is nominally the starting RG - backup Graham Glasgow was in a position battle all summer. Performance wise, Hal had a top 3 grade Week 1, GG has been just OK in the 1.5 games he's been in there.

Decker might have a good chance of playing but it's more a medical staff decision than coaches or player so IDK - but if he doesn't than it's NBD bc Penei Sewell will make his third straight start at LT and rookie Colby Sorsdal will start at RT.

Jonah is the starting LG and former pro bowler, AFAIK he's not in danger of missing the game. But TNF injury reports are a crapshoot bc they're estimates. The teams don't practice, the whole week is installs and walk throughs.

tl;dr bottom line - the sky is not falling, as a unit they'll play fine. We have had our starters play together exactly once in the last 37 games and we are consistently a top shelf OL, the best position group on the roster.

Thanks @BobbyLayne for all the info you bring to this sub. A lot of the PFF stats and injury reports are above my pay grade but help with some of the decision making for fantasy purposes (ARSB & Goff). The videos are awesome, Lions have one of the top media teams in the league. And for introducing me to Dan Miller, a legend.

How Aaron Glenn adjusted Detroit's defense & flipped the script on the Falcons

Another one from All 22 Films, my favorite new YouTube content creator for 2023.

Great explain of how AG & the staff switched up the defense to get the inside linebackers on the field more after CJGJ & Joseph were injure in Week 2. Essentially using Barnes and Campbell as EDGE and rolling up Brian Branch as a box Strong Safety. In the first two games BB was mostly the Slot CB, which he still still handled roughly 65% of the snaps when Ifeatu Melifonwu paired with Tracy Walker III at Safety.

Will be interesting to see if this was a one off or they'll go with the same concept v Love and the Pack's talented young receivers. I think Love throwing to Doubs, Green, Musgrave & Watson is a much bigger challenge than London/Pitts offered. Jordon has not been super accurate but he's a playmaker and is on pace to run for about 425 yards this year; exactly the kind of QB who has given AG fits the last 2+ seasons.

Will be interesting to see if Barnes and Campbell rush the QB as Sam blitzers. Feel like that was a one off scheme bc Ridder is a terrible processor & only has two legit receivers (+ his accuracy is atrocious.)

Then again they had no practice this week. Short weeks are limited to installs & walk throughs.

Will be nice having Decker & Monty back.

"Just his (LaPorta) instinct for the game, the instinct to be able to catch the ball. He can catch the ball on the run very, very well," Gronkowski said. "Like I said a little bit earlier that he is definitely the steal of the draft. He's got speed and he's just savvy out there. He's a savvy guy. And what's impressive is, he's only a rookie. I think he has beaten, if I'm correct, he has beaten the tight end record for most amount of catches in the first three games of a season for a rookie. I think he has 18 catches already. I mean, the guy is legit. He's going to be the highest-paid tight end in about four years in the NFL and he is going to be one of the best tight ends in the upcoming years in the NFL. He's just super, super savvy. He just has that football instinct."

Feels good. Outside of a meltdown in the second half against Seattle the defensive line has looked awfully impressive. They've shut down every running game and they're getting to the QB.

The offense has been solid and still has a lot of room to improve. It'll be nice to have Jamo in the mix to stretch the field and give Laporta and St. Brown more room.

Montgomery is a tank. He seems custom made for this offense. I'm not worried about Gibbs. He's thinking too much still. Once it clicks mentally he'll be ripping off big plays.

Aidan Hutchinson posted career-highs in pressures (8) and pressure rate (21.1%) along with 1.5 sacks tonight against the Packers.

Hutchinson has generated at least 5 QB pressures in six games since Week 14, 2022, including every game this season.

David Montgomery rushed for 121 yards and a career-high 3 touchdowns on 32 carries in the Lions 34-20 won over the Packers.

Montgomery's 113 yards after contact is the most he's ever gained in a single game in his career.

They’ve got Gibbs for five years. They want him peaking in late December & January. In September he’s a luxury item.
Most of the moves they have made have been great but I'm still so bitter about the Gibbs pick. I could accept taking an RB like Bijan, but a player like Gibbs at pick 12, that is outrageous. They knew a player like Gibbs is not their identity and RB has no current value in todays NFL, WTF were they thinking. Keeping Swift and drafting Carter would have put them in serious super bowl consideration this year, now I think this pushes them back one year.

David Montgomery rushed for 121 yards and a career-high 3 touchdowns on 32 carries in the Lions 34-20 won over the Packers.

Montgomery's 113 yards after contact is the most he's ever gained in a single game in his career.

He ran very hard last night and looked really good. Monty looked every bit of an upgrade last night over Williams.

I never liked Goff in LA, I felt like he was McVays little puppet with no voice, but in Detroit, he just carries himself different and comes across as a really likeable guy...and he's a much better QB than I used to give him credit for.

I've really become a fan of his.

Jared Goff is one resilient dude

Most Detroit fans viewed him as a bridge QB for 2 years (3 max) up until the end of last year

One thing he never had to deal with is comparison's to Matthew - the ball just comes off 9's hand different, he's got a cannon, we always knew he wasn't him

Goff has adequate arm strength (actually has really good deep ball passing stats this year), but the whole game plan is predicated on power football, relying on two YAC receivers, occasionally scheming open other guys (Reynolds intermediate, Raymond deep, Gibbs....OK let's figure that out later lol)

We had 12 years of hero ball and I'll always be grateful for the joy Stafford brought, elite competitor who was phenomenal in comeback mode

This squad is a team built from the inside out - the QB is great at doing his job but he's just one guy, winning football for Dan Campbell is establishing an identity that is not reliant on a demigod

Goff is a good dude, but he doesn't try to be something he's not; playing within himself has made him a better QB than when he was executing McVay's vision

Complementarian football, each unit picking each other up, Goff throws an interception, 3 n out FG, and a 75 yard response - that start was incredible and tells you everything about this team

How do you keep you job with a .188 winning percentage??

You win 11 out of 14 including 6/7 on the road, that's how

MCDC climbed over .400 last night

15-22-1 .408

moved past HoF player-coach Dutch Clark with this win to move into a tie for 12th most wins as a Lions HC

Playoffs
CoachFromToGW
LTW-L%G plyfW plyfL plyfChmp
Wayne Fontes1988199613366670.4965140
George Wilson1957196410453456.5412201
Potsy Clark193119408553257.6791101
Buddy Parker195119567247232.6714312
Monte Clark1978198410543611.4142020
Joe Schmidt+196719728443347.5581010
Jim Caldwell201420176436280.5632020
Jim Schwartz200920138029510.3631010
Bobby Ross199720005727300.4742020
Gus Dorais194319475320312.3920000
Darryl Rogers198519885818400.3100000
Dan Campbell202120233815221.4080000
Steve Mariucci200320054315280.3490000
Rick Forzano197419763215170.4690000

my goodness we have a pathetic history lol - he'll be in the top ten by the end of the season

Last edited:
Tables have turned.

I was watching the Prime interviews after the game with Goff and Monty. Really like Richard Sherman on that show.

Sherman said "Goff is a winner, and has always been a winner" None of them seemed impressed at all with Jordan Love.

I messed the pre-game but Goff made a comment about a statement one of them made and the whole crew was laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread