What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Cowboys Thread. Week 1 vs. Brown’s -Brady’s Broadcasting debut (1 Viewer)

Don’t think it matters whether McCarthy or someone else is the coach, at least for next year. Dak Prescott isn’t going to win a Super Bowl. That’s the problem the Cowboys need to solve.

Can you elaborate on how Prescott is the problem?

What would you suggest they do?

Prescott has repeatedly flamed out in big spots. He's 2-5 lifetime in the playoffs, and now it's a stink that won't wash off him. You can see it's in his head. It's not like he's one of these young guys who can shake it off as a bad beat and turn it around, at a certain point it's just who he is. He's in his 30s, if he hasn't figured it out yet he's not going to - and in fact the longer it goes the worse it gets. No lack of talent around him to blame. He's an above average regular season QB who is missing that thing that all the greats have when it comes to playoff time. Who knows how differently last week game goes if he doesn't throw those two disastrous first half INTs?

I have no real suggestions for the Cowboys, sounds like they're stuck with Dak for at least another year. I don't know the details of his contract and whatnot, but if Jerry wants another ring before he gives up the ghost, I'm certain he's going to have to do it with a different QB.

Interesting. Thanks. We disagree as I think Prescott is good enough to win a Super Bowl on that team with that cast. But different opinions are what makes this game fun. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Can you elaborate on why you think he IS good enough to win a Super Bowl? What particularly about his performance in big games or in the playoffs leads you to this conclusion?

Just watching him play. He was a serious candidate for MVP this season based on his play.
You keep saying this. Serious MVPs don't post games like this

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSQBRRTG
21/341343.9013-2840.657.7

Or this

14/241536.4133-1344.351.6
That’s some serious cherry picking. Should we look at SV winning QBs who have done something similar?

He wouldn't have lost the game either.
That is a serious post without any substance to back it up.

What substance have you brought to this?

What is Dak Prescott's signature win as a pro?

Who threw 2 interceptions against Green Bay on Sunday?

Who threw 3 interceptions against San Francisco on Oct 8, 2023?

Who threw an interception in the Dallas playoff loss a year ago when the Cowboys had 2nd and 2 at the San Francisco 18 with the score tied 6-6 and 1:43 left in the half?

Who ran out the clock scrambling for a first down in a playoff exit against San Francisco 2 years ago?

You're out of your league here, kid. Sit back down.

Or this

Serious MVP candidates don't post games like that?
How about games like these?
Are these serious MVP games?

17/22 169 Yards 7.7 AVG 0 TD 1 INT 4 Sacks 79.5 RTG 12.2 QBR
22/38 236 Yards 6.2 AVG 0 TD 1 INT 4 Sacks 65.2 RTG 45.5 QBR
18/27 157 Yards 5.8 AVG 1 TD 0 INT 4 Sacks 94.2 RTG 35.8 QBR
18/32 177 Yards 5.5 AVG 1 TD 0 INT 2 Sacks 82.4 RTG 37.3 QBR

I don't see 3 INT in a game there. Huh. Weird.

So MVP consideration is based only on interceptions?
Hmmm...weird.

Not all INTs are created equal. A Hail Mary pass at the end of a half or an INT on 3rd and long that lands deep in your opponent's territory aren't costly. They can be ignored.

The interceptions Dak throws are costly, careless, reckless and game changing. 3 INTs in one game against your biggest rival when your playing for NFC supremecy is unforgivable. And Dak does it time and time again. Costly INTs when it matters most against teams the Cowboys have to beat to be true contenders.

Your stats above don't include anything with more than 1 INT. Why? What did you prove by selectively posting those? Nothing.

Dak is the reason why Dallas lost to San Francisco in the playoffs last year. He is the reason they lost to San Francisco in the regular season this year. Dak is the reason they lost to Green Bay in the playoffs last weekend. These are facts and they are not debatable.
The statement was "serious MVP's don't post games like this".
I posted VERY similar games from what seems to be the unanimous MVP this year.
Obviously, the INT's weren't similar, but almost every other stat was similar or worse than what Dak posted.
I'm not arguing that Dak was MVP worthy.
And I didn't "selectively post" those stats.
Those stats were games that were similar to the stats Dak posted (minus the INT's).
The QBR rating in almost every case was worse.
The AVG yards per attempt in almost every case was worse.
The TD's posted were equal or worse.
The sacks taken were almost always worse.
I was countering the idea that two crappy games from Dak does not make him a crappy QB or invalidate the season that he had.

And your statement, "These are facts and they are not debatable" is 1000% wrong,
Who are you to say what is or is not debatable?
I'm not a Dak apologist, but he was not the only thing wrong in Dallas last weekend, regardless of what you want to believe.

Or this

Hmmm...weird.

Not all INTs are created equal. A Hail Mary pass at the end of a half or an INT on 3rd and long that lands deep in your opponent's territory aren't costly. They can be ignored.

The interceptions Dak throws are costly, careless, reckless and game changing. 3 INTs in one game against your biggest rival when your playing for NFC supremecy is unforgivable. And Dak does it time and time again. Costly INTs when it matters most against teams the Cowboys have to beat to be true contenders.

Your stats above don't include anything with more than 1 INT. Why? What did you prove by selectively posting those? Nothing.

Dak is the reason why Dallas lost to San Francisco in the playoffs last year. He is the reason they lost to San Francisco in the regular season this year. Dak is the reason they lost to Green Bay in the playoffs last weekend. These are facts and they are not debatable.
Obviously, the INT's weren't similar, but almost every other stat was similar or worse than what Dak posted.
Those stats were games that were similar to the stats Dak posted (minus the INT's).
I was countering the idea that two crappy games from Dak does not make him a crappy QB or invalidate the season that he had.

And your statement, "These are facts and they are not debatable" is 1000% wrong,
I'm not a Dak apologist, but he was not the only thing wrong in Dallas last weekend, regardless of what you want to believe.

Well, with the exception of the shooting, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

You don't get to ignore the multiple INT games. That's the point. You don't get it.

In the NFL, you cannot continously turn the ball over and win. That's why Dallas is done in the playoffs. Again. And again.

Go defend his 2nd and 2 throw against SFO at their 18 last year at the end of the first half, game tied at 6. Go on, mate. You want me to post the video again? Who made that throw? Who pulled that trigger?

It's not "two crappy games". It's a recent history of crappy games that matter the most. Failure in the playoffs, regular season losses to better teams, again, and again, and again. How much more do you need to see?

He wasn't the only reason Dallas lost to an inferior team in the playoffs (favored by a TD+) last weekend. We agree. But his turnovers were the biggest reason why they lost. If the defense is struggling, keep them off the field. Don't hand the ball back to the opponent 43 seconds after getting it back. This is Football 101. You need to retake the class with Dak.

Or this

Hmmm...weird.

Well, with the exception of the shooting, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

You don't get to ignore the multiple INT games. That's the point. You don't get it.

In the NFL, you cannot continously turn the ball over and win. That's why Dallas is done in the playoffs. Again. And again.

Go defend his 2nd and 2 throw against SFO at their 18 last year at the end of the first half, game tied at 6. Go on, mate. You want me to post the video again? Who made that throw? Who pulled that trigger?

It's not "two crappy games". It's a recent history of crappy games that matter the most. Failure in the playoffs, regular season losses to better teams, again, and again, and again. How much more do you need to see?

He wasn't the only reason Dallas lost to an inferior team in the playoffs (favored by a TD+) last weekend. We agree. But his turnovers were the biggest reason why they lost. If the defense is struggling, keep them off the field. Don't hand the ball back to the opponent 43 seconds after getting it back. This is Football 101. You need to retake the class with Dak
So which is it?
"Dak is the reason they lost to Green Bay in the playoffs last weekend" or "He wasn't the only reason Dallas lost to an inferior team in the playoffs"?
You are contradicting yourself.

I'm not ignoring the INT's, but INT's aren't the only factor in determining QB performance.
Dak had one game in season with more than one INT.
Mahomes, Allen, Purdy, Hurts had three each.

And I'm not defending ANY of Dak's throws.
I merely pointed out that Lamar had four, VERY similar games to the two games that were pointed out that Dak had in ALMOST every way (minus the one 3 INT game).
And Lamar is an almost unanimous MVP candidate.
My original post was just to counter the idea that two crappy games clearly didn't disqualify you from MVP consideration.
Not sure where you got the idea that I'm defending Dak's playoff performance.
He has, for the most part, sucked in the playoffs.

I cannot express how much I don't care about the Cowboys. Not a fan; not a hater. I just don't really care either way. So from a completely objective (and possibly uneducated) perspective, I think Dak is the reason they're winning the games they are.

Quarterback is everything in the NFL. He had a stellar season. They whipped the Bucs on the road last year in the playoffs, so they don't always collapse.

They were woefully unprepared for the Packers game. It was 20-0 and Dak had thrown one INT. There are no 20-point touchdowns, so it's obvious the defense put them in a hole. He didn't have a great game until garbage time, but when the defense knows you have to throw, how much success can you expect to have?

Prescott/Lamb is an elite tandem in the NFL. They're just a mentally-soft team, and I think that's the locker room and the coaching. Dak might not be the tough-as-nails leader you'd want, but there aren't many of those in the NFL. Dak Prescott can win a Super Bowl, and the team has the talent to do it. I thought Belichick would be a perfect fit. I don't think he's a great evaluator of talent anymore, but give him a solid team and they WILL be prepared to play. This team is tailor-made for him to come in and prepare them for success. But they're sticking with someone who looks scared of losing his job. Not sure how many Super Bowl champs play scared.

Quarterback is everything in the NFL. He had a stellar season. They whipped the Bucs on the road last year in the playoffs, so they don't always collapse.

They were woefully unprepared for the Packers game. It was 20-0 and Dak had thrown one INT. There are no 20-point touchdowns, so it's obvious the defense put them in a hole. He didn't have a great game until garbage time, but when the defense knows you have to throw, how much success can you expect to have?

Yes. Obviously, Prescott didn't play well. But this loss was far from only on him.

I cannot express how much I don't care about the Cowboys. Not a fan; not a hater. I just don't really care either way. So from a completely objective (and possibly uneducated) perspective, I think Dak is the reason they're winning the games they are.

Prescott/Lamb is an elite tandem in the NFL. They're just a mentally-soft team, and I think that's the locker room and the coaching. Dak might not be the tough-as-nails leader you'd want, but there aren't many of those in the NFL. Dak Prescott can win a Super Bowl, and the team has the talent to do it. I thought Belichick would be a perfect fit. I don't think he's a great evaluator of talent anymore, but give him a solid team and they WILL be prepared to play. This team is tailor-made for him to come in and prepare them for success. But they're sticking with someone who looks scared of losing his job. Not sure how many Super Bowl champs play scared.

What happened the week after they whipped the Bucs last year?

It's not just about the most recent playoff exit. It's a pattern. Dak has a history of making some really concerning throws in the biggest games of the season.

Some in here think he can shed that pattern and take the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. I have seen enough to come to the opinion that he can't. Time will tell who is right but my opinion ain't changing.

Obviously the INTs weren't similar....

:lmao:

NO WAY!?!?!?!!!?!!!???

How many fumbles did Lamar have?

Without looking it it up I’d guess Lamar has a similar or worse playoff record than Dak and likely scored less points.

Ummm, Lamar can do things Dak cannot. If Dak could rush for the yardage Lamar can and keep opposing defenses on the field trying to stop him, I'd be more forgiving. But he's not a runner.

This is Lamar's big chance to prove himself. He hasn't had post-season success either but he gets a chance to change that label starting today. I'm betting on him and think he's going to be hoisting the Super Bowl MVP to go with his 2 regular season MVPs. That's my opinion, we'll see how it plays out.

Yes. Obviously, Prescott didn't play well. But this loss was far from only on him.

It doesn't have to be only on him to assert that he also doesn't have what it takes to take a team all the way. No team has ever played flawlessly en route to a championship, the great ones that have gotten it done have always had to overcome some of the mistakes and deficiencies that plague every team. In big spots, Dak has consistently done the opposite.

As GM highlighted, the Dallas defense played poorly in the first half last week, giving up two long touchdown drives to the Packers. Clearly that part isn't Dak's fault. But how did he respond? He also threw two disastrous picks that gave the Packers two MORE touchdowns. It's just what he does.

I don't have any idea how anyone thinks Dak isn't back this year. The dead money hit leaves you with Rush or something like that.

Defense switched to a zone to try and work around injuries and they didn't have the horses.

Next year is a lost year. Just face it. They can draft a QB. Let him sit out and let Dak go.

I for one would like to see what Trey Lance can do in Dallas. They traded for him, why not give him a shot? At least he offers the ability to run as an offensive weapon. The 49ers brass thought enough of him to trade major draft capital to get him so a team that's constantly kicking Dallas in the teeth when they play had a high opinion of him. He's 23. That's the age of Bo Nix and Michael Penix so he's got years ahead of him, can probably get a team friendly deal to keep him around. This should be the Cowboys' focus.

Obviously the INTs weren't similar....

:lmao:

NO WAY!?!?!?!!!?!!!???

How many fumbles did Lamar have?

Without looking it it up I’d guess Lamar has a similar or worse playoff record than Dak and likely scored less points.

Ummm, Lamar can do things Dak cannot. If Dak could rush for the yardage Lamar can and keep opposing defenses on the field trying to stop him, I'd be more forgiving. But he's not a runner.

This is Lamar's big chance to prove himself. He hasn't had post-season success either but he gets a chance to change that label starting today. I'm betting on him and think he's going to be hoisting the Super Bowl MVP to go with his 2 regular season MVPs. That's my opinion, we'll see how it plays out.

I very seriously doubt that. Looked it up. Lamar is 1-3 in the playoffs, 7 turnovers. Prescott is 2-5, 8 turnovers

This guy sure threw in a few stinkers yet IMHO hes a better QB than Brady.

The Cowboys should have never let Dak throw for 5k yards and inflate his salary. Had they just developed him slowly, focused on the run and PA, his numbers would be more aligned with his talent and subsequently his salary.

Thats all water under the bridge and the Cowboys are F'd until they either move on from or lower Prescott salary.

I don't remember many QBs flaming out in the playoffs this often for the first ten years of their career before eventually getting over the hump.
Stafford

Eh, he made it to the playoffs three times with the Lions, all three as a 6 seed. I don't think they were ever a serious Super Bowl contender in those years. There have been other QBs who have similarly won Super Bowls late in their career because they were on a bad team for the early part of their career. It's not the same, imo.

The Cowboys have made it to the playoffs five times with Dak, four of them as division winner. This team has been good enough to go all the way multiple times, and yet even as 1- and 2-seeds they haven't even gotten past the divisional round. Something's broken.

They’ve been good enough to go all the way?

...yes? I don't understand the question. Is it somehow your contention that the Cowboys have never been a legitimate Super Bowl contender since Dak took over?

So Dak has proven that he’s incapable of winning a SB but the other 21 guys are winners?

None of them are winners, because they haven't won (in a Dallas uniform at least, idk if anyone on the roster has a ring from elsewhere). But by all objective standards, Dallas has been talented enough to win the Super Bowl multiple times since Dak arrived. It's not a lack of sufficient ability that has held them back. And the defense, whatever their flaws may be, isn't responsible for the disastrous INTs Dak has thrown.

How are we the only two people in this thread that sees this? I don't get it. What has he done in a big game EVER that makes anybody think 'he's THE GUY'? It's just puzzling to me.
He’s not the guy. That’s quite obvious. We have an 8 year sample size here. Thinking he’s the guy is based on an emotional response, it’s not an evidence based claim.
It would be a plausible contention if Dallas even got to a conference title game. The team’s failures, by no measure are just on him. Nonetheless, his playoff performances have been bad. He’s been a major contributor to the playoff problem, not a solution.

Not getting an extension, will coach on an expiring contract.
This is a minor miracle. At least there’s that.

Although, if things start rocky next season, you gotta wonder how/if this impacts team cohesion seeing as their coach is an impending FA….?

He saves this job by developing Lance. It's his only path forward to another contract in Dallas.
Yep. But we know Dallas is ride or die with Dak and that decision has the Cowboys on life support, at least with regard to winning a title.

Dallas clearly should feel better about last week. Green Bay is much better than anyone (including me) gave them credit for. Probably should have beaten San Francisco at home.

He saves this job by developing Lance. It's his only path forward to another contract in Dallas.

For real-life NFL QB ranking, where would you have Prescott ranked?

Here's where FBGs had him in fantasy. I think he's a better fantasy QB but worse real life QB.

I'd safely put Stroud, Purdy, Tua, Goff, STafford, and Love above him. I'd drop Fields, Watson, Jones, and Geno below him.

TIER 1
1Josh Allen BUF7418.3516.5275131-1.32.0
2Patrick Mahomes II KC6415.2016.5286105+31.82.8
3Jalen Hurts PHI7413.1216.3253106+31.32.8
TIER 2
4Joe Burrow CIN7370.8316.32737-u/r2.33.7
5Lamar Jackson BAL7363.6615.6275132-31.83.6
6Justin Herbert LAC7361.3716.52535-u/r1.72.5
7Justin Fields CHI7349.8916.224213-u/r1.63.3
8Trevor Lawrence JAX7338.7116.52429-u/r1.73.0
9Deshaun Watson CLE6330.2016.32865-u/r2.73.6
10Anthony Richardson IND7329.7516.222R11-u/r2.64.6
11Kirk Cousins MIN6328.8116.5351113-u/r1.22.3
12Daniel Jones NYG5321.8716.326413-u/r2.22.3
13Geno Smith SEA5318.3516.033105-u/r1.52.4
14Dak Prescott DAL4313.4115.930773-111.33.0
15Jared Goff DET6299.1916.329797-81.32.8
16Tua Tagovailoa MIA7297.7415.32531011-53.42.6
17Aaron Rodgers NYJ5294.9616.340187-u/r1.32.6
18Kenny Pickett PIT6284.9616.22516-u/r2.01.7
19Russell Wilson DEN5283.2615.835119-u/r2.02.8
20Derek Carr NO4279.6016.332911-u/r1.52.3
21Jordan Love GB6269.8516.2253612-92.03.0
22Bryce Young CAR6267.2416.222R7-u/r1.83.0
23Sam Howell WAS5264.7815.323114-u/r1.52.2
TIER 3
24Brock Purdy SF5260.4915.124194-202.02.5
25Matthew Stafford LAR5259.6315.63514108-171.83.0
26Jimmy Garoppolo LV4252.5515.432913-u/r3.02.0
27C.J. Stroud HOU5251.3315.622R710-171.32.5
TIER 4
28Mac Jones NE4243.2515.425211-u/r2.02.5
29Ryan Tannehill TEN4239.3515.435117-u/r2.53.0
TIER 5
30Kyler Murray ARI7209.9911.426414-u/r2.94.3
31Desmond Ridder ATL6197.1213.924111-u/r2.02.0
FREE AGENTS
32Baker Mayfield TB4184.0912.6285513-192.53.5

Here's where FBGs had him in fantasy. I think he's a better fantasy QB but worse real life QB.

I'd safely put Stroud, Purdy, Tua, Goff, STafford, and Love above him. I'd drop Fields, Watson, Jones, and Geno below him.

TIER 1
TIER 2
TIER 3
TIER 4
TIER 5
FREE AGENTS

Thanks. So where would that rank him in real life, not fantasy, QBs on your list?

TIER 1
TIER 2
TIER 3
TIER 4
TIER 5
FREE AGENTS

Thanks. So where would that rank him in real life, not fantasy, QBs on your list?
Salary and age adjusted or 2024 only season all the same salary?

For real-life NFL QB ranking, where would you have Prescott ranked?

Middle of the pack, around Derrick Carr and Baker Mayfield.

Here are GM's real life QB rankings as of today, in tiers:

1. Mahomes
2. Lamar Jackson
3. Josh Allen
4. Joe Burrow

5. Tua
6. Herbert
7. CJ Stroud
8. Hurts
9. Purdy
10. Jordan Love

11. Stafford
12. Aaron Rodgers
13. Kirk Cousins

14. Goff
15. Prescott
16. Mayfield
17. Lawrence (I was high on him but he was atrocious when it mattered most. I'd take him over Prescott though if I was starting a team)
18. Carr

19. Kyler Murray
20. Justin Fields
21. Anthony Richardson
22. Geno Smith
23. Russell Wilson
24. DeShawn Watson

25. Bryce Young
26. Will Levis
27. Daniel Jones

222228. Kenny Pickett (I don't think he's a real NFL QB).

I'm not ranking QBs for these teams because I don't believe they have their 2024 starter on the roster.

Atlanta
Washington
Denver
Las Vegas
New England

C'mon @Neil Beaufort Zod . Keep up. It's moved from "can't win playoff games" to "Can't win enough playoff games". Try to keep up ;)

I'm just thankful the Ravens were able to beat the mighty Houston Texans in Baltimore last night so we can finally say Lamar Jackson is not terrible. ;)

I would love - LOVE - for you to defend Prescott's 2nd and 2 throw at the San Francsico 18, 1:40ish left in the 2nd Quarter, score tied at 6. I've asked Dak supporters repeatedly to defend that throw. Here it is again:

I have yet to hear or read a person who can come to Dak's defense in that throw. Problem is, it's not a singular event for him. See the Packers' game, Bills' game and San Francisco game from this season. It's a problem. It's a pattern. At 30, when does he correct this?

TIER 1
TIER 2
TIER 3
TIER 4
TIER 5
FREE AGENTS

Salary and age adjusted or 2024 only season all the same salary?

No, all the same salary. No accounting for age or contract.

C'mon @Neil Beaufort Zod . Keep up. It's moved from "can't win playoff games" to "Can't win enough playoff games". Try to keep up ;)

I'm just thankful the Ravens were able to beat the mighty Houston Texans in Baltimore last night so we can finally say Lamar Jackson is not terrible. ;)

I would love - LOVE - for you to defend Prescott's 2nd and 2 throw at the San Francsico 18, 1:40ish left in the 2nd Quarter, score tied at 6. I've asked Dak supporters repeatedly to defend that throw. Here it is again:

I have yet to hear or read a person who can come to Dak's defense in that throw. Problem is, it's not a singular event for him. See the Packers' game, Bills' game and San Francisco game from this season. It's a problem. It's a pattern. At 30, when does he correct this?

I don't think I've ever had the position every play he makes is defendable. :shrug:

Dallas clearly should feel better about last week. Green Bay is much better than anyone (including me) gave them credit for. Probably should have beaten San Francisco at home.
In theory, yes, I guess a little better.
Despite that, given the vote of confidence to MM and likely Dak extension, this team is still not Super Bowl timber.

This loss will linger. For whatever reason, this team is not resilient; they are strong when things are going well, but when a leak springs from the dam, it isn’t plugged. Instead, it opens the floodgates.

Until that’s fixed and I don’t think there is any evidence that things will be different, the Cowboys will again drown in the playoffs.

I don't think I've ever had the position every play he makes is defendable. :shrug:

But when you say you think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl and I ask you "why" and you respond "by watching him play" well, here's a clip of him playing, in the biggest game of last year and what does he do? What do you see by watching him play here?

If you're going to suggest he's good enough to win a Super Bowl, you have to also accept that he is one of the reasons why they haven't been to a Super Bowl. They haven't even gotten close. And a large reason for that is interceptions thrown by Dak.

But when you say you think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl and I ask you "why" and you respond "by watching him play" well, here's a clip of him playing, in the biggest game of last year and what does he do? What do you see by watching him play here?

If you're going to suggest he's good enough to win a Super Bowl, you have to also accept that he is one of the reasons why they haven't been to a Super Bowl. They haven't even gotten close. And a large reason for that is interceptions thrown by Dak.
Your last paragraph is particularly good- despite not even getting close, there’s this mythological belief that the Cowboys have gotten close. The actual results of the playoff games debunk this readily: 2-5, no title game appearances.

Of course there are bad plays. My opinion is based on watching the body of work this year over a 17-game season.

It's what I always say, focus on the movie more than the snapshot. But that's entirely my opinion.

Green Bay is much better than anyone (including me) gave them credit for.

Heh.

I had GB beating Dallas and giving SF a tough game but that their undoing would come because of SF's strength at inside linebacker (I picked the wrong dominant guy, but nobody's perfect). I even recorded it for posterity on these very forums.

Just figured that if you're including "everyone" that you might appreciate somebody who has logged 88,000 or so posts on your site. LOL.

I'm laughing as I type this, given that it's ridiculous that I care and want to set the record straight that I was convinced that Green Bay and their slew of young receivers plus Aaron Jones would give those two teams fits.

But here it is.

Good on you all in this debate. You're all good people.

Green Bay is much better than anyone (including me) gave them credit for.

Heh.

I had GB beating Dallas and giving SF a tough game but that their undoing would come because of SF's strength at inside linebacker (I picked the wrong dominant guy, but nobody's perfect). I even recorded it for posterity on these very forums.

Just figured that if you're including "everyone" that you might appreciate somebody who has logged 88,000 or so posts on your site. LOL.

I'm laughing as I type this, given that it's ridiculous that I care and want to set the record straight that I was convinced that Green Bay and their slew of young receivers plus Aaron Jones would give those two teams fits.

But here it is.

Good on you all in this debate. You're all good people.
Sure. Green Bay is much better than almost everyone (including me) gave them credit for.

Dallas has only won 36 games the last 3 years (1 less than KC).

Of course Jerry is one of the better owners in the league. Of course we're one of the better teams in the league. Of course Dak needs to play better in the postseason. Of course we should keep our options open at QB. Of course we need to tweak our D even though we have one of the better units in the league. Of course we have a chance at a title.

When I look around the NFC, the team that scares me the most is Green Bay. They could be really good with what looks to be a developing franchise QB, but just how high their ceiling gets remains to be seen. The 9ers are a threat, but Purdy could hold them back (similar to Dak). Detroit could make the cardinal sin of extending and paying big money to a guy like Goff as they start their window (dead team walking syndrome) so I want to see how they handle the QB position. Philly is a mess right now.

Look around the league...I'll take it.

Last edited:
In theory, yes, I guess a little better.

Interesting. What more would Green Bay have to have done against San Francisco last night to make you think they were a better team than most people had given them credit for?
Perhaps I should clarify- Green Bay is, without question, better than they were being given credit for. My feelings, despite this, aren’t all that different regarding the Cowboys loss. It was a home game and they were favored by a touchdown.

Perhaps I should clarify- Green Bay is, without question, better than they were being given credit for. My feelings, despite this, aren’t all that different regarding the Cowboys loss.

Thanks. We'll disagree there. I put significant value on the quality of the opponent when evaluating an outcome. When that value changes, it's notable for me.

Of course there are bad plays. My opinion is based on watching the body of work this year over a 17-game season.

It's what I always say, focus on the movie more than the snapshot. But that's entirely my opinion.

And, this movie ended much the same way as the ending of last year's movie and the movie before that one with Dak hurting his whole team with costly turnovers and poor decision making. It's not a regular season league, my man. It's a post season league. Fans of the Cowboys want post season success. Dak has not delivered that. He has the same number of post season wins as Baker Mayfield who is on his 4th team.

At this point, I've said all I can say about Dak. You asked where I rank him, I see that my REAL LIFE QB rankings are about where FBGs had him ranked this summer for fantasy - middle of the pack.

Well, middle of the pack isn't good enough to win the Super Bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread