What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread (1 Viewer)

Feels like he is intentionally just making really dumb decisions. I'd be furious as a falcons fan...

I totally get the frustration, but it’s hard to get your offense going with their QB talent. FFers are quick to call out Smith, but maybe Pitts isn’t nearly as good as his draft status would indicate. Jonnu has more catches/yards/TDs on fewer targets.

London has a high ceiling, but let’s not pretend he’s played commensurate with his draft slot. And it’s possible Smith’s hands are tied as far as Bijan is concerned. It’s not crazy to think management didn’t want to give him a bunch of touches in his rookie season when they aren’t ready to compete in the playoffs. Or maybe Bijan is having trouble adapting to the abuse an NFL RB takes. He stated he was sore before the 1-touch game. Could be several factors at play.

Last edited:
Looked up the stats for this year’s Falcons and so far Bijan leads the team in total touches with 131 (and Allgeier right behind him with 127). That’s surprised me a bit because it hasn’t felt like he’s led the team in touches. Kind of like Pitts’ 1,026 yard rookie season didn’t feel like it because he only reached the end zone once all season. Both guys whose volume stats in 2023 don’t match up to their talent profile.

Looked up the stats for this year’s Falcons and so far Bijan leads the team in total touches with 131 (and Allgeier right behind him with 127). That’s surprised me a bit because it hasn’t felt like he’s led the team in touches. Kind of like Pitts’ 1,026 yard rookie season didn’t feel like it because he only reached the end zone once all season. Both guys whose volume stats in 2023 don’t match up to their talent profile.
Yeah it's because Allgeier gets the ball so often when he is on the field compared to Robinson who has played twice as many snaps as Allgeier that it seems like this.

I do think it's somewhat bad coaching that Allgeier gets the ball so much when he is on the field. Defenses must know this. It makes it more difficult for Allgier to be successful because of that. When the Falcons do self scouting/quality control they must realize this.

That said the way they use Allgeier is just daring teams to stop it and they must think they can't. Allgier did pretty much drive the field vs the Vikings for a go ahead score. So credit to him for those successful runs even though the defense must know it's coming.

So the line moved from Colts -2.5 to Falcons -2.5. Am I missing something here? Heinicke can't be worth that much.

I'm surprised that for all the years all of us longtimers have been around this Forum, that I can't remember anyone who's an actual Falcons fan...

...but for all those who are, congratulations on landing Kirk Cousins!

As a long time, long-suffering WFTskins fan, I love Kirk Cousins and competent, focused Ownership/Management.

Blank seems to be a good Team Owner. Glad he got Bijan, Drake, Pitts, etc a quality QB. I hope this works out great for you guys!

I am a WAS first guy. But ATL is my #2 w all my family from Valdosta area. This move really freed them up for the draft and to win now. It's a solid move. And a good draft position for them to pick up an Edge , CB, and WR with four picks in rounds 1-3. And a good owner doesn't hurt. Hoping for a good season.

32BeatWriters
.@MattHarmon_BYB’s thoughts on Falcons offense:
“Everyone on the Falcons roster is a huge winner. Drake London has the skills needed to be a prototypical No. 1 star-caliber X-receiver. After dealing with bottom-barrel quarterback play in his first two seasons, Cousins’ arrival puts London at the top of any wide receiver breakout list…Bijan Robinson was already destined to be a high fantasy draft pick but being paired with a quality quarterback only cements his positive outlook…You can even feel free to hold out hope for Kyle Pitts after several injury-marred seasons. The ecosystem trending up can be the rising tide that lifts all boats for the Falcons offense.”

Users who are viewing this thread