What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

Excellent breakdown of the Brotherly Shove. Based on how defenses align and if they bring out 6 linemen. We could go in motion and create a max blocking front with chances of getting single coverage on a WR, TE or HB. It's not going to surprise me if we have a far deeper playbook based on the bodies the defense brings out to stop it.

That was very interesting and it all makes sense. I also agree that they almost certainly have some plays to pivot to from the initial alignment depending on what kind of ‘organized mass’ the defense trots out. Almost guarantee at some point a defense lines up nothing but offensive linemen and Jalen just steps back and flips it to Swift to burn off a fast sweep. But not until the playoffs, lol.
They did something similar a couple weeks ago, which was good to get on tape now and make defenses worry about it before going all out to stop the shove.
It was a sweep play ran to the left that wasn’t too successful

Monday forecast looks a little dicey.

Supposed to be rainy and about 43 degrees and 10 mph winds at kick off. Lots of time for this to change obviously but something to keep an eye on. That low of wind usually doesn't affect much at Arrowhead though. But the moisture might. Supposed to rain all day and into the evening.
Easy Chiefs win. It's in the bag. No other way around it. Congrats in advance man!

Dean had his surgery. Can possibly return later in the year but highly unlikely according to reports. A lot would have to go right for him to return.

Dean had his surgery. Can possibly return later in the year but highly unlikely according to reports. A lot would have to go right for him to return.
I'm out on him. Not like we will draft a LB anyway next year, but between his injuries and just lack of coverage skills and the defense looking "meh" when he has been, I'm not a believer that he will make any impact with us moving forward.

I'm out on him. Not like we will draft a LB anyway next year, but between his injuries and just lack of coverage skills and the defense looking "meh" when he has been, I'm not a believer that he will make any impact with us moving forward.
I mean it is only his 2nd year and he's had injuries. We're not out on Sydney Brown but he's had similar problems. We all seem to think he'll be fine eventually though.

I'll give Dean another season or so to see what he does. If the coaches eventually are out on him though, no real point then.

Kelce traveled to Argentina over the weekend for his bye week, so he's gonna be a tired mess for this game.
Is this for real? Who does that during the season?
Is it really that big of a deal? South America isn't that big of a time difference. It's not like he went to Asia or Eastern Europe.

Private plane I'm sure...with all the comforts. No big deal.

Kelce traveled to Argentina over the weekend for his bye week, so he's gonna be a tired mess for this game.
Is it really that big of a deal? South America isn't that big of a time difference. It's not like he went to Asia or Eastern Europe.

Maybe it's not. I just didn't know NFL players took vacations during the season.

Maybe it's not. I just didn't know NFL players took vacations during the season.

during the bye week it happens all the time

If you're dating Taylor Swift, then life is a vacation.

Excellent breakdown of the Brotherly Shove. Based on how defenses align and if they bring out 6 linemen. We could go in motion and create a max blocking front with chances of getting single coverage on a WR, TE or HB. It's not going to surprise me if we have a far deeper playbook based on the bodies the defense brings out to stop it.

That was very interesting and it all makes sense. I also agree that they almost certainly have some plays to pivot to from the initial alignment depending on what kind of ‘organized mass’ the defense trots out. Almost guarantee at some point a defense lines up nothing but offensive linemen and Jalen just steps back and flips it to Swift to burn off a fast sweep. But not until the playoffs, lol.
They did something similar a couple weeks ago, which was good to get on tape now and make defenses worry about it before going all out to stop the shove.
It was against Washington and they scored a TD. Doesn't get any better than that.

Hes a real pimp if he got her to pay for the trip

I'd imagine she did. It's like paying for a $20 bus ticket to her.

I'd be ashamed to be dating some girly-pop singer, but I'll give him this: if he ends up marrying her to leave with half her money, he'll earn my respect back. (And we all know my respect is what he's truly after.)

I'd imagine she did. It's like paying for a $20 bus ticket to her.

Probably less than that
She's rolling in cash

Yep South America isn’t a bad trip besides the travel time. Most likely private or first class. Josh McCown use to fly from Philly to Carolina to coach his kids HS football team on Fridays and come back that night it early next day to for a Sunday game

It was against Washington and they scored a TD. Doesn't get any better than that.
Im thinking of another play they ran out of it earlier in the year. They ran a sweep play to the left.

I'd be ashamed to be dating some girly-pop singer, but I'll give him this: if he ends up marrying her to leave with half her money, he'll earn my respect back. (And we all know my respect is what he's truly after.)
Interesting take here. "Girly pop" singer is sending me lol

I'd be ashamed to be dating some girly-pop singer
You'd be ashamed to be dating a talented, successful, semi-attractive younger girl that has a lot of money, watches NFL, and doesn't totally suck singing in the car on road trips?

Damn.
In a vacuum, it'd be cool. I wouldn't be able to handle the public scrutiny and lack of privacy though.
fair enough, but I wouldn't be ASHAMED

Eagles waived Myles Jack from reserve retired list and Bernard Williams from reserve-suspended list.

Bernard Williams was an offensive tackle who was suspended indefinitely in NINETEEN NINETY FIVE for weed after being named to the 1994 all-rookie team. He apparently never applied for reinstatement and then went to the CFL. He is now 51 years old. :lol:

I'd be ashamed to be dating some girly-pop singer
You'd be ashamed to be dating a talented, successful, semi-attractive younger girl that has a lot of money, watches NFL, and doesn't totally suck singing in the car on road trips?

Damn.
my thoughts exactly....seems just plain weird to me. Semi doesn't really belong though. Not a ten, but certainly attractive

Eagles waived Myles Jack from reserve retired list and Bernard Williams from reserve-suspended list.

Bernard Williams was an offensive tackle who was suspended indefinitely in NINETEEN NINETY FIVE for weed after being named to the 1994 all-rookie team. He apparently never applied for reinstatement and then went to the CFL. He is now 51 years old. :lol:
Was just coming to post this. I remember him getting suspended. Crazy.

Ok that’s interesting

Last weekend my 7 year old daughter asked me how I would rank: Taylor Swift, my wife and my sister. My rankings: 1. Wife, 2. Sister, 3. Swift. It was the right answer.
Wait, you'd rather bang your sister than Taylor Swift?
Well my 7 year old didn't ask me how I would rank them in terms of "bangability" lol. She asked me how I would rank them in order of "being pretty". Taylor Swift does nothing for me. :shrug:

Had a nightmare last night we lost to KC, went on a 3 game losing skid, and lost the #1 seed so we had to host a WC game. It was against MIN and Josh Dobbs threw 4 TDsand knocked us out of the playoffs.

That would be such a Philly outcome.

Had a nightmare last night we lost to KC, went on a 3 game losing skid, and lost the #1 seed so we had to host a WC game. It was against MIN and Josh Dobbs threw 4 TDsand knocked us out of the playoffs.

Booo! That’s old Philly. This team is CLUTCH!

Sounds Philly enough

Last weekend my 7 year old daughter asked me how I would rank: Taylor Swift, my wife and my sister. My rankings: 1. Wife, 2. Sister, 3. Swift. It was the right answer.
Wait, you'd rather bang your sister than Taylor Swift?
He’s from West Virgina, give him a break
As a guy who has some of his closest friends from West Virginia, I take offense to this. But no I’m not from West Virginia. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread