What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

#Eagles DB Avonte Maddox will have surgery this week to repair a torn pec, sources say after an MRI and additional opinions. The injury will keep him out indefinitely, potentially for the season.

Per Caplan

#Eagles are signing former #Steelers and #Jets P Braden Mann to their practice squad, a source said. He worked out for the #Eagles recently.
Outside chance Siposs is still around for this game so they can get his 3rd call up out of him, before releasing him, then do the same with Braden for at least 3 games. If he's still not the answer, maybe they go full "streaming punters" from the practice squad all season to save a 53-man roster spot on other, non-punter positions!

#Eagles DB Avonte Maddox will have surgery this week to repair a torn pec, sources say after an MRI and additional opinions. The injury will keep him out indefinitely, potentially for the season.

He carries a $10M cap hit next season. Sounds like he's played his last game as an Eagle.
As soon as Isaiah Rodgers is reinstated, Maddox will be shown the door. Smart for him to sign the deal when he did. 5'9 180 lbs guys that play like they are 6'4/250 usually don't last too long (like Bob Sanders)

TB to to celebrate Ronde Barber's Hall of Fame induction against Eagles on MNF.

Even as someone that will be at this game, I gotta respect the pettiness. Will now be taking a long bathroom break at halftime, for sure.
Why is this petty? It's the only prime-time home game they have all season.

It's not, but go ahead.
Go ahead with what?

With bringing bad information into the thread. It's pathetic you don't even know your own teams prime-time schedule.

Even as someone that will be at this game, I gotta respect the pettiness. Will now be taking a long bathroom break at halftime, for sure.

It's not, but go ahead.
Go ahead with what?

With bringing bad information into the thread. It's pathetic you don't even know your own teams prime-time schedule.
Their only other prime time game is a Thursday at the Bills. Not sure what I'm missing?

Obviously honoring Ronde against the Eagles on MNF is appropriate. There's nothing "petty" about it.

Their only other prime time game is a Thursday at the Bills. Not sure what I'm missing?

Obviously honoring Ronde against the Eagles on MNF is appropriate. There's nothing "petty" about it.

Just making a joke about how doing this when playing the team that Ronde traumatized generations of Eagles fans after the NFCCG, in our final game at our previous stadium, is twisting the knife.

Not sure there's a requirement that acknowledging him has to be at a prime time game, though.

Just making a joke about how doing this when playing the team that Ronde traumatized generations of Eagles fans after the NFCCG, in our final game at our previous stadium, is twisting the knife.

Not sure there's a requirement that acknowledging him has to be at a prime time game, though.
Ya know, I have forgiven McNabb for the Ronde INT. Not like we were going to win that game after the Joe Jurevicious TD anyway.

But throwing 3 picks to Ricky Manning JR is the one that I STILL won't ever get over. Lost 14-3 to those guys kills me to this day.

The players with more pressures than Jalen Carter through 2 games:

Aidan Hutchinson 13 on 127 snaps
Micah Parsons 12 on 82 snaps

Jalen Carter: 11 on 68 snaps

This is impressive if you ask me. From a DT position that basically lines up in the same spot. I haven't seen what Aiden does but Micah moves all over the line of scrimmage.

That's the highlight play of his career. Can't wait to see it over and over again on Monday! :wink:

Former eagle cjgj tore pec

Of all the guys that left, he was the only one I wanted back.
Now we can bring him back hopefully

But what are you getting? That's now 2 years in a row that he's going to miss significant time. He's just a guy who plays a bigger game than his body can handle.
Right. This is 3rd consecutive season CJGJ will miss at least 5 games. Just like Avonte Maddox. And they both just suffered the same exact injury in the second game of the season.

Former eagle cjgj tore pec

Of all the guys that left, he was the only one I wanted back.
Now we can bring him back hopefully

But what are you getting? That's now 2 years in a row that he's going to miss significant time. He's just a guy who plays a bigger game than his body can handle.
#Lions placed CB C.J. Gardner-Johnson and DE James Houston on IR

Gardner-Johnson's season could be over after just 2 games due to a pec injury he suffered vs. the Seattle Seahawks

Gardner-Johnson was tied for the NFL lead last year with 6 INTs

Opposing QBs had just a 78.4 rating when throwing at Gardner-Johnson last year with Eagles

Dude, in this thread some people get butthurt about nothing. Daily.
The mods actually came in here and told them to suck it up and stop whining last season.
Don’t sweat it imo

The mods actually came in here and told them to suck it up and stop whining last season.
Don’t sweat it imo
Yet, here you are, like always. A figurative fly on poop, nattering away asking to be verbally wedgie-ed by Birds fans. You’re a little brother, aren’t you?

Don’t sweat it imo
Yet, here you are, like always. A figurative fly on poop, nattering away asking to be verbally wedgie-ed by Birds fans. You’re a little brother, aren’t you?

Don't feed the trolls. They don't add any relevant content to the thread, they're just here to take pot-shots and then slink away when the inevitable January collapse happens.

I'm expecting a much better looking Eagles team this week. They basically had two week 1 games with the short week.
I think so too. Gonna be an interesting game against two undefeated teams. Bucs don't look to have a bad defense at all really and running the ball may be a challenge. The Early MNF game hell yeah.

I'm expecting a much better looking Eagles team this week. They basically had two week 1 games with the short week.
I think so too. Gonna be an interesting game against two undefeated teams. Bucs don't look to have a bad defense at all really and running the ball may be a challenge. The Early MNF game hell yeah.
Their defense is good. The offense hasn't really been tested yet. I would expect the Vikings and Bears are two of the worst defenses in the NFL, and Tampa struggled at times to move it against both of them. I don't think they'll be able to run it all against Philly. Baker has been pressured, but hasn't turned it over and has avoided taking sacks so far. Not sure he can keep that up.

Early measuring stick for the Bucs to see if they can keep it close and hang with the class of the NFC. My guess is they can't.

Their defense is good. The offense hasn't really been tested yet. I would expect the Vikings and Bears are two of the worst defenses in the NFL, and Tampa struggled at times to move it against both of them. I don't think they'll be able to run it all against Philly. Baker has been pressured, but hasn't turned it over and has avoided taking sacks so far. Not sure he can keep that up.

Early measuring stick for the Bucs to see if they can keep it close and hang with the class of the NFC. My guess is they can't.
Agree with most of this. Baker is not great, but he understands "What works" when it does so I'd expect a heavy dose of

1. passed to Mike Evans
2. For them to try to exploit the slot matchup aka put Godwin there vs whoever we put there
3. Dink/dunk to Rashaad White

I don't think they will have much success running the ball, but they will probably try as much as NE and MN did.

Agree with most of this. Baker is not great, but he understands "What works" when it does so I'd expect a heavy dose of

1. passed to Mike Evans
2. For them to try to exploit the slot matchup aka put Godwin there vs whoever we put there
3. Dink/dunk to Rashaad White

I don't think they will have much success running the ball, but they will probably try as much as NE and MN did.
The running game is much more modern/innovative than it was during the Brady years. They may try a few more "cute" things than normal to try to steal some rushing yards. Traditional runs aren't likely to be successful. Evans typically struggles, gets frustrated, and checks out against better corners like Slay. I would expect a bigger game from Godwin this week.

I don't think the Bucs have enough to keep up yet. I'll watch the 2002 NFCCG and 2021 Wild Card Game prior to kick off just in case that prediction materializes.

About the only time I will root for Philly is when they are facing Faker Mayfield. Hate OU and his Boomer Sooner face 😄.
Hoping for a stat line of 5/23 28 yards, 0 TDs, 4 picks, 7 sacks and pulled at halftime.

About the only time I will root for Philly is when they are facing Faker Mayfield. Hate OU and his Boomer Sooner face 😄.
Hoping for a stat line of 5/23 28 yards, 0 TDs, 4 picks, 7 sacks and pulled at halftime.
I need more info on this anti-Philly reasoning haha.

I'll take that stat line though.

Don’t sweat it imo
Yep they hate I’m not massaging Hurts Groin area like some do here

The Eagles have activated Britain Covey to the active roster so he does not have to be promoted from the practice squad every week. The Eagles also placed Avonte Maddox on injured reserve. 

I need more info on this anti-Philly reasoning haha.

I'll take that stat line though.
It’s a college thing. OU and any team in Texas are bitter rivals. We probably take our college football more serious than the NFL. Ask anybody from Texas what time it is and the answer is always “(the time) and OU still sucks!” But Baker took the cockiness to a whole new level. Lol Probably the most hated of all 🤷🏼‍♂️

For those into historical numbers, on Get Up this morning.

Teams to score 70+ points and allow 10 or fewer (1st 2 games)
2023 Cowboys (70-10), ???
2019 Patriots (76-3), lost in the WC
1970 Lions (78-3), lost in DIV round
1967 Raiders (86-7), lost in SB
1966 Oilers (76-7), missed playoffs

I think it will be competitive. Probably will take the Eagles against the spread, and agree the Bucs won't be able to run much, but i do think Mike Evans will get some long catches. i don't think they will move Slay around much because Godwin needs to be watched too, and Baker does love to air it out. Should be fun

Don’t sweat it imo
Eagles fans are so TOUGH :lmao:

I know Tampa’s Defense is still stout, but this is the week the Offense gets on track. Big stats day for Hurts, and finally makes AJ happy. I see the Birds posting 37+ on Tampa and the game is never close.

Users who are viewing this thread