What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

63 Tyler Steen G Bama great pick

64 Sydney Brown DB Ilini
Good with both positions and players

Reading Steen's scouting report.

"Overall, Steen is an offensive line prospect whose best reps appear to be NFL starter-caliber, but his lack of technique makes him a prospect that is susceptible to being beaten by pass rushers who possess high-level athletic traits of size, speed, and power. Steen’s improvement in one year at Alabama gives optimism to the idea that Steen can and will continue to develop on the next level."

Could be a huge steal for Philly under Stoutland.

"Overall, Steen is an offensive line prospect whose best reps appear to be NFL starter-caliber, but his lack of technique makes him a prospect that is susceptible to being beaten by pass rushers who possess high-level athletic traits of size, speed, and power. Steen’s improvement in one year at Alabama gives optimism to the idea that Steen can and will continue to develop on the next level."

He’s still relatively raw and new to the position. Even with that said he started for Alabama. Also plays multiple positions as well. Has a shot to start at RG and Brown may even be the best safety on the roster. Not sure how to take that yet lol

64 Sydney Brown DB Ilini

Wouldn't really call him a 'huge steal". He's the one pick I'm not thrilled with, but meh OL are never that sexy of picks.

64 Sydney Brown DB Ilini

Wouldn't really call him a 'huge steal". He's the one pick I'm not thrilled with, but meh OL are never that sexy of picks.
I have confidence Stoutland can mold him into a reliable starter.

64 Sydney Brown DB Ilini

I have confidence Stoutland can mold him into a reliable starter.
Same. Have to think Stoutland got to pick who he wanted and who he thinks can develop.

With just a 6th and three 7th rounders left, pretty safe to say this will go down as one of the most universally praised drafts by Eagles fans and Philly media.

Difficult to quibble with how and where they used their (limited) resources in Rounds 1-3.

With just a 6th and three 7th rounders left, pretty safe to say this will go down as one of the most universally praised drafts by Eagles fans and Philly media.

Difficult to quibble with how and where they used their (limited) resources in Rounds 1-3.
Little surprised they didnt draft a RB yesterday..but also shouldnt be surprised how the draft went either. Pass rusher and 2 dudes in the trenches is their MO, and grabbing a safety was more of a need then RB, so..

Andrew Vorhees is an intriguing possibility if he’s still there in the 6th. A stash pick with a redshirt year needed coming off an ACL at the combine and he’s already 24 years old. That said, he offers tremendous value at that point even if he can be Jack Driscoll v2 for the next 4 years with a higher upside.

I'm liking the idea of throwing a 7th to Detroit for DeAndre Swift. You get him for his final year of his rookie deal and see what he can do. Detroit has zero leverage. They're going to cut him. So a 7th should get it done.

Really happy eagles have finally focused their drafting on sec prospects. Wish they had started sooner but the last few years have been well done

If you don't draft SEC you aren't gonna be good. Probably the most dominate conference since I've been alive consistently in my 34 yrs of living. B1G had a decent run but was mostly from OSU and ACC had a UM run. But the SEC in the last 24 yrs has had LSU, 'Mama, UF and UGA all win multiple titles. Just remarkable

I'm liking the idea of throwing a 7th to Detroit for DeAndre Swift. You get him for his final year of his rookie deal and see what he can do. Detroit has zero leverage. They're going to cut him. So a 7th should get it done.

He also gets to come home which could help too.

Was just reading a quote from Howie where he mentioned doing something like this if they have a higher grade on a player than the round they’re giving up.

Yeah Stranger right it's good picks but drafting all these uGA players makes me feel a bit sleazy. At least it's not all Free Shoes University guys

Users who are viewing this thread