What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

Lions real quick to put any thoughts about a home playoff game in Philly to rest.

Back to worrying about Baker Mayfield throwing 5 TDs tomorrow!

Reactions: JAA
Guys, we’re going to have to exercise some patience. They’re going to be trolling extra hard in here now because of this loss.
After all the trash they’ve talked all season and they are guaranteed an equal season to ours at best….hopefully they have some self awareness.
Tonight it will be with how obsessed we are with them.

Yet they talk about the Eagles 2X as much as they talk about the Cowboys on this board.
I can't even find their team thread.

• Thanks
Guys, we’re going to have to exercise some patience. They’re going to be trolling extra hard in here now because of this loss.
After all the trash they’ve talked all season and they are guaranteed an equal season to ours at best….hopefully they have some self awareness.

Yet they talk about the Eagles 2X as much as they talk about the Cowboys on this board.
It's hidden for me because it was started by someone I have on ignore. I think you can find it if you go to the pinned post of links to team threads.

It's hidden for me because it was started by someone I have on ignore. I think you can find it if you go to the pinned post of links to team threads.
Found it! Weird how the 2 Cowboys fans that love trolling our thread have nothing to say about their own team coming off one of the biggest playoff chokes of all time.

NINE ALL PRO PLAYERS! NINE.

Become the first team ever to lose to a 7 seed while they were riding a 15 game home winning streak. To a QB in his first full season starting. Epic collapse.

Found it! Weird how the 2 Cowboys fans that love trolling our thread have nothing to say about their own team coming off one of the biggest playoff chokes of all time.

Become the first team ever to lose to a 7 seed while they were riding a 15 game home winning streak. To a QB in his first full season starting. Epic collapse.
I wouldn't know, I don't engage with the FBG poster equivalents of Skip Bayless. :laugh:

ETA: Yes, I know Bayless has not been silent at all, but he's doing that for clicks and ratings. He wouldn't say a thing if he was a regular fan.

Are we really surprised though? They are who we thought they were.

Are we really surprised though? They are who we thought they were.
LOVE IT.

I’m here? I have no answer or defense. They sucked, no excuses. Big changes needed.

So Dak further proves he's just a regular season statwhore who always fails to produce in the postseason. Lol.
Just like Romo before him.

I thought the curse was lifted? Apparently not

I can assure you there is no greater curse than being a Cowboy’s fan in present day. Only franchise more cursed is the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Sadly, I’m a fan of both.

Ouch!

I wouldn't know, I don't engage with the FBG poster equivalents of Skip Bayless. :laugh:

ETA: Yes, I know Bayless has not been silent at all, but he's doing that for clicks and ratings. He wouldn't say a thing if he was a regular fan.
Skip is like that regularly. Paramount and Serie A (Italian football league) have hosted two events in the last year with my club as the center of attention. Matteo Bonetti who’s been the English voice for the league worked for ESPN for 2-3 yrs when they had the rights. He and a few of the staff who worked at ESPN had a lot to say about how ESPN handled the league and ESPN issues in general. He met skip a few times. Him and others I’ve met over the years on ESPN said he’s like that no matter what.

I’m here? I have no answer or defense. They sucked, no excuses. Big changes needed.
Like I said before, you are one of the good ones, I'd expect you to not tuck and run like those other yahoos.

I don't see them doing the crazy stuff you said though (trading Parson/Diggs) but some major changes coming for sure.

You're not one of the trolls and are welcome in here any time.

Jerry needs a coach who is not toothless and clueless, but aside from a few years of Parcells, he hasn't had one of those since he fired Jimmy. I realize Aaron Rodgers has contempt for a lot of people so it may just be a him thing, but how many Super Bowl-winning QBs had such little respect for their coach as Rodgers did for McCarthy?

It would be wild if the top two teams in the NFC East who combined for 23 regular-season wins are competing for a new HC from the same coaching pool. Interestingly, both owners have historically shown little interest in bringing in big-name coaches and giving them a bunch of control immediately; Parcells and Kelly were anomalies. This would also mean 3/4 of the NFC East would have new HCs, with the only holdover being the one whose team made the playoffs the previous year and didn't come close this year.

So Dak further proves he's just a regular season statwhore who always fails to produce in the postseason. Lol.
Just like Romo before him.

I thought the curse was lifted? Apparently not

I can assure you there is no greater curse than being a Cowboy’s fan in present day. Only franchise more cursed is the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Sadly, I’m a fan of both.
And Sixers

Per Tim McManus per a source there a disconnect between Sirianni, Hurts and Johnson on offensive philosophy.

Sirianni is also not as emotional as he once was is trying to keep them in check. Noticeable to players and staff

Source tells him that there’s been multiple finger pointing on both sides of the ball leading to various ideas how to fix things but some was biased for certain position groups. AJ brown spoke during one of the players only meetings say they need to trust their coaches. Meetings varied some players thought it was good others thought it led to more problems

Johnson is hugely regarded around the league. Hurts doesn’t like direction of offense wants more medium to short routes where brown thrives then flashy plays was hoping direction of offense would change in early stages of skid

Others close to source tell Tim it’s not a strong disconnect but getting use to a new Cordinator. Johnson trying to fit his philli to Nicks. Line is blurred so much who has most say most players don’t even know who has play calling power

Jerry needs a coach who is not toothless and clueless, but aside from a few years of Parcells, he hasn't had one of those since he fired Jimmy. I realize Aaron Rodgers has contempt for a lot of people so it may just be a him thing, but how many Super Bowl-winning QBs had such little respect for their coach as Rodgers did for McCarthy?

It would be wild if the top two teams in the NFC East who combined for 23 regular-season wins are competing for a new HC from the same coaching pool. Interestingly, both owners have historically shown little interest in bringing in big-name coaches and giving them a bunch of control immediately; Parcells and Kelly were anomalies. This would also mean 3/4 of the NFC East would have new HCs, with the only holdover being the one whose team made the playoffs the previous year and didn't come close this year.
The Eagles have a great track record under Lurie hiring coaches though. Other than Chip Kelly, every "unknown" guy took them to a Super Bowl. While I feel Lurie does some level of "meddling" its not even close to the level of Jerry Jones, who seems to want a puppet/someone he can control at the top. Both guys hate bad PR though, with a passion.

The Eagles have a great track record under Lurie hiring coaches though. Other than Chip Kelly, every "unknown" guy took them to a Super Bowl. While I feel Lurie does some level of "meddling" its not even close to the level of Jerry Jones, who seems to want a puppet/someone he can control at the top. Both guys hate bad PR though, with a passion.
Yep. I do think the aversion to alpha control freaks by Jerry and Lurie comes from a different place. Lurie doesn't believe having one person call all the shots is a good process, and that belief is reinforced by his experiences in the final Reid years and the Kelly years. Jerry's aversion is purely an ego thing.

Kelly was the only time Lurie hired a "hot name" from the coaching pool, and given how things have played out under his ownership, I doubt that he will do it again.

I hope you’re not talking about me either.

I never said they were great or talked smack like it was “our year” because this is what the Cowboys are.

They got curb stopped and looked flat as usual.

I have mentioned in the game threads that I worried about Quinn’s defense.

I’d take my lumps but y’all gotta do better than VHS tape jokes.

Yep. I do think the aversion to alpha control freaks by Jerry and Lurie comes from a different place. Lurie doesn't believe having one person call all the shots is a good process, and that belief is reinforced by his experiences in the final Reid years and the Kelly years. Jerry's aversion is purely an ego thing.

Kelly was the only time Lurie hired a "hot name" from the coaching pool, and given how things have played out under his ownership, I doubt that he will do it again.
100% agree with every single word.

Lurie knows the Ragkes own the city so he’ll do what he can.

Jurrah is a huge media magnet but like a certain politician/tv celeb can’t keep his name out of the spotlight. Difference between both is Lurie does have any side girls and isn’t trying to hire puppets while Jones wants full control over everything

Eagles fans: Need your advice. I’m headed to the Sixers-Nuggets game tomorrow night in Philly and am supposed to wear casual clothes (strong nudge to wear a hoodie). Do I wear a Packer hoodie — good karma with Sixers fans since the Pack just beat Dallas — or Golden State gear (favorite b-ball team since 1989), or do I buy Philly sports gear to assure nobody messes with me?

Note: I grew up a fan of all Philly sports (Eagles, Sixers, Phillies, even the Philadelphia Stars of the USFL) but will always be a Packers fan first and foremost.

Eagles fans: Need your advice. I’m headed to the Sixers-Nuggets game tomorrow night in Philly and am supposed to wear casual clothes (strong nudge to wear a hoodie). Do I wear a Packer hoodie — good karma with Sixers fans since the Pack just beat Dallas — or Golden State gear (favorite b-ball team since 1989), or do I buy Philly sports gear to assure nobody messes with me?

Note: I grew up a fan of all Philly sports (Eagles, Sixers, Phillies, even the Philadelphia Stars of the USFL) but will always be a Packers fan first and foremost.
I don't go to Sixers games, so not 100% on the vibe there, but I gotta think Packers gear will get you some thumbs up considering they just took out Dallas. Just leave the cheesehead at home.

Per Tim McManus per a source there a disconnect between Sirianni, Hurts and Johnson on offensive philosophy.

Sirianni is also not as emotional as he once was is trying to keep them in check. Noticeable to players and staff

Source tells him that there’s been multiple finger pointing on both sides of the ball leading to various ideas how to fix things but some was biased for certain position groups. AJ brown spoke during one of the players only meetings say they need to trust their coaches. Meetings varied some players thought it was good others thought it led to more problems

Johnson is hugely regarded around the league. Hurts doesn’t like direction of offense wants more medium to short routes where brown thrives then flashy plays was hoping direction of offense would change in early stages of skid

Others close to source tell Tim it’s not a strong disconnect but getting use to a new Cordinator. Johnson trying to fit his philli to Nicks. Line is blurred so much who has most say most players don’t even know who has play calling power

Damning ESPN report about the state of the offense. Seems to be laying the groundwork with the timing for a firing on the horizon:

Sorry I just can’t. When I got to this I literally laughed out loud.

‪“the source familiar with Hurts' thinking”‬

‪Is this a F’ing joke? I’m sure this has been typed up for months and waiting for the perfect time to drop. Pathetic.

Damning ESPN report about the state of the offense. Seems to be laying the groundwork with the timing for a firing on the horizon:

‪Is this a F’ing joke? I’m sure this has been typed up for months and waiting for the perfect time to drop. Pathetic.
You might be right. But the article probably isn't wrong.

You might be right. But the article probably isn't wrong.
That writer wasn’t counting on it being read and is going for headline click bait BS. How a grown man can write that about any player just shows you how lazy they’ve become.

Reading that it claims that Hurts wants more short and intermediate passes across the middle than deeper routes along the sideline. Yeah, me too. I feel like I have personally written those exact words in anger at least 6 times, others as well. In 2017 when the offense wasn't working for Foles, they changed it ahead of the playoffs to awesome results. If Jalen doesn't like what's going on, why would you not change it!?! Also, the last couple of paragraphs make it seem to me that Sirianni is much more involved in the play-calling than he has been letting on. If that is the case, and it is him forcing these deep shots rather than taking the easy stuff, he probably will be gone next season. Lurie is not going to waste a season of Jalen's prime on the hopes that Nick can pivot, I don't think-given that he clearly hasn't pivoted at all this season.

I don't go to Sixers games, so not 100% on the vibe there, but I gotta think Packers gear will get you some thumbs up considering they just took out Dallas. Just leave the cheesehead at home.
Yeah I agree.

Tim doesn’t spew ******** either. A lot of what I figured was going on already is here.

My biggest concern is we fire Johnson that’s another new OC for Hurts who seems to struggle with change. We can’t be going through that every year with the supposed franchise QB

Last edited:

Tim is a good guy he doesn’t write fluff pieces or ********. He comes into my store a lot and my one customer is neighbors with him. If this was McLane I’d be weary but Tim doesn’t write click bait or fluff pieces like a lot of the other media in this town

Tim is a good guy he doesn’t write fluff pieces or ********. He comes into my store a lot and my one customer is neighbors with him. If this was McLane I’d be weary but Tim doesn’t write click bait or fluff pieces like a lot of the other media in this town

This is a reading the tea leaves total BS article. He’s basically admitting it with that line.

This is a reading the tea leaves total BS article. He’s basically admitting it with that line.
Journalists use unnamed sources all the time. Weird take.

Users who are viewing this thread