What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 offseason quarterback carousel (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
By my count, there are 8 teams that badly need a quarterback (Colts Jets Raiders Texans Panthers Falcons and Commanders) and 2 more that can't afford one but won't be excited to keep Dalton/ Winston and Tua, respectively. There's others in some duress. How do you think it works out?

Afc west
Mahomes
Herbert
Wilson
Raiders need a replacement for carr.

Afc north
Burrow
Lamar (at worst he'll be franchised and traded. They won't let him walk for free)
Watson
Pickett

AFC East
Allen
Mac isn't getting replaced, the team loves him no matter what you've heard
Tua is turning into a real concern with the concussions. Apparently the doctors told the team not to upset him or even mention when he might play again
The Jets are kind of in a bind. I think they feel like they're a quarterback away and don't want to miss this window. I think they might give Wilson some kind of chance in camp but unless he balls out I think he's done in the NFL. But they don't have an early pick. Might be a good candidate for a veteran.

AFC south
Lawrence - for once the Jaguars are the only team in their division with a quarterback. I asked a local pig what he thought about that but he just flew away
Tannehill- probably staying with Mallik getting reps in camp but still far from ready
Colts can't really bring in another veteran bridge guy can they? They've got pick 4 and might never have a better chance to swing for the fences with a young guy.
Texans are so bad they might actually wait another year and use their next early pick in a better year.

Nfc west
Arizona may be the most stable qb situation after paying up for kyler, but they paid up for kliff and he gone. I'm not enamored with Murray like I once was - I see the talent as both a passer and runner but I'm not convinced he'll work hard enough to take that next step.
The Rams will apparently get Stafford back for at least another year and I don't think they've got the guns to get more than a developmental prospect. They're going to feel some pain when the bill comes due from trading all those firsts but they maximized their window with a generational d lineman. Good for them.
49ers are intriguing. On the one hand they're one of the few teams that has a surplus of good quarterbacks. On the other, they kind of exemplify the old "you know what it means when you have two starting qbs? It means you don't have one". With Purdy playing great they may finally move on from the Handsome One and allow me to wear my Free Jimmy t shirt with pride again. I think they go into camp with a competition between Purdy and Lance and it's a genuine competition especially if the niners win a game or 4.
Seattle seems to be likely to stick with Geno. We wrote him off and he didn't write back. I don't think there's anything in their price range that could change that in 2023 and if Geno wins a playoff game as a road underdog he might have a longer leash than expected

Nfc south
Carolina when you have a top ten pick in a decent qb class you have to at least consider moving up but it might be too expensive. There's at least 3 qb needy teams ahead of them and another right behind them so it's hard to just stand pat
Tampa priority 1 squeezing the last drops out of Brady's career priority 2 thinking about tomorrow. They might be able to transition gracefully but I doubt it. For now they're hoping Brady wins a Superbowl and maybe stays one more year pretty please?
Atlanta Marriota wasn't it. I don't think Ridder is either. Qb is by far their biggest need but they have so many needs, and not enough draft capital to fill them all. A veteran would be nice
New Orleans Taysome isn't a starting qb. Jameis barely is. Andy Dalton reminds me of an older version of... Andy Dalton. I think they have to stay put

Nfc north
Vikings fans, after all this time do you actually have the best passing game in the nfc north? It's been 20 plus years since Culpepper to Moss. I'm rooting for you guys in the playoffs.
Packers fans, it's been almost a year since Rodgers made you sweat and hope to overpay for a guy who struggled to bring your team to the playoffs. This year he should be able to start his decision making process earlier, at least. It would be a shock if he actually retired or forced his way out of town but who knows
Detroit fans watched Stafford win a Superbowl somewhere else... but they might have a chance to win one with Goff too. In truth I still think Goff is a very good qb whose upside tops out at very good. But in a division with Cousins, Fields and the ghost of Aaron Rodgers, Goff could end up being the best quarterback in the bunch, especially with Jameson, Amon Ra and a healthy Swift.
Fields is a polarizing player. I'm on the side that thinks he has the potential to be great once they get real receivers. They've got the top pick, extra picks and the most cap room in the league to find him help. I think they build around him and trade down from 1.1

Nfc east
Hurts made the progression that the bears are hoping for from Fields. They're not changing a thing
Dak came back and the whole team seemed more credible. I don't know if he's good enough to win a Superbowl but I think he's in the conversation. He's not going anywhere
Washington needs a guy, badly. They're a borderline contender without a good qb, and Rivera can't afford to be patient. Very real chance that Snyder is gone which could mean a new owner with new priorities including a go all out to get a qb philosophy. But I think Commanders fans would be happy with a guy who wasn't always trying to make a splash.
The giants need to make a decision on Danny dimes. After going through the other 31 teams, it should be obvious why they're going to overpay to keep him.

Which quarterbacks have a chance to start?

Young
Stroud
Levis
Richardson?

Carr for sure will have a trade market
Dalton/Winston?
Jimmy /Purdy/Lance?
Ridder?
Zach Wilson?
Darnold?
Howell?
Brady or Rodgers if they force their ways out of town?
Wentz or Ryan again?
Foles?
The mustache?
Brisset?
Zappe?

Last edited:

Young
Stroud
Levis
Richardson?

Dalton/Winston?
Jimmy /Purdy/Lance?
Ridder?
Zach Wilson?
Darnold?
Wentz or Ryan again?
Foles?
The mustache?
Brisset?
Zappe?
Sam Howell should be on this list

My two cents

The first domino to fall will be Carr. The Raiders have set a mid February deadline to trade him or cut him and he's got a no trade clause. This was tremendously stupid by the Raiders and they've hurt their leverage badly but they will get interest regardless.

Current favorites - Commanders, Jets, Falcons, and the Dolphins if Tua"s concussions are career ending

Second dominoes- Brady and Rodgers. I think both stay. But we'll see.

Then the fun begins. Free agency opens up before the NFL draft. And that's great for the Bears and anyone else looking to trade out of an early pick. If you're the Colts and want to stop picking through the remains of old dead quarterbacks, then you'll want to make the trade long before the legal tampering period for free agents. Expect that deal by early March.

Unless the Texans want to get ahead of them. If the colts are willing to move up to 1.1 or 1.2 and the Texans want their first choice, the bears could trade down to 1.2 and then to the colts at 1.4. Both the Texans and Colts know this so the colts may be willing to pay a premium to ensure they're ahead of their division rival.

But there's even more pressure with the Raiders Falcons Panthers and Commanders all vying to move up

The bears clearly want to trade out of 1.1 and they seem to have leverage to get a haul as long as the quarterback evaluations aren't like 2022.

But then the Texans- who are more than a quarterback away - may consider trading down too. And that's where the Panthers and Raiders and Commanders may be willing to really overpay to move up for Stroud (or Young... or even Levis)

How do you think it works out?
Don't know, going to be fun though.

I'll throw some stuff out but can't really start dialing down a lot of predictions right now, especially with a lot of staffs not filled.

Due to timing the one easy prediction to make is that Carr is the first domino to fall.

Feel like Jimmy G is as good as gone but he should have a lot of options due to various NE connections(Raiders, Texans) and amount of teams who run variations of Shanahan's offense that need a QB. That last point would be were I'd think we see Lance possibly traded if they opted to go with Purdy and set him free.

Can't see Brady retiring. That's the one guy I'd predict the team he'll chose to play with which is the Raiders.

Everything about how Aaron Rodgers acted the other night looks like a player who is planning to leave but none of it makes a lot of sense to me. I don't think he can walk away from that money and the cap considerations to move him are a lot to take in. But what happens here is key as I think they'd make Love available if Rodgers returns with them. And again due to LaFluer having some roots in the McVay/Shanhan offense I think like Lance and Jimmy G he becomes attractive to the myriad of teams who need a QB and run the Shanahan offense. I don't know who that will be since a few openings exist right now.

Dalton/Winston?
Jimmy /Purdy/Lance?
Ridder?
Zach Wilson?
Darnold?
Howell?
Wentz or Ryan again?
Foles?
The mustache?
Brisset?
Zappe?
What about these 3 non-rookie names:
Balt Tyler Huntley
GB Jordan Love
Mia Skylar Thompson / Teddy Bridgewater

I had faith in Huntley & Skylar until they actually hit the field starting .... then disappointment

Can't see Brady retiring. That's the one guy I'd predict the team he'll chose to play with which is the Raiders.
His whole family lives on the east coast, mainly in Florida. I’m not saying he definitely comes back to Tampa (I think he does) but I think there is about 0 chance he goes anywhere out west. That was a big deal for him in 2020 when he signed in Tampa and I suspect it’s even bigger now that he’s divorced.

I think it’s 60% Tampa, 30 Miami, 10 calls it a career.

Teams I think stay put:
Cardinals=Kyler, I think they bring in a cheap vet to start the season with Murray likely not ready for week 1, Andy Dalton makes sense to me.
Ravens=Lamar, too important to offense, possible Franchise Tag?
Bills=Allen
Bears=Fields, too many other needs, best QB in decades
Bengals=Burrow
Browns=Watson
Cowboys=Dak
Broncos=Wilson, contract is too big to even attempt anything else if they wanted
Jags=Lawrence
Chiefs=Mahomes
Chargers=Herbert
Rams=Stafford, I think they bring back Mayfield as insurance
Dolphins=Tua, sneaky candidate to take a round 2 QB like Tanner McKee given Tua's health question marks.
Vikings=Cousins, I wouldn't rule out a day 2 flier on a guy like Hendon Hooker as Cousins is entering the last year of his deal.
Patriots=Mac
Giants=Jones
Eagles=Hurts
Steelers=Pickett
49ers=Purdy, with Lance backing him up, possibly being used situationally
Seahawks=Geno, I think he did enough to keep the job

So, 20 of 32 teams don't add anyone of significance or change starters in my opinion. As for the rest:

Atlanta-Mariota is as good as gone, and Ridder, while not given up on, isn't going into the season starting. I think the Falcons have the most upward momentum of any team in this division, as far as young talent goes, and Arthur Smith is probably entering next season on the hot seat, so I think they are more of a quick fix veteran team. With that in mind, I like Jacoby Brissett in Atlanta. He's a big upgrade from Mariota, but stylistically similar. He also likely doesn't cost a ton.

Houston-I think Davis Mills sticks around as competition/backup, but I think they take a QB at #2. I think CJ Stroud is the guy for them.

Las Vegas-Carr is certainly gone, and I think Stidham could stick as the backup, but I think Vegas makes a splash, and I think that splash is reuniting Tom Brady with Josh McDaniels.

Indianapolis-I don't think they draft a QB, I don't think Jim Irsay has that kind of patience. I think they go after another veteran QB. Personally, I think that QB could be Aaron Rodgers. I think the Packers are ready for a divorce, and I think Indy could offer multiple high picks, maybe even the #4 (if GB throws the #15 back) but more likely a 2024 1st and multiple day 2/3 picks.

Detroit-I think Goff stays as the starter, but I don't think the Lions suddenly believe he's a franchise QB or the long-term answer. I think Will Levis is in play at #6. He's got maybe the highest upside in the class, but also needs seasoning and Goff is a good guy to learn behind.

Washington-Probably makes the playoffs with even mediocre QB play. I liked what Sam Howell showed, and I've always been a fan of his, but I think he's more likely to the #2, with a shot of maybe becoming the long-term option. I think with Rivera likely on the hot seat, they go after another veteran, and a guy I'm expecting to be available is Ryan Tannehill, who would certainly be thrilled about the WR upgrade.

New York Jets-I think Mike White showed enough when healthy, to at least keep the backup job. Personally, I think Zach Wilson is gone, I just think he completely lost the locker room, and needs a new start. The Jets are another team that likely makes the playoffs with even mediocre QB play, and when I think mediocre QB play, I think Jimmy Garoppolo. Jimmy G also is familiar with Robert Saleh, and the Jets run a very Shanahan-ish offense. Seems like a very natural fit.

Carolina-I think the Panthers, having tried retread after retread after Cam fell apart (including Cam again) just shot for the moon and take Anthony Richardson in the draft, and hope he can develop as a passer. Probably not what DJ Moore owners would like to see, but those people should be used to disappointment by now. Richardson has Fields level mobility but is further off as a passer. That said, Carolina likely isn't playing for 2023 so much. I'm not a huge Richardson fan, but some team is gonna fall in love with him and take him top-12. I think they likely bring back Sam Darnold on a 1 year deal, just in case they aren't able to find a guy in the draft.

Green Bay-I think its time for the divorce with Rodgers. I think that's the reaction to missing the playoffs, and finishing 3rd in the division. Yes there is a big cap hit, but its less than the Wentz/Ryan hits of recent years. Jordan Love gets a year to show if he's the guy long term.

Tennessee-I think they overhaul the QB room. I think Tannehill's contract is gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if they just dump Willis as a Jon Robinson guy, especially after he fell behind Josh Dobbs. I think the new GM makes a giant splash and gives up 3 1st round picks (and possibly some extra mid rounders, think RG3 deal) to move up from #11 to #1 and take Bryce Young. Unlike a guy like Willis, Young is an excellent leader, and has proven himself in the toughest conference in college football. Yes, he's short, but no team runs more PA than the Titans, and Young has the mobility Vrabel likes. I do think they address the backup position before the draft, but I expect Young starts day 1, so the guy they bring in has to be happy being a backup, so with that in mind how about a reunion with Marcus Mariota?

Tampa Bay-I don't see Tampa entering rebuild mode, even with Brady likely leaving. I think this is a natural landing spot for Derek Carr, as what amounts to essentially a trade between Tampa and Vegas. Tampa probably has to get a little creative with the cap (cut Fournette?) but they can make it work. I also think they look to add a younger developmental QB as Kyle Trask has seemingly shown nothing if he can't move ahead of Gabbert, so maybe they throw a day 3 pick flier on Zach Wilson.

New Orleans-They really are in a tough spot. They still have cap issues, they aren't really rebuilding, and they don't really save any money if they dump Winston, so I think they just add some competition, and for me a guy who could compete with Winston and be relatively cheap as he looks to save his career, is Carson Wentz.

His whole family lives on the east coast, mainly in Florida. I’m not saying he definitely comes back to Tampa (I think he does) but I think there is about 0 chance he goes anywhere out west. That was a big deal for him in 2020 when he signed in Tampa and I suspect it’s even bigger now that he’s divorced.

We'll see pretty soon I expect but I think he will put a higher value on playing with McDaniels then being a 4-5 hour flight from his family for a few months.

And back in 2020 don't forget he might have chosen a team out west. We got the mystery team that stuck with "that MF". We don't know who that team was, if he would have chose them if they did not seeminly shut the door, but I kind of thought it was the Raiders or 49'ers.

We'll see pretty soon I expect but I think he will put a higher value on playing with McDaniels then being a 4-5 hour flight from his family for a few months.

And back in 2020 don't forget he might have chosen a team out west. We got the mystery team that stuck with "that MF". We don't know who that team was, if he would have chose them if they did not seeminly shut the door, but I kind of thought it was the Raiders or 49'ers.
Well I mean from what’s reported his kids live with him here all the time so that’s a pretty big move. It’s not just a few months.

I don’t understand why he’d go out there to play for Vegas. They’re not really very good at all. My understanding is their line is terrible, that’s huge to him. If they were built like San Francisco but terrible at QB it might make sense but his relationship with McDaniels can’t be that important. Like you said we’ll see soon enough.

Tua is turning into a real concern with the concussions. Apparently the doctors told the team not to upset him or even mention when he might play again
I hadn't read this. Where was it reported? Thanks.

Among other places

"Doctors don’t want Tagovailoa to consider his future at this time because that creates stress on his brain, which doctors don’t want as he recovers from a concussion. No decision has been made on his availability for Week 18."

Teams I think stay put:
Cardinals=Kyler, I think they bring in a cheap vet to start the season with Murray likely not ready for week 1, Andy Dalton makes sense to me.
Ravens=Lamar, too important to offense, possible Franchise Tag?
Bills=Allen
Bears=Fields, too many other needs, best QB in decades
Bengals=Burrow
Browns=Watson
Cowboys=Dak
Broncos=Wilson, contract is too big to even attempt anything else if they wanted
Jags=Lawrence
Chiefs=Mahomes
Chargers=Herbert
Rams=Stafford, I think they bring back Mayfield as insurance
Dolphins=Tua, sneaky candidate to take a round 2 QB like Tanner McKee given Tua's health question marks.
Vikings=Cousins, I wouldn't rule out a day 2 flier on a guy like Hendon Hooker as Cousins is entering the last year of his deal.
Patriots=Mac
Giants=Jones
Eagles=Hurts
Steelers=Pickett
49ers=Purdy, with Lance backing him up, possibly being used situationally
Seahawks=Geno, I think he did enough to keep the job

So, 20 of 32 teams don't add anyone of significance or change starters in my opinion. As for the rest:

Atlanta-Mariota is as good as gone, and Ridder, while not given up on, isn't going into the season starting. I think the Falcons have the most upward momentum of any team in this division, as far as young talent goes, and Arthur Smith is probably entering next season on the hot seat, so I think they are more of a quick fix veteran team. With that in mind, I like Jacoby Brissett in Atlanta. He's a big upgrade from Mariota, but stylistically similar. He also likely doesn't cost a ton.

Houston-I think Davis Mills sticks around as competition/backup, but I think they take a QB at #2. I think CJ Stroud is the guy for them.

Las Vegas-Carr is certainly gone, and I think Stidham could stick as the backup, but I think Vegas makes a splash, and I think that splash is reuniting Tom Brady with Josh McDaniels.

Indianapolis-I don't think they draft a QB, I don't think Jim Irsay has that kind of patience. I think they go after another veteran QB. Personally, I think that QB could be Aaron Rodgers. I think the Packers are ready for a divorce, and I think Indy could offer multiple high picks, maybe even the #4 (if GB throws the #15 back) but more likely a 2024 1st and multiple day 2/3 picks.

Detroit-I think Goff stays as the starter, but I don't think the Lions suddenly believe he's a franchise QB or the long-term answer. I think Will Levis is in play at #6. He's got maybe the highest upside in the class, but also needs seasoning and Goff is a good guy to learn behind.

Washington-Probably makes the playoffs with even mediocre QB play. I liked what Sam Howell showed, and I've always been a fan of his, but I think he's more likely to the #2, with a shot of maybe becoming the long-term option. I think with Rivera likely on the hot seat, they go after another veteran, and a guy I'm expecting to be available is Ryan Tannehill, who would certainly be thrilled about the WR upgrade.

New York Jets-I think Mike White showed enough when healthy, to at least keep the backup job. Personally, I think Zach Wilson is gone, I just think he completely lost the locker room, and needs a new start. The Jets are another team that likely makes the playoffs with even mediocre QB play, and when I think mediocre QB play, I think Jimmy Garoppolo. Jimmy G also is familiar with Robert Saleh, and the Jets run a very Shanahan-ish offense. Seems like a very natural fit.

Carolina-I think the Panthers, having tried retread after retread after Cam fell apart (including Cam again) just shot for the moon and take Anthony Richardson in the draft, and hope he can develop as a passer. Probably not what DJ Moore owners would like to see, but those people should be used to disappointment by now. Richardson has Fields level mobility but is further off as a passer. That said, Carolina likely isn't playing for 2023 so much. I'm not a huge Richardson fan, but some team is gonna fall in love with him and take him top-12. I think they likely bring back Sam Darnold on a 1 year deal, just in case they aren't able to find a guy in the draft.

Green Bay-I think its time for the divorce with Rodgers. I think that's the reaction to missing the playoffs, and finishing 3rd in the division. Yes there is a big cap hit, but its less than the Wentz/Ryan hits of recent years. Jordan Love gets a year to show if he's the guy long term.

Tennessee-I think they overhaul the QB room. I think Tannehill's contract is gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if they just dump Willis as a Jon Robinson guy, especially after he fell behind Josh Dobbs. I think the new GM makes a giant splash and gives up 3 1st round picks (and possibly some extra mid rounders, think RG3 deal) to move up from #11 to #1 and take Bryce Young. Unlike a guy like Willis, Young is an excellent leader, and has proven himself in the toughest conference in college football. Yes, he's short, but no team runs more PA than the Titans, and Young has the mobility Vrabel likes. I do think they address the backup position before the draft, but I expect Young starts day 1, so the guy they bring in has to be happy being a backup, so with that in mind how about a reunion with Marcus Mariota?

Tampa Bay-I don't see Tampa entering rebuild mode, even with Brady likely leaving. I think this is a natural landing spot for Derek Carr, as what amounts to essentially a trade between Tampa and Vegas. Tampa probably has to get a little creative with the cap (cut Fournette?) but they can make it work. I also think they look to add a younger developmental QB as Kyle Trask has seemingly shown nothing if he can't move ahead of Gabbert, so maybe they throw a day 3 pick flier on Zach Wilson.

New Orleans-They really are in a tough spot. They still have cap issues, they aren't really rebuilding, and they don't really save any money if they dump Winston, so I think they just add some competition, and for me a guy who could compete with Winston and be relatively cheap as he looks to save his career, is Carson Wentz.
So much NO in all of this.

My two cents

The first domino to fall will be Carr. The Raiders have set a mid February deadline to trade him or cut him and he's got a no trade clause. This was tremendously stupid by the Raiders and they've hurt their leverage badly but they will get interest regardless.

Current favorites - Commanders, Jets, Falcons, and the Dolphins if Tua"s concussions are career ending

Second dominoes- Brady and Rodgers. I think both stay. But we'll see.

Then the fun begins. Free agency opens up before the NFL draft. And that's great for the Bears and anyone else looking to trade out of an early pick. If you're the Colts and want to stop picking through the remains of old dead quarterbacks, then you'll want to make the trade long before the legal tampering period for free agents. Expect that deal by early March.

Unless the Texans want to get ahead of them. If the colts are willing to move up to 1.1 or 1.2 and the Texans want their first choice, the bears could trade down to 1.2 and then to the colts at 1.4. Both the Texans and Colts know this so the colts may be willing to pay a premium to ensure they're ahead of their division rival.

But there's even more pressure with the Raiders Falcons Panthers and Commanders all vying to move up

The bears clearly want to trade out of 1.1 and they seem to have leverage to get a haul as long as the quarterback evaluations aren't like 2022.

But then the Texans- who are more than a quarterback away - may consider trading down too. And that's where the Panthers and Raiders and Commanders may be willing to really overpay to move up for Stroud (or Young... or even Levis)
The Colts won't pay a premium to a team knowing they want one of Anderson or Carter. They know that the Bears won't get one of those players if they trade down further down. The Colts can sit at 4 and still probably get one of the QBs they covet.

His whole family lives on the east coast, mainly in Florida.
How often does he see them during the season? It's not like he can't afford to fly back and forth when he has time off.

I don't have my finger on the pulse of Tampa Bay like you do but I can't imagine heading back to an aging team that struggled to even make the playoffs this season is something Brady wants for his potential last season or two.

I do agree Miami - especially as a now single guy - would be very attractive to him. I'm sure beating NE twice a year is part of the allure.

Agree. Divorced dads don't have access to their kids 24/7, so spending a couple weeks at a time away from them isn't that big of a deal. Sounds harsh, but it's true. Access to a private jet is pretty standard for a guy like Brady.

Brady wants another ring, so will go to the team he thinks he has the best chance to get one with, which I think rules out the Raiders. D isn't good enough to make a deep run IMO.

Before Purdy became a thing, I thought Brady to SF for his swan song was a done deal. A year there with Lance as his understudy just made too much sense. Not happening now.

With SF out of the picture, TB or Miami do make the most sense. Colts possibly. All they really need is a QB and god knows, they love the old guys.

How often does he see them during the season? It's not like he can't afford to fly back and forth when he has time off.

I don't have my finger on the pulse of Tampa Bay like you do but I can't imagine heading back to an aging team that struggled to even make the playoffs this season is something Brady wants for his potential last season or two.

I do agree Miami - especially as a now single guy - would be very attractive to him. I'm sure beating NE twice a year is part of the allure.
My understanding, and of course I have no idea, is that he has them 50% of the time. Some reporter said that.

The Bucs are aging in places. Defense is still really good and very young (other than David), and he would have Ryan Jensen back next year on the o-line. They’d have to find another wideout imo.

I agree with this...the word from the media tied into Brady up here was he was not overly excited about going back to Tampa last year so gotta believe he will be even less excited about it in 2023...dark horse candidate is your Jets...they are a QB away from being very good and he recently had a place in NYC, I think he likes the city thing and it probably would not hurt his TB12 business if he can win there...he is still tight with Kraft so not sure if that would be an issue playing for them.

I agree with this...the word from the media tied into Brady up here was he was not overly excited about going back to Tampa last year so gotta believe he will be even less excited about it in 2023...dark horse candidate is your Jets...they are a QB away from being very good and he recently had a place in NYC, I think he likes the city thing and it probably would not hurt his TB12 business if he can win there...he is still tight with Kraft so not sure if that would be an issue playing for them.
Jets surely need a veteran QB and would supply Brady with nice weapons - but for some reason I just don't see him wanting to play for the Jets, He likely sees them as a joke and wouldn't want to hurt his legacy by failing there.

Jets surely need a veteran QB and would supply Brady with nice weapons - but for some reason I just don't see him wanting to play for the Jets, He likely sees them as a joke and wouldn't want to hurt his legacy by failing there.

I would think the Raiders would be an even bigger gamble for him...pre-Purdy I thought he would go to San Fran but don't see that happening since they now have Purdy and Lance and they will figure out who their long-term QB is between those two...if Tua can't play than I would be shocked if he does not end up in Miami...so many signs point to that being where he wants to end up.

Agree. Divorced dads don't have access to their kids 24/7, so spending a couple weeks at a time away from them isn't that big of a deal. Sounds harsh, but it's true. Access to a private jet is pretty standard for a guy like Brady

Plus you have to consider that the primary reason he is probably divorced is due to a pattern of prioritizing his career over family so hard for me to think that now family will be the overriding factor in his decision. I think proximity to his family is a factor, just not THE factor.

The Colts can sit at 4 and still probably get one of the QBs they covet.
Not if other teams trade up ahead of them.
Then trade up to #3 with the Cardinals and if Stroud and Young go 1 and 2, go a different direction with the early pick other than QB and consider Hooker in the 2nd, or another QB. Don't sell the farm to Chicago for the #1, knowing that if you trade them the 1.4, they really want one of Anderson or Carter. So I would think trading them the 1.4 and a couple of 2nds should do it. Chicago doesn't want to trade further down in the first round and lose out on one of those two players. I've said that several times in different posts, but I truly believe it. So, for you Bears fans, if they only trade down to 1.4 don't bellyache about the return when it isn't 3 1st round picks.

Then trade up to #3 with the Cardinals and if Stroud and Young go 1 and 2, go a different direction with the early pick other than QB and consider Hooker in the 2nd

Why trade from 4 to 3, if you can't assure yourself a QB?

I do agree that the price to trade up from 4 to 1 shouldn't be as expensive as for teams trading from further back in the draft - but the cost is still likely to be at least an additional 2024 1st. I think there's a pretty good chance the Colts trade up. You can't sit and hope at 4 when there's only 2 top tier QBs. Obviously it will depend on their internal evaluations of the QBs whether or not they want to pay the price.

Colts shouldn't trade up unless they are convinced Stroud or Young are going to be difference makers for a decade. Better to stay where they are and not give up additional draft capital. The Colts are more than a QB away from challenging in the AFC.

Colts shouldn't trade up unless they are convinced Stroud or Young are going to be difference makers for a decade. Better to stay where they are and not give up additional draft capital. The Colts are more than a QB away from challenging in the AFC.
Actually they are pretty good defensively. I believe if they hit on a QB and get a left tackle and right tackle, they can compete. They could also use another WR or two. They are fine at RB and TE. I believe they need to spend on some FAs on OL if there are any worth spending on. Same for WR, but I'm afraid the WR market is thin.

I think he’s more likely to play for the other NY team. Very good defense, good coach, they need to improve at receiver but they have like $55M in cap space. Sign Brady, trade for Nuk and the giants are in business.

A lot of us down here in South Florida are already speculating what number Tom will wear.

12 is retired here.

A lot of us down here in South Florida are already speculating what number Tom will wear.

12 is retired here.
Are you guys looking to upgrade Tua? Think his career is in jeopardy because of the concussions? Just want Brady because of his stellar record playing in Miami?

12 is retired here.
How close to the edge of the cliff is Brady? At 46 he is amazing, but he could have one foot over the cliff and the other on a banana peel.

How close to the edge of the cliff is Brady? At 46 he is amazing, but he could have one foot over the cliff and the other on a banana peel.

PFF graded him at 79.7

Football Outsiders had him 3rd in DYAR, which is their measure of value, and 2nd in EYards, which is their measure of true value over standard stats.

He's not going anywhere and has lost some, but not much.

He's still Tom Terrific, GOAT and feared QB.

PFF graded him at 79.7

Football Outsiders had him 3rd in DYAR, which is their measure of value, and 2nd in EYards, which is their measure of true value over standard stats.

He's not going anywhere and has lost some, but not much.

He's still Tom Terrific, GOAT and feared QB.
Can't say that forever,.....just sayin' One day it will happen, but when?

Can't say that forever,.....just sayin' One day it will happen, but when?

I agree with you. Father Time has won every battle he fought. It just seems like he's got two years left in him if he really wants to be a professional football player and do everything required of him to pursue that.

12 is retired here.
Are you guys looking to upgrade Tua? Think his career is in jeopardy because of the concussions? Just want Brady because of his stellar record playing in Miami?
We have legitimate concerns Tua won’t make it long term in tue NFL.

12 is retired here.
In all seriousness if we can get one magical ride and at least get to a Super Bowl…..it will be worth it.

The giants need to make a decision on Danny dimes. After going through the other 31 teams, it should be obvious why they're going to overpay to keep him.
Maybe it's not an overpay.

(It's probably an overpay.)

But there's no question they are going to pay him a lot of money.

This is what would have happened if Dalton had won a playoff game.

You can't play the Vikings every week.

You can't play the Vikings every week.
He was qb11 for the season) or qb11 in ppg if you prefer) and he earned the 14th seed in the playoffs. He's the definition of "technically, he's above average..."

But he did that in a contract year and he won a playoff game. Kid will get paid a lot of money. Ironically not as much as Kirk Cousins who he beat tonight. But a lot.

Carr is getting moved before free agency opens up

Purdy/Lance is now looking like an even bigger question mark

Jimmy g should have a real trade market this year but with Carr being available the price may not be enough to move him. Then again I don't see how all 3 qbs coexist. They can't trade Lance or Purdy right?

Stroud coming out is good for the Texans.

Bears lost some leverage this weekend but there are a lot of owners who will be pushing their gm to get the best qb available

Users who are viewing this thread