What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 MN State High School Hockey Tournament (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
Naturally, there are familiar sweaters at this year’s annual dance. There will also be a few unexpected guests. Oddly enough, Hill Murray represents both sides of the coin. The pioneers barely have a winning record, and I think Coach Bill Lechner would tell you in private that he did not expect to be here this season. The team is very young.
The brackets and seedings will come out today and the action will begin in class A on March 8.

Class A:
Luverne
Hermantown (2)

Alexandria
Mahtomedi (3)

Saint Cloud Cathedral
Warroad (1)

Northfield (5)
Orono (4)

Class AA
Cretin Derham Hall
Maple Grove (2j

Moorhead
Edina (3)

Hill Murray
Minnetonka (1)

Lakeville South (5)
Andover (4)

Last edited:
Just lining up tickets for the Thursday AM session. Unfortunately I can't go to any of the other games.

Moorhead stumbled through the first 2/3 of the season but are on a roll now. Minnetonka is the cream of the AA crop.

But Warroad is the best team in the state, period.

I think anyone can get the KSTP Channel 5 app, and if so they're streaming all the games through that this year.

Minnetonka alum but back then wrestling and tennis were the top performing sports. Always look forward to the state tournament!

Instant classic here. Edina was up 6-3 with about 10 minutes left. Moorhead came back to tie it with a pulled goalie. Now resurfacing for 2nd overtime.

Edit: Good guys come up a bit short. :sadbanana:

Last edited:
Fantastic collection of pictures from this year's tournament - which was awesome. The skill level of these kids kids off the charts. This year's AA championship was almost as good as last - and that was probably the best hockey game I've ever seen.

Caught a bit of the Hill-Murray (which I thought they were saying “Bill Murray” the first 5 times) vs White Bear Lake game last Friday.

Never watched much Minnesota HS hockey before but was very impressed at the high caliber.

I'm going to miss Lou on the call next year. Talked with him a few times when I was in high school as he worked with my dad and I regularly borrowed the car for a bit after school.

Users who are viewing this thread