What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 In-Season Catchall Thread (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
I got Okereke, Pavce and Werner. D Clark on bench, Dean on IR.

Guy looking for RB help asked about Pacheco for Deablo. Is the Raiders LB better than what I have now? I dont know much about him. 2 solid games so far this year.

I have Bijan, Gibbs and Kyren as my top 3 RB, Pacheco, Ro Johnson, Bigsby, Spears on the bench.

Start 3 LB.

Losing Diggs while I looked again at my roster I realize my only other bench DB is taxied so I’d appreciate thoughts in my dynasty league:

Alohi Gilman, Jason Pinnock, Denzel Ward, Rasul Douglas, Tyson Campbell

With Pinnock playing tonight I’d have to wait on him until next Wednesday, so I could grab another option to hold this weekend and trade that player in for Pinnock if he’s still the best option

Guy looking for RB help asked about Pacheco for Deablo. Is the Raiders LB better than what I have now? I dont know much about him. 2 solid games so far this year.

I have Bijan, Gibbs and Kyren as my top 3 RB, Pacheco, Ro Johnson, Bigsby, Spears on the bench.

Start 3 LB.
How many RB's start? How many LB's start?

Start 3 LB.
How many RB's start? How many LB's start?
2 RBs, 3 LBs. Can SFlex out a 3rd RB, which I might be doing this weekend with K Williams in over Fields.

Any Bucs homers have any insight on the questionable tag for Devin White?

Had limited practices Friday and Saturday. Hoping it is a procedural designation and he is good to go Monday night... I've not read any news saying he is likely to miss the game, but saying that, information has been virtually nonexistent on his status or even why he has been limited (groin apparently).

The Monday night game makes the situation a bit more tricky. If anyone is aware of any real concern White may not play, I need to sit him for Jack Campbell today.

Last edited:
Any Bucs homers have any insight on the questionable tag for Devin White?

Had limited practices Friday and Saturday. Hoping it is a procedural designation and he is good to go Monday night... I've not read any news saying he is likely to miss the game, but saying that, information has been virtually nonexistent on his status or even why he has been limited (groin apparently).

The Monday night game makes the situation a bit more tricky. If anyone is aware of any real concern White may not play, I need to sit him for Jack Campbell today.
Not sure what you ended up doing but it sounds like he'll play. Not sure how limited he'll be but I think it's a fairly good matchup for him.

Even in a large roster, 16 team league, Malcolm Rodriguez (Det) is is a drop right? It's clear Campbell has already jumped him from snap counts and they play so much Nickle that it seems like it would take multiple injuries for him to be relevant. I just feel like I went through this with Josey Jewell a few years ago (dropped him right before opportunity came and he took off) so i'm gun shy.

Even in a large roster, 16 team league, Malcolm Rodriguez (Det) is is a drop right? It's clear Campbell has already jumped him from snap counts and they play so much Nickle that it seems like it would take multiple injuries for him to be relevant. I just feel like I went through this with Josey Jewell a few years ago (dropped him right before opportunity came and he took off) so i'm gun shy.
How big of a roster? But yeah, move on.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I am holding Rodriguez in the leagues I have him. Granted, they're all dynasty leagues where space nor contract years are a consideration at this point. In redraft leagues or where you have short benches/limited contract space, yeah maybe he's a drop. But I'm hoping Anzalone maybe doesn't play up to his $6MM base hit next year and perhaps the Lions move on? They seem to like him but with Campbell and Rodriguez (who obviously flashed a bunch last season) in tow, who knows.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I am holding Rodriguez in the leagues I have him. Granted, they're all dynasty leagues where space nor contract years are a consideration at this point. In redraft leagues or where you have short benches/limited contract space, yeah maybe he's a drop. But I'm hoping Anzalone maybe doesn't play up to his $6MM base hit next year and perhaps the Lions move on? They seem to like him but with Campbell and Rodriguez (who obviously flashed a bunch last season) in tow, who knows.
It all depends on what the alternative is, but I've given up on holding non-starters for the most part - if it's a first-rounder or my team stinks, fine. Otherwise, I'm dropping Rodrigo for whatever Landman/Grugier-Hill/K.Elliss guy who pops up. Occasionally you end up with Foye Oluokun or Zaire Franklin doing that.

It all depends on what the alternative is, but I've given up on holding non-starters for the most part - if it's a first-rounder or my team stinks, fine. Otherwise, I'm dropping Rodrigo for whatever Landman/Grugier-Hill/K.Elliss guy who pops up. Occasionally you end up with Foye Oluokun or Zaire Franklin doing that.
Sure, in leagues where space is a concern you definitely make moves like that. For the most part I'm in dynasty formats where I have the room to hold just about anyone. I don't know if that makes things easier or more difficult :lol:

Sure, in leagues where space is a concern you definitely make moves like that. For the most part I'm in dynasty formats where I have the room to hold just about anyone. I don't know if that makes things easier or more difficult :lol:
Yeah, my point of reference is start-3 LB leagues where an 8th LB on the roster makes me itchy.

If anyone is interested in an IDP guys sub, they are running a promo right now. Not sure when it ends.

Use code watt2024 for 20% off season-long memberships

Made a trade yesterday, moved Kyren Williams for DK Metcalf and Dax Hill. I needed WR and DB. Still have Bijan, Pacheco, Gibbs, Bigsby and Roschon at RB. Hill didnt do much yesterday, but ARZ wasnt exactly a great offense. Anyway, should get Nakobe Dean back soon, should be 3-2 after tonight. Maybe can make a run at this league.

Made a trade yesterday, moved Kyren Williams for DK Metcalf and Dax Hill. I needed WR and DB. Still have Bijan, Pacheco, Gibbs, Bigsby and Roschon at RB. Hill didnt do much yesterday, but ARZ wasnt exactly a great offense. Anyway, should get Nakobe Dean back soon, should be 3-2 after tonight. Maybe can make a run at this league.
I think you made out there. Honestly even with RB being a crazy hot commodity, I'd put DK slightly ahead of Kyren for ROS rankings. And yeah you are still rich at RB and get Dax for basically nothing. He'll be a solid DB2 with some upside moving forward.

Any chance of Henley getting playing time this week for LAC? And is Nakobe Dean back, or will he be off IR, but still miss game?

PFF

Waiver wire

• LB Josh Woods, Arizona Cardinals: Woods returned to the lineup for the first time since Week 1 and stepped right back into his LB role that allows enough snaps for him to be rostered in deeper leagues.
  • LB Tyrel Dodson, Dorian Williams, Buffalo Bills: When Matt Milano went out, Williams was the immediate fill-in for the rest of the first quarter. The team seemed to change their mind, though, as Dodson was the secondary linebacker for the rest of the game. Dodson did not play an every-down role beyond the first quarter but played 82% of Buffalo's defensive snaps while Williams played just 31% from the second quarter on. IDP managers should likely prioritize Dodson first and Williams second on their waiver wires this week.
  • LB Damone Clark, Dallas Cowboys: Clark would likely be the main beneficiary of Leighton Vander Esch’s potential absence and can be added in most leagues as an LB3 option.
  • LB Blake Cashman, Houston Texans: Cashman played a near-every-down role this week despite Denzel Perryman returning to the lineup after a two-game absence. It’s possible that Perryman will retake his starting role over Cashman with another week to get healthy, but Cashman also played really well, earning an 82.7 defensive grade that included nine tackles and two for a loss.
  • LB Isaiah Simmons, New York Giants: Simmons moved into an every-down role this week after previously averaging just 27% of the team’s defensive snaps over the first four weeks of the season. Micah McFadden, who had previously been working as the team’s secondary linebacker, missed this game due to a foot injury, so it’s possible that Simmons will fall back down the depth chart on McFadden’s return to the lineup.
  • LB Jack Gibbens, Tennessee Titans: Gibbens has now hovered around 80% of the team’s defensive snaps in each of the past three weeks. He will mostly be a deeper league option to target off the waiver wire with decent production so far this year.
  • ED Marcus Davenport, Minnesota Vikings: Davenport now has seven pressures and two sacks over the past two games. He is playing a significant amount of snaps along with Danielle Hunter and could be a potential waiver wire target for those in need.
  • S Marcus Williams, Baltimore Ravens: Williams returned to the lineup for the first time since Week 1 and while he played primarily deep, he can be a startable fantasy asset in deeper leagues.
  • S Justin Evans, Philadelphia Eagles: Evans returned to his starting role in the Eagles’ lineup this week after missing Week 4 and all but six defensive snaps in Week 3. Deeper leagues can look to add Evans as an every-down safety where he’s available.
  • S Percy Butler, Washington Commanders: With Darrick Forrest on injured reserve, expect Butler to play an increased role in the weeks ahead, making him a player of interest in deeper leagues.

When Budda Baker is back, does ARZ go back to 3 safeties, or whatever they play there? Last few weeks its been Wallace and Thompson at S. Do they both remain on the field when Budda is back? I have Wallace and just wondering if I need to be adding another S if his snap count and tackles are gonna drop.

When Budda Baker is back, does ARZ go back to 3 safeties, or whatever they play there? Last few weeks its been Wallace and Thompson at S. Do they both remain on the field when Budda is back? I have Wallace and just wondering if I need to be adding another S if his snap count and tackles are gonna drop.
I wouldn't trust the sitaution and depending on who is available on waivers I would look to bolster your DB room. Josh Mettelus would be my target

Mettelus is rostered. Was considering Gilman from LAC, but cant find info if he is back this week. Adams for NYJ, but they are on a bye. I could use Wallace one more week I guess. Hill is on a bye, and the unimpressive Hamilton are my other DBs. So always looking for another one.

Let's look at what they've done, all from Macri's recaps:

Week 1:
PlayerTotal defensive snap shareBlitz rateDefensive line %Box %Deep safety %Slot %
Budda Baker100.0%2.8%1.4%18.3%73.2%7.0%
Jalen Thompson98.6%1.4%0.0%12.9%7.1%78.6%
K'Von Wallace70.4%4.0%0.0%42.0%28.0%30.0%
Andre Chachere4.2%0.0%0.0%66.7%33.3%0.0%

Week 2:
PlayerTotal defensive snap shareBlitz rateDefensive line %Box %Deep safety %Slot %
K'Von Wallace100.0%2.9%4.4%64.7%7.4%22.1%
Jalen Thompson100.0%0.0%1.5%23.5%0.0%72.1%
Andre Chachere92.6%0.0%1.6%11.1%68.3%19.0%

Week 3:
K'Von Wallace100.0%2.5%1.2%58.0%30.9%9.9%
Jalen Thompson98.8%0.0%0.0%28.8%5.0%58.8%
Andre Chachere60.5%6.1%0.0%24.5%61.2%10.2%

Week 4:
K'Von Wallace100.0%0.0%1.8%32.7%50.9%14.5%
Jalen Thompson100.0%0.0%0.0%30.9%18.2%41.8%
Andre Chachere49.1%0.0%7.4%59.3%22.2%7.4%

Week 5:
K'Von Wallace100.0%3.7%0.0%56.1%25.6%17.1%
Andre Chachere96.3%1.3%6.3%19.0%50.6%22.8%
Jalen Thompson42.7%0.0%0.0%20.0%0.0%71.4%
Joey Blount6.1%0.0%0.0%20.0%80.0%0.0%

Week 6:
K'Von Wallace100.0%1.8%3.5%64.9%10.5%19.3%
Andre Chachere100.0%0.0%3.5%14.0%49.1%29.8%
Joey Blount17.5%0.0%0.0%0.0%80.0%20.0%

I'm not sure what to turn that into, but there are clearly decent snaps for 3 players available. I'd guess all three get an almost full-time role, with the weak LBs parade losing snaps to Thompson/Wallace.

FantasyPros has good ROS IDP rankings up this week.
Agreed... from a macro view they look more accurate. Theirs have become my substitute.
Last week they blew, though - they need at least 3 ratings to be good because there’s a goofy ranking set that gets in there.
I may have spoken too soon because your observation is certainly true this week. The Fantasy Pros ROS IDP rankings have 3 expert ratings this week but are so wonky they are useless. I'm guessing what you said about the goofy ranking set is in play this week.

Man... finding a reliable set of ROS IDP rankings is like a treasure hunt.

Last edited:
Agreed... from a macro view they look more accurate. Theirs have become my substitute.
Last week they blew, though - they need at least 3 ratings to be good because there’s a goofy ranking set that gets in there.
I may have spoken to soon because your observation is certainly true this week. The Fantasy Pros ROS IDP rankings have 3 expert ratings this week but are so wonky they are useless. I'm guessing what you said about the goofy ranking set is in play this week.

There's probably a good subscription site for it - IDP Guru with Sitzmann would probably be the best spot. IDPGuys and IDPShow appear to have dynasty rankings (nice this time of year) and weekly rankings, but not ROS.

I may have spoken to soon because your observation is certainly true this week. The Fantasy Pros ROS IDP rankings have 3 expert ratings this week but are so wonky they are useless. I'm guessing what you said about the goofy ranking set is in play this week.

There's probably a good subscription site for it - IDP Guru with Sitzmann would probably be the best spot. IDPGuys and IDPShow appear to have dynasty rankings (nice this time of year) and weekly rankings, but not ROS.
We're planning to add ROS rankings next season after seeing folks ask for them in multiple places.

According to Ian Rapoport, the Eagles are trading for Kevin Byard.
Terrell Edmunds, a fifth round pick and a sixth round pick going to the Titans.

Thoughts on the IDP ramifications for Byard? Edmunds? :popcorn:
Probably good for Edmunds as he gets more PT. Probably worse for Byard as it's crowded in Philly. Probably hurts Blankenship too.
Do they get starter snaps right away? I'm hedging on starting Byard next week.

Let's look at what they've done, all from Macri's recaps:

Week 1:
Budda Baker100.0%2.8%1.4%18.3%73.2%7.0%
Jalen Thompson98.6%1.4%0.0%12.9%7.1%78.6%
K'Von Wallace70.4%4.0%0.0%42.0%28.0%30.0%
Andre Chachere4.2%0.0%0.0%66.7%33.3%0.0%

Week 2:
K'Von Wallace100.0%2.9%4.4%64.7%7.4%22.1%
Jalen Thompson100.0%0.0%1.5%23.5%0.0%72.1%
Andre Chachere92.6%0.0%1.6%11.1%68.3%19.0%

Week 3:
K'Von Wallace100.0%2.5%1.2%58.0%30.9%9.9%
Jalen Thompson98.8%0.0%0.0%28.8%5.0%58.8%
Andre Chachere60.5%6.1%0.0%24.5%61.2%10.2%

Week 4:
K'Von Wallace100.0%0.0%1.8%32.7%50.9%14.5%
Jalen Thompson100.0%0.0%0.0%30.9%18.2%41.8%
Andre Chachere49.1%0.0%7.4%59.3%22.2%7.4%

Week 5:
K'Von Wallace100.0%3.7%0.0%56.1%25.6%17.1%
Andre Chachere96.3%1.3%6.3%19.0%50.6%22.8%
Jalen Thompson42.7%0.0%0.0%20.0%0.0%71.4%
Joey Blount6.1%0.0%0.0%20.0%80.0%0.0%

Week 6:
K'Von Wallace100.0%1.8%3.5%64.9%10.5%19.3%
Andre Chachere100.0%0.0%3.5%14.0%49.1%29.8%
Joey Blount17.5%0.0%0.0%0.0%80.0%20.0%

I'm not sure what to turn that into, but there are clearly decent snaps for 3 players available. I'd guess all three get an almost full-time role, with the weak LBs parade losing snaps to Thompson/Wallace.
Wallace released - Thompson should be back soon I suppose. I was fortunate to get Baker in the lineup this week.

Users who are viewing this thread