What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

I missed the early entry deadline, so I tinkered around with the lineup some more on Tuesday. Probably the wrong play, but I loaded up with sleeper type picks this year with a much larger lineup than I usually carry. I see a lot of holes in using this strategy. But, hey, I’ve never won the other way,and we’re all in first place right now.

QB Jared Goff - $140.00
QB Jordan Love - $90.00
QB Sam Howell - $80.00
RB Joe Mixon - $240.00
RB James Conner - $200.00
RB Alvin Kamara - $150.00
RB Jaylen Warren - $110.00
RB Kenneth Gainwell - $80.00
RB Zack Moss - $40.00
WR Chris Olave - $270.00
WR Diontae Johnson - $180.00
WR Zay Flowers - $100.00
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling - $70.00
WR Josh Downs - $60.00
WR Khalil Shakir - $40.00
WR Puka Nacua - $30.00
TE Darren Waller - $170.00
TE David Njoku - $140.00
TE Sam LaPorta - $90.00
PK Brandon McManus - $40.00
PK Jason Sanders - $40.00
PK Cairo Santos - $30.00
TD Denver Broncos - $40.00
TD Washington Commanders - $40.00
TD Los Angeles Chargers - $3

I missed the early entry deadline, so I tinkered around with the lineup some more on Tuesday. Probably the wrong play, but I loaded up with sleeper type picks this year with a much larger lineup than I usually carry. I see a lot of holes in using this strategy. But, hey, I’ve never won the other way,and we’re all in first place right now.

QB Jared Goff - $140.00
QB Jordan Love - $90.00
QB Sam Howell - $80.00
RB Joe Mixon - $240.00
RB Zack Moss - $40.00
WR Chris Olave - $270.00
WR Zay Flowers - $100.00
WR Josh Downs - $60.00
WR Puka Nacua - $30.00
TE David Njoku - $140.00
TE Sam LaPorta - $90.00
PK Cairo Santos - $30.00

Nice. And it's worth a try, considering that there are always players that end up being surprise values once the season gets rolling, whether due to injury some other reason. You probably have enough studs to keep your team going, and if you hit on a couple lottery ticket players, you never know where that might take you. Good luck!

Alrighty! I checked all the rosters, and here are the 38 out of 61 folks who didn't tinker and are eligible for @Joe Bryant extra $100 prize:

Page 10 - @TwinTurbo @QuizGuy66 @JaBoo @Angry Beavers @Puppies @cstruk @ZWK @IHEARTFF @Kruegs @scottybo @bigfoamfinger @Balco @TrishaRita
Page 9 - @apalmer @Galileo @dzambo @steelerfan1 @msudaisy26 @firstseason1988 @Parmcat @Shaunz33 @Drunken Cowboy @wollac @BassNBrew @Steeler @Instinctive @SeniorVBDStudent @Monty Burns @bamabuddha @Hatch
Page 8 - @joey @BroncosFan07 @(HULK) @a_troll00 @themeanmachine @Deamon
Page 7 - @Dacomish @HairySasquatch

If you did not tinker and did post a roster, let me know and I will check again. Game on!
I forgot all about this tbh.

I have to believe they had every intention of finishing their RB room, but we’re unexpectedly abducted by allens, or fell into a coma, or moved to a country with tough extradition laws to avoid being prosecuted in the United States.
:oldunsure:

My wife made an interesting observation the other day about solving the world's problem with terrorism.

She said someone should introduce fantasy football, or fantasy soccer, or "fantasy whatever" to all the countries that harbor terrorists, and get everyone there as obsessed and addicted to fantasy sports as we are.

She might have a point.

Last edited:
QB Trevor Lawrence
QB Dak Prescott
RB Nick Chubb
RB Jahmyr Gibbs
RB Alexander Mattison
RB Raheem Mostert
RB Isaiah Spiller
WR Chris Olave
WR Diontae Johnson
WR Jahan Dotson
WR Romeo Doubs
WR Marvin Mims Jr.
WR Jonathan Mingo
TE Evan Engram
TE Dalton Kincaid
PK Younghoe Koo
PK Cameron Dicker
TD Jacksonville Jaguars
TD Los Angeles Chargers

I never do well in this contest and I am guessing this year won't be any different. I am going to need one of my young WRs to step up and be consistent for me to stay in this. I know a lot of people took Kamara (almost 2000 entries) and I wanted him too, but I talked myself out of it because he probably won't have much (if any) impact until Week 5 and I am usually gone by then. I tried to find a way to fit Kareem Hunt into this roster (439 of you did) because you know he is going to sign somewhere. Oh well. Good luck all and thank you Joe for putting this on.

Here's what I landed on. 21 player roster. I tried a few 18 team rosters, but just got too nervous about injuries and byes.

QB Tua Tagovailoa - $14 - Bye week: 10
QB Jared Goff - $14 = Bye week: 9

RB Nick Chubb - $30 - Bye week: 5
RB Dameon Pierce - $21 - Bye week: 7
RB Alvin Kamara - $15 - Bye week: 11
RB Khalil Herbert - $13 - Bye week: 13
RB Tank Bigsby - $9 - Bye week: 9
RB Chris Evans - $3 - Bye week: 7

WR Garrett Wilson - $29 - Bye week: 7
WR Tyler Lockett - $19 - Bye week: 5
WR Jahan Dotson - $14 - Bye week: 14
WR Courtland Sutton - $12 - Bye week: 9
WR Joshua Palmer - $6 - Bye week: 5
WR Michael Wilson - $3 - Bye week: 14

TE Darren Waller - $17 - Bye week: 13
TE Sam LaPorta - $9 - Bye week: 9
TE Taysom Hill - $8 - Bye week: 11

PK Greg Zuerlein - $4 - Bye week: 7
PK Brandon McManus - $4 - Bye week: 9

TD Atlanta Falcons - $3 - Bye week: 11
TD Carolina Panthers - $3 Bye week: 7

QB - Looked at more of a stud QB and scrub backup, but went with 2 mid-tier. Last year I went Cousins/Goff, and only had one week where I got less than 20 points from the combo. And I think Tua has the chance to vastly out-perform his cost this year.

RB - Nothing original here, I'm sure a ton of people saw all these guys as value for their price. I like that my top two have an early bye weeks. Disappointing to hear that Chris Evans is 3rd on the depth chart instead of 2nd, but still seems like he's got a path to meaningful playing time.

WR - I think Wilson has a chance to outperform some WRs priced above him, like AJ Brown. I'm all in on Lockett and Dotson this year, so this contest and several of my usual fantasy leagues are hinging on that belief. I also think Sutton is going to soak up targets, so he'll be a high floor PPR guy, even if he's not exciting. I feel vindicated that I called that Joshua Palmer stayed ahead of Quentin Johnson. Palmer really flashed at times last year, so I'm hoping he'll have a couple of boom weeks.

TE - I was really happy going stud TE last year. Had Kelce and Ertz, and almost always used Ertz's score at the flex. Glad I started gravitating away from Kelce early in the iterations, even though I had him last year. I'm buying the Waller hype, and hoping the Lions continue to use the TE position like they did last year (I think they had 9 TDs to TEs last year), and LaPorta will hopefully get the lion's share (pun intended). Taysom Hill seems like the perfect add for best ball, and I think he'll come through with a couple monster weeks.

K - I didn't like the $3 guys, so went with 2 guys who seemed secure. I'm just a fan of Greg the Leg, and the Jaguars seemed very excited to have McManus, and should put up a ton of points.

DEF - I was originally paying up for the Jets defense, but saw someone in this thread make a very good point that NFC defenses will face a lot of bad offenses, so I decided to save money and roll the dice on strength of schedule.

Last edited:
My wife made an interesting observation the other day about solving the world's problem with terrorism.

She said someone should introduce fantasy football, or fantasy soccer, or "fantasy whatever" to all the countries that harbor terrorists, and get everyone there as obsessed and addicted to this fantasy sports as we are.

She might have a point.
We tried it with alcohol and drugs. Obviously gateways to FF.

I changed my lineup many times as most of you probably did as well, but Zay Flowers, Alvin Kamara, and Michael Wilson were staples in probably 100% of them. Guessing those guys will be very highly rostered but that's okay.

Alrighty! I checked all the rosters, and here are the 38 out of 61 folks who didn't tinker and are eligible for @Joe Bryant extra $100 prize:

Page 10 - @TwinTurbo @QuizGuy66 @JaBoo @Angry Beavers @Puppies @cstruk @ZWK @IHEARTFF @Kruegs @scottybo @bigfoamfinger @Balco @TrishaRita
Page 9 - @apalmer @Galileo @dzambo @steelerfan1 @msudaisy26 @firstseason1988 @Parmcat @Shaunz33 @Drunken Cowboy @wollac @BassNBrew @Steeler @Instinctive @SeniorVBDStudent @Monty Burns @bamabuddha @Hatch

If you did not tinker and did post a roster, let me know and I will check again. Game on!
I posted on page 7 and haven't changed. Here is the rooster.

This is it for me. 21 roster spots is the smallest rooster I've done in years.

QB - Trevor Lawrence - JAX/9 - $19
QB - Mac Jones - NE/11 - $8
RB - Joe Mixon - CIN/7 - $24
RB - Travis Etienne Jr. - JAX/9 - $23
RB - Cam Akers - LAR/10 - $21
RB - Khalil Herbert - CHI/13 - $13
WR - Calvin Ridley - JAX/9 - $21
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/5 - $19
WR - Michael Pittman Jr. - IND/11 - $17
WR - Mike Evans - TB/5 - $16
WR - Adam Thielen - CAR/7 - $11
WR - Chase Claypool - CHI/13 - $5
WR - Khalil Shakir - BUF/13 - $4
TE - Darren Waller - NYG/13 - $17
TE - Taysom Hill - NO/11 - $8
TE - Dawson Knox - BUF/13 - $8
PK - Brandon McManus - JAX/9 - $4
PK - Cairo Santos - CHI/13 - $3
PK - Ka'imi Fairbairn - HOU/7 - $3
TD - Los Angeles Chargers - LAC/5 - $3
TD - Houston Texans - HOU/7 - $3

Total value: 250
You are absolutely correct, sorry. I will add you back to the list. The reason I thought you tinkered was because last year I had your team name as IAMBUTTUGLY, and that names exists agaian this year.

I do find this surprising. I am the only team with the same combo of top 2 RB, top 2 WR, and top TE (Chubb, Pierce, Wilson, Lockett, Waller). 266 have Chubb and Pierce, 91 have Wilson and Lockett, and obviously a ton have Waller, but none with that combo of 5.

hey everyone-

i hope you guys are doing well. i had to exclude myself from the posting festivities this year as i just simply wasted too much of my life on here last year arguing with people who think they can predict which of the $3 kickers have the most job security lol.

last year review: didnt make the top 250. too old and senile to remember where i got eliminated but i remember around week 10 or so feeling like i had a great team with a legit shot at winning. had mahomes and tlaw at qb, had hit on pierce, rhomandre and mckinnon as breakout consistent scorers at rb and had zay and engram with tlaw. i guess my wrs must have failed me again.

i put myself in this position every year: theres so many value wrs i like so i take like 10 of them but the huge outlier weeks tend to come from the elite guys at the top of the draft. that combined with the fact that you only need to start 2 means that as we approach the playoffs i get into this survivorship bias thing where most of the teams remaining end up having the breakout value wrs i hit on plus like chase or amon-ra and i cant compete. solution for this year? run it back with a 30-man value rooster again duh!

last years must own player review: dameon pierce. huge win. rodrigo blankenship. see...uhh...what had happened...

this years must own players...drumroll please...

really nobody. the closest thing i have is michael wilson. $3 for a starting wr who figures to play a lot (their only adult-sized wr and a rookie who they want to see if he's good) on a team that will need to throw a lot. but even then, if you said to me this team sucks and this guy wasnt a great prospect to begin with i dont want him i wont argue with you. theres so many great values at wr in the $3-$5 range that skipping this guy certainly isnt wrong and likely isnt going to kill you.

some pricing thoughts:

1. the lower end TEs are very cheap for guys who are likely to play a lot. soooo many $9 and less values. given the wasteland that generally is the TE position i really love the like 4-5 low priced TE strategy this year again (SHOCKING!).

2. the packers feel way too cheap to me too. i get it. lots of risk that they wont throw much and love might not be good. but man if they do and he is you can get their whole team for not much at all. i knew from the moment the prices came out id have the love-reed-musgrave double stack.

3. that gigantic value rb grouping of all the like $12 and less guys who are the backups/40% guys/passcatching guys will determine who goes a long way in this contest. whoever figures these guys out (ie, randomly clicks names and ends up on the right guys). whats your flavor? tantalizing rookies with passcatching upside? (spears, charbonnet, bigsby) 40%ers who with monstrous conditional upside? (charbonnet, eli mitchell, warren, gainwell) super cheap backups who could end up with huge roles as the playoffs approach? (kyren, ingram) ambiguous backfields? (mia/no/phil/chi). theres legit like 20+ guys who could be contest winners out of this group.

so given this post and my history you already know i went super value heavy 30 man rooster, so here it is:

sooted72​

These results are:

This entry is still alive (as of the beginning of week 1) :clap::pickle::hifive::thumbup:

QB Lamar Jackson - $220.00
QB Jordan Love - $90.00
QB Mac Jones - $80.00
RB David Montgomery - $180.00
RB Brian Robinson Jr. - $150.00
RB Zach Charbonnet - $140.00
RB Tyler Allgeier - $90.00
WR Jahan Dotson - $140.00
WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba - $130.00
WR Rashod Bateman - $110.00
WR Zay Flowers - $100.00
WR Nico Collins - $100.00
WR Marvin Mims Jr. - $80.00
WR Jayden Reed - $70.00
WR Kendrick Bourne - $40.00
WR Michael Wilson - $30.00
TE Hunter Henry - $80.00
TE Jake Ferguson - $60.00
TE Luke Musgrave - $60.00
TE Cade Otton - $60.00
TE Isaiah Likely - $50.00
PK Ka'imi Fairbairn - $30.00
PK Anders Carlson - $30.00
PK Dustin Hopkins - $30.00
TD Atlanta Falcons - $30.00
TD Chicago Bears - $30.00
TD Detroit Lions - $30.00

ok im gonna respond to a few posts then ill see next year.

LOVE YOU ALL ❤️❤️❤️

QB Kenny Pickett - $10 Steelers0.00
QB Jordan Love - $9 Packers0.00
QB Sam Howell - $8 Commanders0.00
RB Kenneth Walker III - $19. Seahawks0.00
RB Antonio Gibson - $17 Commanders0.00
RB Brian Robinson Jr. - $15 Commanders0.00
RB Alvin Kamara - $15 Saints0.00
RB Zach Charbonnet - $14 Seahwaks0.00
RB Jamaal Williams - $12 Saints0.00
RB Kendre Miller - $8 Saints0.00
WR Tyreek Hill - $33 Dolphins0.00
WR George Pickens - $15 Steelers0.00
WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba - $13 Seahawks0.00
WR Romeo Doubs - $9 Packers 0.00
WR Rashid Shaheed - $7 Saints0.00
WR Jalin Hyatt - $4 Giants0.00
WR Puka Nacua - $3 Rams0.00
TE Sam LaPorta - $9 Lions0.00
TE Luke Musgrave - $6 Packers0.00
TE Jake Ferguson - $6 Cowboys0.00
PK Cairo Santos - $3 Bears0.00
PK Michael Badgley - $30.00
PK Ka'imi Fairbairn - $3 Texans0.00
TD Tennessee Titans - $30.00
TD Las Vegas Raiders - $3

I'm the only team with the Saints and Seahawks RB combo
Week 6 is going to be tough with Steelers and Packers on bye

QB Daniel Jones - $160.00
QB Kenny Pickett - $100.00
RB Jahmyr Gibbs - $250.00
RB Dameon Pierce - $210.00
RB Kenneth Walker III - $190.00
RB James Cook - $180.00
RB Chris Evans - $30.00
WR Brandon Aiyuk - $180.00
WR Drake London - $180.00
WR Skyy Moore - $120.00
WR Zay Flowers - $100.00
WR Michael Wilson - $30.00
WR Tank Dell - $30.00
TE Dalton Kincaid - $100.00
TE Sam LaPorta - $90.00
PK Cairo Santos - $30.00
TD Atlanta Falcons - $30.00
TD Carolina Panthers - $30.00

Here's what I landed on. 21 player roster. I tried a few 18 team rosters, but just got too nervous about injuries and byes.

QB Tua Tagovailoa - $14 - Bye week: 10
QB Jared Goff - $14 = Bye week: 9

RB Nick Chubb - $30 - Bye week: 5
RB Dameon Pierce - $21 - Bye week: 7
RB Alvin Kamara - $15 - Bye week: 11
RB Khalil Herbert - $13 - Bye week: 13
RB Tank Bigsby - $9 - Bye week: 9
RB Chris Evans - $3 - Bye week: 7

WR Garrett Wilson - $29 - Bye week: 7
WR Tyler Lockett - $19 - Bye week: 5
WR Jahan Dotson - $14 - Bye week: 14
WR Courtland Sutton - $12 - Bye week: 9
WR Joshua Palmer - $6 - Bye week: 5
WR Michael Wilson - $3 - Bye week: 14

TE Darren Waller - $17 - Bye week: 13
TE Sam LaPorta - $9 - Bye week: 9
TE Taysom Hill - $8 - Bye week: 11

PK Greg Zuerlein - $4 - Bye week: 7
PK Brandon McManus - $4 - Bye week: 9

TD Atlanta Falcons - $3 - Bye week: 11
TD Carolina Panthers - $3 Bye week: 7

QB - Looked at more of a stud QB and scrub backup, but went with 2 mid-tier. Last year I went Cousins/Goff, and only had one week where I got less than 20 points from the combo. And I think Tua has the chance to vastly out-perform his cost this year.

RB - Nothing original here, I'm sure a ton of people saw all these guys as value for their price. I like that my top two have an early bye weeks. Disappointing to hear that Chris Evans is 3rd on the depth chart instead of 2nd, but still seems like he's got a path to meaningful playing time.

WR - I think Wilson has a chance to outperform some WRs priced above him, like AJ Brown. I'm all in on Lockett and Dotson this year, so this contest and several of my usual fantasy leagues are hinging on that belief. I also think Sutton is going to soak up targets, so he'll be a high floor PPR guy, even if he's not exciting. I feel vindicated that I called that Joshua Palmer stayed ahead of Quentin Johnson. Palmer really flashed at times last year, so I'm hoping he'll have a couple of boom weeks.

TE - I was really happy going stud TE last year. Had Kelce and Ertz, and almost always used Ertz's score at the flex. Glad I started gravitating away from Kelce early in the iterations, even though I had him last year. I'm buying the Waller hype, and hoping the Lions continue to use the TE position like they did last year (I think they had 9 TDs to TEs last year), and LaPorta will hopefully get the lion's share (pun intended). Taysom Hill seems like the perfect add for best ball, and I think he'll come through with a couple monster weeks.

K - I didn't like the $3 guys, so went with 2 guys who seemed secure. I'm just a fan of Greg the Leg, and the Jaguars seemed very excited to have McManus, and should put up a ton of points.

DEF - I was originally paying up for the Jets defense, but saw someone in this thread make a very good point that NFC defenses will face a lot of bad offenses, so I decided to save money and roll the dice on strength of schedule.
not how i build but i definitely like it. my only thing is i think you need either tyreek or waddle on here. if you get to the playoffs and tua is the guy you need its very likely one of tyreek or waddle (probably both of them honestly) has crushed the playoffs too.

i spent a lot of time tinkering around with tua/tyreek/waddle teams but didnt like my depth so i scrapped them for the much cheaper and easier to build around lamar/flowers/bateman build.

QB Jared Goff - $140.00
QB Jordan Love - $90.00
QB Sam Howell - $80.00
RB Joe Mixon - $240.00
RB Zack Moss - $40.00
WR Chris Olave - $270.00
WR Zay Flowers - $100.00
WR Josh Downs - $60.00
WR Puka Nacua - $30.00
TE David Njoku - $140.00
TE Sam LaPorta - $90.00
PK Cairo Santos - $30.00
LOVE IT! if i had to nitpick id swap out shakir and downs as im pretty skeptical of their roles this year and theres a mllion $4ish priced guys who i like more.

really nobody. the closest thing i have is michael wilson. $3 for a starting wr who figures to play a lot (their only adult-sized wr and a rookie who they want to see if he's good) on a team that will need to throw a lot. but even then, if you said to me this team sucks and this guy wasnt a great prospect to begin with i dont want him i wont argue with you. theres so many great values at wr in the $3-$5 range that skipping this guy certainly isnt wrong and likely isnt going to kill you.
You have the player to own...and his quarterback.

$4 Kendrick Bourne will start along with banged up Parker and banged up JJSS. Gesiki is also banged up. The WRs below Bourne are rookies. The passing game will rebound under OBrien. I expect at least 40/500/3 from Bourne but the ceiling is 50% above that. Some of us still remember Bourne's DFS impact before he came to NE.

The following users have posted in this thread, but have yet to post a lineup, to be eligible for Joe's extra $100 prize:

@FairWarning @stubby @IHEARTFF @KingPrawn @Puppies @Gottabesweet @Rubi @Ignoratio Elenchi @chocula @Hot Sauce Guy @dbc925 @TwinTurbo @Dez @Mister CIA @lsutigers @BMFS33 @gridlocks @zed2283 @JaBoo @Army Eye @DA RAIDERS @nathanbalboa @billmatic

Less than 4 hours left to post your team to be eligible for the extra $100 prize. And for those that do have a roster posted, please make sure the most recent one you posted is the correct one.
Yup. I had a very busy weekend, so I didn't make the Labor Day cut. Oh well, here's my final 22 man rooster.

QB Justin Herbert - $21 popular
QB Kenny Pickett - $10 what everyone else said

RB Bijan Robinson - $33 swing for the fences
RB Tony Pollard - $29 decent risk/reward
RB Jaylen Warren - $11 the fantasy darling of 2023
RB Ty Chandler - $3 hope for a decent bye week score

WR Amon-Ra St. Brown - $30 targets, dome, fireinthebelly
WR George Pickens - $15 #pickettStack
WR Jahan Dotson - $14 liked him before the hoopla
WR Skyy Moore - $12 easily the best choice among KC WR, so we all know what that means
WR Elijah Moore - $11 week 17 against the team that traded him
WR Zay Flowers - $10 even though he will be on a lot of rosters, can't ignore the value
WR Michael Wilson - $3 spike week here or there?

TE Darren Waller - $17 don't wanna say anything to jinx him
TE Luke Musgrave - $6 all these good, cheap TEs
TE Jake Ferguson - $6 are easy to rooster

PK Cameron Dicker - $4 secret QB/K stack.....shhhh
PK Anders Carlson - $3 yuck
PK Ka'imi Fairbairn - $3 don'tgetcut

TD Atlanta Falcons - $3 home team!
TD Carolina Panthers - $3 sacks plus division sucks
TD Detroit Lions - $3 head coach attitude

QB Trevor Lawrence
QB Dak Prescott
RB Nick Chubb
RB Jahmyr Gibbs
RB Alexander Mattison
RB Raheem Mostert
RB Isaiah Spiller
WR Chris Olave
WR Diontae Johnson
WR Jahan Dotson
WR Romeo Doubs
WR Marvin Mims Jr.
WR Jonathan Mingo
TE Evan Engram
TE Dalton Kincaid
PK Younghoe Koo
PK Cameron Dicker
TD Jacksonville Jaguars
TD Los Angeles Chargers

I never do well in this contest and I am guessing this year won't be any different. I am going to need one of my young WRs to step up and be consistent for me to stay in this. I know a lot of people took Kamara (almost 2000 entries) and I wanted him too, but I talked myself out of it because he probably won't have much (if any) impact until Week 5 and I am usually gone by then. I tried to find a way to fit Kareem Hunt into this roster (439 of you did) because you know he is going to sign somewhere. Oh well. Good luck all and thank you Joe for putting this on.
so its important that you dont look at 'never doing well in this contest' as bad process. i believe that if you build teams like yours (smaller roosters with more studs) youre more likely to be eliminated before the playoffs but also more live to win it the times you do get there. (as opposed to someone like me who builds teams that tend to hang around forever but arent actually good enough to win it all.)

as long as youre building well, which i would define as things like allocating salary and roster positions reasonably, looking at bye week overlap, things like that, then your lineup will have a positive expectation in this contest.

You have the player to own...and his quarterback.

$4 Kendrick Bourne will start along with banged up Parker and banged up JJSS. Gesiki is also banged up. The WRs below Bourne are rookies. The passing game will rebound under OBrien. I expect at least 40/500/3 from Bourne but the ceiling is 50% above that. Some of us still remember Bourne's DFS impact before he came to NE.

yeah i mentioned the packers but the pats are super cheap too. (for obvious reasons)

QB Kenny Pickett - $10 Steelers0.00
QB Jordan Love - $9 Packers0.00
QB Sam Howell - $8 Commanders0.00
RB Kenneth Walker III - $19. Seahawks0.00
RB Antonio Gibson - $17 Commanders0.00
RB Brian Robinson Jr. - $15 Commanders0.00
RB Alvin Kamara - $15 Saints0.00
RB Zach Charbonnet - $14 Seahwaks0.00
RB Jamaal Williams - $12 Saints0.00
RB Kendre Miller - $8 Saints0.00
WR Tyreek Hill - $33 Dolphins0.00
WR George Pickens - $15 Steelers0.00
WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba - $13 Seahawks0.00
WR Romeo Doubs - $9 Packers 0.00
WR Rashid Shaheed - $7 Saints0.00
WR Jalin Hyatt - $4 Giants0.00
WR Puka Nacua - $3 Rams0.00
TE Sam LaPorta - $9 Lions0.00
TE Luke Musgrave - $6 Packers0.00
TE Jake Ferguson - $6 Cowboys0.00
PK Cairo Santos - $3 Bears0.00
PK Michael Badgley - $30.00
PK Ka'imi Fairbairn - $3 Texans0.00
TD Tennessee Titans - $30.00
TD Las Vegas Raiders - $3

I'm the only team with the Saints and Seahawks RB combo
Week 6 is going to be tough with Steelers and Packers on bye

LOVE IT! exactly how i like to build.

also thanks for listing the teams as we didnt know who these guys played for. :ROFLMAO:

You are absolutely correct, sorry. I will add you back to the list. The reason I thought you tinkered was because last year I had your team name as IAMBUTTUGLY, and that names exists agaian this year.
Does it ? I tried to name my team but couldn't figure out how. The only way I saw was on the fbg classic but I kept getting an error so haven't been able to name my team.

But there is only one iambuttugly and that's me. Someone is trying to steal my ugly identity LOL.

I do find this surprising. I am the only team with the same combo of top 2 RB, top 2 WR, and top TE (Chubb, Pierce, Wilson, Lockett, Waller). 266 have Chubb and Pierce, 91 have Wilson and Lockett, and obviously a ton have Waller, but none with that combo of 5.
lol i mean im no prob/stat expert or anything, but color me not that surprised that nobody else has exactly this combination of 5 expensive players.

Your team has been successfully entered .

QB - Kenny Pickett - PIT/6 - $10
RB - Nick Chubb - CLE/5 - $30
RB - Dameon Pierce - HOU/7 - $21
RB - Raheem Mostert - MIA/10 - $10
RB - Tank Bigsby - JAX/9 - $9
RB - Kenneth Gainwell - PHI/10 - $8
WR - Jahan Dotson - WAS/14 - $14
WR - Jaxon Smith-Njigba - SEA/5 - $13
WR - Gabe Davis - BUF/13 - $12
WR - Alec Pierce - IND/11 - $7
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - KC/10 - $7
WR - Kendrick Bourne - NE/11 - $4
WR - Tank Dell - HOU/7 - $3
TE - Pat Freiermuth - PIT/6 - $17
TE - Hunter Henry - NE/11 - $8
TE - Jake Ferguson - DAL/7 - $6
TE - Noah Gray - KC/10 - $3
PK - Cameron Dicker - LAC/5 - $4
PK - Jason Sanders - MIA/10 - $4
TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/11 - $3
TD - Los Angeles Rams - LAR/10 - $3

Here's what I finally settled on, roster size of 26. So glad I found out about this contest last season. It's so hard to nail down a roster I feel 100% great about, but this one is close. If I can get to week 6 that'll be a new personal record. Good luck in the contest everyone!
very sharp roster. im guessing you drafted a ton of bestball teams this year.

Does it ? I tried to name my team but couldn't figure out how. The only way I saw was on the fbg classic but I kept getting an error so haven't been able to name my team.

But there is only one iambuttugly and that's me. Someone is trying to steal my ugly identity LOL.
You are most certainly NOT the only one

QB Justin Fields - $200.00
QB Kenny Pickett - $100.00
RB Jahmyr Gibbs - $250.00
RB Joe Mixon - $240.00
RB Rachaad White - $190.00
WR Garrett Wilson - $290.00
WR DJ Moore - $180.00
WR Drake London - $180.00
WR George Pickens - $150.00
WR Van Jefferson - $80.00
TE Juwan Johnson - $90.00
TE Sam LaPorta - $90.00
PK Anders Carlson - $30.00
PK Cairo Santos - $30.00
PK Dustin Hopkins - $30.00
TD Los Angeles Chargers - $30.00

Qb: expect top 3-5 from fields, tried to get a 3rd qb but couldn’t make it work.

Rb: no depth, but LOVE my top 3 and expect warren to do well

Wr: my strength imo. Love
The fields/Moore combo

Te: Johnson should be steady with the rookies having a few big games sprinkled in

Really wanted to get a 5th rb but didn’t want to at the expense of my wr’s.

I can’t remember exactly where I finished last year but it was high enough to pay for my subscription this season. 💪

QB - Trevor Lawrence - 19
QB - Anthony Richardson - 15

RB - Nick Chubb - 30
RB - James Cook - 18
RB - Jamaal Williams - 12
RB - Deuce Vaughn - 5

WR - Garrett Wilson - 29
WR - Chris Olave - 27
WR - Calvin Ridley - 21
WR - Tyler Lockett - 19
WR - Tank Dell - 3
WR - Puka Nacua - 3

TE - Darren Waller - 17
TE - Sam LaPorta - 9
TE - Luke Musgrave - 6

PK - Cameron Dicker - 4
PK - Jason Sanders - 4

TD - Baltimore Ravens - 5
TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - 4
18 man rooster LIKE A BOSS! personally dont feel great about any of your non-chubb rbs, though certainly i see the upside cases for all of them. just not the guys i particularly would have chosen (probably a good thing for you given my track record in this contest lol). lots of firepower and upside, this team is awesome. minor minor nitpick: if youre spending $9 on TD just grab 3 min priced teams instead of 2 medium priced ones. its so unpredictable id rather have 3 bites at the apple any given week. also theres no drawback for points or yards allowed so youre just shooting for turnovers and tds which are so random (disclaimer: actually didnt look at the DT scoring rules this year but this is how its always been done before.)

So here's my narrative, fwiw, which is not much considering prior years' results :D

Concept #1 Correlation

We know from DFS that correlation will drive your score up, but this is via variance which has a downside. So, good for the finals but not necessarily good for the contest regular season.

So, if you can get multiple instances of correlation, this helps mitigate the negative variance potential from the regular season.

But, it also means you should not be thinking about correlation from Burrows/Chase/Mixon because you wont be able to fund multiple instances of correlation.

That's how I arrived at having Rodgers/Wilson/Conklin/(kicker), Goff/Gibbs/LaPorta/(defense), Pickett/Warren/Pickens and some lesser correlations in my final roster.

More than 75% of my cap is from multiple players from the same teams.

I don't know if this will prove to be a winning strategy or not, but it's new for me and I haven't seen anyone advocate such, so at a minimum it will yield interesting results.

Starters:
QB Platoon Rodgers, Goff, Pickett
RB Chubb, Gibbs
WR Wilson, Pickens
TE Waller
Flex Dotson, Davis
PK Elliott (PHI)
TD Seattle
Flex Pool: Warren, Mosfert, Elliott, (Bourne, Dell), LaPorta, Conklin

Concept #2 Surviveability

Spent a lot of time and effort trying to "manage" bye week coverage. I ended up with most of my risk concentrated in W13 with Waller and Gabe Davis. However, with a roster of 22, 6 WRs and 3TEs I'm actually pretty comfortable with W13. Given Waller is 38% owned, and I only have 2 players from Ravens, Bills, Bears, Raiders, Vikings and Giants, I think I'm in relatively good shape.

Concept #3 Decent Floors without premium cost

Diversification with reasonable floors versus uber studs. In the RB/WR/TE pool, I'm only carrying one blue chip player in Chubb ($30), two near elites in Gibbs ($25) and Wilson ($29) and mid-high range at TE (Waller, $17). From there, the spend per player drops precipitously to Warren, Mostert and Elliott at RB ($7-$11), Dotson and Davis at WR ($12-14) and Conklin and Laporta at TE ($7-9). Bourne and Dell ($3-4) I don't think of as part of my flex pool, but I might get 4-5 weeks out of Bourne and a couple weeks out of Dell.

Concept #4 Known path to possible ceiling

You want reasonable floors from your flex pool so you can count on some amount of modest scoring from your flex pool when starter(s) are on bye or become injured....but ultimately you want to find players with a known path to exceeding expectation, as such:

Warren - LOTS of carries from Najee last year...will those tires get bald?
Mostert - Wilson and the rookie are already gimpy...it could stay that way
Elliott - does he squeeze out a larger touch % by solid performance in short yardage?
Dotson - young player growth, what happens to his targets if scary terry gets injured?
Davis - apparently played most of last year gimped up...remember his playoffs the year before
LaPorta - the new tight end in Detroit. hello.
Conklin - when Rodgers trusts his tight end, the relationship because second favorite target.
Bourne - the competition is Parker, JJSS and Gesiki (all gimpy), Henry and rookie WRs
Dell $3 splash maker in pre-season. Houston won't suck as bad as Arizona. lol.

Correlations and flex pool bye week details are here:

Roster Analysis

If anyone is interested in splitting $10K, here you go.

QB - Deshaun Watson - CLE/5 - $18
QB - Bryce Young - CAR/7 - $9
QB - Sam Howell - WAS/14 - $8

RB - Alvin Kamara - NO/11 - $15
RB - Jaylen Warren - PIT/6 - $11
RB - Elijah Mitchell - SF/9 - $10
RB - Jerome Ford - CLE/5 - $8
RB - Zach Evans - LAR/10 - $5
RB - Ty Chandler - MIN/13 - $3

WR - Jahan Dotson - WAS/14 - $14
WR - Jaxon Smith-Njigba - SEA/5 - $13
WR - Michael Thomas - NO/11 - $12
WR - Elijah Moore - CLE/5 - $11
WR - Jameson Williams - DET/9 - $9
WR - Marvin Mims Jr. - DEN/9 - $8
WR - Tank Dell - HOU/7 - $3

TE - David Njoku - CLE/5 - $14
TE - Sam LaPorta - DET/9 - $9
TE - Jake Ferguson - DAL/7 - $6
TE - Noah Gray - KC/10 - $3

PK - Wil Lutz - DEN/9 - $4
PK - Graham Gano - NYG/13 - $4
PK - Anders Carlson - GB/6 - $3
PK - Brett Maher - LAR/10 - $3

TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/7 - $7
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/5 - $5
TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/11 - $3
TD - Detroit Lions - DET/9 - $3
this team wins the most extravagant spending award for $16 on backup rbs, $24 on suspended players, $14 on kickers and $18 on defenses.

sneaky little noah gray pick. maybe kelce injury is more serious than we think or maybe he gets hurt again. father time is undefeated after all. i wonder how many people did this?

Is there a specific first known usage of this thread's spelling variant of the word roster? I've literally seen it thousands of times, and it still cracks me up every time. 🐓
That's a great question. I never really thought about it, but this thread is pretty much the only place I seem to see it all the time. My guess is it started with a misspelling, and someone jumped in and joked.

Is there a specific first known usage of this thread's spelling variant of the word roster? I've literally seen it thousands of times, and it still cracks me up every time. 🐓
I think @QuizGuy66 may have started the whole rooster thing.
I thought it started with a post that should’ve gone in the ACF but I think got posted in the FFA instead. The post asked for advice on his “rooster”. You can imagine the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread