What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Dallas Cowboys — On to the offseason. Let’s Go Bucs! (3 Viewers)

I just didn’t think we would win the East. Weird, weird stuff.

Of course we play at 4:30 - my kid has a 5:30 hockey game. Oof.

We should beat GB. I’m glad we avoided the Rams- think they will upset the Lions.

I felt the same way, but following Love's play very closely all year (because he was on my main fantasy teams and many best balls). I'm pretty concerned about this game too. I don't think there's as much difference between GB and LA anymore, and I won't be surprised by any outcome between GB/DAL or LA/DET. Oddly, it seems the Eagles got the easiest wildcard matchup, but the way they're playing, I won't be surprised by any outcome in that one either. Should be a crazy weekend.

I like to think of myself as a semi-realistic Cowboy fan, but I don't think the Packers scare me at all.

They give up more rushing yards than they produce. The WR group seems to be pretty dinged up. They did beat the KC Chiefs but they lost against the Falcons, Giants and Raiders. We should be able to have our way with them, honestly.

Green Bay plays a lot of zone/shell D.
Dak has had moments where he struggles with zone.

I think if Dallas is patient and can use the TE’s and RB’s in the pass game - we should be fine.

I think our speed on D and the pass rush will give Love issues. Saw an awful lot of back foot throws from him in watching some stuff.

I'm concerned. I don't form an opinion on the Packers whole season. They were 2-5 going into November. They're 7-3 since and kind of battle tested. The Love who went 2-5 doesn't exist anymore. He's figured things out and has weapons everywhere. I expect Dallas to win but the two bottomfeeders in the NFC (GB & LA) are both coming in hot. So I won't be shocked by upsets. Should be fun, but I don't think it will be easy. A blowout at home would feel awful good though.

Green Bay plays a lot of zone/shell D.
Dak has had moments where he struggles with zone.

I think if Dallas is patient and can use the TE’s and RB’s in the pass game - we should be fine.

I think our speed on D and the pass rush will give Love issues. Saw an awful lot of back foot throws from him in watching some stuff.
I watched him make a couple really nice throws off that back foot the other day. We better bring the points

would be zero surprise on that type of move, but I think BB wouldn't be interested in dealing with Jerry

Why is our team thread so stale?

Someone pick a topic or something.
Thoughts on Cooks outlook in the playoffs? Had a few duds in December and if not for the TDs the last three weeks would have finished terribly over the last 5 of the season.

I guess it depends if you are talking about fantasy stats or his overall play?

I think a few things happened early in the year preventing him from getting his feet wet right away.

My overall impression is somewhat confusing - I think our losses show that he was under used at times. Yet, I also personally believe Dak has distributed the ball very well. Our turnovers show this clearly.

If I had a disappointment, I thought he would be better 3rd down chain mover and I’m not seeing that as much as I would like.

Overall, he has been good - but not amazing.

Topic: Hankins being back!

JH is the key to slowing down the Packs Jones & Dillon. As much as I would love to see more out of Gallimore, Hankins has been a beast before the injury and I think we see a different run stoppage defense with him back healthy. Now Mazi on the other hand? Milk carton 🤷🏼‍♂️

When I heard him say, “I don’t even like football I just like hitting people“ I knew he was a bad pick. I don’t mind the attitude and apparently he’s incredibly strong just needs the technique so there is some hope.

JH is the key to slowing down the Packs Jones & Dillon. As much as I would love to see more out of Gallimore, Hankins has been a beast before the injury and I think we see a different run stoppage defense with him back healthy. Now Mazi on the other hand? Milk carton 🤷🏼‍♂️

When I heard him say, “I don’t even like football I just like hitting people“ I knew he was a bad pick. I don’t mind the attitude and apparently he’s incredibly strong just needs the technique so there is some hope.

He’s still a boy - needs time. He needs to man string, not just push weights.

Agree about the not loving football concern.

He moves the needle for sure.

Run defense needs to be upgraded in the offseason. We are built only to play with a lead.

McCarthy and Dak have to go.
Please, just let Dak walk in FA. He’s a known commodity- the 7 or 8 year body of work could not be more clear- 2 and 5 in the playoffs, terrible decisions, bad picks. It’s just time to reset. There is no upside here. The last 3 seasons have been rinse and repeat, other than beating a lousy Tampa team last year.

I like him as a person. He’s a standup guy and has high character. He gives back. All those things are great, but he’s not the guy.

The only downside of this glorious blowout is the cowboys might finally move on from MM.
Honestly, it isn't MM. Dak needs to go. He becomes a shell of himself when the big games happen. I've been screaming this since 2020. DO NOT just look at the numbers. Watch each throw. His completion percentage has been decent due to excellent WR play. He even had some good throws during this Green Bay game. But....overall....he is a liability.

The only downside of this glorious blowout is the cowboys might finally move on from MM.
Honestly, it isn't MM. Dak needs to go. He becomes a shell of himself when the big games happen. I've been screaming this since 2020. DO NOT just look at the numbers. Watch each throw. His completion percentage has been decent due to excellent WR play. He even had some good throws during this Green Bay game. But....overall....he is a liability.
Dak is a product of a QB generation where the median dropped in quality, so he looks better by contrast. This isn't the Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers timeline. Even in the Brady era you had decent-ish qbs that could execute in big games.

I’m just completely at a loss at the ineptitude on defense. I’ve never seen so many wide open receivers in one game. Even the Giants defense played better than that.

Who do you replace him with though? Trey Lance? I cant see them putting the 5th year option on him..
Maybe they trade him, I doubt they would cut him because of a bad game in the playoffs. So you're stuck with him for next year. Maybe they draft a rookie to evaluate?

Users who are viewing this thread