What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 College football thread - That's A Wrap (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wrong Bama should have been in over FSU. Michigan should be out, them being in the playoffs is tearing family's apart. Thoughts and prayers GM.

Tearing families apart?? :confused:

It is a joke. GM said this final is tearing his Oregon Duck loving family apart. Half them can't root for Washington because they are Ducks and the other half hate Michigan so much they are rooting for Washington.

Mrs. GM is rooting for Penix and the doggos. She really liked the way he carried himself at the Heisman presentation. I don't think she knew who was prior to that.

Our twins aren't speaking to us right now.

Tough game to call tonight. I would think Michigan’s oline will lean on Washington and they’ll be able to control the ball and the clock. But Penix and those wideouts are so good. Feels kinda 2010 Auburnish where maybe not the most complete team wins the whole thing because of one (or a few more in this case) dynamic players.

It's going to be a close game. That's the one thing I'm very confident in. Therefore, taking points seems prudent. For all the talk about Penix and his wideouts (for good reason) not enough is being made of the Washington Offensive Line. They're going to need it tonight for sure.
Michigan's D is well aware that the Wash O line won the Joe Moore Award for best O line ...which Michigan's line won the past two years (and didn't deserve this year). So I expect Michigan's defensive front has some extra motivation to put a dent in that line's reputation. But can they? It'll be very interesting to see how the Wash O vs. Mich D plays out.

But I really like the prospect of Michigan's offense - JJ, and especially Corum - against a mediocre Wash D. If the Michigan offense can get off to a strong start ...big advantage, Michigan, I'd say. Go Blue.

Clock hits midnight for Washington.

Michigan 38
Washington 14
Ohio St. and Maryland put up 24 on this Michigan defense. I'd be surprised if Washington can't score at least 30. Yeah, different stage, but still.......doubt it's a blowout for Michigan.

I'll guess 37-34 UW.
Who will run the football for UW tonight?
Johnson, Rogers and Newton.

I don't expect a huge rushing total unless DJ can persevere through the foot pain like he did vs. Oregon in the Pac12 title game.

Michigan 38
Washington 14
Ohio St. and Maryland put up 24 on this Michigan defense. I'd be surprised if Washington can't score at least 30. Yeah, different stage, but still.......doubt it's a blowout for Michigan.

I'll guess 37-34 UW.
Who will run the football for UW tonight?
Johnson, Rogers and Newton.

I don't expect a huge rushing total unless DJ can persevere through the foot pain like he did vs. Oregon in the Pac12 title game.

It was their run game that really kept 'em in Game 1. Johnson was huge. Hope he can go tonight.

Thread title..... :lmao:

Have no plans to check anything but the score Tues. Maybe Wednesday if get busy. Gotta think ratings will be at or near all time lows.
Tomorrow night's game? The semifinals pulled in huge numbers so there's no reason to expect anything different tomorrow night.

I think Bama and Texas both get a lot of national interest. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I think sometimes you just say stuff that even you know is ridiculous but you just don't have the filter to stop yourself. This is one of those times.
Maybe

I mean is this one set to finish before dawn on the east Coast?

Have no plans to check anything but the score Tues. Maybe Wednesday if get busy. Gotta think ratings will be at or near all time lows.
Tomorrow night's game? The semifinals pulled in huge numbers so there's no reason to expect anything different tomorrow night.

I think Bama and Texas both get a lot of national interest. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I think sometimes you just say stuff that even you know is ridiculous but you just don't have the filter to stop yourself. This is one of those times.
Maybe

I'm thinking about drinking a beer every hour. I only have 16 cans so I hope it's enough.

Maybe

Doubling down on stupid takes now? Jesus, just call the Arnie Spanior show and get them all out at once, Daryn from Denton.

Michigan 38
Washington 14

I'll take UW +24 if you're offering.
I would have to be pretty stupid to give 24 when I can give 5.5 in Vegas

Give me UW +5.5 for $50? I know you're money good.....
Done
I'll take that same bet. I'll put up $100 if you are interested.
Schmeabs? Do you want to make this bet? UW +5.5.

I’m fine with either $50 or $100, but I’d prefer the latter.

I’ve sent several hundred dollars to FBG charities that I’ve committed to over the past few years. I’m good for the money if I lose.

Go Dawgs.

Tough game to call tonight. I would think Michigan’s oline will lean on Washington and they’ll be able to control the ball and the clock. But Penix and those wideouts are so good. Feels kinda 2010 Auburnish where maybe not the most complete team wins the whole thing because of one (or a few more in this case) dynamic players.

It's going to be a close game. That's the one thing I'm very confident in. Therefore, taking points seems prudent. For all the talk about Penix and his wideouts (for good reason) not enough is being made of the Washington Offensive Line. They're going to need it tonight for sure.
Michigan's D is well aware that the Wash O line won the Joe Moore Award for best O line ...which Michigan's line won the past two years (and didn't deserve this year). So I expect Michigan's defensive front has some extra motivation to put a dent in that line's reputation. But can they? It'll be very interesting to see how the Wash O vs. Mich D plays out.

But I really like the prospect of Michigan's offense - JJ, and especially Corum - against a mediocre Wash D. If the Michigan offense can get off to a strong start ...big advantage, Michigan, I'd say. Go Blue.

Michigan 38
Washington 14

I'll guess 37-34 UW.

Agree with both of these - UM hasn't really faced an offense this good. And I do think the game comes down to whether Wash can give Penix time to find his receivers. I don't care how good the UM DBs are - they won't stop them unless they get pressure. But based on what they did to Bama, I think they can. I could see either team winning. I'll say Michigan wins it but I have zero cofidence in that.

Michigan 38
Washington 14

Done

:hifive:

Michigan 38
Washington 14

Done
I'll take that same bet. I'll put up $100 if you are interested.
Schmeabs? Do you want to make this bet? UW +5.5.

I’m fine with either $50 or $100, but I’d prefer the latter.

I’ve sent several hundred dollars to FBG charities that I’ve committed to over the past few years. I’m good for the money if I lose.

Go Dawgs.
Sorry, been out and hadn't checked thread. Yes, I am good with $100 on Michigan -5.5.

Go Blue!

Michigan 38
Washington 14

I'll guess 37-34 UW.

Agree with both of these - UM hasn't really faced an offense this good. And I do think the game comes down to whether Wash can give Penix time to find his receivers. I don't care how good the UM DBs are - they won't stop them unless they get pressure. But based on what they did to Bama, I think they can. I could see either team winning. I'll say Michigan wins it but I have zero cofidence in that.

It’s Ohio State 2022

Arizona State kept Washington from scoring an offensive touchdown in Seattle. I think Michigan's defense will do just fine.

Almost grabbed a Blackberry White Claw but didn’t want to touch anything purple. Going with Mango, at least until I switch to bourbon
Sticking with a local Michigan beer tonight. Got some Ascension 5th Stop Mosaic Pale Ale. I’ve got a Peanut Butter Marshmellow BA Gorilla Juice that I could be tempted to open if we win but it’s 17% and that would for sure mean taking the day off work tomorrow

Arizona State kept Washington from scoring an offensive touchdown in Seattle. I think Michigan's defense will do just fine.
Oregon gave up an average of 35 points to Washington in 2 games this year.
Yes when both starting corners get hurt in both games and are out that tends to hurt your defense against a good passing team. As long as Washington doesn't get lucky again with opponent injuries they are toast.

No idea who wins this, but I do know Michigan defies the laws of physics and both sucks and blows at the same time still #ND

Michigan should win on paper. Washington’s defense is their heel. Michigan’s offense is its heel unless they forget how to field kicks again. Washington is built for a close game and to come from behind. If Washington can get up over a TD, look out.

Drinks in Vegas weren't bad, but I STILL can't believe they weren't selling any merch at the last Pac-12 championship game. The Big Ten tells me you people like money, but I saw scant evidence of it.
I was at the game and remember walking in and seeing a huge line for merch that they were selling.
Where was that? We couldn't find any.

I just love the similar threads to this one. LOL.

I'm a neutral observer. Probably pulling for Washington due to Penix or Michigan because of their fight song and in spite of Harbaugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread