What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 College football thread - That's A Wrap (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, just putting this out there, they only consider head to head if things are extremely close. The committee could put Bama at 4, put OSU at 5 and move Texas to 6 and say h2h didn’t come into play because they weren’t that close.

Not saying that will happen but it could be their out.

What does Sept, Oct, Nov matter right now?
Are you being serious?
Would love to know what 2021 Georgia has to do with the 2023 playoff.

-ARE YOU? You only care because you are an FSU alum, you wouldn't be wanting FSU in there is you weren't a fan/alum, you wouldn't
You're bias nature cannot be overlooked here
And you’re a Miami fan lmao.

I’m sorry but I would be sitting here telling you any undefeated power 5 team would be in. I also told this thread last year that TCU would be in over Bama and everybody did the same tired well Vegas would have Bama favored argument then as well. And then TCU got in. Like fsu will.
Of course FSU is getting in, I didn't say they wouldn't get in
Sorry I really don’t know what you’re talking about then. I don’t follow.

So 2021 and 2022 matter and should be factored in.

But September and October games don't matter and should be forgotten.

🤔

-QG

Georgia has been No 1 for like 3-4 years?
B2B Titles and they have held down the No 1 spot as long as most I can remember and it seems like all season they have been No 1
They lost 27-24 in an SEC Title game to perhaps the biggest baddest football program in college football over the last 10-12 years in Alabama
The 2 schools have like 8 National Championships in the last 10 years
A combined 23-1 record going into yesterday and the game is decided by 3 points and we are talking about NEITHER of these 2 football teams being in the CFP?

You cannot have a CFP with no SEC representative, the week to week in the SEC would destroy most of these other teams trying to get into the CFP
-Ridiculous
Yes, if Florida State played someone like, say LSU, I'm sure they'd get absolutely destroyed

You know, if you start looking at Georgia’s schedule if they lose here …

I mean, Ohio fell from 2 to 6. Could UGA go from 1 to 5?
Georgia's best selling point is going to be a 3 year run. They shouldn't be top 4 if they lose today. And Texas should get in before Alabama does. Head to head especially on Alabama's field has to matter.
If Alabama wins today I think their overall record is more impressive than Texas’, slightly. That should matter more than head to head IMO (though I don’t know how they determine this.)
A 12-1 Big 12 champ beat a 12-1 SEC team at their house. Texas before Bama. Full stop.
What’s funny about this is that I generally like Texas, and generally root for them most of the time, and pretty much root against Alabama all of the time. So it’s not a matter of personal preference to me.

But I have to disagree with you. I think that overall Alabama had a better year than Texas and deserves to be there over Texas.
Texas 34 Alabama 24 why play the games otherwise?
All 12-13 games should matter. Not just one.

I beat you on your home field, but you're better? Sorry, but we're not ranking your top 42 Henny Youngman bits here, there is tangible evidence.

@Capella - forget who should be in, who will get in. Who do you think are the four best teams right now?

Georgia and Bama are probably the two best teams. After that everybody is too tight to call. I’d probably go Michigan, Washington.
Texas has been pretty impressive lately. I don’t think Washington belongs in the conversation of best teams. Just stated running the ball as of late but prior to that, they were pretty one-dimensional.

Best 4 team as of right now approach ... ALA, UGA, UM, TEX .... yes I'lm leaving out WAS
Most 4 deserving based on record, who they lost to, and SoS .... UM, WAS, ALA, FSU (which will make make school happy as FSU gets us a payout)

Tough choices for the committee. I think they latter is where they go, and UGA, OSU, and TEX are out the outside looking in. I don't see how the SEC can be left out. They've won 5 of the last 6 CFPs and are the strongest conference by a wide margin... don't care what the stats say. As someone pointed out, there were over 110 4&5 star recruits in that UGA/ALA game yesterday.

Honestly if UGA beats OSU or TEX in a bowl game and ALA doesn't win the CFP, UGA should be declared the champs 😂

@Capella - forget who should be in, who will get in. Who do you think are the four best teams right now?

Georgia and Bama are probably the two best teams. After that everybody is too tight to call. I’d probably go Michigan, Washington.
Texas has been pretty impressive lately. I don’t think Washington belongs in the conversation of best teams. Just stated running the ball as of late but prior to that, they were pretty one-dimensional.
Maybe. Texas is getting way too much credit for stomping that crap Okla St team.

I guess I just don’t respect the ACC or the Big 12 as much as I do the SEC, PAC-12 or Big 10. The first two seem like weaker conferences to me. That probably colors my thought process. Alabama running the table against the likes of LSU and Mississippi is more impressive than Texas struggling against Iowa St. And more important, IMO, than head to head matchups.

Maybe. Texas is getting way too much credit for stomping that crap Okla St team.
Maybe

Best 4 team as of right now approach ... ALA, UGA, UM, TEX .... yes I'lm leaving out WAS
Most 4 deserving based on record, who they lost to, and SoS .... UM, WAS, ALA, FSU (which will make make school happy as FSU gets us a payout)

Tough choices for the committee. I think they latter is where they go, and UGA, OSU, and TEX are out the outside looking in. I don't see how the SEC can be left out. They've won 5 of the last 6 CFPs and are the strongest conference by a wide margin... don't care what the stats say. As someone pointed out, there were over 110 4&5 star recruits in that UGA/ALA game yesterday.

Honestly if UGA beats OSU or TEX in a bowl game and ALA doesn't win the CFP, UGA should be declared the champs 😂
My only fault with you here is that you’re seriously underestimating how strong the PAC-12 was this year- way stronger than the Big-12.

If it's best teams no way it's fsu. That was boring football last night. They will be double digit dogs to anybody else in the top 10. No one wants to watch that garbage

don’t think Washington belongs in the conversation of best teams. Just stated running the ball as of late but prior to that, they were pretty one-dimensional.
Maybe, but that one dimension is really darn good.
guess I just don’t respect the ACC or the Big 12 as much as I do the SEC, PAC-12 or Big 10.
Totally get that, although as a conference I’m not including the PAC10 at this point.

I guess I just don’t respect the ACC or the Big 12 as much as I do the SEC, PAC-12 or Big 10. The first two seem like weaker conferences to me. That probably colors my thought process. Alabama running the table against the likes of LSU and Mississippi is more impressive than Texas struggling against Iowa St. And more important, IMO, than head to head matchups.
LOL. The LAC-12 is the weakest conference of the group

Texas what? In November, they struggled with TCU, Kansas State, and Iowa State. They smoked a bad Texas Tech team and an Oklahoma State team that got smoked by UCF and South Alabama this year.

As usual, you are just jumping into this with your Skip Bayless hot takes and don't actually know what you're talking about.

Texas what? In November, they struggled with TCU, Kansas State, and Iowa State. They smoked a bad Texas Tech team and an Oklahoma State team that got smoked by UCF and South Alabama this year.
Yeah and they also beat a small school like Alabama too. What frauds.

I'd put the ACC right near the top. Obviously lacking the top end teams like the SEC and Big10 but the middle of the pack holds up well.

And Alabama struggled against s. Florida, barely beat Texas a&m and Arkansas, and needed a miracle to beat a terrible Auburn team.

The same Auburn team that got absolutely destroyed by new Mexico state.

I will say that you guys have swayed me towards Texas getting the nod. And with that FSU needs to go. I guess I'm leaning towards the camp of deserves over best.

I’m not an SEC Homer, not even close. I just find it impossible that committee leaves Bama out. They’re only loss was to another top 5 team, and they just beat Georgia. They don’t leave Bama out bc the committee has an SEC bias and they’d obviously be a 2.5 TD favorite over a Travisless FSU. Bama is in, therefore, Texas is in.

FSU gets hosed.

I will say that you guys have swayed me towards Texas getting the nod. And with that FSU needs to go. I guess I'm leaning towards the camp of deserves over best.
Deserves would be an undefeated FSU imo. Best would be UM, Wash, Bama, GA (although I’d consider Texas here)

Except the committee has said their job is to pick the 4 best teams. Even Cappy doesn’t think FSU is one of the 4 best. I’ll be happy for next year to get here because quite frankly I won’t give a **** about 12 vs 13.

Except the committee has said their job is to pick the 4 best teams. Even Cappy doesn’t think FSU is one of the 4 best. I’ll be happy for next year to get here because quite frankly I won’t give a **** about 12 vs 13.
This is why anyone that says UGA’s season is done may be a little upset in a few hours.

I’m not an SEC Homer, not even close. I just find it impossible that committee leaves Bama out. They’re only loss was to another top 5 team, and they just beat Georgia. They don’t leave Bama out bc the committee has an SEC bias and they’d obviously be a 2.5 TD favorite over a Travisless FSU. Bama is in, therefore, Texas is in.

FSU gets hosed.
Really none of this at all is how the committee considers things. Just nonsense. The same sec bias last year got tcu in over Bama.

I am begging some of you people to pay attention to what the committee has done previously. They aren’t going to go by theoretical Vegas spreads.

This is why anyone that says UGA’s season is done may be a little upset in a few hours.

I’d be much more shocked with two SEC teams getting in (this year) than if they get shut out. I haven’t seen any pundits say UGA still gets in.

If FSU gets left out, then it clearly isn’t about deserving it’s about best teams. UGA has to be in that conversation. Not based on what they did in 21 or 22. Based on what they’ve done this year.

Yeah. Picking among 2 loss teams for that last spot is going to be much easier than 0 or 1 loss conference champs.

The added Conference title games can hurt teams as much as help. This year it is so tough because Texas beat Bama head to head, then Bama beat UG head to head, and FSU did not lose. No way they let Ohio State back in again while sitting at home.

Michigan and Washington are in for sure. Then it will be Bama, UG, Texas and FSU. Pick two and it won`t be easy.

And Alabama struggled against s. Florida, barely beat Texas a&m and Arkansas, and needed a miracle to beat a terrible Auburn team.

The same Auburn team that got absolutely destroyed by new Mexico state.

Have to believe the committee was hoping that desperation pass was not completed. Would have made it a little easier on them.

Auburn-Bama is a huge rivalry game so the underdog usually gives their best effort. So I discount the final score even though Bama was very fortunate.

If FSU gets left out, then it clearly isn’t about deserving it’s about best teams. UGA has to be in that conversation. Not based on what they did in 21 or 22. Based on what they’ve done this year.
I'm far from a FSU fan. That being said, if they get left out the committee might as well follow up with an announcement that they are eliminating the regular season and just picking whoever the hell they want for the tournament.

I'm far from a FSU fan. That being said, if they get left out the committee might as well follow up with an announcement that they are eliminating the regular season and just picking whoever the hell they want for the tournament.

I don’t buy this argument in the abstract - hypothetically, imagine they didn’t play LSU.

I’d still like to know how much the QB injury is impacting their decision. Will be interesting to hear them speak about it.

Who I want in: Ohio State, TCU, don't really care about the rest... ( I was so close to my dream championship game last year and doubt I will ever get that chance again)
Who I think should be in: Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas
Who I expect will get in: Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama

I’m really curious about the inverse and how much that factors in - which political relationship is most damaged by the decision?

The SEC is screaming benefit of doubt “because we’re the SEC” in a down year for the conference. If they leave the undefeated ACC champ out, the conference goes ballistic. If they leave Texas out, they devalue individual regular season games and scheduling.

I know they only will decide going opposite, but there’s likely that one person in the room going, “man you better be ready for the ACC/SEC backlash you’re about to unleash…”

Something 11th hour tells me we need to think of Texas as in. I don’t realistically see how they can be left out. Feels like a Bama vs FSU debate to me and one conference is gonna lose it.

Yeah and they also beat a small school like Alabama too. What frauds.
Read much? Post said lately which is what fsu seems to be judged on

Even the ESPN talking heads can’t make up their minds who gets in. Seems like consensus is that Georgia is out, Texas is in and if committee picks the four best that Bama is in - however, it seems like most are saying they won’t do that and put FSU in as the deserving team.

Welcome to the 1991 Rose Bowl presented by Prudential

No 1 Michigan vs No 2 Washington for the National Title
-FSU would lose to Georgia/Alabama in the Sugar Bowl

Final AP rankings after Michigan beats Washington
1. Michigan 14-0
2. Georgia 13-1
3. Alabama 13-1
4. Washington 13-1

There would be a lot less problems if they would revert back to the good ole days when just 2 teams were invited to play for the Title and people gathered and complained around the germ infested water cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread